Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    "Demanding things". Pathetic.

You're saying that as if she's asking for free tuition and not...you know...being able to continue to live in a stable society and a hospitable climate. What you are doing here is nothing more than tone policing.
    She is demanding people change their lifestyles and demanding world leaders not focus on economic growth.

Unfortunately this issue is not black and white. The latter is necessary for new and upcoming technologies to be practical and cheaper.

Come up with an economic plan where a mass-change is viable or shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    She is demanding people change their lifestyles and demanding world leaders not focus on economic growth.

Unfortunately this issue is not black and white. The latter is necessary for new and upcoming technologies to be practical and cheaper.

Come up with an economic plan where a mass-change is viable or shut up.
    Actually, the matter is black or white. Industrial growth is overrated. Industries can crash, burn, get changed, rebuilt and whatnot to the n-th time.
    Humans can life very well without for-profit companies, but cannot without nature.

Btt:
    We have dumped so much trash into the oceans that we changed its chemical composition, same goes for the air. And while we did clean up our act a bit. Some of you might remember the hole in the ozone-layer? Big topic back then. After years of whailing against changes because they would cause some people discomfort and cost the industry money we did it and are better for it. The same goes for all the plastic waste that forms islands in the middle of the Atlantic and other oceans.
    And don't always deflect to China. One of the big reasons they produce so much waste and dirt is because they produce so much for us Westeners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    The poster girl is preaching whatever the big boys behind her tell her to.She knows nothing and rides the waves of "awwww look at little girl telling off people fighting for a good cause".

She's been made a symbol, just like many other little girls that did not really do anything meaningful, aside from being put to the pedestal over who knows what.

I'd much rather listen to opinions of accomplished academics like Professor Hans Rosling (rip), than some little girl knowing nothing about how life works throwing angry words her mom/dad/influencer told her to throw. She's merely a spokesperson, who happens to sell due to sentimental value of being a kid supposedly fighting the big fight.
    You do realise it's a contradiction to say you'd rather listen to X person's opinions when you weren't listening to Y person in the first place, as evidenced by the only criticisms of her you seem to have are ad hominems.

Again; Hans Rosling is relegated to TEDTalks, Greta Thunberg has inspired climate strikes worldwide.

Whose form of advocacy is actually working here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

It's a good show for the unwashed masses as long as questions are not asked, too bad that that's all to it.
    This is the difference between that kid and Hans Rosling.
    A 16yr old that gets attention really piss people off...LOL
    If she inspires questions, then those in politics should be answering them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    Actually, the matter is black or white. Industrial growth is overrated. Industries can crash, burn, get changed, rebuilt and whatnot to the n-th time.
    Humans can life very well without for-profit companies, but cannot without nature.
    Says the guy who won't be able to survive without his smartphone for a day.

Funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Again; Hans Rosling is relegated to TEDTalks, Greta Thunberg has inspired climate strikes worldwide.
    She went up huffy puffy spiffy, everyone nodded, smiled and made cool selfies and then they all spread to their mansions burning hundreds of people worth of energy each. At least she got to have fun on a yacht, guess that's a plus there.

Next stop YouTube.

---

See, the thing is - I prefer listening to accomplished people who know a thing or two about life and not some well-groomed and petted upstart 16 years old squirt that got pushed forward as a poster doll for whatever cause.

It's a good show for the unwashed masses as long as questions are not asked, too bad that that's all to it.

This is the difference between that kid and Hans Rosling. He did not make people go "awww how cute", but he sure knew what he was talking about when it comes to the topic. He wasn't pushed through to the podium by the interested parties, he got there himself. The girl? Just another "would somebody think about the children" pet project of some coal chugging asshole who thinks he/she is environmental saint.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    A 16yr old that gets attention really piss people off...LOL
    If she inspires questions, then those in politics should be answering them.
    I have fixed the post, so chronological order is messed up, but to answer this - she does not really piss people off, she went up said her piece, did some noise and that's that.

She will disappear just as she has appeared and the world will move on.

People who will fix this shit are those who will develop the technology to do so, not some big-eyed blabbermouths grabbing attention. That's why people with actual track record of doing something useful with their and others lives are so much more important than yet another poster girl for whatever cause being paraded around.

---

That's why people who try to put her above someone like Professor Rosling irk me greatly. So far she did not actually do shit in her life aside from talking smack, when she accomplishes something actually praiseworthy I'll give credit. Not for the empty pretty words someone put in her mouth.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2019-10-04 at 12:55 AM.

