Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    This is incomplete....history is written by the victors and the living. Why is Wyatt Earp the western icon he is? cause he lived to see 80 and a desperate media allowed him to tell his tale of the old west because he was one of the last ones. There were more deserving people but because he was one of the last of his era he reaped the rewards. This will be the fate of the boomers, a group whose history will be written by the millennials and Zs they screwed over. Trump will always be linked as their failure.

Social media will never be a great record of much if we can't access what's written today in 30 years and I honestly have no faith we will
    My only point is one you already touched on, is that history is written by the people who are still around and able to write it down and talk about it, not necessarily the victors. With the internet and social media and people being able to post things almost instantaneously online, news and information spread around the world in seconds.

In a world like that, history being written by the victors can't really be a thing anymore because even the losers are able to get their information out there 1) because even if they're losing they can post something online and 2) losing doesn't necessarily mean death anymore.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Always funny how you are able to make Sulla drop all his bullshit pretense of civility @Cthulhu 2020 you truly do get under his skin
    Indeed.

The Impeachment of the criminal con-man Donald Trump is starting to shake loose the Senate as possibly being in play in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Congratulations on your meaningless one-sided impeachment that you couldn't even hold your caucus intact for.
    In other words, Democrats voted their consciences, not their partisan marching orders, and that's "bad" somehow.

Worse case scenario, you will always have this and what a beauty it is to behold. When you think back on the years that your party was completely out of power and was the political equivalent of a cuckold, you'll at least have this amazing achievement to look back on fondly and stave off the depression.
    And this, combined with the above, says so much more about you and your twisted perspective than it says anything about the state of governance or the Democrats.

You think "power" is what matters, not ethically responsible conduct.
    You think a party voting as a single caucus is "right", as opposed to members voting their interests/conscience.
    You're so obsessed with status and power that you frame those on the downswing of such as "cuckolds", like it's the fucking 19th century and that term really even means anything today.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea who that poster is and this is the first time I can remember ever replying to them. I'm not sure where I was putting up any pretense either.

What I find funny is how you can't participate in the thread with your own arguments or ideas and would rather just sit back and comment on other people. I'm sure the leftists that you're idolizing here really appreciate your fanaticism.
    Ok Pedo Lover

Infracted.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2019-12-19 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Trolling

ah I see the Trumpers got their talking points. Well done sirs defend your orange god! Yaaaaayy

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    In other words, Democrats voted their consciences, not their partisan marching orders, and that's "bad" somehow.

And this, combined with the above, says so much more about you and your twisted perspective than it says anything about the state of governance or the Democrats.

You think "power" is what matters, not ethically responsible conduct.
    You think a party voting as a single caucus is "right", as opposed to members voting their interests/conscience.
    You're so obsessed with status and power that you frame those on the downswing of such as "cuckolds", like it's the fucking 19th century and that term really even means anything today.
    his favorite kiddy diddler lost his bid for power, what does that say?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Your reply is not only utter nonsense, it has nothing to do with the thing the person you quoted said.
    Because conveying more than one point in a post is confusing to you?

Go ahead and reread what you quoted, and see if you're up for applying it to the post I quoted; it's pretty straight forward once you start thinking linearly. Shout if you're still confused and I'd be glad to help.

Meanwhile - Pelosi trolling Don the Con Man asking for a fair trial is a very nice christmas present. McConnell is hysterical in his utter hypocrisy, crying out for Constitutional Extortion, after all the bullshit he's pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    For anyone who thinks Trump's polls are "soaring sky high" I suggest they check this out: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/
    I wish their tracker put far less weight on Rasmussen. Rasmussen single handedly is distorting his approval/disapproval by about 4% because they put out such a high volume of polls, and all of them are such massive deviations from other polls. 538 explains their presence with the fact that they were right about 2016 - at the same time, they explain Rasmussen has been very wrong about every other election.

Whenever Trump quotes a favorable poll, it's pretty much always Rasmussen. I'm pretty sure it's just propaganda that we have to pretend is real because no one can prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Because conveying more than one point in a post is confusing to you?

Go ahead and reread what you quoted, and see if you're up for applying it to the post I quoted; it's pretty straight forward once you start thinking linearly. Shout if you're still confused and I'd be glad to help.

Meanwhile - Pelosi trolling Don the Con Man asking for a fair trial is a very nice christmas present. McConnell is hysterical in his utter hypocrisy, crying out for Constitutional Extortion, after all the bullshit he's pulled.
    i honestly think pelosi will go down as one of the greatest statesmen in US history, she's already being compared to LBJ.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you can take your "ethically responsible conduct" lie out to the pasture where it belongs. No one is believing it outside the Democrat echo chamber.
    You literally mocked the Democrats because they voted their conscience based on the facts, rather than sticking to party line.

Don't blame me because that exposes some pretty distasteful views of yours, supporting unethical conduct.

