Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    And without the group, the skinner wouldn't have been able to skin that dog you just killed. The miner wouldn't have been able to get to that ore at the end of the dungeon. The tank wouldn't have been able to kill that boss that dropped the shield he needed on.

Should we roll on what the skinner skinned? The miner mined? The herbalist herbed? The shield that dropped that I can get gold for?

It's all similar. Rogue can unlock the chest, you can't. Sounds like it's the Rogues. The skinner can skin, and you can't. It's the Skinners. Tank can equip the shield (And will), so it's the tanks.
    Any rogue that takes everything in the chest without sharing with the group deserves to be blacklisted and branded a ninja looter on a server. But unfortunately, unlike what most people claim, there is no fucking community like that in Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Not starting this thread as a topic to actual discuss or insulting classic in anyway, but instead, to give you some entertainment watching it.

Have fun!
    Thank you for this video. I got quite a bit of nostalgia out of it. I play a druid and so when classic was out I pulled up the talent tree caluclator and looked at the trees, and remembered how bad it was. Like the +damage in forms talent being in the balance tree blocked by something completely useless for feral. Other fun things for other classes is the bonus crit chance for backstab being deep in combat. So yeah. Half of talenting in vanilla WoW was finding the least sucky things to waste talent points in to get to the stuff you actually wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Any rogue that takes everything in the chest without sharing with the group deserves to be blacklisted and branded a ninja looter on a server. But unfortunately, unlike what most people claim, there is no fucking community like that in Classic.
    Have you considered that community DOES exist, they just disagree with your stance?

*GASP*

Also, NO ONE claims that community exists in Classic; we claimed it *existed* in Vanilla. This isn't Vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    I mean, if the rogue wasn't there you wouldn't get the chests at all so I'd say its fair to let them have first pick of the contents.
    And if the group wasn't there the Rogue wouldn't get the chest at all either, this goes both ways, we all know the Rogue isn't able to solo the 4 mobs standing within agro range of the chest.

Lockpicking is a perk that Rogues bring to the group, like Mages making food and water, and Warlocks making healthstones/soulstones/summoning lazy people.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-09-29 at 06:47 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Have you considered that community DOES exist, they just disagree with your stance?

*GASP*

Also, NO ONE claims that community exists in Classic; we claimed it *existed* in Vanilla. This isn't Vanilla.
    Ah ok so rogues are permitted to be absolute shitheads with no repercussions. Just further showing me that Classic really isn't worth playing anymore and even if I do play, NEVER group with a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    And if the group wasn't there the Rogue wouldn't get the chest at all either, this goes both ways, we all know the Rogue isn't able to solo the 4 mobs standing within agro range of the chest.

Lockpicking is a perk that Rogues bring to the group, like Mages making food and water, and Warlocks making healthstones/soulstones/summoning lazy people.
    do you roll on herb or mining nodes as a group as well? because im pretty sure you don't

if there are 2 or more miners in a group they roll between each other, if there are 2 or more rogues or engineer/bs they roll between each other for the chest
    if there is one person that can use given node than there is no roll

quite simple
    Last edited by Finear; 2019-09-29 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    The belt that shouldn't even be in the game until phase 5 but Blizzard are more lazy than a bunch of bedroom developers? Count yourself lucky it exists I guess.
    I mean it's hardly my fault it is in. and isnt the point at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Ah ok so rogues are permitted to be absolute shitheads with no repercussions. Just further showing me that Classic really isn't worth playing anymore and even if I do play, NEVER group with a rogue.
    Well, sure Rogues are shitheads, but so are the Herbalists, Skinners, Miners, Tanks, healers, DPS, Mages, Shamans... Etc. By your definition.
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    Yeah, I'm not at all on the same page as you on this one bud.
    Ye it was like that before, nothing has changed for last 15 years, ppls just dont get their roles

Well, sure Rogues are shitheads, but so are the Herbalists, Skinners, Miners, Tanks, healers, DPS, Mages, Shamans... Etc. By your definition.
    I used to love being an annoying rogue to be quite fair. Shitheads rogues from old version of the game aka old expansions, was the best.
    I remember when i played my rogue in cata the most, and everytime they said to me rogues are so fucking annoying, i would receive that as a compliment xD lol (never had a rogue in vanilla tho)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    do you roll on herb or mining nodes as a group as well? because im pretty sure you don't

if there are 2 or more miners in a group they roll between each other, if there are 2 or more rogues or engineer/bs they roll between each other for the chest
    if there is one person that can use given node than there is no roll

quite simple
    Lockpicking isn't a profession, it's part of our class.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Lockpicking isn't a profession, it's part of our class.
    bs and engi are professions

Quote Originally Posted by Annelie View Post
    No, the weirdest thing in vanilla/classic is people expecting you to not need on upgrades because they are BiS for someone else that you never seen before. (In PuG's)
    you mean people expecting others to not be assholes?

