Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
LastLast
  1. #101
    The Patient Locknrollen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Swe Enköping
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    Lockpicking is available to engineers and blacksmiths as well, if you ask them to share the chest you should also ask any other profession to share their node
    you don't do that tho

    so can we please stop these stupid double standards already? if you agree to roll on all nodes that go ahead, but if you don't roll on them you also don't roll on the chest, its that simple
    Youre just avoiding the argument weve made several times. And instead you just keep shouting your own already countered argument.

    If you cant have a simple discussion, why are you on this forum? Please grow up
    Former highend raider. Now highend moron, and Classic casual

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Locknrollen View Post
    Youre just avoiding the argument weve made several times. And instead you just keep shouting your own already countered argument.

    If you cant have a simple discussion, why are you on this forum? Please grow up
    countered how exactly?

    the opposite view is based on double standards which are wrong

    while lockpicking as a skill is exclusive to rogues as an ability it is not and is shared with a profession - engineering and blacksmith.
    it is irrelevant if rogue lockpicking is not a profession because everyone treats it the same as engineering and blacksmith keys


    so if you agree to not share profession loot/nodes (and this is the option picked by majority) you agree to not sharing chests
    if you want to share a chest you are also sharing herbs, skins and metal deposits

    both ways are fine as long as you stick with it for the entire run without creating arbitrary double standards
    Last edited by Finear; 2019-09-30 at 02:31 PM.

  3. #103
    The Patient Locknrollen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Swe Enköping
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    countered how exactly?

    the opposite view is based on double standards which are wrong

    while lockpicking as a skill is exclusive to rogues as an ability it is not and is shared with a profession - engineering and blacksmith.
    it is irrelevant if rogue lockpicking is not a profession because everyone treats it the same as engineering and blacksmith keys


    so if you agree to not share profession loot/nodes you agree to not sharing chests
    if you want to share a chest you are also sharing herbs, skins and metal deposits

    both ways are fine as long as you stick with it for the entire run without creating arbitrary double standards
    Youre still avoiding arguments thats been made all along. You cannot expect me to discuss this if you refuse to adress what i write.

    Ofcourse you roll for the chest if engineers and blacksmiths open them.

    And for example if you are in a raid or dungeon more valuable skins/ores/herbs are usually rolled for. The prestine hide of the beast was always rolled for back in the day, and hopefully is today aswell.
    Former highend raider. Now highend moron, and Classic casual

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Locknrollen View Post
    Youre still avoiding arguments thats been made all along. You cannot expect me to discuss this if you refuse to adress what i write.

    Ofcourse you roll for the chest if engineers and blacksmiths open them.

    And for example if you are in a raid or dungeon more valuable skins/ores/herbs are usually rolled for. The prestine hide of the beast was always rolled for back in the day, and hopefully is today aswell.
    there are no other arguments to be made, you either threat professions equally or you don't
    this should end the discussion


    Ofcourse you roll for the chest if engineers and blacksmiths open them.
    so what happened with the argument that mining or herb is harder/more expensive to level up then lockpicking? hence you don't roll on herbs but roll on lockpicked chests
    bs and engi both are much more expensive and keys cost mats/money yet you treat it like its "free" lockpicking

    again just arbitrary double standards, decide on one thing and stick it with without being a hypocrite
    Last edited by Finear; 2019-09-30 at 02:46 PM.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    I mean, if the rogue wasn't there you wouldn't get the chests at all so I'd say its fair to let them have first pick of the contents.
    Blacksmiths can open them, any time I run with my buddy when we see locked chests and there is no rogue we don't tell anyone and open them up once everyone leaves the party. A locked chest belongs to whoever can/wants to open it for the group, you can easily lie about it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Locknrollen View Post
    Youre still avoiding arguments thats been made all along. You cannot expect me to discuss this if you refuse to adress what i write.

    Ofcourse you roll for the chest if engineers and blacksmiths open them.

    And for example if you are in a raid or dungeon more valuable skins/ores/herbs are usually rolled for. The prestine hide of the beast was always rolled for back in the day, and hopefully is today aswell.
    Like I said, you don't have to open shit because you have the ability to, no one has the right to make a BS or Engineer open a chest if they don't want to for the group, you also do not have to tell people what your professions are if you don't want to.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - Smoke weed every day!

