10+ Year Old Account
    Himes with the slap-down for the partisan attacks claiming Vindman was partisan and beholden to foreign interests (how does that work?) while wearing his infantryman's badge and purple heart.

Remember when Republicans supported and respected the US military? Wonder when, exactly, they stopped. Because they clearly don't, any more.

“They didn’t use the word bribery so let’s ignore actions. Because words speak louder than actions... or something”

10+ Year Old Account
    And now Ratcliffe with the "big stack of paper" non-defense.

Saying that the word "bribery" doesn't occur in there (except one reference to Biden), but the point of witness testimony is to ascertain the facts, not delineate charges, which is where you'd use the word "bribery".

And claiming that the President can't defend himself in these proceedings.

That's not what these proceedings are meant to allow. That's the Senate proceedings, after Articles of Impeachment are filed. The President does not get to "defend himself" from House impeachment inquiries, procedurally. And Ratcliffe should fucking know that, as a member of the House; he's either a moron, or deliberately lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    I love the argument the GOP is using that you can't commit a crime unless somebody says the name of the crime while it is being committed.

I am going to try that next time I get pulled over for speeding.

Cop: "Do you know how fast you were going?"
    Me: "About 85 MPH"
    Cop: "Did you know it was a 45 Speed limit"
    Me: "Yes, but I never said I was speeding"
    Cop: "That is literally what speeding is"
    Me: "But I never said speeding"
    Cop: "Checks out, you are free to go"

Lol now Ratcliffe is trying to use the defense that because no witness didn't use the exact word, "bribery" it means nothing must have happened. Amirite? SMH.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Rep. Turner clearly doesn't understand the meaning of the word "Coordinate"

10+ Year Old Account
    The WSJ reports the Pentagon stands by to move Vindman to a secure location, if need be, due to threats on his life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how Jim Jordan keeps repeating the "Trump won in a landslide" line, like saying it will make it true.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The WSJ reports the Pentagon stands by to move Vindman to a secure location, if need be, due to threats on his life.
    Once again Trump and his supporters show they don't give a flying fuck about the armed forces and our veterans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I like how Jim Jordan keeps repeating the "Trump won in a landslide" line, like saying it will make it true.
    Right now the republicans are performing for an audience of one, look boss I repeated your line. They are competing to see who can go further up Trump's ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's also not relevant. Popularity does not entitle you to break the law. Speaking of which, 41.3% and falling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or that it's at all relevant...

"Your Honor, you can't convict me because I finished first at the local marathon last week!"

"How does that have anything to do with beating your wife to death using the neighbor's infant"

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Vindman is the whistleblower's source.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Looks like Vindman is the whistleblower's source.
    That's the narrative that Republicans are sure trying to create as they repeatedly try to publicly out the whistleblower on live TV.

Q: Why are you confident that you can tell your dad not to worry about you challenging Pres Trump?

Lt. Col. Vindman: "Here, right matters."
    Damn straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's the narrative that Republicans are sure trying to create as they repeatedly try to publicly out the whistleblower on live TV.
    Yeah, the GOP is hiding behind "we want to know who the whistleblower is" and not "we want to know if this evidence is true". As they continue to throw around the term "Never Trumper", they're obviously trying to create the narrative that the whistleblower and I guess by proxy everyone else involved is biased and I guess the hope is, by demonstrating bias, all the evidence magically goes away.

To misquote @Thekri

Cop: "Do you know how fast you were going?"
    Me: "About 85 MPH"
    Cop: "Did you know it was a 45 Speed limit"
    Me: "Yes, but you are biased"
    Cop: "I'm biased against people who are speeding, because that's breaking the law"
    Me: "By your admission of bias the evidence you have collected, including your nonsentient radar gun and dash cam, are inadmissable despite being objective"
    Cop: "Checks out, you are free to go"

7+ Year Old Account
    Jordan specifically said electoral landslide iirc.

Since Obama won by electoral landslide in 2012 (332-206)...it certainly can be reasonably argued that Trump won by electoral landslide in 2016 (306-232).
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Oh hey... The WH is attacking Vindman now with an out of context quote.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    From what we know the whistleblower had multiple sources.
    Perhaps we'll find out assuming Schiff let's him testify. But I won't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Jordan specifically said electoral landslide iirc.

Since Obama won by electoral landslide in 2012 (332-206)...it certainly can be reasonably argued that Trump won by electoral landslide in 2016 (306-232).
    Just the numbers: 332-206 means Obama got 61% more EC votes. 306-232 means Trump got 31% more. I would really not equate the two margins.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's Lieutenant Colonel Vindman, Mr Schiff!