Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Old infractions on settings page.

In 2012, I posted to gripe about something on one of the game forums without thinking about the proper solution and got an infraction for it.

That was seven years ago and it’s still incredibly embarrassing. I’d like to think I’ve become a wiser person since then. Yet it’s still there every time I look at my settings. Would it be unreasonable to have an “Infraction History” tab under the settings for something that old?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not entirely sure what you are asking, but most infractions expire after a few months. A listing on your profile for a seven year old infraction is literally only there for history/records and isn't held against you in any way. Additionally, no one can see your infractions on your profile but you and moderators/admins.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Additionally, no one can see your infractions on your profile but you and moderators/admins.
    That is comforting to know. About 4 years ago, I got an infraction for something I said that I wouldn't say today. Please don't change the infraction policy from the way it is now. It is an interesting window into just how much my opinions have changed over the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    That is comforting to know. About 4 years ago, I got an infraction for something I said that I wouldn't say today. Please don't change the infraction policy from the way it is now. It is an interesting window into just how much my opinions have changed over the past few years.
    A lot of times the original comment is left and "Infracted" is added to it, so posting this is just going to get people searching through your comments.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It’s not other people seeing it I’m worried about- I know they can’t. It’s just embarrassing to have to see it every time I update my sig. My suggestion is to have a separate tab in Settings called “Moderation History” or something for expired infractions. Hopefully that makes more sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Bobblehead View Post
    It’s not other people seeing it I’m worried about- I know they can’t. It’s just embarrassing to have to see it every time I update my sig. My suggestion is to have a separate tab in Settings called “Moderation History” or something for expired infractions. Hopefully that makes more sense.
    You shouldn't be able to see your moderated posts when you go in to change your signatures.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    You shouldn't be able to see your moderated posts when you go in to change your signatures.
    I think he means when he clicks on Settings he can see it before he goes in to edit his Sig. Like I can see my "Sig too big" infraction under all subscribed threads.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

15+ Year Old Account
    In 2012, I posted to gripe about something on one of the game forums without thinking about the proper solution and got an infraction for it.

That was seven years ago and it’s still incredibly embarrassing. I’d like to think I’ve become a wiser person since then. Yet it’s still there every time I look at my settings. Would it be unreasonable to have an “Infraction History” tab under the settings for something that old?
    With that attitude, everyone is going to own you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I think he means when he clicks on Settings he can see it before he goes in to edit his Sig. Like I can see my "Sig too big" infraction under all subscribed threads.
    Huh, interesting. When I press settings, I have no means to see my infractions unless recently but they aren't. I have to click my name (or 'My Profile') for the profile to see the above tabs ('About Me', 'Friends', 'Infractions', 'Mentions', 'Quotes', and 'Post Areas'.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I wait, now I know what you mean.

You would like them to make it a pre-hidden tab, or an activated tab in the menu, for the field located under 'Subscribed Threads with new posts' (https://www.mmo-champion.com/usercp.php). I see it now, never noticed it was there to be honest. Secondary box named, 'Latest Infractions Received (Note: Expire dates are for points, not bans)'.

- - - Updated - - -

But then again, it is your mistakes after all, can't sweep it all under the carpet.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I like the list. I reminds me to be good.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

If you're really that fragile, the internet might not be a safe place for you.
    But hey, at least it's a reminder of what not to do or say.

I dunno, I don't really think it's a big deal. I have one infraction and honestly I 100% stand by what I got infracted for, so screw it, badge of honor. I'm honestly surprised I don't have more.

Nobody can see it except you, so just ignore that tab. Maybe use it as motivation to not say stuff that might not age well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the discussion has veered, I'm closing this now. The suggestion has been seen.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |