10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I think I will pay more attention to what a legal scholar thinks over what you think.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...9YK?li=BBnb7Kz

How about 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Wow, you really don't know anything about the process...
    Do your homework child and find out the differences between the House of Representatives and the US Senate...

Run along now.
    I'm smart enough to realize this is not helping Democrats. Are you? Just watch 2020 after this, democrats have somehow made Trump look like the victim. This and the fact that they are literally rigging the primary against Bernie AGAIN, I'm not sure if we are not witnessing Walter Mondale 2.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    100% not going to happen, unless you mean reelected.
    Impeached means the House votes to pass articles of impeachment. If that happens, then the President has been impeached, and the Senate then takes up the case. Two previous Presidents have also been impeached, Johnson and Clinton.

That is why everyone is telling you to look up what the word means. Because impeached doesn't mean removed, and it doesn't have anything to do with the Senate. The House already has the votes to impeach him. It is a foregone conclusion no matter what happens.

So please figure out what you are arguing about. I believe what you mean is "GOP Senators will never allow a removal vote to pass in the Senate". Which can only happen after Trump is impeached. Also, if that is what you are arguing, I think pretty much everyone here agrees. Outside of wishful thinking, very few people expect the President will be removed by this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Poor guy doesn't know what impeachment means. See, someone gets impeached which means articles of impeachment are approved by a majority of the House. It then goes to trial in the senate. Impeachment happens first, then they decided whether the orange child is removed from office.
    Oh you mean when all the democrats get in a room and say they hate Trump, then it goes to senate and they tell those democrats to fuck off and somehow Trump gains support? Trust me, I have a million times more insight than you would even believe on these things.

I'm smart enough to realize this is not helping Democrats. Are you?
    Child...adults are talking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    So I shouldn't talk about aspects of this matter that you wish to ignore. The president's opinion regarding Ukraine corruption means nothing to you even though it's at the very heart of the matter.
    The reason trump committed the crime is immaterial.

What’s being judged is the crime itself.

If a husband murders his wife, it doesn’t matter how strongly he believed she cheated on him, he still murdered her.

The republicans aren’t attempting to prove innocence; they’re attempting to say over and over again that the wife was a whore, and that all the witnesses who saw the murder committed aren’t reliable because they liked a different sports team than the murderer.

That is exactly the “defense” the republicans are doing in this impeachment hearing.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-12-04 at 10:58 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trust me, I have a million times more insight than you would even believe on these things.
    Is Jeezy actually Donald Trump's MMO Champion account? I mean I am not trying to dox the poor guy, but the pattern of speech is similar. Maybe this explains why people get banned when they make personal attacks on the President.

Poor guy doesn't know what impeachment means.
    I suppose he's an example of how underfunded education is these days.
    Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if it weren't in the news all this time and he could have simply made the effort to...READ what was going on instead of showing off how ignorant he is.

Trump supporters...*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Impeached means the House votes to pass articles of impeachment. If that happens, then the President has been impeached, and the Senate then takes up the case. Two previous Presidents have also been impeached, Johnson and Clinton.

That is why everyone is telling you to look up what the word means. Because impeached doesn't mean removed, and it doesn't have anything to do with the Senate. The House already has the votes to impeach him. It is a foregone conclusion no matter what happens.

So please figure out what you are arguing about. I believe what you mean is "GOP Senators will never allow a removal vote to pass in the Senate". Which can only happen after Trump is impeached. Also, if that is what you are arguing, I think pretty much everyone here agrees. Outside of wishful thinking, very few people expect the President will be removed by this.
    I completely understand the process, again I'm 20 steps ahead like always. GOP is absolutely going to push the impeachment through to the Senate, then they can forced a ton of the leftover democrat presidential candidates to sit in a bunch of bullshit mandatory hearings and put a gag order on all of it so they can't talk about it during the campaign, which is basically impossible while running for president. Then, a couple months before the election all the republicans will vote against impeachment in the Senate and call it a sham. Trump looks like the victim, Warren Loses the election by double digits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I suppose he's an example of how underfunded education is these days.
    Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if it weren't in the news all this time and he could have simply made the effort to...READ what was going on instead of showing off how ignorant he is.

