Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
18
... LastLast
  1. #141
    The Insane PC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    16,430
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    1. It's not "environmental pristine", it's "preventing total ecological collapse".
    There's no reason to think that will happen though. What happens during times of change is the specialists species die-off and then the generalist species expand into the newly sparsified regions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    2. This is an argument for degrowth and the total decimation of capitalism.
    There's the degrowth strategy and then there's the innovation(techno-fix) strategy. Innovation is the best strategy regardless of political will, but I'd also argue that realistically degrowth isn't even on the table because the math doesn't work out unless the degrowth is implemented in Africa and Southern and Eastern Asia. Which only the most hardcore environmentalists would have the audacity to suggest that.
    Last edited by PC2; 2019-09-30 at 04:09 AM.
    -------
    Fun fact of the month:
    Anything that is not specifically forbidden by a law of nature is achievable given the right knowledge.

  2. #142
    I've only seen her being attacked by Trump like supporters on social media.

    I like to join politics, conspiracy pages etc. on FB because I like seeing the stupidity of humans, all the people I see attacking this girl are the same ones that are pro trump, or pro tommy robinson, pro boris johnson etc.

    No idea why grown adults get threatened by a child saying to listen to climate experts.

    Don't like how she's being used though, but it's the people who are giving her hate, are just giving her more exposure and extending her 15 minutes of fame. No one would be talking about her now if it wasn't for the mass hate she received.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I've only seen her being attacked by Trump like supporters on social media.

    I like to join politics, conspiracy pages etc. on FB because I like seeing the stupidity of humans, all the people I see attacking this girl are the same ones that are pro trump, or pro tommy robinson, pro boris johnson etc.

    No idea why grown adults get threatened by a child saying to listen to climate experts.

    Don't like how she's being used though, but it's the people who are giving her hate, are just giving her more exposure and extending her 15 minutes of fame. No one would be talking about her now if it wasn't for the mass hate she received.
    Because they think she is being used as a prop, not that she actually has these thoughts or feelings herself.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Because they think she is being used as a prop, not that she actually has these thoughts or feelings herself.
    I would target the people using her, not the child.

    But at the same time, I wouldn't attack anyone for saying, listen to climate experts.

    edit: Thanks for the link in your sig.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2019-09-30 at 11:17 AM.

  5. #145
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    12,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I would target the people using her, not the child.

    But at the same time, I wouldn't attack anyone for saying, listen to climate experts.

    edit: Thanks for the link in your sig.
    That's what I did, it got me banned for 2 weeks on a Reddit page. I find it reprehensible that people are using a child with Autism to try and push their agenda. Frankly, we don't need a child to tell us that our environment is fucked. That said, I find it funny how so many politicians are pro population growth yet they expect to reduce their environmental impact. You can't have both, it's one or the other. And if we have some population reduction, that's good for the environment, hell, there's a few countries that could do with going negative on their growth for a generation.

    Congrats to the 11 fools who made the ignore list, your ignorance knows no bounds, bravo!

  6. #146
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    22,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I have become such a fan of this girl for the mere fact she is pissing off climate change denies and the far right. It's such a joy watching people be so angry at a girl, the icing on the cake is when she just put Trumps tweet into her bio on twitter. xD

    Give her all the awards...
    She hasn't said anything which pisses me off. I do not take her comments serous enough, as a lot of the young, have a lot of growing up to do. Would not surprise me if she has a older adult proof reading her tweets.
    " America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    - Abraham Lincoln
    The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference – they deserve a place of honor with all that’s good.”
    – George Washington.

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Because they think she is being used as a prop, not that she actually has these thoughts or feelings herself.
    Well, I mean, she is being used as a prop, so.......

  8. #148
    Mechagnome Yadryonych's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Матушка Россия
    Posts
    560
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    So if the wolves aren't there, we don't need to barricade ourselves from the people fleeing them, correct?
    More like we don't need those yelling lunatics near our houses.

    And if you meant the wall that stops immigrants, I'm pretty sure you don't let hobos in your house when it rains outside, I don't see why a nation should act differently, unless unemployment rate is negative and employers skyrocket salaries struggling to find a pair of capable hands
    Last edited by Yadryonych; 2019-09-30 at 05:31 PM.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Because the wolves are there and you lot keep on ignoring them.
    Hm, I dont see climate screechers attacking China, but conveniently ignoring it...
    I don't mind if you call me or another Trump supporter racist/fascist...

    but please stop wearing a wig, dress and your mom's panties
    and throttle your soy consumption

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    Hm, I dont see climate screechers attacking China, but conveniently ignoring it...
    No one ignores China.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    We're gonna Godwin so much you might even get tired of Godwinning

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Well, I mean, she is being used as a prop, so.......
    You think she is being used as a prop, but maybe she is just smarter than the people that think she is being used as a prop. And not really surprising, coming from you that you think she is.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    Hm, I dont see climate screechers attacking China, but conveniently ignoring it...
    China is at least attempting to reduce their emissions, we are not, Trump is making them worse. But then again, look at your bullshit signature.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    You think she is being used as a prop, but maybe she is just smarter than the people that think she is being used as a prop. And not really surprising, coming from you that you think she is.

