Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    And why wouldn't they?
    Why wouldn't they throw a childish hissy fit? LOL.

Dunno why you're determined to prove that you aren't up to the level of discourse of a 16 year old girl, but congrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Why wouldn't they throw a childish hissy fit? LOL.

Dunno why you're determined to prove that you aren't up to the level of discourse of a 16 year old girl, but congrats.
    Criticising a teen for lecturing others when they have no real world experience is not having a "childish hissy fit". It's called being pragmatic. As I said before, come back with a viable economic plan to institute the changes necessary. Yelling how dare you isn't going to do shit and is a waste of time... that's the whole point here.

There's a reason why 16 year olds can't vote... or aren't legally allowed to drink.
    To be fair, that depends on countries, some do allow those things at age 16. But in respect to the trend of ever lengthening adolescence, I find it hard to understand the advocacy for granting voting to 16 year olds, if anything most 18 or even 21 year old nowadays are not what they used to be.
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    She writes her own speeches made in online classes with her tutors.
    Yes, I know full well her tutors write speeches for her and train her well in what she has to say to make people go "awww". It shows.

- - - Updated - - -

Criticising a teen for lecturing others when they have no real world experience is not having a "childish hissy fit". It's called being pragmatic. As I said before, come back with a viable economic plan to institute the changes necessary. Yelling how dare you isn't going to do shit and is a waste of time... that's the whole point here.
    Pretty much. All in all it's just a bunch of cheap populism, the same kind of Brexit or even Trump. Talk big, pout and scream and sell your crap to unwashed masses because it's "cool".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    Hm, I dont see climate screechers attacking China, but conveniently ignoring it...
    Gee, we're focused on countries that might listen rather than the one that won't? Huh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    The Sun is rapidly expending all of its fuel. It will very soon begin to grow into a red giant, swallow the Earth, and kill us all. What are all of your brilliant scientists doing to stop that?
    Is there a point you're trying to make here?

Also, all the brilliant scientists are looking at space exploration. We have millions of years to work this problem out. Meanwhile, climate change is set to be a real serious problem in decades. Less than a century.

Liberals are reproducing at an unsustainable rate. The way things are going, there will be so many liberals in a few years that every single liberal will be boycotting every other liberal for wrongthink because their think is not the correct brand of rightthink. They will begin to cannibalize each other, and then the zombie apocalypse happens, but none of us will have any guns to fight off the zombies.
    Insert Billy Madison quote about people being dumber for having to listen to that here.
    Putin khuliyo

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The idea that a 16 year old actually has any hand in organizing "climate strikes" is about as believable as the Parkland Highschool students organizing "March for our lives", can we just at least stop with that pretend story?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Putting aside how these countries have Western-installed puppet regimes.
    Having a puppet regime is a definition of failed state, so that only proves my point

Ignore him please.
    It's what he does with science...ignores it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Awww, a 16-year-old has had enough. Cute.
    But I'm not amused.

Had enough? She was scheduled for a speech in Iowa, until some dumbshit commented on shooting her;

Waterloo teacher on leave after "sniper rifle" comment about Greta Thunberg visit

A Waterloo teacher who made a social media comment about a sniper rifle on a post about climate activist Greta Thunberg visiting Iowa City has been placed on leave.

The District said Matt Baish has been placed on administrative leave as it investigates the comment. Baish is listed as a science teacher at Waterloo West High School.

In a post on Facebook regarding Thunberg's visit, Baish had commented: "Don't have my sniper rifle".

Iowa City police say they will have heightened security at Friday's event. Thunberg is scheduled to speak at a climate march at noon in downtown Iowa City. Thunberg, 16 of Sweden, has stirred controversy in her direct and blunt approach to calling for reforms around climate change and protecting the environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Had enough? She was scheduled for a speech in Iowa, until some dumbshit commented on shooting her;

Waterloo teacher on leave after "sniper rifle" comment about Greta Thunberg visit

A Waterloo teacher who made a social media comment about a sniper rifle on a post about climate activist Greta Thunberg visiting Iowa City has been placed on leave.