Trump supporters...*sigh*
    Everything I said was beyond your limit of understanding. I find this typical.

10+ Year Old Account
    I completely understand the process, again I'm 20 steps ahead like always. GOP is absolutely going to push the impeachment through to the Senate, then they can forced a ton of the leftover democrat presidential candidates to sit in a bunch of bullshit mandatory hearings and put a gag order on all of it so they can't talk about it during the campaign, which is basically impossible while running for president. Then, a couple months before the election all the republicans will vote against impeachment in the Senate and call it a sham. Trump looks like the victim, Warren Loses the election by double digits.

- - - Updated - - -

Everything I said was beyond your limit of understanding. I find this typical.
    Ah. Sorry. I didn't realize you being objectively wrong was all part of your clever plan to be a genius in contradicting the thing you just said.

Carry on then.

Clearly you don't when you claim 100% he won't be impeached bud.
    Basically the same way as Clinton was Impeached, which was reelected in revenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh you mean when all the democrats get in a room and say they hate Trump, then it goes to senate and they tell those democrats to fuck off and somehow Trump gains support? Trust me, I have a million times more insight than you would even believe on these things.
    You're almost as smart as Trump!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Ah. Sorry. I didn't realize you being objectively wrong was all part of your clever plan to be a genius in contradicting the thing you just said.

Carry on then.
    It's just funny Trump is Impeached by all democrats in a way that only helps him and it's some kind of accomplishment for leftist losers. Good luck with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    You're almost as smart as Trump!
    Not quite since he pulled off the greatest feat in the history of american politics and is about to do it again. Will you be in tears?

[Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-12-05 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Then, a couple months before the election all the republicans will vote against impeachment in the Senate and call it a sham. Trump looks like the victim, Warren Loses the election by double digits.
    Or maybe a population that already holds Trump in contempt will see the GoP as the enablers of corruption that they are, and punish them accordingly. I can play too.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Carry on then.
    I wonder if he's worked out Trump's genius plan of delaying the release of his tax and financial records until the general election campaign is almost in full swing? The Impeachment Inquiry should include those but may not.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah I see it's time for another game of Ring Around the Rosie, as the last guy got banned and someone else had to tag in for him to try and re-derail the thread again the more of someone else's exhausted talking points.

Anyway, mister 'r/Iamverysmart' aside - It looks like the Impeachment Proceedings could be taking a tole on Donald Trump's mental health.
    Last edited by Xyonai; 2019-12-04 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's like not bothering to pass laws banning murder and acting shocked when some fucko goes on a killing spree and you don't have any grounds to stop them. That's your fuckup for letting that happen in the first place. It was eminently "imaginable", you just didn't bother to think ahead and assumed everyone would play nice forever.
    That actually kinda happened in 1937. Some pharmaceutical company sold a literal poison as medicine, and the government suddenly realised there weren't any laws preventing this... 100+ deaths. I think the company had to pay a fine for mislabelling their product.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I think the Impeachment Inquiry process has made it pretty clear that it's not the U.S. government so much as it's the GOP House and Senate members who are corrupt. They are looking at factual (confessed) crimes by the Executive Branch (with co-conspirators in the House) and pretending the sky isn't blue.
    I wouldn't limit that to just the house and senate. There's plenty of state level GOP corruption, too.

Basically the same way as Clinton was Impeached, which was reelected in revenge.
    WTF are you smoking? The Democrats LOST the election after Clinton's impeachment.

I see we got the fake outrage of the hearing. It was a

Prof. Karlan uses the Trump family to outline the Constitution’s rule that there can’t be titles of nobility, saying ‘while the president can name his son Barron, he can’t make him a baron.’ Follow live #impeachmenthearing updates: https://t.co/HNWWM52Ejj https://t.co/JIJcvl83Qg
    https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1...121026560?s=19

Yes she was making a cheeky remark, yet now Melania and the Republicans are upset.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    WTF are you smoking? The Democrats LOST the election after Clinton's impeachment.
    I said he was a victim of poor education...