    - - - Updated - - -



    China is at least attempting to reduce their emissions, we are not, Trump is making them worse. But then again, look at your bullshit signature.
    What isn't surprising is you having no valid input into this thread other than "I know you are but what am I?".

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    What isn't surprising is you having no valid input into this thread other than "I know you are but what am I?".
    There isn't much else to say to someone that doesn't know shit about what he is talking about. Which if you didn't know, that is you.

  14. #154

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Only fools listen to a child who knows absolutely nothing as far as solutions for climate change.
    Funny that, since that's....what's the term...the point.

    People like Greta Thunberg and David Hogg should not *have* to be the ones standing up and demanding a change. Adults and their elected officials should be the ones discussing and proposing solutions for what is probably the most pressing crisis of our time...but instead they're busy fucking around on social media attacking teenagers for having opinions, or insulting swathes of people by suggesting folks suffering from mental illness cannot have informed opinions.

    Nobody takes your criticisms of her positions seriously because we're all wise to the fact none of you are interested in actually discussing climate change, you just want people to shut up about it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    "Ha ha look at that mentally ill little girl being used as a pawn to sell a silly message. Now excuse me while I go and enjoy a nice can of Nestle™ Diet Air since my five minute talking break at the Amazon warehouse is almost up, and I'm feeling a little light headed from all the smog and lead poisoning. But at least I'm not a sheep!"
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2019-09-30 at 11:01 PM.

    Delenda Est.

  16. #156
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    22,166
    Yes. I am one of the few here who can remember how bad the smog was in some cities. Esp. Los Angeles. The regulations put into place have helped for sure. Cleaner coal burning plants and more shift to natural gas. Also, cleaner vehicle emissions. It's a lot better now than it use to be. Plastic pollution is something which needs to be tackled more however.
    " America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    - Abraham Lincoln
    The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference – they deserve a place of honor with all that’s good.”
    – George Washington.

  17. #157
    Dreadlord wunksta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    983
    Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    Hm, I dont see climate screechers attacking China, but conveniently ignoring it...
    So when people criticize other countries, they say 'clean up your own country first'. When people criticize their own countries, they say 'what about China?'.

    People also forget that the US and EU had a huge head start in emissions, and even while the US and EU are reducing their total emissions to be less than China's total emissions, the US and UK are still responsible for the majority of emissions in the first place. It's also hilarious to expect a country with a much higher population to have lower emissions than the US. For only having 300~ million people, the US has significantly higher emissions than China per capita.

    In any case, China isn't being ignored and has been trying to clean up their emissions, especially since they suffer some of the worst results of it.

    OT: We need more focus on nuclear energy.

  18. #158
    The Insane Masark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    16,465
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    OT: We need more focus on nuclear energy.
    If you want nuclear, figure out how to make it cost less than triple what renewables do. Delivering on time would be a bonus.

    Otherwise any "nuclear renaissance" will continue to break itself on the rocks of financial reality.

    Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Criticism of her or what she believes in? First, why would you criticise her, also second why would you criticise what she believes in?

    'But she's mentally ill' I hear you say

    But whats that go to do with anything, its just cutting the nose to spite the face. Why is criticising her so important to the facts she's telling, and the problems her generation is dealing (going to be dealing) with.
    The Sun is rapidly expending all of its fuel. It will very soon begin to grow into a red giant, swallow the Earth, and kill us all. What are all of your brilliant scientists doing to stop that?

    Liberals are reproducing at an unsustainable rate. The way things are going, there will be so many liberals in a few years that every single liberal will be boycotting every other liberal for wrongthink because their think is not the correct brand of rightthink. They will begin to cannibalize each other, and then the zombie apocalypse happens, but none of us will have any guns to fight off the zombies.

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    The Sun is rapidly expending all of its fuel. It will very soon begin to grow into a red giant, swallow the Earth, and kill us all. What are all of your brilliant scientists doing to stop that?
    6 billion years is "Soon" huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Liberals Conservatives are reproducing at an unsustainable rate.
    Fixed.
    After all the "liberals" aren't afraid of abortions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •