Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    wrong quote

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    probably way faster than someone who's next upgrade is from MC
    Splitting hairs right here? So, i guess, as a mage or warlock you won't be needing on any chest pieces, because your bis item is crafted piece?
    And if you are familiar with wow and its RNG - chances are that you won't get next upgrade that fast as you think.

this is basically the "hunter weapon" equivalent for healers, just because you can use it, doesnt mean you should.
    You sound like you aren't playing a healer neither you play with one, because priests will gladly take that +spd gear for their world experience to be tolerable. So, no, it's not "hunter weapon" (you also sound like you don't even understand how "hunter weapon" is a thing)

the only reason it is an upgrade for you, is because you're already wearing suboptimal gear
    that's your responsibility, not the dps's
    "the problem is you're coming off retail where everything is either "good and an upgrade" or "totally useless""
    Damn, suboptimal gear. People wear whatever drops for them, some warriors still run around in scarlet pants at level 60, you know?

Smells like
    dps loot is for dps
    heal loot is for healers
    Classic itemization doesn't work like this.

any green "of healing" item has more healing on it than any prebis caster dmg items.
    so yeah, it's you being an ass.
    also any "of healing" item has 0 spell damage, or any int or spirit on it. You shouldn't be talking about "prebis" and blaming other people for coming off retail.
    I mean, you really are going to do BRD repeatedly to get your bis shoulders with frost damage, while still wearing these quest shoulders from RFD? And passing on any SPD shoulders while doing that, because your bis is THAT one from BRD? Then you'd complain about a priest taking SPD shoulders from scholo? Nah man, you wouldn't do that, anyone in their right mind wouldn't do that in pugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

probably way faster than someone who's next upgrade is from MC
    So you can only run the dungeon one time and then you can never run it again?

rip basic human decency and logic I guess...

the problem is you're coming off retail where everything is either "good and an upgrade"
    or "totally useless"

classic itemization isnt like that.

just because it also boosts healing, doesnt mean its a healer item.

it'd be like a mage/warlock taking an item with a lot of +healing because "hey it also gives int and I havent upgraded since WC so it's an upgrade for me"
    imagine if that happened to you as a healer, I'm sure you'd go "well that's his perogative"
    I havent played retail since Legion.

Problem is you dont know how gearing in Classic work. At all.

I would love to see you in a group doing Strat with a Warrior and a Rogue in the same group. You would prob get a stroke because you see the warrior forced to tank need on the leather mask.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    If you are willing to try to make other players to blacklist a healer who rolled on SPD gear, because he didn't have a better piece, good luck with that.
    I think you are quoting the wrong person here.
    Last edited by Annelie; 2019-09-28 at 08:39 AM.

Splitting hairs right here? So, i guess, as a mage or warlock you won't be needing on any chest pieces, because your bis item is crafted piece?
    And if you are familiar with wow and its RNG - chances are that you won't get next upgrade that fast as you think.
    I mean, if you're a tailor you certainly shouldnt.

You sound like you aren't playing a healer neither you play with one, because priests will gladly take that +spd gear for their world experience to be tolerable. So, no, it's not "hunter weapon" (you also sound like you don't even understand how "hunter weapon" is a thing)
    that's pmuch what an offspec roll is, and it has never ever trumped mainspec role. or in this case "off role roll" since you cant change specs, but healers dont need +dmg for raids/dungeons outdoor gear doesnt trump indoor gear. I know why hunter weapon is a thing. doesnt mean it was ever okay for them to take it from melees, just like it isnt okay from melees to take ranged weapons from hunters (with a few exceptions vica versa)

"the problem is you're coming off retail where everything is either "good and an upgrade" or "totally useless""
    Damn, suboptimal gear. People wear whatever drops for them, some warriors still run around in scarlet pants at level 60, you know?
    that's certainly true, but again, you shouldnt take something that's barely an upgrade and will toss in a day or two, from someone who would keep it for months, that's just being selfish.

again, if I had a really shitty item that had no spell dmg on it as a mage/lock and only a little intellect, then a +healing item with intellect on it would be a defacto upgrade, would you be okay with me needing that from a healer?

hell, right now I'm running around with a carrot on a stick and an argent dawn commission as trinkets, should I roll on Second Wind because technically it's an upgrade?

Classic itemization doesn't work like this.
    it does, at least in the "who should get priority" sense.

should fury warriors roll away shields from prot warriors?
    should resto shamans roll away clearly tank shields from tanks because their own is shit?

also any "of healing" item has 0 spell damage, or any int or spirit on it. You shouldn't be talking about "prebis" and blaming other people for coming off retail.
    I mean, you really are going to do BRD repeatedly to get your bis shoulders with frost damage, while still wearing these quest shoulders from RFD? And passing on any SPD shoulders while doing that, because your bis is THAT one from BRD? Then you'd complain about a priest taking SPD shoulders from scholo? Nah man, you wouldn't do that, anyone in their right mind wouldn't do that in pugs.
    you dont necessarily need int/spirit on every piece of gear, you'll get plenty. if you just stack +healing you can downrank your healspells accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Annelie View Post
    I would love to see you in a group doing Strat with a Warrior and a Rogue in the same group. You would prob get a stroke because you see the warrior forced to tank need on the leather mask.
    uhm, no because that's actually an optimal item for a warrior

unlike +spell dmg gear that has half the value of a +healing item for the same slot.

I dont think you get the argument.

warriors do in fact have bis items that arent plate.
    healers dont have bis items that have +spell dmg instead of +healing on it (except for briarwood reed and omnicast boots, but those are obvious exceptions and not the rule)
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2019-09-28 at 08:51 AM.

uhm, no because that's actually an optimal item for a warrior

unlike +spell dmg gear that has half the value of a +healing item for the same slot.

