Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I played a rogue in vanilla, and I played a lot. And, I play a rogue now; I have never in my life heard about rogues having prio on locked chests, or having the benefit of need rolling lockboxes.

Vanilla had a community, if you did this shit you'd be excluded from many groups. If you're in a group, you share most thing. If a mage required money to make food within a group, he'd be disliked too.

I guess you can take this discussion very far, I just know I'll never start demanding the content of chests in a group. I could never reach that chest alone anyway, so in my eyes the argument stops there.

When it comes to the discussion of role based loot needing, I usually just make sure the tank doesn't need that one pre-raid bis item I need before even going. I wouldn't, after 50+ runs, be happy if a tank (or anyone else for that matter) took my Cadaverous Armor. But if you don't agree on stuff like that beforehand, then live with the consequences.

Some people are whining about stuff that's so easily solved by just taking some precaution and brain.
    Last edited by fjeenzy; 2019-09-30 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    isn't that where the supposed "your reputation on your server is important in classic" part comes in?
    you can always realm hop and change your name for free.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Because that ever mattered to begin with

The weirdest thing in classic is the unrealistic belief that "server reputation" ever amounted to anything more than piss in a bucket. Even back in the day when vanilla was live. People cheated and ninjad and ganked/camped and there never was some big 'social Justice' mob to shun the person from society or whatever weird consequences they think happened.

The truth is some mad nerd made a forum post, people bitched for a week at most, then the whole server forgot the name of the culprit.
    What are you even talking about? Many guilds and players had a KOS and blackball lists, some even had these lists displayed on wow and guild forum pages. Many people had to delete their characters and restart or took server transfers because no one would play with them. I had multiple people in my guild and pvp farm groups that had a post-it list with names next to their PC.

Some big personal examples I remember are:

We had a guy who ninjad the eye of sulfuras but had to wait until he server transferred to craft it because no guild in the whole server would even sell him the required mats.

An alliance guild decided to open the AQ gates around 2-3 am in a week day without telling anyone else on the server although there was about a dozen more guilds that were within a week of completing the quest and couple guilds even missed it only by days/hours. Many people missed the event because they woke up the next day and went to school/work without checking the game. On top of that, the guild made a statement on the forum basically saying "Fuck off, we do what we want" although it was a considered a server wide effort to open the gates considering the whole supplies/preparation phase.
    Sooo this was a pvp server and literally EVERY horde marked the guild as KOS and hunted down and killed their members repeatedly to the point that the casual members of the guild moved off to other guilds and the main raid team moved off to a fresh server on the first ever opportunity of a server transfer because the game was unplayable for them. I personally killed multiple members of the guild while other alliance players next to me danced and cheered.

Social justice and server community definitely existed. There is a big difference between saying "I didn't care" vs "it didn't exist in vanilla". You were either not active enough in vanilla or too oblivious to notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    There is also a hunter from Chromie, who is dead silent everywhere, but participates in pugs, and continuously rolls need on boe gear. Snatched that fire damage hat last time i've seen him, and yet he keeps appearing in pugs somehow and keeps doing it, then selling these boes in /1 and ignoring people who start ruckus about him being ninja. My guildie have seen him in MC last night, told RL about it, he said that he doesn't believe him and doesn't give a fuck.
    And...then you have ninjas/asshats like that. Yikes. Hope he gets slapped soon.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    yeah, of course, thats a normal as well, if there are multiple people able to use given node they obviously roll for it etc

see above, if there are more people, they roll (or agree to take turns) i already said that in previous posts
    Comparing lockpicking to other professions is so fucking stupid. You will level lockpicking by just leveling your character. Professions both cost money to keep increasing as well as going around finding nodes. Once again, you're just trying to justify being greedy and selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Comparing lockpicking to other professions is so fucking stupid. You will level lockpicking by just leveling your character. Professions both cost money to keep increasing as well as going around finding nodes. Once again, you're just trying to justify being greedy and selfish.
    Well, no. In Classic you need to skill it up in special places or open lockboxes. It is not like retail where it goes automatic when you level up. But it is not hard to do this, it is fast to skill it.

