Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    I mean, if the rogue wasn't there you wouldn't get the chests at all so I'd say its fair to let them have first pick of the contents.
    Blacksmiths can open them, any time I run with my buddy when we see locked chests and there is no rogue we don't tell anyone and open them up once everyone leaves the party. A locked chest belongs to whoever can/wants to open it for the group, you can easily lie about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Locknrollen View Post
    Youre still avoiding arguments thats been made all along. You cannot expect me to discuss this if you refuse to adress what i write.

Ofcourse you roll for the chest if engineers and blacksmiths open them.

And for example if you are in a raid or dungeon more valuable skins/ores/herbs are usually rolled for. The prestine hide of the beast was always rolled for back in the day, and hopefully is today aswell.
    Like I said, you don't have to open shit because you have the ability to, no one has the right to make a BS or Engineer open a chest if they don't want to for the group, you also do not have to tell people what your professions are if you don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    probably way faster than someone who's next upgrade is from MC

this is basically the "hunter weapon" equivalent for healers, just because you can use it, doesnt mean you should.

the only reason it is an upgrade for you, is because you're already wearing suboptimal gear
    that's your responsibility, not the dps's

dps loot is for dps
    heal loot is for healers

any green "of healing" item has more healing on it than any prebis caster dmg items.
    so yeah, it's you being an ass.
    That ship has sailed, frost mage. You guys had no problem rolling on all the +spirit cloth while leveling, I have no problem rolling on the spell damage stuff. Go AOE something.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Lockpicking isn't a profession, it's part of our class.
    LOL, lockpicking a profession xD sorry that actually made me laugh. No offense bois.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    What? If it is +healing/damage, then it still has my best stat on it. Your example would be a dps needing on an item that has +healing only, which is clearly them taking something that has stats that aren’t designed for them.

+damage only, I can see your point, but +healing/damage is fair game for both healers and dps.
    +healing is your best stat

healing/Damage has half the value as +healing so it is not, by any means of the word your best stat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    That ship has sailed, frost mage. You guys had no problem rolling on all the +spirit cloth while leveling, I have no problem rolling on the spell damage stuff. Go AOE something.
    I mean, spirit has value as frostmage.

and this clearly isnt about leveling, but actual pre raid bis items.

so maybe stay on topic?

or are you just mad at other classes when yours is just as fotm?

Is that true? Is there a source for that? Seems counterintuitive, I'm searching can't find anything.
    ???

which part?

if you mean that pure +healing is better than dmg/healing

I mean, just look at the items?

there is twice as much +healing on a similar level item as there is +dmg/healing

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    I mean, if the rogue wasn't there you wouldn't get the chests at all so I'd say its fair to let them have first pick of the contents.
    If the group wasn't there then the rogue wouldn't be able to pick it. Otherwise we would see rogues just go through dungeons lock picking to get gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    yes, you have to move into spot in which lockboxes spawn and farm them till they are grey, then move into a different spot with higher-level lockboxes (tho if lockpicking spot is level appropriate boxes are usually guarded sometimes by elites or a swarm of mobs )

this is totally different than fallowing a map from the mining guide for iron spawns and then moving into mithril spawning spot once iron is grey
    eveling skinning is even harder than that, you have to stop for a couple of seconds after killing a mob

again, it comes to personal time and effort. you cannot universally say which was easier

but if for a second I agree with your logic I can assume that engineer or bs doesn't have to share locked chest because his profession is harder to level, im right?

which is exactly how leveling mining or herbalism works

thank you.
    No matter who opens the chest, the gear should be rolled on. If you keep everything, you're a ninja-looting dick.

This isn’t something I would realize. I’d just see “damage and healing” and assume I could roll. I’m new to Vanilla and I’m not a player who does a ton of research, so it’s not exactly obvious.
    It's not quite double SP, but here are the pre bis mage pants lvl55 vs pre bis priest pants lvl50

The SP is still a decent chunk higher 17.6% and while they have 1 less int + stam they have a massive +18 spirit. So you can see healer items are massive by comparison.