I dont think you get the argument.

warriors do in fact have bis items that arent plate.
    healers dont have bis items that have +spell dmg instead of +healing on it (except for briarwood reed and omnicast boots, but those are obvious exceptions and not the rule)
    I get the argument, but you dont seem to understand that you got more chances than just one durng the life of vanilla to get your "BiS" from a dungeon. An upgrade is an upgrade is an upgrade. Playing a Mage i have seen Druid and Paladin healers taking cloth items that where not optimal all the time, i dont bitch about it because that is how it is.

I get the argument, but you dont seem to understand that you got more chances than just one durng the life of vanilla to get your "BiS" from a dungeon. An upgrade is an upgrade is an upgrade. Playing a Mage i have seen Druid and Paladin healers taking cloth items that where not optimal all the time, i dont bitch about it because that is how it is.
    tell that to my 60 arena runs that yielded a grand total of one belt, and the healer decided that they needed spellhit because they kept missing heals :P

tell that to my 60 arena runs that yielded a grand total of one belt, and the healer decided that they needed spellhit because they kept missing heals :P
    Do 60 more. You have all the time in the world to do it.

I ran Strat living over 100 times in vanilla to get the ALchemy recipie, never got it. But that is just how it is. You do it again, and again, and...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Did you notice all clock towers and churches ingame sound the bell at every hour?

I noticed this in Horde side, on the many quests and tarren mill church.
    This still happens in Stormwind, duskwood etc on retail
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    isn't that where the supposed "your reputation on your server is important in classic" part comes in?
    Basically this, I’ve passed many items that would be upgrades for me as a holy paladin to caster dpsers because for them it’s better. As a result I’ve been asked to join their groups again, good behavior and being generous goes around like karma.
    On the flipside there are mane tanks and dpsers I don’t group with because they’re greedy, rude and selfish. Doesn’t matter how good they are, if you’re a douche it’ll come back to bite you.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    The fact that the vendor price for a gold bar is 6 silver.

Like.....what is this? Pawn Stars?
    Get your first silver bar - vendors for 1 silver. Makes sense

Get your first gold bar, oooh boy we're gonna be rich! _ errr.............
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

...and would you want to group with them again? There are greens "of healing" that are better than spell damage gear for pre-raid.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Why wouldn't they? They are the ones who've gone to horrid grind to level up their lockpicking to be able to pick that chest. Not your self entitled ass.
    Blacksmiths have keys, engineers have seaforium charges to open locks. And if the group didn't carry the rogues sorry ass to that chest he wouldn't even be in a position to potentially open that chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Blacksmiths have keys, engineers have seaforium charges to open locks. And if the group didn't carry the rogues sorry ass to that chest he wouldn't even be in a position to potentially open that chest.
    at the end of the day, the group holds no power though. people who can open a box can just refuse (or more likely: not say they have a key, say they haven't leveled lockpick yet, etc).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    I mean, if the rogue wasn't there you wouldn't get the chests at all so I'd say its fair to let them have first pick of the contents.
    If I wasn’t there tanking he wouldn’t have a chest to lockpick, so by your logic I think I should get first pick of the contents.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Why wouldn't they? They are the ones who've gone to horrid grind to level up their lockpicking to be able to pick that chest. Not your self entitled ass.
    Well this has just never been a thing until now, I do think it’s a load of horse shit and don’t understand. So guess you think if there’s a blacksmith in the group he gets preference over a rogue because he has to use mats AND level his blacksmithing?
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

The belt that shouldn't even be in the game until phase 5 but Blizzard are more lazy than a bunch of bedroom developers? Count yourself lucky it exists I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

it's like taking a ranged weapon from a hunter as a rogue or warrior
    Actually thats called payback
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    ...and would you want to group with them again? There are greens "of healing" that are better than spell damage gear for pre-raid.
    I dont care what people need on. Why would i? If they need it they need it. Besides not everyone raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    If I wasn’t there tanking he wouldn’t have a chest to lockpick, so by your logic I think I should get first pick of the contents.

- - - Updated - - -

Well this has just never been a thing until now, I do think it’s a load of horse shit and don’t understand. So guess you think if there’s a blacksmith in the group he gets preference over a rogue because he has to use mats AND level his blacksmithing?
    Whoever can open it should have priority, so if you have multiple rogues or people with charges/keys then they should be the ones to roll.

BUT I am also of the opinion that in group content you shouldn't take things you can't actually use just to make money. So if something was in the chest that is useless for the rogue they should give it to someone who can actually use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    And I could argue that if the rest of the group weren't there, the rogue wouldn't have even reached the chest in the first place. Teamwork is what being in a group is all about

Not only that, but unless you're going to ask the group of there are any blacksmiths or engineers with seaforium or skeleton keys present (who can also open locks), you'd be potentially falsely assuming the rogue is the only one who can open the chest.

There's already a long ass thread on this subject so I'm not going to say any more on this here.
    And without the group, the skinner wouldn't have been able to skin that dog you just killed. The miner wouldn't have been able to get to that ore at the end of the dungeon. The tank wouldn't have been able to kill that boss that dropped the shield he needed on.

Should we roll on what the skinner skinned? The miner mined? The herbalist herbed? The shield that dropped that I can get gold for?

It's all similar. Rogue can unlock the chest, you can't. Sounds like it's the Rogues. The skinner can skin, and you can't. It's the Skinners. Tank can equip the shield (And will), so it's the tanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.