Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Estravolt View Post
    And that's somehow worse than someone trying to sell them to her master as flesh and souls?
    Whether it's better or worse is immaterial to the point that it's now a faction of Alliance's servants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Whether it's better or worse is immaterial to the point that it's now a faction of Alliance's servants.
    Fuck them for wanting to stay alive, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Yeah, I've thought about the Bwon thing as well and was referencing that part about how she equates Death with herself. It'd be my preferred reading of it, simply because it maintains Sylvanas as someone out for herself above all, rather than being anyone's lackey. It also gels with some of the other phrasing used. Like how N'zoth says that the Light has made a bargain with the enemy of all or Alleria's whispers telling her the same. In that case it's also referring to the entire cosmic force of the Light, the Void, Death etc. not to a specific entity and the same might apply here.
    To be honest, I have no idea how the Light comes into play here. No matter the variant of possible Sylvanas outcomes.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear if you guys continue like this Blizzard is gonna make another full length cgi about saurfang. "Man these guys still don't hate sylvannas!!!!"

"Introducing Netflix season about saurfang and the alliance!"

That'll show them!
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Fuck them for wanting to stay alive, eh?
    Which part of that being immaterial to the point did you not get? And last time I checked they became Alliance's sycophants long before Sylvanas lost her shit in 8.2.5.

Which part of that being immaterial to the point did you not get? And last time I checked they became Alliance's sycophants long before Sylvanas lost her shit in 8.2.5.
    Sylvanas lost her shit way before 8.2.5

To be honest, I have no idea how the Light comes into play here. No matter the variant of possible Sylvanas outcomes.
    I still think it's Calia, but that it also doesn't mean anything just like how the whisper about Anduin was irrelevant. The Light making a deal with the enemy of all is just how the Void - a fundamentally selfish force, interprets there being a Lightforged Undead, i.e that it's a play for power vs the other domains. In reality, Calia is just that perfect, ditto with Anduin's lies being harmless because he's the wellspring of all goodness.

@Minikin

Hey, at this point she's established as a proper villain vs all factions and has fucked off, so they can start characterizing her again now that they don't need her to serve as a blunt instrument to push other people's stories.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Sylvanas lost her shit way before 8.2.5
    Not in the way where "simply wanting to stay alive" was a factor to the people that bailed out on the Horde to become Anduin's manservants. Then again you not following basic context of what's being seems deliberate by this point.

I still think it's Calia, but that it also doesn't mean she's bad. The Light making a deal with the enemy of all is just how the Void - a fundamentally selfish force, interprets there being a Lightforged Undead, i.e that it's a play for power vs the other domains. In reality, Calia is just that lovable.
    Ah, OK, so in a way that doesn't actually have much to do with Sylvanas personally. Yeah, I guess I could buy that.

Not in the way where "simply wanting to stay alive" was a factor to the people that bailed out on the Horde to become Anduin's manservants. Then again you not following basic context of what's being seems deliberate by this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, OK, so in a way that doesn't actually have much to do with Sylvanas personally. Yeah, I guess I could buy that.
    Can't hear you over "grr saulfangh, hat saulfang"

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    I swear if you guys continue like this Blizzard is gonna make another full length cgi about saurfang. "Man these guys still don't hate sylvannas!!!!"

"Introducing Netflix season about saurfang and the alliance!"

That'll show them!
    What will it be called? Old Corpse? Either way, works fine for me. Let Blizzard waste some more money on that twerp.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think it's Calia, but that it also doesn't mean anything just like how the whisper about Anduin was irrelevant. The Light making a deal with the enemy of all is just how the Void - a fundamentally selfish force, interprets there being a Lightforged Undead, i.e that it's a play for power vs the other domains. In reality, Calia is just that perfect, ditto with Anduin's lies being harmless because he's the wellspring of all goodness.

@Minikin

Hey, at this point she's established as a proper villain vs all factions and has fucked off, so they can start characterizing her again now that they don't need her to serve as a blunt instrument to push other people's stories.
    I just expected more of a tidal wave of tears and screaming ......(so I'm low key trying to poke it into happening).

Or perhaps people are just worn out and want it all to be over lol.

Edit: also did you see the thighs they put on Calia?! That's how we take down Nzoth, Calia...straddles...wait....