Except the healer one's wont be touched (unless by an absolute sperg) by anyone other than the healer, where as the others will be rolled on by the other mage and warlock already in the group :P

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    Yeah, I'm not at all on the same page as you on this one bud.
    No one cares if you are or not.

If you do that sort of thing, you're an asshole. It's not subjective. You are, in fact, an asshole player if you do that.

This isn’t something I would realize. I’d just see “damage and healing” and assume I could roll. I’m new to Vanilla and I’m not a player who does a ton of research, so it’s not exactly obvious.
    You can roll on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    OP asks for it not to become a Classic Discussion, but just to comment on weird stuff in game with the video.

MMO-C forum prats turn it into a rant about Need vs Greed, BiS, optimisation, and their own ego. Hurrah for this forum!
    Then you dont post in a discussions forum but rather put it in your blog.
    Last edited by Annelie; 2019-10-01 at 01:10 AM.

probably way faster than someone who's next upgrade is from MC

this is basically the "hunter weapon" equivalent for healers, just because you can use it, doesnt mean you should.

the only reason it is an upgrade for you, is because you're already wearing suboptimal gear
    that's your responsibility, not the dps's

dps loot is for dps
    heal loot is for healers

any green "of healing" item has more healing on it than any prebis caster dmg items.
    so yeah, it's you being an ass.
    Speed of next upgrade is irrelevant. It has absolutely no bearing on whether someone should roll need an an item that is an upgrade.

A nice hunter would pass as a rogue would on range weapons. But they are both entirely entitled to roll on an upgrade.

It is his responsibility and getting a +spd item will increase his power. An item that is +spd is good for any caster. A healer is a caster. If blizzard intended for healers not to use spd to Inc their healing than it wouldn't. Just because you are in tears when a healer rightfully needs on an upgrade doesn't make it wrong.

+spd is not a dps stat. It is a caster stat. +healing is a healing stat. You can tell because healers and dps casters can use +spd but only healers can use +healing.

If it was true that any healing green was better than a +spd item then healers would never roll on them. Because you're having a big fat cry and spouting untruth proves that you have no idea what you are talking about or you are a blatant liar.

Prove that +spd items do nothing for healers or apologise to the community.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    OP asks for it not to become a Classic Discussion, but just to comment on weird stuff in game with the video.

MMO-C forum prats turn it into a rant about Need vs Greed, BiS, optimisation, and their own ego. Hurrah for this forum!
    So could you explain why it was posted on the Classic forum, when the classic forum has already dropped to below HALF the viewers of the retail general forum? It was always intended to be a classic discussion, actions speak louder than words.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Why wouldn't they? They are the ones who've gone to horrid grind to level up their lockpicking to be able to pick that chest. Not your self entitled ass.

The healers needing on spelldmg stuff when there are much stronger +healing items around for said slot is much worse.
    Then rogues can solo instances by themselves. It is that easy. Oh wait, almost every rogue can't. That's why they share and that is without talking about skeleton keys.

What morons don't understand is that an upgrade is an upgrade. Getting butthurt because a healer gets *your* item really speaks volumes about how entitled you are. This is not peewee soccer where everyone gets a trophy, kiddo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    ...and would you want to group with them again? There are greens "of healing" that are better than spell damage gear for pre-raid.
    Tha answer is obviously yes. They already have the item.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Any rogue that takes everything in the chest without sharing with the group deserves to be blacklisted and branded a ninja looter on a server. But unfortunately, unlike what most people claim, there is no fucking community like that in Classic.
    Wow. Do you even hear yourself. Remember when you claimed to have deleted your character because if being labelled a ninja?

"I once got kicked from a guild for questioning the raid leader playing favorites to their significant other. They then told the entire server I was a ninja looter to avoid me incriminating them. I had to delete my fucking character because I never got invited to another group again. I've seen other people suffer similar fates."

