Mega-Thread: Impeachment Proceedings & Inquiry of Trump

Impeachment Time.

Nancy Pelosi's Announcment

Acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire's Full Testimony

Trump Threatens Whistleblower

Whitehouse Partial Ukraine Transcript/Memo

Whistleblower Complaint Document

Thread Warnings:
    • This thread is about Trump's Impeachment Proceedings. Although you may reference other officials or events, do not instigate, take part in, or continue an off-topic derail. A small conversation or a single post is different from a sprawling off-topic debate. If you must, take a conversation to the proper thread or into PMs. Do not make obvious baiting comments.
    • Keep discussion constructive and civil. There is no reason to insult other users and make anything overly personal.
    • Report posts that you see breaking the guidelines. Do not try and publicly shame or make call outs, as it derails the thread and is an ineffective and inappropriate method to alert moderation.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-10-31 at 12:48 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's hope they don't screw this up. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    And thus that is all the next year and election will be about. Forget the economy, forget mass shootings, forget climate change. It's nothing but impeachment from here on out. And ultimately, I don't see any path for it to succeed, definitely not before the election.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    It's nothing but impeachment from here on out.
    I don't think so. Trump's record is so incredibly poor that there's plenty of other things to throw at him. This isn't "oh Clinton is doing well, oh thank goodness he cheated on his wife, use that". This is "Trump fails at everything, and then also broke his oath the Constitution on top of that."

The Shitshow lives on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I don't think so. Trump's record is so incredibly poor that there's plenty of other things to throw at him. This isn't "oh Clinton is doing well, oh thank goodness he cheated on his wife, use that". This is "Trump fails at everything, and then also broke his oath the Constitution on top of that."

The Shitshow lives on.
    Republicans are too deeply invested in the cult mentality, they won't impeach their own. They have publicly said as much on multiple occasions.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Republicans are too deeply invested in the cult mentality, they won't impeach their own. They have publicly said as much on multiple occasions.
    But they'll have to approve of what he did, which will be painful to do.

If he gets away with "nothing done but some ppl bitchin", then he'll go one step further next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    He may cut a deal to decline running for a second term. The evidence is already pretty damning, having actually admitted it, and I believe polls show he’d lose to basically anyone the Dems put up against him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forget the economy, forget mass shootings, forget climate change.
    The party in power doesn't care about those things and neither do their followers. Any hopes for this country to improve start with Trump out of office.

It's nothing but impeachment from here on out.
    Unless something BIG happens, you are right.

And ultimately, I don't see any path for it to succeed, definitely not before the election.
    Which is the worst thing about this. It's the right thing to do but since it's doomed to fail the Republicans will use it as a sign that "Glorious Leader" is innocent. Which will in turn fire up their base to vote against the "evil Liberals!!!!" who are trying to get the ball moving on justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    They did. Which is why the Democrats will continue to full-court press and bring up other issues as well.

Good.

They'll have to answer to the majority of the country who aren't up Trump's ass to get a better look at Putin's dick, why they are ok with such disgusting traitorous corruption.

This is the point the pendulum swings back against those fuckers.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

If this falls flat on its face like the other "scandals", they are essentially re-electing him for a second term. Let's hope there is actual verifiable evidence here.

Remember, you should not worry about the cultists. They will not be swayed by any means, they're too deep in the shit to do that now
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Good.

They'll have to answer to the majority of the country who aren't up Trump's ass to get a better look at Putin's dick, why they are ok with such disgusting traitorous corruption.

This is the point the pendulum swings back against those fuckers.
    If anything, it will allow Congress to slow down or halt Trump's destruction of executive side agencies.
    Dan Drezner made this case yesterday.

Whats often lost between Trump's serial outrages, is the destruction of various agencies such as the EPA, Interior (Destroying Monuments and Forests), Education, Labor, etc.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    If this falls flat on its face like the other "scandals", they are essentially re-electing him for a second term. Let's hope there is actual verifiable evidence here.
    They must be extremely confident that they have that evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Yeeeaaaaahhh.. too much of the latest Ukraine story is based on hearsay and speculation still. We even the original "whistleblower" didn't even have first hand information. This could blow up badly.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Yeeeaaaaahhh.. too much of the latest Ukraine story is based on hearsay and speculation still. We even the original "whistleblower" didn't even have first hand information. This could blow up badly.
    Oh, you have read the whistleblower report? Going by what Trump has said?

THIS IS PROBABLY ONE OF THE BEST DAYS OF THE YEAR
    8.2.5 REDEEMED BfA and SYLVANAS
    NOW TRUMP IS BEING IMPEACHED!!!!

I MIGHT EVEN GO AND BUY A LOTTERY TICKET LOL!!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They must be extremely confident that they have that evidence.
    They might, I think they are using this as a way to sling shit prior to the election... which as we have seen for 4 years now, shit slinging at Trump only strengthens his base, and then he spins it like it's some political attack against an outsider, etc...

Basically if he doesn't get impeached, he will be the next president. Democrats don't have a candidate to parade out billed as the great hope like they usually do. Everyone involved in the race is extremely unlikable.

I miss the old days of Bush and Gore or Kerry, or Obama and Romney/McCain regardless of who won you at least didn't feel like the country is worse off regardless of the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Grabbing my popcorn for when this blows up in the dems faces.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...mpression=true

Not even O'Connel was given a reason for why the aide was held up by the administration. That's not a good look for Trump.

hmf...My cynicism holds that Pelosi realized that the shit was snowballing with Dems, and she either needed to get out of the way or take control of the situation.
    snowballing shit...that would ruin her day for certain.