Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Having watched an uncompressed version of the video, I see what people are seeing now - was literally 'blink and you miss it'. I initially thought that people were saying the shot of him before he heads up the stairs was Arthas (that's the shot the link shortcuts to) and I sat here like... how the hell does anyone think that is Arthas.

If you look at the hair when he's going up the stairs, it is Anduin's hair. Arthas' is slick and all one length where as Anduin has... bangs/layers? that are still visible as he goes up the stairs. But for some reason he is missing the brown cloak that he has before heading up, and is still wearing at the top.

That's definitely a production error. Its like they switched to the standard version of his model, then switched back to the cloak at the top. I'm honestly surprised that got past Terran Gregory & crew.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post
    That was definitely Arthas going up those steps in that moment. I watched the clip a few times; Anduin wears a brown cloak and hood, Arthas wears a blue cape and is much bulkier.

Now the question is: what could it be alluding to? We already had the parallel with Anduin entering Lordaeron the same way Arthas down to the exact same frame. Maybe those few seconds are referencing Arthas climbing the Frozen Throne, like the second cinematic with Saurfang and Sylvanas referenced Angrathar?
    Well at least it wasn't a starbucks cup

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    This thread kinda reminds me of people who saw Jesus on pizza.

Don't be like those people.
    Everyone knows Jesus only reveals himself on corn chips.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    A commenter on youtube spotted something weird , at 0:18 when Anduin is to walk up the stairs they instead show Arthas model . How could this even slip past production?

https://youtu.be/XJIuP3UR6C4?t=19

I mean , we all noticed that at blizzard they have Arthas in mind constantly with all the references they have been placing here and there , but this is just too weird
    I think that is more selective thing. I see Anduin's model. There is various impressions of light and animation but I see Anduin's model.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Well at least it wasn't a starbucks cup
    Can't lie, I laughed. lol
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Damn dude, am I the only one who thinks Valeera looks SMOKIN HOT in the cinematic??

How could this even slip past production?
    If that is Arthas's model, it wasn't a slip. It's such a short, obscured angle scene that they could have used Arthas's model to save on time and money when animating it since they already had those assets and probably used it as a placeholder when first animating it until Anduins model was ready and then realized it didn't matter for that specific scene.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well idk if its me but..... you can see the hammer in the left hand and yeah.... just put the video on 0.25. Its not Anduin its Arthas model. Or maybe blizzard did it, because you know the entire scene its a WC3 reference...... the horde banner, the storm, the remnants of the past// the chains of the past, yara yara.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnome Pirate View Post
    Be the pizza.
    Be the leaf

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if it's Arthas' model but there is definitely something glowing behind his backside on the left side of his body as he walks up the stairs that isn't there prior to or after ascending the stairs.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

You can see his signature cuff bands.

Quote Originally Posted by BillTheButcher View Post
    Uh, what? How the fuck can anybody make out what the model looks like? I've rewatched that clip at the time the link starts it at multiple times now and I can't fathom how anybody could take that as Arthas instead of Anduin.

Now, perhaps it's from the flashes of lightning playing tricks on your eyes but even that as an explanation is a stretch.
    The thing is they've been doing this a lot over the course of the expansion, it's either an eye tease of "what could have been" for Arthas or it's a "this is his path" for Anduin. It's like when he was walking down to confront Sylvanas in the Battle for Lordaeron. They're doing a lot of Arthas eye candy for viewers with CGI this expansion. I wouldn't be too surprised if they try to pull off "the ghost of Arthas is enhancing Anduin's Holy Power" with some kind of "I got you back Sylvanas" garbage.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2019-09-25 at 08:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Just slow it down and you easily see its Anduin, its the same colored cloak with same pattern as Anduin has when jumping of the Horse and at the top of the tower, it just start to glow a little blueish when he walks through the moon light.

10+ Year Old Account
    A commenter on youtube spotted something weird , at 0:18 when Anduin is to walk up the stairs they instead show Arthas model . How could this even slip past production?

https://youtu.be/XJIuP3UR6C4?t=19

I mean , we all noticed that at blizzard they have Arthas in mind constantly with all the references they have been placing here and there , but this is just too weird
    They have had allusions to Arthas several times when it comes to Anduin. Like when the Alliance walk into UC during the attack Anduin mirrors Arthas' moves from Warcraft 3.

Just so it's more clear:

https://puu.sh/ElkdJ/17eb084b3a.mp4

There's a few seconds before I start framing through, but you can very, very clearly see that this is anduin's model, with his double cuff thing and the little bits of cloth sticking out to the side, particularly at the end it is crystal clear.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They're both human and both a bit stiff in their animations so I suppose they could be reusing some old assets with a new coat of paint. Not that I noticed or have a problem with it myself. Stuff like that happens all the time, while you could mistake the two from each other in bad lighting and in similar clothing, they're really not, nor does Arthas appear in this video.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Just so it's more clear:

https://puu.sh/ElkdJ/17eb084b3a.mp4

There's a few seconds before I start framing through, but you can very, very clearly see that this is anduin's model, with his double cuff thing and the little bits of cloth sticking out to the side, particularly at the end it is crystal clear.

While I do see anduins model, the animation and lighting puts him squarely in a fixation that resembles Arthas in silhouette. It's also a reference to Arthas' ascension of the spire in Icecrown when he becomes the new Lich King. I highly doubt it was simply coincidental in any way.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    While I do see anduins model, the animation and lighting puts him squarely in a fixation that resembles Arthas in silhouette. It's also a reference to Arthas' ascension of the spire in Icecrown when he becomes the new Lich King. I highly doubt it was simply coincidental in any way.
    I'm not saying it isn't a potential reference one way or the other, just that it is very firmly Anduin's model.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see a god damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BillTheButcher View Post
    Uh, what? How the fuck can anybody make out what the model looks like? I've rewatched that clip at the time the link starts it at multiple times now and I can't fathom how anybody could take that as Arthas instead of Anduin.

Now, perhaps it's from the flashes of lightning playing tricks on your eyes but even that as an explanation is a stretch.
    euuuhhh simple hair color change at that moment and he goes from cloaked to blue arthas armor to cloak again....