That's what you wrote. Explain yourself out of this one.
    why so mad bro

Comparing lockpicking to other professions is so fucking stupid. You will level lockpicking by just leveling your character. Professions both cost money to keep increasing as well as going around finding nodes. Once again, you're just trying to justify being greedy and selfish.
    HAHA, you think lockpicking just increases as you level? oh dear, you really are clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Then rogues can solo instances by themselves. It is that easy. Oh wait, almost every rogue can't. That's why they share and that is without talking about skeleton keys.

What morons don't understand is that an upgrade is an upgrade. Getting butthurt because a healer gets *your* item really speaks volumes about how entitled you are. This is not peewee soccer where everyone gets a trophy, kiddo.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Wow. Do you even hear yourself. Remember when you claimed to have deleted your character because if being labelled a ninja?

"I once got kicked from a guild for questioning the raid leader playing favorites to their significant other. They then told the entire server I was a ninja looter to avoid me incriminating them. I had to delete my fucking character because I never got invited to another group again. I've seen other people suffer similar fates."

That's what you wrote. Explain yourself out of this one.
    There is something really wrong with you. What I said has nothing to do with this thread. What happened to me was I was undeservingly labeled a ninja. Anyone who takes every items from a locked chest in a dungeon is ACTUALLY being a ninja. Go troll somewhere else.

That's your choice, obviously.

Let me give you a different example of greed.
    Our guild cleared MC tonight, the 2h sword (42 str and +8 sword skill) drops. We don't have any main spec users that use it so we let everyone roll on it for offspec, Paladins and Warriors roll and one of our healing paladins win it. Then one of the warriors start being upset that a paladin was even allowed to roll on it, saying that warriors have better use of it and so on. Mind you that the same guy being mad had also rolled on 1h dps weapons that dropped earlier, without winning, and is (like all other dps warriors) playing 1h fury- the far superior spec.

Greed and entitlement is bad in my opinion and from my experience. People who feel their needs go above the needs of others (again, imo) have failed to understand the dynamics of a guild, especially in Classic/Vanilla where so few items drop and so many people want loot.

Take another example, Robe of Volatile Power from Molten Core. 23 spelldamage and 2% spell crit.
    Clearly good for casters, but for Holy Paladins it's best in slot until AQ40 or Naxx- depending on your valuation on crit vs pure healing. Meanwhile caster dps will replace the robe before Zul'Gurub, so who's the better fit for the robe? Casters who replace in the next raid or healing paladins who will potentially keep it for the next 3 raids?

Same thing with the belt or whatever that dropped in a 5 man, just because something is a clear upgrade for you doesn't mean it's a bigger upgrade or a more important upgrade than it is for someone else in your group. Understanding that "there's no I in team" is step number one in my opinion, although there's one I in team- hidden in the A hole.

9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

There is something really wrong with you. What I said has nothing to do with this thread. What happened to me was I was undeservingly labeled a ninja. Anyone who takes every items from a locked chest in a dungeon is ACTUALLY being a ninja. Go troll somewhere else.
    This doesnt sound right at all - everyone who has been caught out as a ninja, or banned, or similar cries "i am innocent!" just like the joke about everyone in prison being innocent. But can we get back to your comment that lockpicking levels up as your character levels up?

....no? Just going to ignore how just a couple pages ago you said lockpicking isnt like other professions because it automatically levels up with you? Just pretend that never happened? Probably for the best to be fair.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2019-10-01 at 01:39 AM.

not when you'll get rid of it in a day because +healing items give double the value.

while the caster would probably use it for months.

it's just selfish and assholish

it's like taking a ranged weapon from a hunter as a rogue or warrior
    Hunters are needing Dal'Rend because it's their Pre-BiS.

Rogues are needing Blackcrow because it's their Pre-BiS.