And without the group, the skinner wouldn't have been able to skin that dog you just killed. The miner wouldn't have been able to get to that ore at the end of the dungeon. The tank wouldn't have been able to kill that boss that dropped the shield he needed on.

Should we roll on what the skinner skinned? The miner mined? The herbalist herbed? The shield that dropped that I can get gold for?

It's all similar. Rogue can unlock the chest, you can't. Sounds like it's the Rogues. The skinner can skin, and you can't. It's the Skinners. Tank can equip the shield (And will), so it's the tanks.
    Tbh, I never saw lockpicking and professions on the same level that way. Usually, a mining node gives the miner things to use in their profession. Same for the skinner and the herbalist. These items are of no direct use for the other group members in most cases. If I am not an alchemist, I do not care about the flowers you pick. Thus only those who have a need for the items can "unlock" them, i.e. harvest the nodes, so there is little issue.
    Chests on the other hand have the same loot table as the mobs around them. As such, someone in the group might need it but would not be able to unlock it. Meanwhile, the person who unlocks it might not need it. That is the core issue in play and the group has to resolve it according to the set loot rules. If you agree to need before greed then that should apply to chests too. The rogue can have the currency inside and the food or whatever as compensation for raising the skill, but why shouldn't the usable items be distributed like any other?

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    So assholes are those who refuse to pass on items you want despite these items being an upgrade for them too. Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    I mean, if the rogue wasn't there you wouldn't get the chests at all so I'd say its fair to let them have first pick of the contents.
    This kid, who obviously plays a rogue is right. I main a 60 mage, and If it wasn't for him/rogues we wouldn't even be able to get those locked chests open, so they should be allowed to have first pick of the contents it's 100% fair.

IN LIGHT OF THIS! I have decided that every rogue I now play with in UBRS(AND THERE'S A LOT!!) I will roll against on Dal'rend swords,If the mages weren't there to do all the aoe/dmg.... that rogue would of never even got to rend anyways, so I/mages should get first pick of the contents.
    Other mages leveling up in dngs should do the same, you want that snazzy cool looking sword or dagger? hey man...you did all the work, first picks on you buddy!

Let the double standard roar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Tbh, I never saw lockpicking and professions on the same level that way. Usually, a mining node gives the miner things to use in their profession. Same for the skinner and the herbalist. ...
    Skinning gives material for Leatherworking, which the Skinner doesn't have to be and someone in the group could be. The same is true of both other professions (Mining --> Blacksmithing, Herbalism --> Alchemy).

The materials benefits another profession; the person may or may not benefit from that. What the Rogue gets out of a chest he may or may not benefit from.

Of course, if there's a Blacksmith in the group and has Skeleton keys, the Rogue and BS should be rolling. And the winner gets to unlock and keep the contents.

Classic topics seem to drive me to want to drink away the stupid more than retail has for a good many years. I find that pretty weird.

Also. If you're the only one with the key to UBRS in group, does that mean you get every piece of loot dropped? I mean, without you, no one could be doing the dungeon in the first place.
    Last edited by Dead Moose Fandango; 2019-09-29 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Yes, dont be an asshole when someone gets an upgrade. But aparantly that is a big problem for people.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    This kid, who obviously plays a rogue is right. I main a 60 mage, and If it wasn't for him/rogues we wouldn't even be able to get those locked chests open, so they should be allowed to have first pick of the contents it's 100% fair.

IN LIGHT OF THIS! I have decided that every rogue I now play with in UBRS(AND THERE'S A LOT!!) I will roll against on Dal'rend swords,If the mages weren't there to do all the aoe/dmg.... that rogue would of never even got to rend anyways, so I/mages should get first pick of the contents.
    Other mages leveling up in dngs should do the same, you want that snazzy cool looking sword or dagger? hey man...you did all the work, first picks on you buddy!

Let the double standard roar
    FYI Lock player. Not Rogue.