Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    The Senate will be relatively fair imo.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH H-holy shit, you actually believe this. McConnell and Graham have already said they are looking to not be impartial, want this over as fast as possible, are working with the White House, and will already vote in defense of Trump. Not to mention there's already been a threat by Trump that "heads will roll" if you go against him.

But sure, if you ignore all that, live in a different reality where the sky is green and giraffes are made of chocolate, and think Trump is always telling the truth then of course you'd think the Senate would be fair.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    The ppl you are talking about eho do not care for you. They in fact hate and wish harm upon you. You won't get any understanding from them as you being upset is their desire, it's what they all want.
    What is it with right wingers and their detachment to the truth?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Oh yes! to give legitimacy to this sham of an impeachment . So you and a whole slew of left-wingers are desperate trying to convince yourself that trump has committed a crime despite having no evidence what so ever.
    Again, why are you trying to deny the results of the 2018 election by calling the impeachment a sham?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Even Graham doesn't want to call Hunter Biden, because he knows it's a waste of time and has nothing to do with events that took place in the year 2019.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...f-hunter-biden
    Let them believe the Biden's actually matter here, let them waste their time.

10+ Year Old Account
    but why do you call it a crime?
    Well for one thing, because the GAO explicitly declared that Trump committed a crime by doing this.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Of course its not a court of law. if it was every single democrat would be sanctioned by now. but why do you call it a crime?

Oh yes! to give legitimacy to this sham of an impeachment . So you and a whole slew of left-wingers are desperate trying to convince yourself that trump has committed a crime despite having no evidence what so ever.
    well at least you got "not a court of law" correct, I suppose that is progress

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Of course its not a court of law. if it was every single democrat would be sanctioned by now. but why do you call it a crime?
    This is what I'm talking about. You need to start at the beginning and understand the process. Statements like this are just so embarrassing for you. Let me give you a little hint: it can be a crime even though the Senate Trial isn't a court of law. Can you tell me why?

Confessing on live television to a crime you're being accused of is proof of a sham? At this point it's unclear whether you know the definition of the words you're using.

My favorite part of the Republican defense is that it's not even internally consistent.

"Ukraine didn't know Trump was withholding the funds. Trump withheld the funds to get Ukraine to investigate corruption!"

That alone makes the entire impeachment a sham . More so then it even is . To this point Trump has committed no crimes .
    Fuckin' what? The whistle blower's name doesn't matter, hell even the whistle blower themself doesn't matter in this, just Trump's crime. You want to see if it is a sham, then Trump needs to prove his innocence, not deflect and try and make others the bad guy.

Since when does being a political rival exempts you from investigation?
    There's a right way and a wrong way to have someone investigated and Trump is being accused of doing it the wrong way. The sooner you shit eating Trumptard human trash get that through your thick fucking skulls the better, that is if you are even intelligent enough to do that.

And I know I'll get infracted for this, maybe even banned, but I don't care anymore.

So Pam Bondi is on Trump's defense team. Says Trump is all about fighting corruption.

Pam Bondi, was the Florida AG, who received a $25k contribution from Trump where she then dropped the case on Trump U.

Classic!
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2020-01-28 at 01:28 AM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    There's a right way and a wrong way to have someone investigated and Trump is being accused of doing it the wrong way. The sooner you shit eating Trumptard human trash get that through your thick fucking skulls the better, that is if you are even intelligent enough to do that.

And I know I'll get infracted for this, maybe even banned, but I don't care anymore.
    Nuance is hard. It's easier when everything is black and white. Or I guess left and right in this case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    So Pam Bondi is on Trump's defense team. Says Trump is all about fighting corruption.

Pam Bondi, was the Florida AG, who received a $125k contribution from Trump where she then dropped the case on Trump U.

Classic!
    It’s amazing how they always accuse others of their own crimes and misdemeanors.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Do you think that the American AG would be welcomed into something that is an internal Ukrainian affair? The AG has no business there
    We have an agreement with the Ukraine for investigations just like most of our allies and since it's an American citizens involved there would have been no problem. Aside from that Trump could have simply informed congress of his concerns and announce a change in policy and asked congress to rescind or put a hold on the aid as the law dictates.

Do you think that the American AG would be welcomed into something that is an internal Ukrainian affair? The AG has no business there
    Yes, actually. Because this isn't a purely Ukraine problem if we believe Trump and Republicans, and this would squarely fall under the purview of the DoJ, who routinely work with foreign governments and organizations as part of their own investigations.

That you think the AG has "no business there" speaks more to your lack of knowledge about the role of the AG and the DoJ than it does about reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Nuance is hard. It's easier when everything is black and white. Or I guess left and right in this case.
    Tbh, to the most adherent Trump defenders, there is pretty much no difference there. Only "right" and wrong.

Yep, you guessed it. Another day of lies and untruths from Trump and company: https://apnews.com/4f2eac395c94a7ade29fc6e32c71a872

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Says Trump is all about fighting corruption.
    Again, the second anyone involved can point to a target other than a Biden or Clinton, I will entertain the idea this was about corruption. Until then, it's not even a little believable that the only people that Trump wanted investigated just happened to be people he ran against. Again, "corruption" so thick that even his own party never launched an investigation when they knew it was happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yep, you guessed it. Another day of lies and untruths from Trump and company: https://apnews.com/4f2eac395c94a7ade29fc6e32c71a872
    My favorite is still the "Impeachment undoes the election!" lie as if Clinton is magically going to become president if Trump is removed.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/27/polit...ses/index.html

And according to at least Kelly Loeffler, Republican Senator, any Republican supporting calling witnesses "wants to appease the left.", because surely there would be no other reason to want to hear from first-hand witnesses like Jon Bolton?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    My favorite is still the "Impeachment undoes the election!" lie as if Clinton is magically going to become president if Trump is removed.
    That's the most maddening and pernicious "defense" of theirs. It's both objectively wrong in every way possible, while also being designed specifically to emotionally enrage his base.