Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    She chose to enter the environmental policy debate which means she's fair game for criticism. If a child is too young for public criticism then she should avoid taking policy stances. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    You're quite right, and all her opponents needed to do was make some reasonable statements about how they appreciate her passion but there are complexities to the issue blah blah blah.

Instead they had a childish hissy fit and slandered her age, mental health, appearance, etc.

It's like they're on a mission to prove to everyone that they're unfit for public debate, and have a mental age younger than a 16 year old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    You found the bold functionality? Great! Let me take a shot:

vs

Yeah, it's great that we can go much longer with CURRENT CONSUMPTION RATES. What i was talking about is switching our power generation to nuclear power, which will burn through our reserves pretty fast.

Thanks for playing, anyway.
    If all homes and businesses were self sufficient it would big a big start, they should be created so by law with all new homes.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    You know the problem about nuclear energy? It is not fucking renewable. Switching to nuclear energy, we burn through our Uranium in about 70 years... and then what?
    Uranium isn't the only fuel for nuclear reactors. There's also thorium which is way more abundant than uranium and produces less waste and is more cost effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    More like we don't need those yelling lunatics near our houses.

And if you meant the wall that stops immigrants, I'm pretty sure you don't let hobos in your house when it rains outside, I don't see why a nation should act differently, unless unemployment rate is negative and employers skyrocket salaries struggling to find a pair of capable hands
    Again, why would there be migrants in the first place if there's no climate crisis to flee?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Again, why would there be migrants in the first place if there's no climate crisis to flee?
    Because the have failed to run their own country so they just want to enjoy the fruits of other country's labour?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Instead they had a childish hissy fit and slandered her age
    And why wouldn't they? Not many people like being lectured by a 16 year old with little life experience, where her words are constructed by her parents or handlers.

She whines but offers no solutions, especially when it comes to the world's biggest polluters.

It's like they're on a mission to prove to everyone that they're unfit for public debate, and have a mental age younger than a 16 year old.
    There's a reason why 16 year olds can't vote... or aren't legally allowed to drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    And why wouldn't they? Not many people like being lectured by a 16 year old with little life experience, where her words are constructed by her parents or handlers.
    They deserved that lecture.
    She whines but offers no solutions, especially when it comes to the world's biggest polluters.
    16yrs old is good enough to be a voice.
    But a politician or scientist? It's no wonder she "whines" when the likes of your ilk continue to fuck up the planet she's going to inherit.
    There's a reason why 16 year olds can't vote... or aren't legally allowed to drink.
    And when can vote, you'll be the one whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    16yrs old is good enough to be a voice.
    No it isn't. Unless they're some kind of child prodigy, the average 16 year old is vastly uneducated and has no real-life experience.

But a politician or scientist? It's no wonder she "whines" when the likes of your ilk continue to fuck up the planet she's going to inherit.
    My ilk? Already making assumptions about me I see. You know nothing about my position on such matters, and it's quite rich that you're accusing me of fucking up the planet. How do you think your computer/smartphone was made and delivered so that you may purchase or use it?

And when can vote, you'll be the one whining.
    No?

See, I fundamentally do not disagree with her message. I just don't agree with the delivery and using a child as some kind of political pawn. She comes across as sanctimonious and obnoxious. Demanding things from people when you haven't even finished high school is not a particularly good way to incite change, that's not how you convince people to change. Most people do not appreciate being lectured by a high school student that has little clue of how economies work, she probably has never worked a day in her life.

Come back to me when she stays in school to study engineering and proposes/helps with solutions, rather than yell "how dare you" from a script.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demanding things from people when you haven't even finished high school is not a particularly good way to incite change
    "Demanding things". Pathetic.

You're saying that as if she's asking for free tuition and not...you know...being able to continue to live in a stable society and a hospitable climate. What you are doing here is nothing more than tone policing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    According to this article, that is far short of the time it will last....https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...deposits-last/

According to the NEA, identified uranium resources total 5.5 million metric tons, and an additional 10.5 million metric tons remain undiscovered—a roughly 230-year supply at today's consumption rate in total. Further exploration and improvements in extraction technology are likely to at least double this estimate over time.

