Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Weren't the Republicans supposed to win big in 2018?

Oops.
    They also supposedly won big in 2016 while losing the popular vote and losing seats in the House and Senate. Oops again

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    He also said

You don’t have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this Constitutional Republic,” - Sen (r) Graham 1999
    "“People try to analyze Lindsey through the prism of the manifest inconsistencies that exist between things that he used to believe and what he’s doing now,” Schmidt says. “The way to understand him is to look at what’s consistent. And essentially what he is in American politics is what, in the aquatic world, would be a pilot fish: a smaller fish that hovers about a larger predator, like a shark, living off of its detritus. That’s Lindsey. And when he swam around the McCain shark, broadly viewed as a virtuous and good shark, Lindsey took on the patina of virtue. But wherever the apex shark is, you find the Lindsey fish hovering about, and Trump’s the newest shark in the sea. Lindsey has a real draw to power — but he’s found it unattainable on his own merits.”"

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-trump-928948/

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

What's next, adult coloring books?
    How dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I can't wait for this to be over, maybe then they can all just focus on the country.
    You're funny, Trump hasn't focused on the country since day one.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I can't wait for this to be over, maybe then they can all just focus on the country.
    Yeah, we know, you don't care about the truth. Your signature explains it all. Especially when you put that bullshit link to an opinion article from the New York Post, like it is worthy of anything but erasing. Keep shilling for Trump, you will eventually get to the same point that the Republican senators and congressmen are. Ignoring reality and evidence, oh wait, you already do that. Carry on.

- - - Updated - - -

This does nothing and changes nothing in the country.
    It will change our president. Because it ABSOLUTELY should. You have a link to an opinion article about Obama. Well, ask yourself, if Obama did this, what would I be doing right now? You would be fucking screaming for impeachment on a fucking bullhorn. Hypocrite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Wasn't that against the rules of decorum that Mitch McConnell made? That people shouldn't be moving around?

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Wasn't that against the rules of decorum that Mitch McConnell made? That people shouldn't be moving around?
    They've been ignoring pretty much all of them. Several GOP Senators were have been chatting with each other during the proceedings, for example, though I suppose that makes sense since they're not there to get information anyway given that their vote is already locked in.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51231047

Cool, so both parties Senators, though seemingly many more Republicans, are acting like bored schoolkids.

This. Is. Your. Fucking. Job.

If I acted like this during an event for work that was even remotely as significant and important as an Impeachment trial, I'd be instantly fired for unprofessionalism.

This is unacceptable, and all Senators sleeping, doddling, making paper airplanes, repeatedly leaving to check Twitter, and playing with fidget spinners need to receive a school kids punishment for their behavior - detention where they're forced to remain in the chamber even longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    If left unchecked, Republicans would "focus on the country" in much the same way they would focus on an unprotected underage schoolgirl.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Cool, so both parties Senators, though seemingly many more Republicans, are acting like bored schoolkids.

If I acted like this during an event for work that was even remotely as significant and important as an Impeachment trial, I'd be instantly fired for unprofessionalism.

This is unacceptable, and all Senators sleeping, doddling, making paper airplanes, repeatedly leaving to check Twitter, and playing with fidget spinners need to receive a school kids punishment for their behavior - detention where they're forced to remain in the chamber even longer.
    its probably to signal to their voters that "impeachment doesn't matter" as they've been saying the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    They've been ignoring pretty much all of them. Several GOP Senators were have been chatting with each other during the proceedings, for example, though I suppose that makes sense since they're not there to get information anyway given that their vote is already locked in.
    Yeah, Josh Hawley, or whatever his name is, was doing a Fox News interview, while the senate was in session yesterday. Which is EXPLICITLY against their agreed upon rules. I can understand if Graham was going to the bathroom, but it was convenient he left when he was going to be a star attraction in a hypocritical video he did in 1999.

So if i was on trial, and my lawyer had documents that only proved my complete and total exoneration, its best if i actually do everything to withhold that evidence that exonerates mefrom the jury instead of showing it? Thats basically what republicans are saying with trump withholding documents, and half the country buys it. Just show the documents if theres nothing there, and youll make us look like fools in the process! whats the downside.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    If left unchecked, Republicans would "focus on the country" in much the same way they would focus on an unprotected underage schoolgirl.
    so now all republicans are pedophiles?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

How? McConnell just blocks votes on fucking everything the House sends to him.

Like you really care. McConnell is sitting on ove 400 Bill's and claims the Dems do nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    so now all republicans are pedophiles?
    hey, you said it
    though they have shown they are more than willing in masse to go to bat for one (Dennis Hastert)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    How? McConnell just blocks votes on fucking everything the House sends to him.
    Or he lets Trump continue pushing tariffs on countries unilaterally, with no reason, other than they hurt his snowflake feelings. Which in turn costs the US people more money.

I just got home not long ago and missed the Senate stuff. Can anyone get me a rundown on it?
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

I don’t really have a problem with fidget spinners they help with anxiety and stress. Basically a stress ball.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I don’t really have a problem with fidget spinners they help with anxiety and stress. Basically a stress ball.
    You also don't have a problem with Trump committing crimes, so excuse us if we find that your bar for what is acceptable is low.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    You also don't have a problem with Trump committing crimes, so excuse us if we find that your bar for what is acceptable is low.
    Picking a fight about fidget spinners. You go girl!