The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I just don't see it the money he would lose by turning on Trump not to mention his celebrity status in conservative circles wouldn't be worth it.
    Yeah, agreed. I mean unless the about face was by a considerable percentage of conservatives, wherein they all turn against him. Which of course I don't see happening. So yeah, it's got to be some kind of trick. Or wild card.

The way he is milking and teasing this doesn't lend to the feeling that he just wants to retire, Bolton likes being relevant his ego won't let him turn do something that would make him irrelevant in conservative circles. Let's be honest the left is never going to give him the kind of voice and celebrity he wants and if I am not mistaken after he left he went to his foundation.

Bolton plans to be a king maker and a best seller he won't kill the golden goose.
    Here is something for you, after Trump is out of office, what do you think the situation his sycophants will be in afterward? Also keep in mind that he doesn't like Trump either.

Either he sticks with Trump even though he hates them and gets some sales from the GOP circles of sycophants but largely gets ignored by the rest as they know it is bullshit. Especially if his book is honest and will ALREADY be shitting on them.

OR he actually turns on Trump and pisses them off which gives him even more increased sales for a book that already bashes him and stands a chance of holding on a little after Trump is out and all the investigations start dragging the truth out of them.

Quite literally, the only thing that would leave him with the long term better prospect of sticking with Trump is if they know the fix is already in and we don't actually have a legit election anytime in the near future.

If he cares about himself, his best long term bet would be to turn on Trump. If he sticks with him, it will hurt his book sales, it will hurt his long term image and it will hurt his job prospects outside of the Fox news circle as even the republican party will treat Trumps people who stick with him as toxic when the investigations all come out.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Yeah, agreed. I mean unless the about face was by a considerable percentage of conservatives, wherein they all turn against him. Which of course I don't see happening. So yeah, it's got to be some kind of trick. Or wild card.
    Democrats need to keep their eye on the ball call witnesses they know are going to be bad at covering for Trump like Mulvaney, Mnuchin, the white house lawyer and documentation. The goal is to make the shit sandwich republicans are about to swallow as shitty as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Here is something for you, after Trump is out of office, what do you think the situation his sycophants will be in afterward? Also keep in mind that he doesn't like Trump either.

Either he sticks with Trump even though he hates them and gets some sales from the GOP circles of sycophants but largely gets ignored by the rest as they know it is bullshit. Especially if his book is honest and will ALREADY be shitting on them.

OR he actually turns on Trump and pisses them off which gives him even more increased sales for a book that already bashes him and stands a chance of holding on a little after Trump is out and all the investigations start dragging the truth out of them.

Quite literally, the only thing that would leave him with the long term better prospect of sticking with Trump is if they know the fix is already in and we don't actually have a legit election anytime in the near future.

If he cares about himself, his best long term bet would be to turn on Trump. If he sticks with him, it will hurt his book sales, it will hurt his long term image and it will hurt his job prospects outside of the Fox news circle as even the republican party will treat Trumps people who stick with him as toxic when the investigations all come out.
    The timeline doesn't work the book is coming around the election and even if Trump loses his base and Fox News are going to be lucrative cows to milk. He doesn't need to please the broad audience just narrow slice of the country that he can milk until he dies. After the bases turns on Trump he along with many other people can change the narrative and he can point to his firing as proof that the guy hated him.

Out of everyone who left the white house he is honestly in the best positions to play both sides to his advantage.

The timeline doesn't work the book is coming around the election and even if Trump loses his base and Fox News are going to be lucrative cows to milk. He doesn't need to please the broad audience just narrow slice of the country that he can milk until he dies. After the bases turns on Trump he along with many other people can change the narrative and he can point to his firing as proof that the guy hated him.

Out of everyone who left the white house he is honestly in the best positions to play both sides to his advantage.
    Didn't realize the book was coming out around the election. If that is the case, it will probably get sales regardless just to be torn apart from both sides.

As far as him playing both sides, that doesn't seem possible after the book comes out. Either it is shining on Trump and it will get praise from him and his base but destroys him later when the truth starts to come out. Or it is honest and scathing and he gets dropped from the Trump base and is cut off for a short time till after the investigations are done and all. A neutral reaction where he tries to play both sides will effectively get him cut off from both.

If this was the 70s or 80s or something, I could see that working out for him, but not in the age of the internet which effectively never forgets. That is a gamble he may very likely will regret. History is no longer written by just the victors and the survivors.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Democrats need to keep their eye on the ball call witnesses they know are going to be bad at covering for Trump like Mulvaney, Mnuchin, the white house lawyer and documentation. The goal is to make the shit sandwich republicans are about to swallow as shitty as possible.
    Agreed. When you said Mnuchin I was thinking the Senator from West Virginia for a second there, lol. If the Senate trial allows witnesses, they need to shove a who shit-sandwich cart down the GOP's throat.

I have to think at some point they will start to see Trump as a liability. How they don't already is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Didn't realize the book was coming out around the election. If that is the case, it will probably get sales regardless just to be torn apart from both sides.

As far as him playing both sides, that doesn't seem possible after the book comes out. Either it is shining on Trump and it will get praise from him and his base but destroys him later when the truth starts to come out. Or it is honest and scathing and he gets dropped from the Trump base and is cut off for a short time till after the investigations are done and all. A neutral reaction where he tries to play both sides will effectively get him cut off from both.

If this was the 70s or 80s or something, I could see that working out for him, but not in the age of the internet which effectively never forgets. That is a gamble he may very likely will regret. History is no longer written by just the victors and the survivors.
    It's a thin line but doable he can rake the people in the administration he doesn't like such as Pompeo, Jared, Ivanka even Rudy then shield Trump by going with executive privilege and go light on details. I am sure his book will have explosive stuff about other people but don't expect him to go after Trump hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. When you said Mnuchin I was thinking the Senator from West Virginia for a second there, lol. If the Senate trial allows witnesses, they need to shove a who shit-sandwich cart down the GOP's throat.

I have to think at some point they will start to see Trump as a liability. How they don't already is beyond me.
    Looks like Moscow Mitch and Trump want to change the rules and just dismiss the articles altogether since I don't see a fourth republican that would be needed to block it this may just be a 1-2 day affair.

They probably did since day 1. But the power and money they got through him was just too sweet to throw away.

I am sure every single one of them is hoping Trump has a stroke tweeting on the loo one fine morning so they can get on with their lifes and President Pence and pretend Trump did nothing wrong.

Which is why I wish Trump the best of health, America needs to get him out the right way revealing all of the corruption.

Are they going to impeach the President this week or keep dragging their feet until the re-election?
    Last edited by Martymark; 2020-01-13 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Are they going to impeach the President this week or keep dragging their feet until the re-election?
    He was impeached December 18th, 2019.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    He was impeached December 18th, 2019.
    You haven't seen the talking point that every right wing outlet has been pushing because of Noah Feldman?

Apparently because the articles haven't been submitted Trump isn't really impeached. Trumpkins are getting as bad as anti-vaxxers these days. One person says something supportive for their arguments so it's the Holy Grail of Real Truth!
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    You haven't seen the talking point that every right wing outlet has been pushing because of Noah Feldman?

Apparently because the articles haven't been submitted Trump isn't really impeached. Trumpkins are getting as bad as anti-vaxxers these days. One person says something supportive for their arguments so it's the Holy Grail of Real Truth!
    I'm familiar with Noah Feldman's ridiculous argument, yes. However, "The House shall have the sole power of Impeachment." Nothing about "contingent upon lawless Constitution-hating abettors in the Senate" doing jack shit.

I keep asking and no one has answered, so will any Trump supporter please answer this:

If Trump is innocent and we all know the Repub senators won't vote to remove him from office, WHY are you all and Trump so butt hurt and bent out of shape about the paperwork not being sent over yet?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    The good guys nailed that achievement just before the holidays, mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I keep asking and no one has answered, so will any Trump supporter please answer this:

If Trump is innocent and we all know the Repub senators won't vote to remove him from office, WHY are you all and Trump so butt hurt and bent out of shape about the paperwork not being sent over yet?
    It's the same reason rescuing a drowning man is dangerous. That primal instinct kicks in.

on ABC this weekend, Pelosi said that "We have confidence in our case." , yet Shumer keeps whining about wanting more witnesses and what does the President have to hide. It's a real united front of hypocrisy that knows no bounds.

As stated multiple times, the senate will not remove him, this is all just a waste of time. I also like how Pelosi beamed about "The president is impeached for life, regardless of any gamesmanship on the part of Mitch McConnell," she said. "There is nothing the Senate can do to ever erase that." And that really hurt Bill Clinton didn't it?

Yeah, hypocrisy...Trump supported witnesses testifying...then shit himself when witnesses came forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    on ABC this weekend, Pelosi said that "We have confidence in our case." , yet Shumer keeps whining about wanting more witnesses and what does the President have to hide. It's a real united front of hypocrisy that knows no bounds.
    Given that neither statement contradicts the other, you apparently need to be reminded that your overactive imagination is not actually evidence.

Pelosi is confident in the case made in the Articles of Impeachment.
    Schumer thinks more Articles can, and should, be drafted.
    No contradiction whatsoever.

As stated multiple times, the senate will not remove him, this is all just a waste of time.
    Without even reviewing the evidence and arguments, you know the Senate won't remove Trump from office, eh?

That's a straight-up admission that you know Senate Republicans will vote the partisan line rather than honestly considering the facts and evidence, as basic ethics would require. You're admitting that they're dishonest cheats who won't do their job and will put party ahead of country.

Which, y'know, just proves Pelosi right. You're admitting that she is.

I also like how Pelosi beamed about "The president is impeached for life, regardless of any gamesmanship on the part of Mitch McConnell," she said. "There is nothing the Senate can do to ever erase that." And that really hurt Bill Clinton didn't it?
    Bill Clinton wasn't up for re-election. And given that the next election went to the Republican candidate, yeah. It hurt the Democrats.

You can have confidence that you have an airtight case, but when the jury openly come out before the trial and says, "We're going to acquit regardless.", that kinda complicates things, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You can have confidence that you have an airtight case, but when the jury openly come out before the trial and says, "We're going to acquit regardless.", that kinda complicates things, no?
    Did it complicate the process when democrats came out for several years saying they want to impeach the motherfer? They want him gone, no matter why, that is why it was always going to be impeachment. It was a completely partisan vote to impeach. It's going to be a bipartisan vote to not remove. You can't whine that one party is doing exactly the same thing the other party is doing, voting party lines. But keep being a hypocrite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did it complicate the process when democrats came out for several years saying they want to impeach the motherfer? They want him gone, no matter why, that is why it was always going to be impeachment. It was a completely partisan vote to impeach. It's going to be a bipartisan vote to not remove. You can't whine that one party is doing exactly the same thing the other party is doing, voting party lines. But keep being a hypocrite.
    Justin Amash is a Democrat, apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.