Two technologies could greatly extend the uranium supply itself. Neither is economical now, but both could be in the future if the price of uranium increases substantially. First, the extraction of uranium from seawater would make available 4.5 billion metric tons of uranium—a 60,000-year supply at present rates. Second, fuel-recycling fast-breeder reactors, which generate more fuel than they consume, would use less than 1 percent of the uranium needed for current LWRs. Breeder reactors could match today's nuclear output for 30,000 years using only the NEA-estimated supplies.
    I mean.. "scientists" also thought we would be out of oil long by the year 2000.

https://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/weve...-ce-1668986354

Even if Uranium got us through the next 100 years, that gives 100 years more to find better sources.

This thread would be better titled :

"Watch UN Puppeteers, Random and Sundry Carbon Credit Traders (TRAITORS) / Investors, And Complicit Psuedo Scientists (more accurately Science Fictionalists) traumatize Greta Thunberg and our worlds children into believing in an imminent apocalypse, while the INFORMED and DISCERNING MASSES who TRULY care about the welfare of this CLEARLY ABUSED LITTLE GIRL", attempt to reverse the DAMAGE DONE BY PROFITEERING POWER CRAZED CRIMINALS!

Do the math. Jail the MISINFORMATION criminals. Remain FREE MEN AND WOMEN!

- - - Updated - - -

The reality of Greta being used as an actress / pawn in order to invoke emotional responses as opposed to rational responses is clear in the following interview where she had no criminal George Sorros funded script to read from... Deal with this reality folks...

youtube.com/watch?v=0bwLt_5t73g

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Corruption 101 View Post
    This thread would be better titled :

"Watch UN Puppeteers, Random and Sundry Carbon Credit Traders (TRAITORS) / Investors, And Complicit Psuedo Scientists (more accurately Science Fictionalists) traumatize Greta Thunberg and our worlds children into believing in an imminent apocalypse, while the INFORMED and DISCERNING MASSES who TRULY care about the welfare of this CLEARLY ABUSED LITTLE GIRL", attempt to reverse the DAMAGE DONE BY PROFITEERING POWER CRAZED CRIMINALS!

Do the math. Jail the MISINFORMATION criminals. Remain FREE MEN AND WOMEN!

- - - Updated - - -

The reality of Greta being used as an actress / pawn in order to invoke emotional responses as opposed to rational responses is clear in the following interview where she had no criminal George Sorros funded script to read from... Deal with this reality folks...

youtube.com/watch?v=0bwLt_5t73g
    What the actual fuck are you talking about? Are you Trump's twitter feed come to life? Full of conspiracy theories and bullshit buzzwords?

lol.. Nah... Im not a conspiracy theorist cuz I stopped watching mainstream media years ago. Now I do the math myself instead of being force fed the lies and conspiracy theories by the criminals pulling the strings ..like "The Insane" allow...lol

Albert Einstein said this:

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."

This beautiful young girl has a condition called "aspurgers syndrome". It is characterized by "having an obsessive focus on one topic". Her self proclaimed activist parents and other agendized / manipulative adults have "wound her up" on this "climate apocalypse topic". Those "authorities" in her life have capitalized on her condition, innocence, and respect for them.

....hence... out of human empathy, our worlds population is now being "shamed" and deceived into same obsession with an apocalyptic delusion created by criminals, and amplified by a sweet girls conditional obsession.

There is a special place in Hell for her puppetmasters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Only fools listen to a child who knows absolutely nothing as far as solutions for climate change.
    This.

Basically some adults with interests are hiding behind some sheltered kid to make people go "awwww".

If you want to listen to real talk by a guy who knows a thing or two and does not hide behind children - it is here: Professor Hans Rosling - Magic Washing Machine. Professor Hans Rosling is also from Sweden, if it helps. I think it's a thing.

He is all for environment, but does not live in a dreamland. People touting environment are all high and mighty, but then they take their keys, get into their cars, drive to their well lit houses filled with appliances made out of plastics that gob electricity by the truckloads and think they are some environment saints trying to dictate to others how to be eco-friendly.

It's good to care about environment, we have to be conscious, but the way to do it is to develop cheap technologies that allow effective use of renewable energy, while at the same time making our appliances, that nobody is going to give up btw, much more environment-friendly. Not by telling people from emerging economies to not frikkin' warm themselves in winter.

