Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Annelie View Post
    If it is damage and healing done it is legit to take it however.
    depends on the item really, if a healer needs on spell damage gear that a caster needs hes gonna have a rough time, which is good, cuz hes not only most likely an idiot, but also an asshole. Ignorance=/=Innocense.

If a Hunter for example goes UBRS and needs on Truestrike, that is totally understandable, while the warrior is stuck with those shoulders untill AQ, and the hunter will instantly replace them in MC, it is fair game, why else would the hunter join the run if he is never allowed to need on anything just because warrior Tier 1+2 sucks for DPS.

Briarwood reed is an example of a Spell Damage item that healers genuinly have no alternative for, Second Wind + Briarwood Reed is also their Pre-bis, so ofc the healer should be allowed to roll.

But if a healer took my Hands of Power, holy hell, my petty personality would probably kick into overdrive, and i could easily spend and hour or two on childish shit like mailing him 50000 individual arrows, and the screen shot would be passed around quite a few discords. that would be such a dick move it isn't even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Hunters are needing Dal'Rend because it's their Pre-BiS.

Rogues are needing Blackcrow because it's their Pre-BiS.

The only time it may be frowned upon is if you're taking it from a guild member, but even then, not all guilds seem to be strict about this. If it's your Pre-BiS, you need it.
    yes, exactly.
    and I've already explained how "prebis" exempts from this rule.

I have no problem with priests taking briarwood reed or the BRD boots since it is their prebis.

I have a problem with them taking banthoc sash or spritecaster cape, because there are quest rewards better than that for them. let alone insta drops.

I mean of course you CAN roll on it, there's no rule against it, but that doesnt mean it's not assholish to do so.

like for example, I still only have one useful trinket (Eye of the beast)
    should I have needed on second wind to take it from healers? I mean its an upgrade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post

LOL. Fotm? Mages are flavour of the fucking game? Go aoe something, vendorboy.

No one argues that healing is not better, but you're arguing that you deserve loot more than somebody else....for frostbolting constantly. No one gives a shit about your bis list. An upgrade is an upgrade and believe it or not, looking like a self centred asshole on a fan website does not mean you have loot priority in a pug.

*Throws 60s on the ground for you to scramble on your knees to pick up* "Ironforge portalboy"
    imagine being this mad about a ficitonal class in a video game
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2019-10-01 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    I mean, for example if you take a +spelldmg item as a healer because it gives more than your shitty green, then you are indeed an asshole
    But what if that + spelldamage item is also bis for the healer? Like briarwood reed for instance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    I mean, if the rogue wasn't there you wouldn't get the chests at all so I'd say its fair to let them have first pick of the contents.
    Try convince your ubrs pug of this when you skin the big dollars of the beasts corpse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    Lockpicking is available to engineers and blacksmiths as well, if you ask them to share the chest you should also ask any other profession to share their node
    you don't do that tho

so can we please stop these stupid double standards already? if you agree to roll on all nodes that go ahead, but if you don't roll on them you also don't roll on the chest, its that simple

- - - Updated - - -

other than time, which many values more than gold

you cannot say that lockpicking cost nothing and you cannot say that mining was more time consuming to level than lockpicking as it will be different for every single person
    And then someone skins pristine hide of the beast and everyone goes apeshit.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    As others have reiterated, what this guy said.

Also since when do rogues get the content of chests for just for being able to lock pick? Am I crazy or why is this expected?
    If an herbalist is in the group and an herb is on the ground, does everyone roll on the herb, or do you let the herbalist keep the herb? Same situation. Locked chests belong to the rogue, unless the rogue chooses to share. Or what if an engineer is in the group and they have seaforium charges? Anyways, if I was a rogue, I would just say "sorry my LP isnt high enough" then when the dungeon is done, I'd go back and unlock the chest for myself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    there are no other arguments to be made, you either threat professions equally or you don't
    this should end the discussion

so what happened with the argument that mining or herb is harder/more expensive to level up then lockpicking? hence you don't roll on herbs but roll on lockpicked chests
    bs and engi both are much more expensive and keys cost mats/money yet you treat it like its "free" lockpicking

again just arbitrary double standards, decide on one thing and stick it with without being a hypocrite
    There is no point discussing with people ignoring other arguments than their own. Its a childish way of admitting you have no answer to it.

- - - Updated - - -

No they weren't. The global rules apply everywhere, even in a world first naxx clear run. Mats like that were only shared if the group had established rules made prior to the running of such content. An example would be "by the way, we roll on hide, don't agree? Then piss off. Ok let's start." or "all mats and drops go to the guild".
    Pretty much exactly what i meant. Pugs on alts would usually roll for items like onyxia hides for example.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Blacksmiths can open them, any time I run with my buddy when we see locked chests and there is no rogue we don't tell anyone and open them up once everyone leaves the party. A locked chest belongs to whoever can/wants to open it for the group, you can easily lie about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said, you don't have to open shit because you have the ability to, no one has the right to make a BS or Engineer open a chest if they don't want to for the group, you also do not have to tell people what your professions are if you don't want to.
    Why did you reply with this? ofcourse youre not forced to open stuff. You can just refuse and be an asshole.
    Former highend raider. Now highend moron

This is not peewee soccer where everyone gets a trophy, kiddo.
    You do realize that when you call people (most of them who probably are older than you) "kiddo" in your arguments really just makes nobody care about your arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    But what if that + spelldamage item is also bis for the healer? Like briarwood reed for instance.
    I already said then it's ok

i cant say what is the strangest

What's worse? Ninjaing, not believing a random, or wishing physical harm on someone? Out of the three you are the worst. People like you are pathetic walk away. Attitudes like yours don't belong in civilised society.
    I don't have to believe anyone when I personally ran with the guy on a few runs and was quick to notice how toxic he was and how he thought he was entitled to anything that dropped, whether or not he could use it. He had invited me to the guild he was in right before the runs we did, where he was publicly toxic and eventually kicked for his behavior. People like him deserve a swat on the head. Just because it's the internet doesn't mean you repeatedly call people a bunch of bigoted words all because you can't get your way.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    That's your choice, obviously.

Let me give you a different example of greed.
    Our guild cleared MC tonight, the 2h sword (42 str and +8 sword skill) drops.
    Guild runs are different, because your guild gets the gear, in pugs you generally don't see other guys anymore. Unless you make a dungeon run group and at this point people just reserve stuff they need
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    No one cares if you are or not.

If you do that sort of thing, you're an asshole. It's not subjective. You are, in fact, an asshole player if you do that.
    I mean, clearly it is subjective if about half the people in this thread disagree with you on it. So don't be an arse yourself, and accept that you're not the supreme knowledge holder of the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    I mean, clearly it is subjective if about half the people in this thread disagree with you on it.
    Nope. 99.99% can disagree with something. That just makes them factually wrong. You know, factually wrong like you are with that statement.

"Well, I don't brutally raping an infant is bad, so... because I said that, that makes brutally raping children subjective, you see. Mmhmm. That's how the world works, don't you know?" --How people like you sound.

Your random, pointless, and morally corrupt opinions don't mean shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Nope. 99.99% can disagree with something. That just makes them factually wrong. You know, factually wrong like you are with that statement.

"Well, I don't brutally raping an infant is bad, so... because I said that, that makes brutally raping children subjective, you see. Mmhmm. That's how the world works, don't you know?" --How people like you sound.

Your random, pointless, and morally corrupt opinions don't mean shit.
    I feel like you have to be trolling at this point, comparing loot in a video game to raping children. You're an insane person.

And you're still wrong on this one =/ something so subjective doesn't have a "right" and a "wrong".