10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Still, if Trump loses the support of evangelicals then he's done, that's easily half or more of his base.
    The evangelicals don't care what Trump does, so long as he appoints the judges they tell him to appoint.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    They should have called Trump an atheist.
    An atheist cannot win the Republican nomination anymore. They need the Religious Right and gun nuts to even get most of the popular vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    They should have called Trump an atheist.
    An atheist can not think they're a god.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    An atheist cannot win the Republican nomination anymore. They need the Religious Right and gun nuts to even get most of the popular vote.
    I'm not confident an atheist would even win the Democratic nomination. Certainly would never win the general election regardless of party.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    oh yea fuck the poor who contribute minimal to society yet take all they can.

Also honestly being a evangelical the reason they are pushing this is because they want Pence as soon as possible. No other reason to be honest.
    As someone who grew up evangelical, these two things being literally back to back would have shamed every pastor I ever listened to.

My moral compass points more towards the less political correctness side. I was happy to see someone so willing to speak their mind vs the say the political correct thing. Im tired of everyone complaining their feelings are hurt over everything.
    rofl

So you supported a man who literally wanted people/organizations to be barred from accurately reporting the reprehensible garbage he says and does saying mean things about him.

fuck the poor who contribute minimal to society yet take all they can
    Well, I hope you've never objected to being called deplorable. Since this is pretty much the definition.

Although why would you object to it? The people calling you that were just "speaking their minds vs saying the politically correct thing," right? So pathetic.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2019-12-20 at 02:11 PM.

Honestly in a way yea sort of. I voted for him and support him for 2 main reasons. My moral compass points more towards the less political correctness side. I was happy to see someone so willing to speak their mind vs the say the political correct thing. Im tired of everyone complaining their feelings are hurt over everything. The other reason is well how can i word this, oh yea fuck the poor who contribute minimal to society yet take all they can.

Also honestly being a evangelical the reason they are pushing this is because they want Pence as soon as possible. No other reason to be honest.
    I remember a time the right wing used the following excuse.
    ''they are just stating what everybody is thinking''
    Now it's
    ''insert random complaining about being PC''

Looking back to that argument and looking at the current argument it seems obvious that the argument changed from being ''honest'' to ''I want to be an asshole and you need to like it''.

And honestly, you don't even really know what ''politically correct'' really means.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    If he has such a tiny chance of being removed from office and will still be able to run in 2020, wasnt the impeachment a huge waste of time and taxpayers money?
    It exposes the republican party even more, since it is popular with over half the country and popular among independents. And what should we do regarding impeachment? A person commits crimes, breaks his oath, and we just ignore it because it isn't politically possible to remove him so just let him run free?

Honestly in a way yea sort of. I voted for him and support him for 2 main reasons. My moral compass points more towards the less political correctness side. I was happy to see someone so willing to speak their mind vs the say the political correct thing. Im tired of everyone complaining their feelings are hurt over everything. The other reason is well how can i word this, oh yea fuck the poor who contribute minimal to society yet take all they can.

You voted for him because your feelings were hurt over self-identifying as a deplorable, and also because you're tired of everyone complaining their feelings are hurt. Also, fuck the poor.

Exhibit A in why I really don't want to hear another fucking thing about how Democrats need to empathize with / cater to this particular subset of voters

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    rofl

So you supported a man who literally wanted people/organizations to be barred from accurately reporting the reprehensible garbage he says and does saying mean things about him.

Well, I hope you've never objected to being called deplorable. Since this is pretty much the definition.

Although why would you object to it? The people calling you that were just "speaking their minds vs saying the politically correct thing," right? So pathetic.
    No honestly if i were poor and someone was trying to take stuff im getting for free from me id call me a deplorable too. I consider myself more of an asshole and i know it. I dont like helping people who put no effort into society. Especially illegals who get things from our government. I like a guy who speaks his mind. The rich will never pay for any of this. They are the biggest donors to the political parties. They may be saying the rich will pay but they are lying to you. It will be paid for by everyone. Even of your not using something youll pay. This is why i cant trust the dems.

I feel like Pelosi deserves her own Megathread for being a boss: https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/p...cconnell-snide

"Just one day after leading the charge to impeach President Trump in the House of Representatives, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) sat for an interview with Politico, brushing off Republican attempts to paint her delay in delivering the articles to the Senate as a sign of weakness.

On Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell suggesting she was “too afraid” to deliver a “shoddy work product” to the Senate, Pelosi said: “Oh pfft,” according to Politico. “Fear is never a word used with me. You should know right away. … I’m never afraid and I’m rarely surprised.”

On House Republicans at times obscure behavior during the House debate and vote on the articles of impeachment Wednesday: “Some of them don’t believe in the Constitution. … They didn’t act upon it, they acted completely against it. They believe in Donald Trump,” she told Politico.

On the recent increase in House Republican lawmakers announcing retirements: “It means that they know they’re gonna lose,” she reportedly said. “And if you win, you’re going to serve in the minority under a Democratic president. You may want to spend more time with your family.”"

10+ Year Old Account
    No honestly if i were poor and someone was trying to take stuff im getting for free from me id call me a deplorable too. I consider myself more of an asshole and i know it. I dont like helping people who put no effort into society. Especially illegals who get things from our government. I like a guy who speaks his mind. The rich will never pay for any of this. They are the biggest donors to the political parties. They may be saying the rich will pay but they are lying to you. It will be paid for by everyone. Even of your not using something youll pay. This is why i cant trust the dems.
    It really baffles me how people not only openly profess crab mentality, but also think it's a reasonable, justifiable outlook on life.

Because that's your entire position, here. Crab mentality. It doesn't go any deeper than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Yes.

But only the ones that do absolutely nothing.
    Ok, but there are rich people who do absolutely nothing and still benefit plenty from society, so it's not really the activity level you're objecting to.

*sings* Trump nuts roasting on an open fire.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

They're both just as bad.

The slobs, abusive, drug-addicted, lazy at the bottom or those at the top. There is no difference between them.
    Well, there is a difference between them: in the scenario of fuck the rich and fuck the poor, only one of those actually gets hurt, and it's the most vulnerable group--never the rich.

I do not care to 'fuck the poor' indiscriminately. I just know there are a bunch of leeches and bad people among them. Being poor does not make you an innocent saint without responsibilities.

We should reward those who try and fuck those who don't. I would an equal opportunity fucker.
    Ok, but no one argued that ANYONE'S an "innocent saint without responsibilities." The argument is about "fucking" the most vulnerable for behavior that gets a pass in the most powerful.

I do not care to 'fuck the poor' indiscriminately. I just know there are a bunch of leeches and bad people among them. Being poor does not make you an innocent saint without responsibilities.

We should reward those who try and fuck those who don't. I would an equal opportunity fucker.
    That's rather extreme it's quite simply really one group has a system that gives them trillions in welfare and they have an army of politicians defending them as job creators because money equals speech. On the other hand you have a larger group of people with virtually no voice who are degenerated on a regular basis for being leechers.

So being oaths have to be taken where senate members say they will be impartial and we have had public admissions that they will not be shall they be recused ?

Like before all these senators went on tv saying how they don’t give a fuck and are working with the president did they also forget the oath of impartiality?
    Last edited by Themius; 2019-12-20 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So being oaths have to be taken where senate members say they will be impartial and we have had public admissions that they will not be shall they be recused ?

Like before all these senators went on tv saying how they don’t give a fuck and are working with the president did they also forget the oath of impartiality?
    No, they just don't give a shit.

ETA: Jeff Sessions must feel so dumb.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    If he has such a tiny chance of being removed from office and will still be able to run in 2020, wasnt the impeachment a huge waste of time and taxpayers money?
    Still no. Indicting a criminal on crimes they committed is never a waste of time. And we now have an official list of those House members who put party over country.