Damn it, I find the coverage of the Senate just as they end it for the day.....

Anything worth mentioning about it other than Senators walking out, food and fidget spinners?
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Damn it, I find the coverage of the Senate just as they end it for the day.....

Anything worth mentioning about it other than Senators walking out, food and fidget spinners?
    Sure, Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee was also reading a book and Tweeting during the whole thing.

One thing of interest to note, however, is that several "at risk" GOP Senators aren't helping their approval ratings any:
    https://twitter.com/Politidope/statu...644089857?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Sure, Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee was also reading a book and Tweeting during the whole thing.

One thing of interest to note, however, is that several "at risk" GOP Senators aren't helping their approval ratings any:
    https://twitter.com/Politidope/statu...644089857?s=20
    Ah, so pretty much the Democrats told us all the stuff we learned in the house while the rest just dicked around. I expect the republicans to be eyeball deep in lies and conspiracy theories when it is their turn.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Ah, so pretty much the Democrats told us all the stuff we learned in the house while the rest just dicked around. I expect the republicans to be eyeball deep in lies and conspiracy theories when it is their turn.
    They didn't wait. The defense lawyers were lying up a storm yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    They didn't wait. The defense lawyers were lying up a storm yesterday.
    Oh yeah, I saw that. Was actually shooting people down on facebook during it on the chat thing beside. I missed the entire thing today though. Had to get up at about 7am this morning and didn't get home till about 8:45 or so. Missed it all today.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51231047

Cool, so both parties Senators, though seemingly many more Republicans, are acting like bored schoolkids.

This. Is. Your. Fucking. Job.

If I acted like this during an event for work that was even remotely as significant and important as an Impeachment trial, I'd be instantly fired for unprofessionalism.

This is unacceptable, and all Senators sleeping, doddling, making paper airplanes, repeatedly leaving to check Twitter, and playing with fidget spinners need to receive a school kids punishment for their behavior - detention where they're forced to remain in the chamber even longer.
    This is legitimately some of the most disgusting shit I've heard about our elected officials in years.

What is the point of all this - A 233 year old Constitution with 27 Amendments, a vast government that directly employs millions of people and indirectly employs tens of millions of people, the worlds most powerful military, a $4 trillion a year budget, the entire Capitol Complex, and most importantly of all, our supposedly cherished democratic principles, if the people we elect to do a job can't actually stand doing their jobs.

It should be a solemn affair. Instead, I half expect one of them to unbuckle their belt and put their hand in their pants like some old man on the couch.

I'm reminded of Bane's words from "the Dark Knight Rises... "Peace has cost you your strength... victory has defeated you". These people are able to act like this because the stakes are so low. Because nothing matters in what they do. They're small people - men and women - coasting through on the great achievements of their great predecessors. The Republicans can indulge Trump and even Democrats can not take this seriously enough, because they don't see any risk whatsoever. Because it's a game and nothing matters. In the end, the budget gets signed, federal services continue to 330 million people, the US military defends us, and our neighbors are weak and our enemies are distant and also fairly weak compared to us.

What horrific rot. I never imagined that on this topic of all, they would basically act like they're students in detention, rather than the so-called world's greatest deliberative body.

Most of them will also win-reelection next year.

When I say "Trump is symptomatic, this is exactly what I mean". If Americans had any actual respect for their democratic inheritance - and I honestly don't think they do anymore besides the freedom to fuck who they want and the freedom to own a gun - they would drum out of the Senate every asshole who took this less than completely seriously, regardless of ideology. If Senators don't want to do their constitutional duties, get people who will.

10+ Year Old Account
    The GOP warns itself that calling Bolton will immediately cause Trump to clamp down on executive privilege so hard you'd assume he was sitting on it. This battle would drag out the impeachment trial.

Therefore, this train of thought goes, they shouldn't call Bolton to testify. Just let Trump win and hide evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The GOP warns itself that calling Bolton will immediately cause Trump to clamp down on executive privilege so hard you'd assume he was sitting on it. This battle would drag out the impeachment trial.