I have fixed the post, so chronological order is messed up, but to answer this - she does not really piss people off, she went up said her piece, did some noise and that's that.
    She will disappear just as she has appeared and the world will move on.
    I'm sure you want to believe that. But a young lass that can grab the limelight away from your preferences probably isn't going away for long.
    I should think that you said the same thing about a certain black man who spoke publicly at the DNC convention for the first time in 2004.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Snip
    She writes her own speeches made in online classes with her tutors. You're comparing a young adult to a dead guy who became an accomplished academic through a lifetime of study. You've no right to talk down to people that are essentially on the same side as you in terms of the overarching goal of getting people on board with climate change. Greta is just a mascot and a voice everyone can gather around to discuss the topic. Your own hits on her are legit but pushing for change supersedes those concerns for the time being. The politicians and ambassadors all clap at her speeches directed at them like they're at a pony show. It's disgraceful as they know there's a huge problem and threat, they invite her to speak only to not take her or all the attention she gets them serious.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

:)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    They deserved that lecture. 16yrs old is good enough to be a voice.
    But a politician or scientist? It's no wonder she "whines" when the likes of your ilk continue to fuck up the planet she's going to inherit.
    And when can vote, you'll be the one whining.
    Lemme give this scene a shot...(but make believe you dont know that I'm an informed white male adult sporting facts)... just to see if it has the same effect on The Insanely misinformed folks trolling the dark web....

"HOW DARE YOU!

so... how'd I do? how many of you are incomprehensibly, and irrationally empathetic with my middle aged white man angst and projected hopelessness for the future?? ... to the point of following the parroting lemming in front of you over the cliffs edge?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Corruption 101 View Post
    Lemme give this scene a shot...(but make believe you dont know that I'm an informed white male adult sporting facts)... just to see if it has the same effect on The Insanely misinformed folks trolling the dark web....

"HOW DARE YOU!

so... how'd I do? how many of you are incomprehensibly, and irrationally empathetic with my middle aged white man angst and projected hopelessness for the future?? ... to the point of following the parroting lemming in front of you over the cliffs edge?
    Hey, its Trump's Twitter feed again. Just as delusional as Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    She writes her own speeches made in online classes with her tutors. You're comparing a young adult to a dead guy who became an accomplished academic through a lifetime of study. You've no right to talk down to people that are essentially on the same side as you in terms of the overarching goal of getting people on board with climate change. Greta is just a mascot and a voice everyone can gather around to discuss the topic. Your own hits on her are legit but pushing for change supersedes those concerns for the time being. The politicians and ambassadors all clap at her speeches directed at them like they're at a pony show. It's disgraceful as they know there's a huge problem and threat, they invite her to speak only to not take her or all the attention she gets them serious.
    The FACT IS THAT HER TUTOR/GUIDE IS EMPLOYED BY GEORGE SORROS... You know, the NAZI CRIMINAL who is now banned from at least 6 NATIONS due to his predictable SUBVERSION.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Hey, its Trump's Twitter feed again. Just as delusional as Trump.
    Another compliment graciously granted from "The Insane"... lol... Throw more barbs and insults bro... If you had the capacity to throw facts, you might just qualify for food stamps some day if you ever move out of your parents house...

[Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-10-04 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Minor Flaming: These sorts of comments are irrelevant to the thread. Please post constructively.

The FACT IS THAT HER TUTOR/GUIDE IS EMPLOYED BY GEORGE SORROS... You know, the NAZI CRIMINAL who is now banned from at least 6 NATIONS due to his predictable SUBVERSION.

- - - Updated - - -

Another compliment graciously granted from "The Insane"... lol... Throw more barbs and insults bro... If you had the capacity to throw facts, you might just qualify for food stamps some day if you ever move out of your parents house...
    Why the fuck are you calling me "the insane"? That is the random title that MMO-Champ gives me.

And as for your George Soros comments, they aren't anything truthful. First off, there is no evidence that her tutor, guide, or funder is Soros. So we can throw that out. And Soros wasn't a Nazi, he was what? 11 or 14 when Nazi Germany invaded his country? And what countries is he banned from?

Why the fuck are you calling me "the insane"? That is the random title that MMO-Champ gives me.
    I think this is literally the first time I've seen someone bring up a person's MMO title in a context that wasn't specifically talking about them... I wonder whose sock account that is, that they're grasping at such obscure crap as that to stir up shit.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I think this is literally the first time I've seen someone bring up a person's MMO title in a context that wasn't specifically talking about them... I wonder whose sock account that is, that they're grasping at such obscure crap as that to stir up shit.
    Yeah, I don't call people like you "Elemental Lord" because I have no idea what element you are. But literally everything else he has said is pants-on-head batshit insane conspiracy theories that the mods won't ban for some reason. I reported them yesterday, because his first few posts were from yesterday.

