The best part is that this is a Republican from Connecticut, where the supposedly "reasonable" Republicans exist.

I'm pretty sure that he won't get far in CT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The best part is that this is a Republican from Connecticut, where the supposedly "reasonable" Republicans exist.
    Cryptozoologists have yet to come to an agreement on wether "reasonable Republicans" are anything more than a fabrication, and if they're worth elevating to the level of Bigfoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I'm pretty sure that he won't get far in CT.
    I'm sure there are Trump supporters that think that spying on US ambassadors is a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Schiff
    Nadler
    Rep. Val Demings (D-Fla.)
    Rep. Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.)
    Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif.)
    Rep. Jason Crow (D-Colo.)
    Rep. Sylvia Garcia (D-Texas)

The prosecutors for the trial. A damn good team to represent the people of the United States too. Too bad the GOP is not interested in justice or accountability.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...63H?li=BBnb7Kz

I'm a little confused. Wouldn't house Republicans want the articles to go to the Senate? Why vote against it knowing it's going there anyway? And with team turtle face trying to rig it in Trump's favor it makes even less sense to vote against sending it to the Senate.
    Was a little confused by that myself, the GOP has been complaining that it wasn't sent to the Senate, so why would they be against it now? This isn't the same as voting for impeachment, this is just doing your constitutional duty and sending it to the Senate.

For that matter I am actually confused as why this is a thing you have to vote on.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2020-01-16 at 12:47 AM.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    More than just voicemails, as we’ve seen from the recently released evidence. He kept everything apparently. Which is smart for someone who had to know they’d try to make take the fall.
    I mean, a crook knows to keep this material. Either for blackmail or to give to law enforcement to cut a deal.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    More than just voicemails, as we’ve seen from the recently released evidence. He kept everything apparently. Which is smart for someone who had to know they’d try to make take the fall.
    Also if you're being hired out to do shady/illegal shit, it seems smart to keep records of everything in the event you get caught and you wanna strike a bargain. Which, yeah, is really useful if you think your former peers are gonna be trying to drive a bus over you.

I don't think he's entirely credible on his own, but this wouldn't remotely surprise me.

If he has receipts for this, I'll believe him.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.courant.com/politics/hc-...cwe-story.html

More info on Robert Hyde.

Responding to a protective order, Simsbury police removed six firearms and more than 800 rounds of ammunition last year from the home of Robert F. Hyde, who has been linked to an apparent surveillance operation of the U.S. ambassador to Ukraine by associates of President Trump’s personal attorney.

Officers seized three rifles, two shotguns, a flare launcher, and other shooting accessories from Hyde’s home in Weatogue last June, according to a police report.

When Simsbury police arrived at Hyde’s home last year to confiscate his firearms, they described him as “very cooperative.” But a week later, police responded to a trespassing complaint from the First Church of Christ. Church staff told police that Hyde had begun attending Sunday services two weeks prior and had taken videos of himself in and around the church “for political campaign purposes” and posted them on social media.

According to the report, the staff told police that due to Hyde’s “unsettling behavior and political campaigning," they wanted help asking him not to return to the congregation. They did not ask to press charges. Two days later, a Simsbury police officer went to Hyde’s home and explained the church’s complaint. Hyde was “surprised by the complaint and understood,” according to the report.
    Unsurprisingly, someone in Trump's orbit is a massive piece of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    So that's another guy who thinks GOP won't let anywhere near DC during the trial.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

https://www.thedailybeast.com/devin-...ith-lev-parnas

Conveniently, Devin Nunes just started remembering that yes, he has had direct phone discussions with Lev Parnas.

I wonder if he's worried about the contents getting out and realizes that he can't pretend it's all "FAKE NEWS" anymore.

I think the stock of Kimberly-Clark (Depends) will rise after watching the Parnas interview tonight with Rachel Maddow.

Someone in the White House will need a couple of them.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

https://twitter.com/rgoodlaw/status/1217608532448595970

House Foreign Affairs Committee isn't fucking around.

Also, where the fuck is the State Department? Information was released yesterday about one of their ambassadors potentially being spied on by US citizens, and I don't think I've seen so much as an official comment acknowledging this, much less a proper response.

Was their response just to cancel the Congressional briefing on Iran and sulk in a corner? Because that's sure what it looks like. That or they're frantically trying to figure out how to respond because they're a clusterfuck of a shitshow.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Damn, he's just out to fight everyone. This is what being a Trump acolyte looks like, obedience to Trump over all, and anything that can be done to "support" Trump, regardless of the legality of it, is fair-game.

I just wonder how much more of this kind of behavior is going on that we don't know about. Yet.
    Well, he won't have long in the spotlight; Republicans break with Robert Hyde, latest player in Ukraine drama

Congressional Republicans are distancing themselves from Robert Hyde, a controversial House candidate and GOP donor who has become the latest figure to get wrapped up in the Ukraine saga that led to President Donald Trump’s impeachment.

The top three Republican leaders in the House — Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy of California, Minority Whip Steve Scalise of Louisiana and GOP Conference Chairwoman Liz Cheney of Wyoming — all said they don’t know Hyde and don’t support him, according to their offices.

And the Republican Party chairman in Connecticut, where Hyde is one of several Republicans vying to challenge Democratic Rep. Jahana Hayes this fall, is calling on Hyde to drop out of the race.

------------------

His next job is to play the perfect patsy... the fall guy for what's going down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/devin-...ith-lev-parnas

Conveniently, Devin Nunes just started remembering that yes, he has had direct phone discussions with Lev Parnas.

I wonder if he's worried about the contents getting out and realizes that he can't pretend it's all "FAKE NEWS" anymore.
    Oh poor Linsey Graham, wont even be remembered as Trump's chief toady thanks to Nunes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soooo... This interview with Parnas is pretty freaking interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Soooo... This interview with Parnas is pretty freaking interesting
    A summary would be nice for those of us not watching.