Therefore, this train of thought goes, they shouldn't call Bolton to testify. Just let Trump win and hide evidence.
    I still don't get why people think executive privilege means anything. They can still walk up and give evidence and Trump can sit there and bitch and whine like I do.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    hey, you said it
    though they have shown they are more than willing in masse to go to bat for one (Dennis Hastert)
    Not all of them are pedos. It's just for the majority fucking underage boys and girls is NOT a deal breaker.
    Make of that what you will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I can't wait for this to be over, maybe then they can all just focus on the country.
    Bullshit. You should be ashamed for typing that out and having the gall to click ‘Post Quick Reply’.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

'Take her out': Recording appears to capture Trump at private dinner saying he wants Ukraine ambassador fired

Interesting ...

Trump has said repeatedly he does not know Parnas, a Soviet-born American who has emerged as a wild card in Trump’s impeachment trial, especially in the days since Trump was impeached.

"Get rid of her!" is what the voice that appears to be President Trump’s is heard saying. "Get her out tomorrow. I don't care. Get her out tomorrow. Take her out. Okay? Do it."

On the recording, it appears the two Giuliani associates are telling President Trump that the U.S. ambassador has been bad-mouthing him, which leads directly to the apparent remarks by the President. The recording was made by Fruman, according to sources familiar with the tape. The White House did not respond to an ABC News request for comment.

During the conversation, several of the participants can be heard laughing with the president. At another point, the recording appears to capture Trump praising his new choice of secretary of state, saying emphatically: “[Mike] Pompeo is the best.” But the most striking moment comes when Parnas and the president discuss the dismissal of his ambassador to Ukraine.

Parnas appears to say: "The biggest problem there, I think where we need to start is we gotta get rid of the ambassador. She's still left over from the Clinton administration," Parnas can be heard telling Trump. "She's basically walking around telling everybody 'Wait, he's gonna get impeached, just wait," he said. (Yovanovitch actually had served in the State Department since the Reagan administration.)
    So Trump doesn't know Parnas, but was having an intimate dinner with him discussion Ukraine. Sure ...... LOL
    Last edited by solinari6; 2020-01-24 at 04:56 PM.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/reco...ry?id=68506437

'Take her out': Recording appears to capture Trump at private dinner saying he wants Ukraine ambassador fired
    Uhh...

This seems pretty huge.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    It was locker room talk /s

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    ...'Take her out'...
    That’s also mob boss language there... in context we can assume he only meant to remove her, but that usually implies someone gets killed.

10+ Year Old Account

Interesting ...

So Trump doesn't know Parnas, but was having an intimate dinner with him discussion Ukraine. Sure ...... LOL
    Oh lawdy there are tapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Oh lawdy there are tapes.
    Supposively from Parnas' partner Furman. I would assume if he taped that conversation from over a year ago, he probably taped more!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would assume if he taped that conversation from over a year ago, he probably taped more!
    Agreed.

Trump has proven for years he's unreliable, and hinted for years he's criminal. It would make sense for anyone working in that level of risk to grab him by the insurance policy.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...f-hunter-biden

But Graham said he’s going to oppose subpoenas for them because “this needs to end,” referring to the impeachment trial.
    Graham is still giving up the game. He doesn't even want Hunter Biden to be subpoenad, because that would just extend the trial. He wants the trial done with, and then he wants to talk to Hunter Biden.

Because let's be real - their calls for Hunter to testify were always bullshit and had nothing to do with this impeachment case. Ever. It was all just a empty threat to try to get Democrats to try not to call for witnesses.

The dishonesty with which Republicans have engaged in this impeachment case is astounding, and what's more astounding is how brazenly open they are about it. And it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    The biggest problem for Democrats is that this really gets deep in the weeds, it's not something that grips attention like audio tapes or a blue dress, it's allegations filtered through tons of bureaucracy and he said, she said. Democrats need something to cut through that and I don't know if it's there.
    Oh look Dacien, there's tapes now

Interesting ...

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Oh look Dacien, there's tapes now
    Sorry, those don't move the needle enough or bring up the ratings and therefore this should all be ignored.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866