The real solution is doubling down on developing these green energy means to the point where they are truly competing with the 'ole burning corpse juice for power even for countries that don't have a buck to their name. Right now we're not there yet.

"Until they (the likes of Greta "Silverspoon") have the same energy consumption per person (as less fortunate souls) they shouldn't give advice to others on what to do and what not to do." - Professor Rosling.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2019-10-03 at 08:09 AM.

Exactly!

Did you know that the yacht Greta sailed over the ocean on, consumed 3x the carbon necessary by getting it flown back? Typical smoke and mirrors...

- - - Updated - - -

I can tell that you are a liberal due to your "tolerance", insults and cussing.

- - - Updated - - -

AND the insanity of all this climate hysteria is that CARBON DIOXIDE FEEDS THE PLANTS THAT CREATE AND FILTER THE AIR WE BREATHE!

Orbitus, with all due respect my friend...Please take the time and make the effort to research the other sides' position, and debate them respectfully with facts as opposed to attempting to demean, demonize, and intimidate them.

Because the lame ass Saul Alinsky playbook "Rules For Radicals" strategy is boring us. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    This.

Basically some adults with interests are hiding behind some sheltered kid to make people go "awwww".

If you want to listen to real talk by a guy who knows a thing or two and does not hide behind children - it is here: Professor Hans Rosling - Magic Washing Machine. Professor Hans Rosling is also from Sweden, if it helps. I think it's a thing.

He is all for environment, but does not live in a dreamland. People touting environment are all high and mighty, but then they take their keys, get into their cars, drive to their well lit houses filled with appliances made out of plastics that gob electricity by the truckloads and think they are some environment saints trying to dictate to others how to be eco-friendly.
    *sips tea*

Kinda like how you think you're the climate realist saint and that entitles you to belittle others for their advocacy? I refer to a fairly well known comic. This is your argument:

The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    *sips tea*

Kinda like how you think you're the climate realist saint and that entitles you to belittle others for their advocacy? I refer to a fairly well known comic. This is your argument:

Sorry, buddy, your memes hold no candle to Hans Rosling. With your lightning reply, you did not even watch it, so you are not interested in any opinion that does not match your predetermined closed-minded point of view.

Maybe watch that link and get some second opinion.

Reality is the people who squeal about how environment is important tend to be the ones ruining it most, because they can't fathom of giving up their lavish lifestyles that are the main contributor to the shit that is going on. Instead they prefer telling others what to do.

Maybe if that girl would send her message remotely, instead of burning enough energy for her frontal clueless kiddie rage in front of a bunch of whales who collectively burned more coal and oil to get there than would otherwise be needed to power half a dozen big villages in some emerging countries for a year, then it would be a bit more convincing.

But oh well, at least she got them likes and nice free trip in yacht. Fucking hypocrites.

- - - Updated - - -

Environment is important and humanity as a whole needs to shape up, but the way some people go about it is simply a pure nonsense. 1/10th of humanity burning half the energy on the planet and responsible for vast majority of emissions telling the remaining 9/10th how to live their lives.

And Greta is a fine example of this hypocrisy, with her only saving grace being that she's a clueless kid that never had any wants in her life thinking she fights the good fight, while being played by those who pull the strings. Modern World Marie Antoinette surrounded by a bunch of Marie Antoinettes telling unwashed masses to eat cakes if they can't eat bread, really.

Shape up.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2019-10-03 at 08:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Sorry, buddy, your memes hold no candle to Hans Rosling. With your lightning reply, you did not even watch it, so you are not interested in any opinion that does not match your predetermined closed-minded point of view.

-snip-
    Primarily because despite what the folks on the right claim, I'm not interested in purity testing - especially for the sake of a group of people who seem to be unable to grasp the entire point of this form of climate change advocacy.

Said point being to demonstrate the necessity of deep structural reform. Specifically by showing it how difficult it is even for a person of means to actually adopt an environmentally friendly lifestyle when the entire infrastructure of Western civilization is built on inherently destructive practices. You complaining about "a fucking yacht trip" as if it's a luxury just confirms that point - crossing the Atlantic without creating emissions is impossible for most people by design.

It's almost as if she is saying the exact same thing you are, you just happen to not like her form of advocacy because...reasons. You don't like being talked down to by a child or something, I guess.

