Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    wow that is crazy.
    why do they have to fight so many for their way to mc?
    do people camp and follow them due to their fame?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    What we lost the most is the massive fps drop you got when you fought 40 vs 40 back 15 years ago
    Yeah now it's just massive delay lag where abilities take 5 seconds to go off. Funny how PC tech got better but server tech got worse every xpac..

You can even see this in classic, sad lol. Its due to phasing/sharding whatever cancer they use.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2019-09-26 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Yeah now it's just massive delay lag where abilities take 5 seconds to go off. Funny how PC tech got better but server tech got worse every xpac..
    That is true in some cases, which is really weird, and I got examples. I play Horde on Draenor EU, and in the horde zones I got no input lag or delay if you like. And, I play Alliance on a medium server and a lot less players, even with sharding(we even shard with Draenor) and quit often I end up with delay as Alliance in the Kul Tiras zones. I dont get why I should lagg more in zones with less players in, but don't lagg at all in zones with a lot of players.

Dungeon and normally though, we did lose the fps and connection issues through the years. Now in classic and with better computers, hell of a difference from vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is true in some cases, which is really weird, and I got examples. I play Horde on Draenor EU, and in the horde zones I got no input lag or delay if you like. And, I play Alliance on a medium server and a lot less players, even with sharding(we even shard with Draenor) and quit often I end up with delay as Alliance in the Kul Tiras zones. I dont get why I should lagg more in zones with less players in, but don't lagg at all in zones with a lot of players.

Dungeon and normally though, we did lose the fps and connection issues through the years. Now in classic and with better computers, hell of a difference from vanilla.
    Instances seem to be mostly free from the lag, except for big Bgs like tarren mill vs southshare is an unplayable mess even in a controlled environment they don't have the server power to be lag free. But there is no doubt massive delay in many open world areas that simply shouldn't exist and I'm not even talking during zerg pvp battles just regular gameplay.

All the way up I believe Cataclysm I couldn't remember ever having this bad of delay during big battles , it started after that xpac when they really started using phasing/sharding whatever bullshit and now its regular to have it in zones for 0 reason at all just questing.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    So join a guild. Co-ordinate. Do stuff together. It's fun in either game. What it's not is specific to Classic.
    The video posted is extremely specific to classic. You would never find any large scale guild world pvp like that in retail.

Then you can of course argue if it is fun or not. I personally dont find PvP like that fun since it is just a lagfest.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Cannot express how happy this video from APES makes me feel.
    This is what WoW has lost through its expansions.

The coordination by APES is just absolutely outstanding.
    Thank goodness it lost this

There are so many sick on the fly plays in that video. Literally 200 IQ. I doubt most people in this thread have even the slightest clue what's actually going on.
    Last edited by Whiskra; 2019-09-27 at 06:48 AM.

I got that classic experience, after getting saved to molten core and killing upto sulfuron, coming out of the raid and sitting in orgrimmar realising that was likely the only thing thats going to really matter for the next 6 months. seeing the entirety of the games entertainment value fall on a single day in the week. I finally remembered why the game was a snooze fest, hell I don't mind it so much but that experience of sitting in town knowing that nothing interesting is going to happen for a week really was that experience that I'd forgotten. that whole empty feeling as the game falls away into single days of raiding and you log in 5-6 times a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Instances seem to be mostly free from the lag, except for big Bgs like tarren mill vs southshare is an unplayable mess even in a controlled environment they don't have the server power to be lag free. But there is no doubt massive delay in many open world areas that simply shouldn't exist and I'm not even talking during zerg pvp battles just regular gameplay.

All the way up I believe Cataclysm I couldn't remember ever having this bad of delay during big battles , it started after that xpac when they really started using phasing/sharding whatever bullshit and now its regular to have it in zones for 0 reason at all just questing.
    Yeah, probably a sharding issue. I didnt have this in Legion though, much more in BfA. But very likely sharding is messing something up. I would guess Draenor EU shard less with other servers since there are so many players there, and then gets to shard less especially in PvE mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    Not as epic though. They garner no attention because they are lame.
    lol 40 people running into blackrock mountain 15 years late is impressive now? lmao

Not as epic though. They garner no attention because they are lame.
    80 people from a guild group vs trade chat pugs is the definition of epic though!!