The only time it may be frowned upon is if you're taking it from a guild member, but even then, not all guilds seem to be strict about this. If it's your Pre-BiS, you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    And...then you have ninjas/asshats like that. Yikes. Hope he gets slapped soon.
    What's worse? Ninjaing, not believing a random, or wishing physical harm on someone? Out of the three you are the worst. People like you are pathetic walk away. Attitudes like yours don't belong in civilised society.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    countered how exactly?

the opposite view is based on double standards which are wrong

while lockpicking as a skill is exclusive to rogues as an ability it is not and is shared with a profession - engineering and blacksmith.
    it is irrelevant if rogue lockpicking is not a profession because everyone treats it the same as engineering and blacksmith keys

so if you agree to not share profession loot/nodes (and this is the option picked by majority) you agree to not sharing chests
    if you want to share a chest you are also sharing herbs, skins and metal deposits

both ways are fine as long as you stick with it for the entire run without creating arbitrary double standards
    You are wrong.

Neither is fine. As someone who was actually there, people rolled for dungeon herbs or mining nodes if they had that appropriate skills. Skinning was first in, first served. Period. Loot boxes were always rolled. Always. Period. This is the way it was, and remember. I actually played in vanilla, not like all these tryhards that have tried to pass their head cannon off as truth.

Here is why.

Mats are common. You didn't level that profession, you don't get it. Miners and herbalers did so it's theirs.

Skinners are free for all because the node is very very common. Fuck rolling on that every fucking time so just free for all.

Lock boxes are group loot. It is similar to a boss. It can contain an item that is far more valuable than mats. It can also contain several nodes worth of mats. Everyone that is involved is entitled to the contents.

All of the above is your common sense global rules, deviation from this is known as "ninjaing" and as TheRevanentOne knows, once you get called a ninja it is mandatory to delete your character. Message him. He will tell you all about his head cannon.

Note; groups can agree to their own rules to bypass the general dungeon proceedure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Locknrollen View Post
    And for example if you are in a raid or dungeon more valuable skins/ores/herbs are usually rolled for. The prestine hide of the beast was always rolled for back in the day, and hopefully is today aswell.
    No they weren't. The global rules apply everywhere, even in a world first naxx clear run. Mats like that were only shared if the group had established rules made prior to the running of such content. An example would be "by the way, we roll on hide, don't agree? Then piss off. Ok let's start." or "all mats and drops go to the guild".

- - - Updated - - -

+healing is your best stat

healing/Damage has half the value as +healing so it is not, by any means of the word your best stat.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, spirit has value as frostmage.

and this clearly isnt about leveling, but actual pre raid bis items.

so maybe stay on topic?

or are you just mad at other classes when yours is just as fotm?
    LOL. Fotm? Mages are flavour of the fucking game? Go aoe something, vendorboy.

No one argues that healing is not better, but you're arguing that you deserve loot more than somebody else....for frostbolting constantly. No one gives a shit about your bis list. An upgrade is an upgrade and believe it or not, looking like a self centred asshole on a fan website does not mean you have loot priority in a pug.

*Throws 60s on the ground for you to scramble on your knees to pick up* "Ironforge portalboy"

- - - Updated - - -

No. What you said was that you were forced to delete your toon. The lying is unbelievable. You actually said it. There is a record of you saying it. And you're going to just sit here and lie like that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    That's your choice, obviously.

Let me give you a different example of greed.
    Our guild cleared MC tonight, the 2h sword (42 str and +8 sword skill) drops. We don't have any main spec users that use it so we let everyone roll on it for offspec, Paladins and Warriors roll and one of our healing paladins win it. Then one of the warriors start being upset that a paladin was even allowed to roll on it, saying that warriors have better use of it and so on. Mind you that the same guy being mad had also rolled on 1h dps weapons that dropped earlier, without winning, and is (like all other dps warriors) playing 1h fury- the far superior spec.

Greed and entitlement is bad in my opinion and from my experience. People who feel their needs go above the needs of others (again, imo) have failed to understand the dynamics of a guild, especially in Classic/Vanilla where so few items drop and so many people want loot.