The fact Greta Thunberg is actually managing to drive climate change discussion and "Dr Hans Rosling" is relegated to TEDTalks should be telling as to which form of advocacy actually works.

- - - Updated - - -

I should also add that nowhere does Greta actually claim to be a climate change expert and her advocacy is specifically focused around getting people to listen to the experts.

Which, again, y'all would know if you actually listened to her rather than getting second hand reports from your preferred media outlets and making judgement based entirely on appearance. Totally not shallow as shit, by the by. /s

lol.. Nah... Im not a conspiracy theorist cuz I stopped watching mainstream media years ago. Now I do the math myself instead of being force fed the lies and conspiracy theories by the criminals pulling the strings ..like "The Insane" allow...lol

Albert Einstein said this:

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."

This beautiful young girl has a condition called "aspurgers syndrome". It is characterized by "having an obsessive focus on one topic". Her self proclaimed activist parents and other agendized / manipulative adults have "wound her up" on this "climate apocalypse topic". Those "authorities" in her life have capitalized on her condition, innocence, and respect for them.

....hence... out of human empathy, our worlds population is now being "shamed" and deceived into same obsession with an apocalyptic delusion created by criminals, and amplified by a sweet girls conditional obsession.

There is a special place in Hell for her puppetmasters.
    Yeah, nothing you have said, has been true, amazing though. Spouting George Soros, who has nothing to do with her, the UN being puppeteers, saying that climate scientists are science fictionalists and pseudo scientists? Yeah, ABSOLUTELY BULLSHIT.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly!

Did you know that the yacht Greta sailed over the ocean on, consumed 3x the carbon necessary by getting it flown back? Typical smoke and mirrors...

- - - Updated - - -

I can tell that you are a liberal due to your "tolerance", insults and cussing.

- - - Updated - - -

AND the insanity of all this climate hysteria is that CARBON DIOXIDE FEEDS THE PLANTS THAT CREATE AND FILTER THE AIR WE BREATHE!

Orbitus, with all due respect my friend...Please take the time and make the effort to research the other sides' position, and debate them respectfully with facts as opposed to attempting to demean, demonize, and intimidate them.

Because the lame ass Saul Alinsky playbook "Rules For Radicals" strategy is boring us. Thanks.
    I am not your friend, will never be your friend and I don't need to research your conspiratorial position, I already have. Which is why I know what you are spouting is fucking bullshit. If you don't like cussing, delete this account, because I am not going to stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Primarily because despite what the folks on the right claim, I'm not interested in purity testing - especially for the sake of a group of people who seem to be unable to grasp the entire point of this form of climate change advocacy.

Said point being to demonstrate the necessity of deep structural reform. Specifically by showing it how difficult it is even for a person of means to actually adopt an environmentally friendly lifestyle when the entire infrastructure of Western civilization is built on inherently destructive practices. You complaining about "a fucking yacht trip" as if it's a luxury just confirms that point - crossing the Atlantic without creating emissions is impossible for most people by design.

It's almost as if she is saying the exact same thing you are, you just happen to not like her form of advocacy because...reasons. You don't like being talked down to by a child or something, I guess.

The fact Greta Thunberg is actually managing to drive climate change discussion and "Dr Hans Rosling" is relegated to TEDTalks should be telling as to which form of advocacy actually works.

- - - Updated - - -

I should also add that nowhere does Greta actually claim to be a climate change expert and her advocacy is specifically focused around getting people to listen to the experts.

Which, again, y'all would know if you actually listened to her rather than getting second hand reports from your preferred media outlets and making judgement based entirely on appearance. Totally not shallow as shit, by the by. /s
    The poster girl is preaching whatever the big boys behind her tell her to. She knows nothing and rides the waves of "awwww look at little girl telling off people fighting for a good cause".

She's been made a symbol, just like many other little girls that did not really do anything meaningful, aside from being put to the pedestal over who knows what.

I'd much rather listen to opinions of accomplished academics like Professor Hans Rosling (rip), than some little girl knowing nothing about how life works throwing angry words her mom/dad/influencer told her to throw. She's merely a spokesperson, who happens to sell due to sentimental value of being a kid supposedly fighting the big fight.