It’s pretty much the opposite for me. My alli toons get almost no input lag in any zone not including the very rare instance when horde is winning the battle for naz. While my horde toons have terrible lag in any KT zone and 1/3 of the horde zones, with especially bad input lag in naz every other day while alliance is raid camping the horde entrance to naz

Quote Originally Posted by JstAGySyngWhtHThnks View Post
    wow that is crazy.
    why do they have to fight so many for their way to mc?
    do people camp and follow them due to their fame?
    This happens every single day in Gehennas. The guilds that are not raiding usually block the other guilds that are

What we lost the most is the massive fps drop you got when you fought 40 vs 40 back 15 years ago
    Are you kidding? Have you tried doing the Tarren mill vs southshore battleground? 1 FPS constantly even if i turn graphics down to 1.

idk, since warmode I have had quite a few hours long skirmishes raid vs raid. I have had similar fights in Legion, similar fights in MoP for the world bosses. Also we gained BGs, which, I think is better than 3mins of pvp and 10min corpse run.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    80 people from a guild group vs trade chat pugs is the definition of epic though!!
    That happened in retail? Link to video? The general consensus seems to be that retail has NO freaking open world PvP, because, well....flying mounts. There is no threat or danger if you can just happily fly away on a flying mount.

That happened in retail? Link to video? The general consensus seems to be that retail has NO freaking open world PvP, because, well....flying mounts. There is no threat or danger if you can just happily fly away on a flying mount.
    Battle for Nazjatar is a huge scale open world PVP battle.
    However its always 1 sided because people keep jumping server shards until they find one where they are winning.

I was in one once that lasted 40 minutes and was down to the wire, that was fun. But it isn't easily repeatable.

Aside from that, early in every raid tier there are big battles outside of the new raid instance portal.

i dunno who came up with that general consensus but there's always wpvp

and you can shoot people off of flying mounts

wpvp was never a good way to farm honor unless you can organize massive cluster fucks like this on a semi frequent basis. as soon as the bgs came in, that was the best way to farm honor as you simply encounter more ppl on average. typically wpvp is 1v1 2v1 or 5+v1. not super compelling if you're the 1.

a lot of this is hiding the fact that these ppl have absolutely nothing better to do. other than pvp in the game while it currently doesn't track or reward pvp in any measurable way. I'm sure i looked for the pvp tab but currently it doesn't exist or i'm just blind. either the pvp is just amazing, or ppl simply find things to do when there is nothing to do.

it would be extremely difficult to convince that many ppl to have a wpvp mosh in brs, in retail while there are 100s of things you can do that are better worth your time. you have ppl spread out over years of content in various expansions some levelling alts, some levelling their first char, some ppl going back to do something they missed. then all the ppl grinding progress in the current end game. try to convince ppl to stop what they are doing and spend time doing something that is likely not as rewarding as what they are currently doing... maybe if you're extremely charismatic or offer some sort of incentive.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-09-26 at 08:55 PM.

Coordination LOL. I didn't really watched the world first raid like many others: simply because as said above: it's lame. The world first race to Azshara was MUCH MORE INTERESTING than this, sorry, but no. Vanilla is good in many extends, but really, watching world first isn't one of them. I rather watch someone not-so-skilled like Asmongold to defeat Ragnaros than some world first-crap on vanilla-servers, simply because they are as said so bad that they first: layer-abused the heck out of it and second only managed to defeat the easiest dungeon ever existed: MC.

Sorry, but LFR nowadays is harder than MC. The thing that makes MC seem hard are trash and lava-packs that can oneshot people, period. Without oneshot-mechanics, MC would be boring as hell, and you really can't do anything against them. That's the opposite of fun.

No, Retail has lost a LOT of things: But no one WITHOUT PINK-COLORED GLASSES can say that raids were bad in this expansion: While Azshara's palace is by far not the best raid, it's by far more interresting to play there, and the fights are also much much better. And compared to the previous raid, you can't even come close to it. BfA has many weaknesses, raids aren't one of them.