https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...n-the-election

"The country's doing the best it's ever done, and I just heard she'd like to impeach," Trump told reporters during a meeting with the Iraqi president at the United Nations, calling the move a "continuation of the witch hunt."
    Trump think that because the country is doing "well", that illegal behavior on his part doesn't matter. Because of course he doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Republicans are too deeply invested in the cult mentality, they won't impeach their own. They have publicly said as much on multiple occasions.
    Fine. Win or lose in 2020. It's the right thing to do. Let the GOP have the scarlet letter of putting party above country. The US will solider on.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They must be extremely confident that they have that evidence.
    They might also have other evidence that implicates various Republican senators and congressmen in various scandals linked to Russia and Ukraine. That's a strong maybe there, but if they do, they'll have some Republicans by the balls if they do, which would be glorious.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    But they'll have to approve of what he did, which will be painful to do.

If he gets away with "nothing done but some ppl bitchin", then he'll go one step further next time.
    You clearly dont know how shameles republicans have become. They dont care, as long as Trump serves their purposes McConnell is going to keep him there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a reminder: Pelosi hasn't announced yet.

1) She's due to meet with other committes and stuff within the hour.

2) Trump said he'd release the transcripts.

This isn't a done deal yet.

Reminds me of the release announcement of starcraft 2. "Hell, it's about time"

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    And thus that is all the next year and election will be about. Forget the economy, forget mass shootings, forget climate change. It's nothing but impeachment from here on out. And ultimately, I don't see any path for it to succeed, definitely not before the election.
    I disagree. If they are smart, they will pin Impeachment on the Ukraine issue. The law Trump broke is clear, precise, and clearly violated. If they wrap the hearings around that issue, they can sew it up nice and tight, vote on it later this year, and be done. Give that hot potato to the Senate, who will NEVER hold hearings, and be done.

Then Trump can be the Impeached President trying to get reelected. And that would be awesome.

Moreover, the Dem candidate can focus all of their attention on the election issues - economy (tanking), tariffs, farming, and healthcare - while Pelosi continues to fundraise and at the same time troll Trump for his impeachment.

Her initial delays at drawing up Articles are going to look brilliant, even if all they were was lucky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Trump think that because the country is doing "well", that illegal behavior on his part doesn't matter. Because of course he doesn't.
    Trump's views on the country doing the best ever, and that such should make it impossible to impeach him, are already matters of record.

Of course, there's more.

By the way, she hasn't even seen the phone call. The phone call was perfect
    Kind of a big thing to say, when it took Pelsoi threatening to impeach him to get him to release the record. If the phone call was perfect, why wasn't it released right away? Why did multiple WH officials, including Trump, move to block its release and the whistleblower's report?

If [Pelosi] does that, they all say that's a positive for me in the election. You could also say who needs it. It's bad for the country.
    Interesting for Trump to admit something good for his re-election is bad for the country. That's not the ringing endorsement he thinks it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

This isn't even a proper impeachment yet, just starting an inquiry as to whether Trump has done something that is impeachable.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Fine. Win or lose in 2020. It's the right thing to do. Let the GOP have the scarlet letter of putting party above country. The US will solider on.
    Frankly, and I know I will get roasted for this later, I'd rather do the wrong thing and get Trump out and do the right thing and have this country implode. Trump winning in 2020 would be our country's downfall.

Strangely, the original document was written in black Sharpie!

Trump also said he'd release his taxes. This isn't an impeachment, just an inquiry. All this really changes is Trump can still try to stonewall all these facts and witnesses, stuff goes to court as usual, but now there is urgency so the courts will get fast tracked, but he can't stonewall forever now.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is not going to end well for Democrats, Trump or even Biden.

What you think it's a coincidence that Biden started going down in polls against Warren when this news broke out?

I used to think it would come down to Trump vs Biden, now I might have to revise that.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    This isn't even a proper impeachment yet, just starting an inquiry as to whether Trump has done something that is impeachable.
    Exactly. This is the grand jury, basically.

As I cited earlier, the first House move against Nixon was 10 months before he resigned. He resigned before the actual votes were held. Even if we hear "Okay let's do this NANCYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Pelosah!" we're going to be whelp-deep into the election before there's an actual yes/no thing.

During which time, Republicans are free to look at the other things Trump has done, and ask themselves "What do I really owe this person?" If Trump committed a textbook violation, they could decide their loyalty to Trump runs as deep as Trump's loyalty to them. God help Trump if that happens.

Or...you know, they could just all decide to spend time with their families.

7+ Year Old Account
    During which time, Republicans are free to look at the other things Trump has done, and ask themselves "What do I really owe this person?" If Trump committed a textbook violation, they could decide their loyalty to Trump runs as deep as Trump's loyalty to them. God help Trump if that happens.
    Or they might decide that Ginsburg's seat is more important to them then Trump.

I also really think you SEVERELY misunderstand Trump supporters: They don't give a shit if Trump is loyal to them, as long as he's a wrecking ball against the Washington crowd they'll support him.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    This is not going to end well for Democrats, Trump or even Biden.

What you think it's a coincidence that Biden started going down in polls against Warren when this news broke out?

I used to think it would come down to Trump vs Biden, now I might have to revise that.
    THE best thing that can happen to the Dems is that Biden is out.

Literally any other serious Dem challenger will eat Trump's lunch and shit on his head in the election.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Republicans are too deeply invested in the cult mentality, they won't impeach their own. They have publicly said as much on multiple occasions.
    Careful, truthfully calling out the GOP ideaology for what it is, is the height of "uncivility" these days.

Uncivility gets people infracted and banned.

Also pointing out that cults rely mostly on Gaslighting and Emotional Abuse to keep people inline, is uncivil as well.
    Government Affiliated Snark

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    THE best thing that can happen to the Dems is that Biden is out.

Literally any other serious Dem challenger will eat Trump's lunch and shit on his head in the election.
    I do not support Biden as the candidate for the Dems, but do you sincerely believe anyone else can beat Trump in WA, MI, PA?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    If this falls flat on its face like the other "scandals", they are essentially re-electing him for a second term. Let's hope there is actual verifiable evidence here.
    We already have verifiable evidence. The law was broken. There is no doubt. DNI should have reported to Congress re Whistleblower. Period. My six year old daughter could work that analysis out.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    I do not support Biden as the candidate for the Dems, but do you sincerely believe anyone else can beat Trump in WA, MI, PA?
    If Trump gets the boot (and Biden drops), I think it'll be a coin toss for those states.