The District said Matt Baish has been placed on administrative leave as it investigates the comment. Baish is listed as a science teacher at Waterloo West High School.

In a post on Facebook regarding Thunberg's visit, Baish had commented: "Don't have my sniper rifle".

Iowa City police say they will have heightened security at Friday's event. Thunberg is scheduled to speak at a climate march at noon in downtown Iowa City. Thunberg, 16 of Sweden, has stirred controversy in her direct and blunt approach to calling for reforms around climate change and protecting the environment.

JFC, I wouldn't even say that if Donald Trump himself was coming to my town, because I'm not retarded and I understand words have consequences.

Not only would I not advocate violence against people I don't like politically, I would also be silent about it if I did.
    Putin khuliyo

Imagine being so fucking insane on right wing propaganda that you think shooting a 16 year old girl is a reasonable response to her saying climate change is bad.

Criticising a teen for lecturing others when they have no real world experience is not having a "childish hissy fit".
    You literally asked me why they wouldn't throw a childish hissy fit lol.

And in any case, that's an ad hominem argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Because the have failed to run their own country so they just want to enjoy the fruits of other country's labour?
    LOL, imagine being this easily manipulated by far right propaganda.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2019-10-05 at 01:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

Yeah man, if only he had said his wood chipper it would have been fine.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Having a puppet regime is a definition of failed state, so that only proves my point
    So you're saying it's their fault that you voted for a government that overthrew their democratically elected leaders?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're saying it's their fault that you voted for a government that overthrew their democratically elected leaders?
    I am saying it's their fault that they don't defend themselves and let their government be overthrown. And why are you suddenly blaming me for voting for Obama as if I could have ever done that?

I am saying it's their fault that they don't defend themselves and let their government be overthrown. And why are you suddenly blaming me for voting for Obama as if I could have ever done that?
    Traditionally, when someone does something bad to someone else, that’s the fault of the person doing the bad thing.

So do gentiles not get taught basic ethics? Because something’s going on here.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    The fact is that if the hundreds of thousands of people taking the day off to protest about climate change these past days all across the world went outside with a garbage bag and picked up trash, theyd actually make a difference. But these days activists dont actually do shit, they just scream loudly that others need to do things for them.
    Historically that's what activists have done to change something. Putting pressure on politicians to speed up changes is usually how you get shit done.

Let the brat enjoy her 15 mins of fame, get a Nobel and say "how dare you!" a thousand more times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    Let the brat enjoy her 15 mins of fame, get a Nobel and say "how dare you!" a thousand more times.
    Yeah, she started protesting back in August of 2018 because she wanted fame. I mean she couldn't possibly have a vested interest in mitigating the effects of climate change over the next 50 years. /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You literally asked me why they wouldn't throw a childish hissy fit lol.
    No, I asked you why wouldn't they slander her age.

And in any case, that's an ad hominem argument.
    No it isn't. A 16 year old with no real life experience is not someone people should take seriously on this issue... her lack of experience makes her words a lot less meaningful, particularly because she doesn't offer any solutions to the problem. Which is to be expected - a 16 year old doesn't know shit about most things. Why should people not bring her age up in this instance? She's no child prodigy with some sort of super intellect, she's parroting from a script which basically amounts to whinging.

She is better off staying in school, studying the problem at an academic institution and eventually participate is solving the complex economic hurdles that come with mass societal change. Will she actually be doing that when she grows up, or continue shouting without actually doing anything? The crux of the issue here is what is she actually contributing to this problem that hasn't already been explored and discussed by millions of people, particularly those in fields that could actually do something about it?

Changing society's behaviour for the better is going to involve a lot of time and effort, involving the economic growth necessary so things like electric cars and solar panels can be more affordable to the majority of the world's population. A 16 year old child bleating in front of a UN summit isn't going to do that.