- - - Updated - - -

What will it be called? Old Corpse? Either way, works fine for me. Let Blizzard waste some more money on that twerp.
    "Saurfang land: The walking dead"

Confirmed 3 seasons.
    Last edited by Minikin; 2019-09-26 at 10:10 PM.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Edit: also did you see the thighs they put on Calia?! That's how we take down Nzoth, Calia...straddles...wait....
    Was looking a bit higher up myself.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Possible it's an entity, and it's possible Sylvanas is simply looking out for and enriching #1, as it were - directly feeding on Death as a power source to empower herself directly.
    But how would she be able to do that? There's no indication of her doing anything to obtain that kind of power. So either it happened off screen and will be revealed later on as a big surprise (which is questionable storytelling) or there's a higher-up whom whe don't know who gifted her this power which is the same thing basically.
    Assuming she was using necromantic magic (which is pretty likely IMO) then it's just really weird considering there's no mention of any Death aligned entity who'd be able to give someone this kind of power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    But how would she be able to do that? There's no indication of her doing anything to obtain that kind of power. So either it happened off screen and will be revealed later on as a big surprise (which is questionable storytelling) or there's a higher-up whom whe don't know who gifted her this power which is the same thing basically.
    Assuming she was using necromantic magic (which is pretty likely IMO) then it's just really weird considering there's no mention of any Death aligned entity who'd be able to give someone this kind of power.
    Either outcome would be something that has been largely "happening off-screen," as it were. Sylvanas' allegiance with some Death-related entity or her evolution as a demigoddess-like force would both be revealed information, scarcely hinted at either way you shake it. That's not really questionable storytelling in my view, especially if her aim has been to amass power in secret - given that all of Azeroth would immediately turn on her if she revealed herself as Lich Queen v2.0 or some such. Makes sense she would hide both developments from view, and both have been foreshadowed to roughly the same degrees, in my opinion.

I, too, think she was definitely using necromancy in her duel with Saurfang - and as has been noted in-game, her personal power has been growing by leaps and bounds for reasons unknown.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Either outcome would be something that has been largely "happening off-screen," as it were. Sylvanas' allegiance with some Death-related entity or her evolution as a demigoddess-like force would both be revealed information, scarcely hinted at either way you shake it. That's not really questionable storytelling in my view, especially if her aim has been to amass power in secret - given that all of Azeroth would immediately turn on her if she revealed herself as Lich Queen v2.0 or some such. Makes sense she would hide both developments from view, and both have been foreshadowed to roughly the same degrees, in my opinion.

I, too, think she was definitely using necromancy in her duel with Saurfang - and as has been noted in-game, her personal power has been growing by leaps and bounds for reasons unknown.
    I disagree. Having no information because she's somehow really sneaky while simultaneously acting as Warchief is not only a stretch but also Blizzard could still have planted some hints that don't get caught by the lore characters but are visible from a player perspective. Just having huge increases in power (which are usually at the end of some other narrative (e.g. Arthas grabbing Frostmourne or becoming the LK)) with no explanation just for the sake of having a mystery box is pretty cheap and ultimately just not interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    We've basically gotten a variation of the Fable 3 story... so we get to wait for the reveal of the big bad thing that's going to destroy us all while Sylvanas and Nathanos dip off to continue their planning.

edit:

for those that didn't touch fable 3. the story pits you against an 'evil' ruler who seems to be a jerk in every way but it turned out they were trying to forcibly ready the nation for an inevitable war with forces beyond mortal ken and unless you cheat or do some serious gaming... you'll turn into the same ruler you replaced getting the nation ready to take on said forces beyond mortal ken. Basically you lie and backstab you way to filling your treasury to afford the forces needed to not lose the nation or you give everyone what they want and wind up losing most the people in the process.... but through the power of real estates and save glitching you basically ignore all of that.
    And Fable 3 sucked. So I can't say this story is much better if that's what they're going for.

Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    i mean personally i'm down for whatever the banshee queen has planned. not like death is anything to be afraid of.. if you are useful enough in death
    Except it's been shown in-universe that becoming undead and THEN dying sentences you to a black, empty nothingness of an afterlife. Which is what Sylvanas has been trying to avoid for the past 5 expansions.

I have two options.

A) Follow Horde and forget about Sylvanas. Smiling at Alliance friends and nods when our mighty Thrall or Baine spoke.

B) BURN IT

B ist richtig

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I disagree. Having no information because she's somehow really sneaky while simultaneously acting as Warchief is not only a stretch but also Blizzard could still have planted some hints that don't get caught by the lore characters but are visible from a player perspective. Just having huge increases in power (which are usually at the end of some other narrative (e.g. Arthas grabbing Frostmourne or becoming the LK)) with no explanation just for the sake of having a mystery box is pretty cheap and ultimately just not interesting.
    That's a largely a subjective opinion on your part and YMMV as to whether it's a kind of story you like or not. My idea is just a theory at the current point, as I'm equally unsure of what exactly is going on with Sylvanas. Increases of power in medias res is a bit of a fantasy staple, usually explained at a suitable point with a flashback or retrospective montage to show how such a character got from A to B.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Except it's been shown in-universe that becoming undead and THEN dying sentences you to a black, empty nothingness of an afterlife. Which is what Sylvanas has been trying to avoid for the past 5 expansions.
    Uuna went to the same kind of shithole as Sylvanas without being an undead prior to her death.