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    probably way faster than someone who's next upgrade is from MC

    this is basically the "hunter weapon" equivalent for healers, just because you can use it, doesnt mean you should.

    the only reason it is an upgrade for you, is because you're already wearing suboptimal gear
    that's your responsibility, not the dps's

    dps loot is for dps
    heal loot is for healers

    any green "of healing" item has more healing on it than any prebis caster dmg items.
    so yeah, it's you being an ass.
    That ship has sailed, frost mage. You guys had no problem rolling on all the +spirit cloth while leveling, I have no problem rolling on the spell damage stuff. Go AOE something.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Lockpicking isn't a profession, it's part of our class.
    LOL, lockpicking a profession xD sorry that actually made me laugh. No offense bois.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    What? If it is +healing/damage, then it still has my best stat on it. Your example would be a dps needing on an item that has +healing only, which is clearly them taking something that has stats that aren’t designed for them.

    +damage only, I can see your point, but +healing/damage is fair game for both healers and dps.
    +healing is your best stat

    healing/Damage has half the value as +healing so it is not, by any means of the word your best stat.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    That ship has sailed, frost mage. You guys had no problem rolling on all the +spirit cloth while leveling, I have no problem rolling on the spell damage stuff. Go AOE something.
    I mean, spirit has value as frostmage.

    and this clearly isnt about leveling, but actual pre raid bis items.

    so maybe stay on topic?

    or are you just mad at other classes when yours is just as fotm?

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    +healing is your best stat

    healing/Damage has half the value as +healing so it is not, by any means of the word your best stat.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I mean, spirit has value as frostmage.

    and this clearly isnt about leveling, but actual pre raid bis items.

    so maybe stay on topic?

    or are you just mad at other classes when yours is just as fotm?
    Is that true? Is there a source for that? Seems counterintuitive, I'm searching can't find anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Is that true? Is there a source for that? Seems counterintuitive, I'm searching can't find anything.
    ???

    which part?

    if you mean that pure +healing is better than dmg/healing

    I mean, just look at the items?

    there is twice as much +healing on a similar level item as there is +dmg/healing

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    I mean, if the rogue wasn't there you wouldn't get the chests at all so I'd say its fair to let them have first pick of the contents.
    If the group wasn't there then the rogue wouldn't be able to pick it. Otherwise we would see rogues just go through dungeons lock picking to get gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    yes, you have to move into spot in which lockboxes spawn and farm them till they are grey, then move into a different spot with higher-level lockboxes (tho if lockpicking spot is level appropriate boxes are usually guarded sometimes by elites or a swarm of mobs )

    this is totally different than fallowing a map from the mining guide for iron spawns and then moving into mithril spawning spot once iron is grey
    eveling skinning is even harder than that, you have to stop for a couple of seconds after killing a mob

    again, it comes to personal time and effort. you cannot universally say which was easier

    but if for a second I agree with your logic I can assume that engineer or bs doesn't have to share locked chest because his profession is harder to level, im right?



    which is exactly how leveling mining or herbalism works

    thank you.
    No matter who opens the chest, the gear should be rolled on. If you keep everything, you're a ninja-looting dick.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    ???

    which part?

    if you mean that pure +healing is better than dmg/healing

    I mean, just look at the items?

    there is twice as much +healing on a similar level item as there is +dmg/healing
    This isn’t something I would realize. I’d just see “damage and healing” and assume I could roll. I’m new to Vanilla and I’m not a player who does a ton of research, so it’s not exactly obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    This isn’t something I would realize. I’d just see “damage and healing” and assume I could roll. I’m new to Vanilla and I’m not a player who does a ton of research, so it’s not exactly obvious.
    It's not quite double SP, but here are the pre bis mage pants lvl55 vs pre bis priest pants lvl50

    The SP is still a decent chunk higher 17.6% and while they have 1 less int + stam they have a massive +18 spirit. So you can see healer items are massive by comparison.