7+ Year Old Account
    irrelevant, you dont roll for all nodes in the instance, miners keep ore to themself, skinners gets skins, BS gets chest, engi gets chest, rogue gets chest etc.
    What do you mean "irrelevant"? Lockpicking is a class perk the same way portals/food, Rez, Summon/SS, ALL buffs, are. You dont see people charging you for this when youre in a dungeon.
    Former highend raider. Now highend moron

Quote Originally Posted by Annelie View Post
    Well, no. In Classic you need to skill it up in special places or open lockboxes. It is not like retail where it goes automatic when you level up. But it is not hard to do this, it is fast to skill it.
    It wasn't my point HOW it's leveled. I know you need to open lockboxes and stuff. what I was saying is you don't have to pay to unlock the next tier and can level it much quicker than professions. Lockpicking isn't a profession because you level it. It's a class ability. It'd be like calling the various weapon skills professions because you have to level them.

going around finding nodes.
    exactly the same as lockpicking, you go around finding nodes.
    the difference is that you need to spend ~10g to learn everything for mining. skinning and herbalism are half of that, both amounts are laughably low

and at the end of the day, it comes to a personal effort and time which you cannot compare, for me leveling lockpicking is a pain in the ass because I have to go out of my way to specific areas to level it up. while I already have skinning maxed because it takes literally 0 effort to lvl up and leatherworking maxed out as well because I just dropped gold which has 0 value for me (as I already have a mount) and i have loads of it now.

should we ask everyone how much time it took them to level given profession before the 1st pull and based on that assign them loot?

no, we just let them keep their nodes or roll for it if there are multiple people able to unlock it

the difference is that you need to spend ~10g to learn everything for mining. skinning and herbalism are half of that, both amounts are laughably low

and at the end of the day, it comes to a personal effort and time which you cannot compare, for me leveling lockpicking is a pain in the ass because I have to go out of my way to specific areas to level it up. while I already have skinning maxed because it takes literally 0 effort to lvl up and leatherworking maxed out as well because I just dropped gold which has 0 value for me (as I already have a mount) and i have loads of it now.

should we ask everyone how much time it took them to level given profession before the 1st pull and based on that assign them loot?

no, we just let them keep their nodes or roll for it if there are multiple people able to unlock it
    Locked chests aren't a node regardless of how much you want to claim they are. And as far as I know, unlocking a chest doesn't level your lockpicking skill. And even if it did, it's still not a node like mining or herbalism. As I said above, it costs NOTHING to level lockpicking. Actual professions require spending money to unlock tiers and recipes. It doesn't matter how cheap you think it is, it still has to be paid for and that's why unlocking a chest should never give anyone precedence over the contents inside said chest. If you actually take everything in a chest then everyone on the server should be made known how much of a dick you are so you never get a group again.

Quote Originally Posted by Locknrollen View Post
    What do you mean "irrelevant"? Lockpicking is a class perk the same way portals/food, Rez, Summon/SS, ALL buffs, are. You dont see people charging you for this when youre in a dungeon.
    Lockpicking is available to engineers and blacksmiths as well, if you ask them to share the chest you should also ask any other profession to share their node
    you don't do that tho

so can we please stop these stupid double standards already? if you agree to roll on all nodes that go ahead, but if you don't roll on them you also don't roll on the chest, its that simple

- - - Updated - - -

As I said above, it costs NOTHING to level lockpicking.
    other than time, which many values more than gold

you cannot say that lockpicking cost nothing and you cannot say that mining was more time consuming to level than lockpicking as it will be different for every single person

Lockpicking is available to engineers and blacksmiths as well, if you ask them to share the chest you should also ask any other profession to share their node
    you don't do that tho

so can we please stop these stupid double standards already? if you agree to roll on all nodes that go ahead, but if you don't roll on them you also don't roll on the chest, its that simple

- - - Updated - - -

other than time, which many values more than gold

you cannot say that lockpicking cost nothing and you cannot say that mining was more time consuming to level than lockpicking as it will be different for every single person
    There are guides out there that make leveling lockpicking stupidly easy and fast to level. There's no secret to fast leveling mining or herbalism like there is with lockpicking. And as far as time investment, lockpicking is WAY faster to level than the gathering professions. Lockpicking is a class perk and not profession. Taking everything from a locked chest you opened in a dungeon group just shows that you're a total dick.

