Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post

What if it isn't her plan ? What if she is being manipulated ? Maybe by someone from valley of 4 winds ?

Nah the Great Old One wouldn't do such a pathetic plan, likely he is moving his pieces in place through the mud and shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    What if it isn't her plan ? What if she is being manipulated ? Maybe by someone from valley of 4 winds ?
    Mudmug loyalists will have to wait until 8.3.5 to know his master plan
    His brew was the first step in the ushering of the void titan
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Mudmug loyalists will have to wait until 8.3.5 to know his master plan
    His brew was the first step in the ushering of the void titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Nah the Great Old One wouldn't do such a pathetic plan, likely he is moving his pieces in place through the mud and shadows
    She is but a single yeast in a wort of fate.

Sylvanas has a severe issue about being called out a failure.
    You call her out on her failings and she just flips her sh*t like a monkey on crack.

Saurfang knew he could not beat an undead banshee spirit thing with a basic axe so he tried to goad her into showing all the horde that she don't give a damn about any of them (goal being to take orgrimmar and unite horde without bloodshed).
    Sylvanas wanted to play with saurfang like a sadistic f*ck but that exactly gave saurfang enough time to hurt her precious feelings and trigger some issues.

She underestimated saurfangs plan (thinking he was literally just going for a duel) and she underestimated saurfang's attack (both verbal and the twin-sword eye slice).
    The verbal humiliation incensed her and the eye slicing certainly did not help calm her down...

Saurfang then baited her with the HORDE IS STRONG yell in her face which with the eye slice caused her to reactively start hating on saurfangs precious horde which she obviously despises and can't pretend any more to care about.

Not only does she flat out say she dont give a fck about horde and considers them useless cannon fodder - but she takes a dump on their culture, tradition and MUH HONOR by saying they are dumb animals and then finishing the "sacred makgora" with what is probably against its rules (shadow magic yamato cannon in makgora probably not legal).

The whole situation reminds me of the old movie with jack nicholson as army general being prosecuted and tom cruse as the army lawyer (YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH quite/meme).
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2019-09-25 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    cut Saurfang's head off after she had him down. His plan would've been completely fucked.

What was his plan to "expose" her anyway?

Thrall: You can't win, she's gonna kick your ass then have her army rain death on us cause they're behind a giant wall and we're just standing here in the open like dumbasses. Also, Baine is a bitch.

Saurfang: I know, but maybe I can trick her into saying something mean about the Horde and they will all abandon her based on that alone.

Thrall: Ah alright gg

Blizzard you have the shittiest writers
    Yeah, but monologuing how great she is is kind of her thing. She could have actually won... anything, if she didn't feel the need to flaunt her percieved superiority.

Quote Originally Posted by Phryx View Post
    We don't know the end of her story.
    Yeah. A Shit story with an interesting end is still a shit story. Hate to break it to you.

If only Sylvanas was as intelligent as her loyalists claim and actually sent her troops to fight she would've gotten all the corpses she wanted.

Alas, she's Sylvanas
    I mean, even she's not smart enough to defeat the bad writers writing her.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    I mean, even she's not smart enough to defeat the bad writers writing her.
    she's not smart enough to avoid being constantly triggered
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

except she was never "trigger happy" before BFA, so it's hardly in character for her.

either they're preparing some insanely elaborate twist with her, or they just dont get her character

7+ Year Old Account
    except she was never "trigger happy" before BFA, so it's hardly in character for her.

either they're preparing some insanely elaborate twist with her, or they just dont get her character
    Except, you know. War Crimes was a thing where she literally went into a killing spree through a forest because Veressa didn't accept living with her

Except, you know. War Crimes was a thing where she literally went into a killing spree through a forest because Veressa didn't accept living with her
    there's a difference between being triggered by feeling utter betrayal from your own sister, and just going into a blind fury every time you hear the word hope though.

let's not compare apples to oranges here.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    cut Saurfang's head off after she had him down. His plan would've been completely fucked.

What was his plan to "expose" her anyway?

Thrall: You can't win, she's gonna kick your ass then have her army rain death on us cause they're behind a giant wall and we're just standing here in the open like dumbasses. Also, Baine is a bitch.

Saurfang: I know, but maybe I can trick her into saying something mean about the Horde and they will all abandon her based on that alone.

Thrall: Ah alright gg

Blizzard you have the shittiest writers
    What if characters were always reasonable? What if they never show any emotions? What if people like you were writters? ...I would be playing WoW, thats for sure.

7+ Year Old Account
    there's a difference between being triggered by feeling utter betrayal from your own sister, and just going into a blind fury every time you hear the word hope though.

let's not compare apples to oranges here.
    You are right. Veressa should've totally abandon her children and let herself get killed by Sylvanas.

You are right. Veressa should've totally abandon her children and let herself get killed by Sylvanas.
    uhm.

where did I say that?
    lol strawman much?

just because vereesa did the right thing doesnt mean sylvanas cant feel betrayed.

do you know how feelings work?

7+ Year Old Account
    what if the writing made sense and Saurfang cleaved her in two with his axe?

or if te writing made sense and they didn't follow her blindly like a second garrosh?

or if the writing made sense and she didn't became warchief in the first place?

He would've lost and died. Then the battle would've played out normally. He knew there was a slim chance of victory. He just felt obligated to take that chance no matter how small it was.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "What if the writing made sense and what I wanted to happen is what actually happened" isn't really the best way to go about criticism, in my opinion. The problems with the conclusion of the War Campaign are patent and can certainly be discussed, but a cavalcade of "what if's" isn't going to avail anyone much of anything. Hindsight is 20/20 and there's a lot that could've and perhaps even should've been done differently - but sometimes things don't shake out the way you plan them, and sometimes people don't react in the ways we expect them to.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Im not sure, but maybe it was supposed to make her relatable aka morally gray ? Probably aimed at golden audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    What if Sylvanas just shut the fuck up instead of spazzing out over a cut.
    Don't think of it as Sylvanas spazzing out. Think of it as Sylvanas quitting a job she no longer needed. She no longer has to spend time and energy pretending to support the Horde's goals. Now that she's finished empowering herself, she's free to do whatever dastardly things she intended to do.

It makes perfect sense for her to tell the horde to fuck off on the way out the door. It was her way of embarrassing Saurfang and then embarrassing the entire Horde.

Or you know, she could have refused the challenge cause Saurfang was actually side by side with the Alliance, the guys who were at war with the Horde last week. But she agrees... to make him suffer. Cause he totally wasn't already.

So whatever, stuff happens and now that Sylvanas hurt their feelings, so what? They forget 15-20 years of fighting each other?

Sorry, but this looked like some crappy ass ending to some stupid forbidden romance fantasy. The Horde always longed for the Alliance to ask them out, they were just too proud to understand that. Get the fuck out of here...

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    Don't think of it as Sylvanas spazzing out. Think of it as Sylvanas quitting a job she no longer needed. She no longer has to spend time and energy pretending to support the Horde's goals. Now that she's finished empowering herself, she's free to do whatever dastardly things she intended to do.

It makes perfect sense for her to tell the horde to fuck off on the way out the door. It was her way of embarrassing Saurfang and then embarrassing the entire Horde.
    I'd be amenable to that reading if Sylvanas did not actually still have something to get out of it and if the Horde were shown inconveniencing her. But this is not the case. She was with a decisive lead over all her enemies. All she needed to do was kill Saurfang with her daggers, then order the battle to commence, the resulting killing would fit with what she says later about how the corpses that litter the streets will also serve 'Death'.

The steelman I'd put forth if I had any faith in this narrative would be that she noped out deliberately so that the resulting forces could win against N'zoth.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.