World of Soap Operas

I love WoW's lore. I appreciate lots of it. Even the stuff that makes your head hurt like WoD did. I even forgive a lot of the retcons and dumb moments, like at the end of WoD. I could even forgive the stupid fucking undead Nightelves that were an afterthought for the Darkshore scenario.

But this whole expansion has been a major letdown. I'm a forgiving person when it comes to the lore as I said above. I don't mind a lot of the plot points everyone has been shitting on for the passed few months.

But what's been upsetting me this time around is how the story has devolved into a soap opera left on that sweet "eternal cliffhanger" mode. Yunno, when a soap opera clings onto a cliffhanger and refuses to reveal anything about it, even episode after episode later?

There has been no story so far. We don't know anything about Sylvanas's goals yet. We know now the same we knew going into this expansion. Nothing has progressed besides her revealing some Voldemort shit and ditching her role as Warchief.

Saurfang flopped about the whole expansion. He finally got to commit Orc seppuku, something we all expected was coming since the pre event of BFA. Okay. A death happened. Still doesn't advance the plot forward..

Azshara appeared, and opened up Nazjatar's backyard to us. (Don't get me started on the bullshit that was "Nazjatar". The real Nazjatar was the raid entrance. Pathetic) She did nothing but twirl her moustache and acted like a fish version of Sylvanas. Then she released N'zoth in a very anticlimactic manner.

Uh, some side shit with the Zandalari happened I guess. Their anger towards the Alliance doesn't get resolved though.

A fake Old God erupted from a wall anus then got immediately spanked? Okay.

All this compared to Legion just.. Doesn't cut it. Nothing has advanced. Nothing has been elaborated on. Everything inbetween just can't be mentioned because it's more fluff, makeup, and just plain irrelevant to anything.

So from all this we can gather that a fake Old God got clapped, Rastakhan got clapped, N'zoth got released, and Sylvanas ditched her role of Warchief. No conclusions except for Uldir. Everything else is just unresolved or just another cliffhanger for us to buy the next expansion to find out more.

TL;DR: BFA's story is a sloppy, wet, limp noodle because most of the plot is unresolved and left on a cliffhanger that most likely won't ever be solved until the next expansion. Sylvanas and N'zoth/Azshara for example. Where tf they go. Wtf they do. Why tf does Sylvanas do what she does. Why tf did Azshara suck so much ass. What's going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stay tuned for another episode of Tales of Azeroth