You can't open chests with engineering yet it comes in a later patch from what i read.

I can only open doors with seaforium charges, sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not like you have to "find" them, you just stumble upon them during leveling, then park your ass for 20 minutes here.
    If you feel fancy you can ask your trainer where to look for them, or just wowhead them
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

There are guides out there that make leveling lockpicking stupidly easy and fast to level.
    yes, you have to move into spot in which lockboxes spawn and farm them till they are grey, then move into a different spot with higher-level lockboxes (tho if lockpicking spot is level appropriate boxes are usually guarded sometimes by elites or a swarm of mobs )

this is totally different than fallowing a map from the mining guide for iron spawns and then moving into mithril spawning spot once iron is grey
    eveling skinning is even harder than that, you have to stop for a couple of seconds after killing a mob

again, it comes to personal time and effort. you cannot universally say which was easier

but if for a second I agree with your logic I can assume that engineer or bs doesn't have to share locked chest because his profession is harder to level, im right?

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It's not like you have to "find" them, you just stumble upon them during leveling
    which is exactly how leveling mining or herbalism works

thank you.
    Last edited by Finear; 2019-09-30 at 12:57 PM.

It wasn't my point HOW it's leveled. I know you need to open lockboxes and stuff. what I was saying is you don't have to pay to unlock the next tier and can level it much quicker than professions. Lockpicking isn't a profession because you level it. It's a class ability. It'd be like calling the various weapon skills professions because you have to level them.
    That is true.

7+ Year Old Account
    you don't do that tho

Youre just avoiding the argument weve made several times. And instead you just keep shouting your own already countered argument.

If you cant have a simple discussion, why are you on this forum? Please grow up

Youre just avoiding the argument weve made several times. And instead you just keep shouting your own already countered argument.

If you cant have a simple discussion, why are you on this forum? Please grow up
    countered how exactly?

the opposite view is based on double standards which are wrong

while lockpicking as a skill is exclusive to rogues as an ability it is not and is shared with a profession - engineering and blacksmith.
    it is irrelevant if rogue lockpicking is not a profession because everyone treats it the same as engineering and blacksmith keys

so if you agree to not share profession loot/nodes (and this is the option picked by majority) you agree to not sharing chests
    if you want to share a chest you are also sharing herbs, skins and metal deposits

both ways are fine as long as you stick with it for the entire run without creating arbitrary double standards
    Last edited by Finear; 2019-09-30 at 02:31 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    countered how exactly?

the opposite view is based on double standards which are wrong

while lockpicking as a skill is exclusive to rogues as an ability it is not and is shared with a profession - engineering and blacksmith.
    it is irrelevant if rogue lockpicking is not a profession because everyone treats it the same as engineering and blacksmith keys

so if you agree to not share profession loot/nodes you agree to not sharing chests
    if you want to share a chest you are also sharing herbs, skins and metal deposits

both ways are fine as long as you stick with it for the entire run without creating arbitrary double standards
    Youre still avoiding arguments thats been made all along. You cannot expect me to discuss this if you refuse to adress what i write.

Ofcourse you roll for the chest if engineers and blacksmiths open them.

And for example if you are in a raid or dungeon more valuable skins/ores/herbs are usually rolled for. The prestine hide of the beast was always rolled for back in the day, and hopefully is today aswell.

Youre still avoiding arguments thats been made all along. You cannot expect me to discuss this if you refuse to adress what i write.

And for example if you are in a raid or dungeon more valuable skins/ores/herbs are usually rolled for. The prestine hide of the beast was always rolled for back in the day, and hopefully is today aswell.
    there are no other arguments to be made, you either threat professions equally or you don't
    this should end the discussion

so what happened with the argument that mining or herb is harder/more expensive to level up then lockpicking? hence you don't roll on herbs but roll on lockpicked chests
    bs and engi both are much more expensive and keys cost mats/money yet you treat it like its "free" lockpicking

again just arbitrary double standards, decide on one thing and stick it with without being a hypocrite
    Last edited by Finear; 2019-09-30 at 02:46 PM.