And as for your George Soros comments, they aren't anything truthful. First off, there is no evidence that her tutor, guide, or funder is Soros. So we can throw that out. And Soros wasn't a Nazi, he was what? 11 or 14 when Nazi Germany invaded his country? And what countries is he banned from?
    I guess MMO-Champ calls em like he sees em too. OK.. I'll call you "OB Wanna Know Be" then... YOU DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK SON...I've been there at your age, as clueless as you've proven to us all, as terrorist / liar Saul Alinsky as you've proven to us all, as lazy and counter productive as youve proven to us all.

Keep going down the mindless path you're walking now, and you'll be another "fascist definition confused" criminal wearing a black face mask to conceal your identity as you sucker punch, and baseball bat old ladies...

Be blessed bro on the journey before you...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Good observation of "obscure crap" lol ....hmmm... is your alias truly bull shitt o... or elementary school Lord? Pray tell...

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    It's not a black and white issue. There needs to be an economic and cultural shift in order for change to happen. That isn't possible without economic growth. I'm not talking about industry here, I'm talking about the economy. The majority of the world's population cannot afford things like electric cars, solar panels with batteries, etc. However, if developed countries continue to economically grow, then more people will be able to afford these clean alternatives, let alone the infrastructure required to build and maintain them.

And don't always deflect to China. One of the big reasons they produce so much waste and dirt is because they produce so much for us Westeners.
    Even if we magically not have China build things for the West anymore, there's still over a billion people they have to support. Look at India; they're the world's 2nd biggest polluter and aren't regarded as the manufacturing hotspot of the world. It is no coincidence that the world's two biggest countries by population have the two biggest hands as far as emissions go. If it were "black and white" as you claim, then the solution would be a lot more simple. But there are layers upon layers here - these countries still need to manufacture things, they still need to feed their people, etc.

To say economic growth is overrated or not required is either being disingenuous or you are simply incredibly ignorant about the world. There are millions of people in the two countries above who struggle to feed themselves; they worry about their next meal rather than what some privileged 16 year old sanctimonious girl would say. Fix that problem and you're halfway there in actually getting something done.

I guess MMO-Champ calls em like he sees em too. OK.. I'll call you "OB Wanna Know Be" then... YOU DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK SON...I've been there at your age, as clueless as you've proven to us all, as terrorist / liar Saul Alinsky as you've proven to us all, as lazy and counter productive as youve proven to us all.

Keep going down the mindless path you're walking now, and you'll be another "fascist definition confused" criminal wearing a black face mask to conceal your identity as you sucker punch, and baseball bat old ladies...

Be blessed bro on the journey before you...

- - - Updated - - -

Good observation of "obscure crap" lol ....hmmm... is your alias truly bull shitt o... or elementary school Lord? Pray tell...
    Yeah, nothing you have said is true. When someone says "do your own homework or research" I know they have lost.

And, how the fuck is Saul Alinsky a fucking terrorist?

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Because the have failed to run their own country so they just want to enjoy the fruits of other country's labour?
    Putting aside how these countries have Western-installed puppet regimes. The fact that capitalists are pushing for militarized borders is because they know the climate crisis is happening. Hell, this just happened last month.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    And why wouldn't they? Not many people like being lectured by a 16 year old with little life experience, where her words are constructed by her parents or handlers.

She whines but offers no solutions, especially when it comes to the world's biggest polluters.

There's a reason why 16 year olds can't vote... or aren't legally allowed to drink.
    If people didn't want to be lectured by high schoolers, they should have thought of that before they set the world on fire.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Putting aside how these countries have Western-installed puppet regimes. The fact that capitalists are pushing for militarized borders is because they know the climate crisis is happening. Hell, this just happened last month.
    Nah it's not a significant problem. Maybe if non-Western data metrics like agricultural production was plummeting then it would be a problem but the data doesn't show any major issues.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Nah it's not a significant problem. Maybe if non-Western data metrics like agricultural production was plummeting then it would be a problem but the data doesn't show any major issues.
    Really? Because the people causing it sure think it is.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Rich people can afford to diversify in many ways, it's nothing new or bad.

It doesn't mean non-Western countries are going to get worse and there will be a mass exodus. Maybe if 3rd world country metrics like GDP and food production plummets then yes there would be an attempt at mass exodus. But there's no good reason to think that will happen. If I'm a betting man I'd bet that they keep developing incrementally and that most of this speculation is just a form of melodrama.