Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Weirdest things on WoW Vanilla

Not starting this thread as a topic to actual discuss or insulting classic in anyway, but instead, to give you some entertainment watching it.

Have fun!

No, the weirdest thing in vanilla/classic is people expecting you to not need on upgrades because they are BiS for someone else that you never seen before. (In PuG's)

Quote Originally Posted by Annelie View Post
    No, the weirdest thing in vanilla/classic is people expecting you to not need on upgrades because they are BiS for someone else that you never seen before. (In PuG's)
    I mean, for example if you take a +spelldmg item as a healer because it gives more than your shitty green, then you are indeed an asshole

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    I mean, for example if you take a +spelldmg item as a healer because it gives more than your shitty green, then you are indeed an asshole
    If it is damage and healing done it is legit to take it however.

If it is damage and healing done it is legit to take it however.
    not when you'll get rid of it in a day because +healing items give double the value.

while the caster would probably use it for months.

it's just selfish and assholish

it's like taking a ranged weapon from a hunter as a rogue or warrior
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2019-09-27 at 11:08 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    The fact that the vendor price for a gold bar is 6 silver.

Like.....what is this? Pawn Stars?

not when you'll get rid of it in a day because +healing items give double the value.

Yeah, I'm not at all on the same page as you on this one bud.

lol that really sums it up.

7+ Year Old Account
    As others have reiterated, what this guy said.

Also since when do rogues get the content of chests for just for being able to lock pick? Am I crazy or why is this expected?
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    As others have reiterated, what this guy said.

Also since when do rogues get the content of chests for just for being able to lock pick? Am I crazy or why is this expected?
    I mean, if the rogue wasn't there you wouldn't get the chests at all so I'd say its fair to let them have first pick of the contents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    I mean, if the rogue wasn't there you wouldn't get the chests at all so I'd say its fair to let them have first pick of the contents.
    And I could argue that if the rest of the group weren't there, the rogue wouldn't have even reached the chest in the first place. Teamwork is what being in a group is all about

Not only that, but unless you're going to ask the group of there are any blacksmiths or engineers with seaforium or skeleton keys present (who can also open locks), you'd be potentially falsely assuming the rogue is the only one who can open the chest.

There's already a long ass thread on this subject so I'm not going to say any more on this here.

No, that is gearing in a PuG. If you want items reserved go with a guild group. Upgrades are upgrades.

Not really. Had it not been for the tank, the healer and the other dps, the rogue would not get the chest at all.
    A weird Logic" i can open it so it's for me"M sure. I can heal, so i let you die?

Did you notice all clock towers and churches ingame sound the bell at every hour?

I noticed this in Horde side, on the many quests and tarren mill church.

No, that is gearing in a PuG. If you want items reserved go with a guild group. Upgrades are upgrades.
    rip basic human decency and logic I guess...

the problem is you're coming off retail where everything is either "good and an upgrade"
    or "totally useless"

classic itemization isnt like that.

just because it also boosts healing, doesnt mean its a healer item.

it'd be like a mage/warlock taking an item with a lot of +healing because "hey it also gives int and I havent upgraded since WC so it's an upgrade for me"
    imagine if that happened to you as a healer, I'm sure you'd go "well that's his perogative"
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2019-09-28 at 07:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You imply here that if you roll on a +spd item as a healer, next day you get a guaranteed drop on +healing item for the same slot?

- - - Updated - - -

you do know that skeleton key is a thing?

- - - Updated - - -

rip basic human decency and logic I guess...
    It's not logical to pass on an upgrade, because it's an upgrade for someone else in your group. Upgrade is an upgrade, it boosts your healing, it boosts your damage (yes, healers too want +spd items, because, you know, they also have to farm shit), it's illogical to pass on that, and has nothing to do with "basic human decency", because someone else passing on an upgrade for you to get an upgrade is a handover, not "basic human decency"

- - - Updated - - -

it'd be like a mage/warlock taking an item with a lot of +healing because "hey it also gives int and I havent upgraded since WC so it's an upgrade for me"
    imagine if that happened to you as a healer, I'm sure you'd go "well that's his perogative"
    No, you are just projecting your own issues, mage/warlock will not roll on a +healing item, because they don't want +healing, for the same reason they don't roll on +str items or +agi items, or bows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It's not logical to pass on an upgrade, because it's an upgrade for someone else in your group. Upgrade is an upgrade, it boosts your healing, it boosts your damage (yes, healers too want +spd items, because, you know, they also have to farm shit), it's illogical to pass on that, and has nothing to do with "basic human decency", because someone else passing on an upgrade for you to get an upgrade is a handover, not "basic human decency"
    isn't that where the supposed "your reputation on your server is important in classic" part comes in?

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You imply here that if you roll on a +spd item as a healer, next day you get a guaranteed drop on +healing item for the same slot?

probably way faster than someone who's next upgrade is from MC

this is basically the "hunter weapon" equivalent for healers, just because you can use it, doesnt mean you should.

the only reason it is an upgrade for you, is because you're already wearing suboptimal gear
    that's your responsibility, not the dps's

dps loot is for dps
    heal loot is for healers

any green "of healing" item has more healing on it than any prebis caster dmg items.
    so yeah, it's you being an ass.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2019-09-28 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post

Why wouldn't they? They are the ones who've gone to horrid grind to level up their lockpicking to be able to pick that chest. Not your self entitled ass.

The healers needing on spelldmg stuff when there are much stronger +healing items around for said slot is much worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    isn't that where the supposed "your reputation on your server is important in classic" part comes in?
    That thing is overblown out of proportions, and your "reputation" won't suffer from rolling on +spd gear as a healer, because you need it
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.