Yeah I mean, the poster I was replying to was not only naive but ignorant of current events (or at least Democrat excuses for losing an election). The internet is somehow the stalwart pillar that's going to hold up democracy against universal truths like "history is determined by the winners", but somehow a few social media posts that were like a drop in an ocean determined the election in the most powerful country in the history of the world... according to some narratives anyways.
    Again, nowhere did I ever connect social media and the internet to democracy, only to the "stalwart truth" that history is written by the victors. It's not written by just the victors anymore by virtue of the fact that more people than just "the victors" are able to post online and share their story and contribute to history. That's all I'm saying.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think you can take your "ethically responsible conduct" lie out to the pasture where it belongs. No one is believing it outside the Democrat echo chamber.
    Only Trumpkins like yourself think bringing criminals to justice isn't ethically responsible. This Impeachment brought to light the crimes of Trump, and it will be years before we get the full story.

Or did you forget about Deutche Bank already? That's next for the House Impeachment once Trump stops hiding his tax records.

You completely ignored my other posts about how the internet isn't unrestricted and just want to continue on without addressing it. Too bad.
    Unrestricted means what here? China moderates the shit out of their populations internet usage and what can be shared and whatnot and the whole world is still hearing about the protests in Hong Kong.

This is one of the most delusional things I've ever read in the history of this forum. You're so obsessed with going after Trump that you're willing to elevate one of the worst speakers you've ever had that constantly derailed the left's agenda.
    its just an observation, my friend.
    now, i certainly don't think she should be compared to jesus christ or gandhi.

Spreading information over the internet effectively is not determined solely by one's existence. For instance, I can PM all my buddies on this site to mass report you and send messages to blues about something innocuous you said to get you banned, thereby stopping you from spreading further information on this site. The internet isn't a fair place and its going to be even less so going forward.
    Missed this one. But I don't really get what fair has anything to do with it. The information gets out there to a level that's never been seen before. Disinformation campaigns and things like that exist now just as they did back then, but that doesn't prevent the actual information from getting out there.

I'm not naive enough to believe everything will be given a fair shot, or that people with power can and will try and bury shit they don't want to be seen, but that doesn't stop the information from being spread. Yes there's somewhat of a barrier for entry for what information can or will be seen by the public, but it's MUCH lower than it used to be. Again, see the Hong Kong protests as an example.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, because clearly what the whole world thinks has such a huge affect in China. Hell, we can't even get companies in the US to do the "right thing" when it comes to China because money talks (another universal truth).
    Again the only point is how this effects HISTORY not democracy or policy or anything else. Regardless of how much China didn't want the information to get out, or didn't want information to spread, it did and now that situation will be in the history books despite their best efforts to the contrary.

The internet will be a much tighter controlled place in the near future. You've only seen the opening salvo with things like net neutrality and such. Both sides want to censor it for different reasons. Don't get me wrong, I would love for the status quo to carry on far into the future. I just know that it won't.
    I don't disagree, I'm just saying I don't think it will matter that much.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    You replied to someone with something that was completely unrelated and unsupported. Feel free to explain how you feel the Senate is up for grabs in 2020 though. I'm sure it will be a good read.
    Like I said, once you figure out that a post can have more than one point, we can talk. If you're confused by that, just ask questions, and we'll help you through that deductive process.

Meanwhile, as the world turns, I'm curious if a strategy staffer is mapping out a way to hold the Articles past the Senate primaries to see if they might have the opportunity to vote their conscience for once.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Only fake internet lawyers think impeachment is anything close to "bringing criminals to justice" or that they should speak with finality such as that with unproven allegations.
    Wow - it's like you're finally reaching for people to explain things. Do you know what the court equivalent of an Impeachment from the House is? Hint: starts with the same letter.

Pelosi indeed will go down in history as one of the greatest statesmen from her brilliant strategy and conduct during these dark times. Leaders lead. Charlatans hold rallies.
    (where was Trump during this again? asking for a friend)

- - - Updated - - -

As has already been pointed out by me and others, the Senate can vote on the articles any time they want regardless of transmission from the House. That process is dictated by House rules and the Senate has no Constitutional responsibility to follow them. Pelosi is aiming an unloaded gun and everyone knows it. Stop trying to act otherwise.
    You have links for these opinions of yours? The Senate can vote on things they haven't received? Talk about delusional.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    i honestly think pelosi will go down as one of the greatest statesmen in US history, she's already being compared to LBJ.
    Agreed. Her conduct, strategy, and actions during this entire process has been amazing. And considering the litany of crimes Trump has committed and confessed to, we might only be seeing the tip of the iceberg. The House has already indicated more Articles might be forthcoming once Trump stops hiding behind the courts and we have his financials.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Pelosi has always been 20 steps ahead of Trump, it's pretty amazing. I'd vote for her in an instant if she ran for prez, but I also realize the power of the house majority leader, and how it potentially has even more power than the president.
    I think that was kinda the intention of the Founders.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the Senate can indeed vote on the (very public) articles of impeachment any time they want and end Pelosi's delusion that she's playing a game she can win. However, Mitch will be the one toying with her and allowing her to undermine her own committee's court fights over subpoenas by holding up the rest of the impeachment process in the Senate. Pelosi only has leverage in the eyes of clueless liberals and the usual lying media.
    Let us know when you're ready to share evidence of your opinion. Until then, the Constitution says otherwise.