Take another example, Robe of Volatile Power from Molten Core. 23 spelldamage and 2% spell crit.
    Clearly good for casters, but for Holy Paladins it's best in slot until AQ40 or Naxx- depending on your valuation on crit vs pure healing. Meanwhile caster dps will replace the robe before Zul'Gurub, so who's the better fit for the robe? Casters who replace in the next raid or healing paladins who will potentially keep it for the next 3 raids?

Same thing with the belt or whatever that dropped in a 5 man, just because something is a clear upgrade for you doesn't mean it's a bigger upgrade or a more important upgrade than it is for someone else in your group. Understanding that "there's no I in team" is step number one in my opinion, although there's one I in team- hidden in the A hole.

Your examples are completely irrelevant. They talk about a completely different scenario with different rules. As for who gets the caster item? Depends on your priority. In my guild it would just be a straight roll. Gear is never the reason why bosses are killed, not dying and following instructions are. No one deserves gear. It's a team effort.

Your belt argument seems like it's agreeing with me but done in a disagreeing tone. I'm not going to guess what you mean, but thanks for backing me up.
    why so mad bro

What's worse? Ninjaing, not believing a random, or wishing physical harm on someone? Out of the three you are the worst. People like you are pathetic walk away. Attitudes like yours don't belong in civilised society.

- - - Updated - - -

You are wrong.

Neither is fine. As someone who was actually there, people rolled for dungeon herbs or mining nodes if they had that appropriate skills. Skinning was first in, first served. Period. Loot boxes were always rolled. Always. Period. This is the way it was, and remember. I actually played in vanilla, not like all these tryhards that have tried to pass their head cannon off as truth.

Here is why.

Mats are common. You didn't level that profession, you don't get it. Miners and herbalers did so it's theirs.

Skinners are free for all because the node is very very common. Fuck rolling on that every fucking time so just free for all.

Lock boxes are group loot. It is similar to a boss. It can contain an item that is far more valuable than mats. It can also contain several nodes worth of mats. Everyone that is involved is entitled to the contents.

All of the above is your common sense global rules, deviation from this is known as "ninjaing" and as TheRevanentOne knows, once you get called a ninja it is mandatory to delete your character. Message him. He will tell you all about his head cannon.

Note; groups can agree to their own rules to bypass the general dungeon proceedure.

- - - Updated - - -

No they weren't. The global rules apply everywhere, even in a world first naxx clear run. Mats like that were only shared if the group had established rules made prior to the running of such content. An example would be "by the way, we roll on hide, don't agree? Then piss off. Ok let's start." or "all mats and drops go to the guild".

- - - Updated - - -

LOL. Fotm? Mages are flavour of the fucking game? Go aoe something, vendorboy.

No one argues that healing is not better, but you're arguing that you deserve loot more than somebody else....for frostbolting constantly. No one gives a shit about your bis list. An upgrade is an upgrade and believe it or not, looking like a self centred asshole on a fan website does not mean you have loot priority in a pug.

*Throws 60s on the ground for you to scramble on your knees to pick up* "Ironforge portalboy"

- - - Updated - - -

No. What you said was that you were forced to delete your toon. The lying is unbelievable. You actually said it. There is a record of you saying it. And you're going to just sit here and lie like that?

- - - Updated - - -

Your examples are completely irrelevant. They talk about a completely different scenario with different rules. As for who gets the caster item? Depends on your priority. In my guild it would just be a straight roll. Gear is never the reason why bosses are killed, not dying and following instructions are. No one deserves gear. It's a team effort.

Your belt argument seems like it's agreeing with me but done in a disagreeing tone. I'm not going to guess what you mean, but thanks for backing me up.
    No you misread what I said and went foaming at the mouth crazy. what I actually said was I decided to delete the character because I deemed it a dead character. Learn how to read or piss off.