Thread: Lfg/lfr?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lfg/lfr?

I know so people are going to flame this but... I just gotta ask. What would be so wrong with the BFA group finding system (ie the one you use to do World Quests and such) as an LFG/LFR tool to have easier sign-ups and raid creation? It would be more of a UI upgrade and less of a spamming world chat issue.

It's artificial.

Plus that's not how the spam looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    I know so people are going to flame this but... I just gotta ask. What would be so wrong with the BFA group finding system (ie the one you use to do World Quests and such) as an LFG/LFR tool to have easier sign-ups and raid creation? It would be more of a UI upgrade and less of a spamming world chat issue.
    It would not be any different, if it had "add a mandatory note" thingy, so you would have to say "frost mage blah blah" while signing up. Literally what you say when you want to get into grp now. And no need to look through all the shitposting in /1. But hey, that is reasonable, it does not go well here

ClassicLFG is pretty much that.

Doesn't make signups much easier, but clears the trash.

Use ClassicLFG addon.

Use ClassicLFG or Puggle, they are awesome.

What's wrong with you and everyone suggesting the addon

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Yeah, what is wrong with people who don't want a chatfull of chuck norris and dicks?

I changed my stance on the addon and even downloaded it.

Ive had many more encounters with other people than i could without the addon.

do you know what the addon does and how it works?

Part of the "fun" of classic is sitting in Ironforge for 45 minutes trying to put a group together just like we did it in the old days. Seems wrong to take that away.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Part of the "fun" of classic is sitting in Ironforge for 45 minutes trying to put a group together just like we did it in the old days. Seems wrong to take that away.
    Well the LFG channel is "world-wide" so that isn't even happening

What's wrong: THE TELEPORT. Nothing but the Teleport. The system itself is not an issue, THE TELEPORT IS IT! Teleporting from everywhere to the instance ruins the experience to get in there. Especially since many dungeon entrace are not easily accessable. I wish we still had this in Vanilla: to get to the dungeon, you need to go with a group, at least at your level. The meeting-stone can be outside before the dangerous zone and then you go in there, do maybe even some quests in the outside world (but not like the mining-quest in deadmines where the respawn takes forever) and then go inside. The dungeon before the dungeon.

All in all: if LFG/LFR was only about putting in groups to go into the dungeon/raid it would be no issue. But it's far too convenient. But if it was just the system without any teleport: WHO CARES. Spamming into chat does not really makes any difference, but the whole thing after does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Well the LFG channel is "world-wide" so that isn't even happening
    At least this. Sadly the LFG-Channel don't get activated on default. Too many people still spams in trade-chat. But in the end: if it was just: hey, we found a group for you and put it together, now do your thing, LFG-system would not be an issue. But the teleporting-stuff makes it too fast, too lazy and too convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    Classic is build around adding people to your friend list and being active in your guild. So using artificial tools to make groups with random people is not necessary. In Classic you are meant to do 90% of group content with people from your friend list or guild. Making PUGs with random people is not the intent of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Use ClassicLFG or Puggle, they are awesome.
    Isn't ClassicLFG against Blizz's rules? thought I read that somewhere or perhaps Im mistaken?

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    Isn't ClassicLFG against Blizz's rules? thought I read that somewhere or perhaps Im mistaken?
    No it's not, it's just more restricted (no auto-groupings...etc)

Classic is exactly the way it's supposed to be. It's social in the good way AND in the bad way.

You don't have to sit in a city to find a group. Most servers have private /world chats plus the regular /lookingforgroup channel.

If you don't want to put up with people, Classic is not the game for you.

If you really sit 45 minuets spaming chat to create group you are clearly doing something wrong.

Not going to lie, if waiting 45 minutes for a healer or a tank to join your group is fun rather than queueing as 3 friends to join a dungeon is not fun then im confused. How is it fun being AFK in a game lol. People who say this i doubt even play the game or have any issues finding groups because they are either playing with 5 plus friends or in a guild with 100 plus players.

I like Classic its a great game but i can't wait 45 minutes for a healer to respond to /4 or /1 to do a dungeon with me and my 4 friends and questing is also not good as 2 or more people but thats not the argument to have in this thread. If they added the LFG or even LFD tool to Classic it would not hurt "communities" as the communities are still there but if you just want to play with a few friends and needed 1 more person than using such tool is benefitial and keeps you playing.

We all know when Classic was released that for the first month or so people would be buzzing for the game, but its over the next couple of months we shall see how many stick around and how many dropped off with the data we can have access too.

I am intrigued to hear the Q3 trade call from Blizzard though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Classic is exactly the way it's supposed to be. It's social in the good way AND in the bad way.

You don't have to sit in a city to find a group. Most servers have private /world chats plus the regular /lookingforgroup channel.

If you don't want to put up with people, Classic is not the game for you.
    Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.