    Except the healer one's wont be touched (unless by an absolute sperg) by anyone other than the healer, where as the others will be rolled on by the other mage and warlock already in the group :P




  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    Yeah, I'm not at all on the same page as you on this one bud.
    No one cares if you are or not.

    If you do that sort of thing, you're an asshole. It's not subjective. You are, in fact, an asshole player if you do that.

  16. #116
    OP asks for it not to become a Classic Discussion, but just to comment on weird stuff in game with the video.


    MMO-C forum prats turn it into a rant about Need vs Greed, BiS, optimisation, and their own ego. Hurrah for this forum!
    Last edited by Howlrunner; 2019-09-30 at 10:24 PM.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    This isn’t something I would realize. I’d just see “damage and healing” and assume I could roll. I’m new to Vanilla and I’m not a player who does a ton of research, so it’s not exactly obvious.
    You can roll on it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    OP asks for it not to become a Classic Discussion, but just to comment on weird stuff in game with the video.


    MMO-C forum prats turn it into a rant about Need vs Greed, BiS, optimisation, and their own ego. Hurrah for this forum!
    Then you dont post in a discussions forum but rather put it in your blog.
    Last edited by Annelie; 2019-10-01 at 01:10 AM.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    probably way faster than someone who's next upgrade is from MC

    this is basically the "hunter weapon" equivalent for healers, just because you can use it, doesnt mean you should.

    the only reason it is an upgrade for you, is because you're already wearing suboptimal gear
    that's your responsibility, not the dps's

    dps loot is for dps
    heal loot is for healers

    any green "of healing" item has more healing on it than any prebis caster dmg items.
    so yeah, it's you being an ass.
    Speed of next upgrade is irrelevant. It has absolutely no bearing on whether someone should roll need an an item that is an upgrade.

    A nice hunter would pass as a rogue would on range weapons. But they are both entirely entitled to roll on an upgrade.

    It is his responsibility and getting a +spd item will increase his power. An item that is +spd is good for any caster. A healer is a caster. If blizzard intended for healers not to use spd to Inc their healing than it wouldn't. Just because you are in tears when a healer rightfully needs on an upgrade doesn't make it wrong.

    +spd is not a dps stat. It is a caster stat. +healing is a healing stat. You can tell because healers and dps casters can use +spd but only healers can use +healing.

    If it was true that any healing green was better than a +spd item then healers would never roll on them. Because you're having a big fat cry and spouting untruth proves that you have no idea what you are talking about or you are a blatant liar.

    Prove that +spd items do nothing for healers or apologise to the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    OP asks for it not to become a Classic Discussion, but just to comment on weird stuff in game with the video.

    MMO-C forum prats turn it into a rant about Need vs Greed, BiS, optimisation, and their own ego. Hurrah for this forum!
    So could you explain why it was posted on the Classic forum, when the classic forum has already dropped to below HALF the viewers of the retail general forum? It was always intended to be a classic discussion, actions speak louder than words.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Why wouldn't they? They are the ones who've gone to horrid grind to level up their lockpicking to be able to pick that chest. Not your self entitled ass.

    The healers needing on spelldmg stuff when there are much stronger +healing items around for said slot is much worse.
    Then rogues can solo instances by themselves. It is that easy. Oh wait, almost every rogue can't. That's why they share and that is without talking about skeleton keys.

    What morons don't understand is that an upgrade is an upgrade. Getting butthurt because a healer gets *your* item really speaks volumes about how entitled you are. This is not peewee soccer where everyone gets a trophy, kiddo.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    ...and would you want to group with them again? There are greens "of healing" that are better than spell damage gear for pre-raid.
    Tha answer is obviously yes. They already have the item.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Any rogue that takes everything in the chest without sharing with the group deserves to be blacklisted and branded a ninja looter on a server. But unfortunately, unlike what most people claim, there is no fucking community like that in Classic.
    Wow. Do you even hear yourself. Remember when you claimed to have deleted your character because if being labelled a ninja?

    "I once got kicked from a guild for questioning the raid leader playing favorites to their significant other. They then told the entire server I was a ninja looter to avoid me incriminating them. I had to delete my fucking character because I never got invited to another group again. I've seen other people suffer similar fates."

    That's what you wrote. Explain yourself out of this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •