Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    Yeah it was terrible. Spend a year watching these cinematics for the dude to get 1 shot not even any cool epic super saiyan moment. There was a build up when he was getting his second wind talking about hope and scratched her eye but even then cmon man should have taken an arm at least or a flashback to his son and go super saiyan mode. I felt nothing watching it and actually was like da fuq at the end. Glad I quit playing 5 months ago but at least I can watch the youtube videos for free.
    You missed the entire point. He never stood a chance...he knew he didnt stand a chance...he jumped to his death in hope something would happen...and it happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think of all the money they could have put to getting better writers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like them and it seems the majority of people do as well. So no, it was not a waste.

But I get it, it's hip to be negative right now.

Best part is people screaming "it makes no sense" when they fail to pay attention and put things together themselves without Blizzard holding their hand.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

I understand not personally enjoying a certain storyline... But the cinematic team blows it out of the water every single time despite the material they are given being good or not. Every penny spent on them was incredibly well spent in my opinion.

I think you're arguing that the story was flawed rather than the cinematics being a waste of resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree.

Also your signature makes no sense. You can have both complicated bosses and too few mechanics. You can have the same 3-4 mechanics but thrown together in different ways: multiple at the same time, one after the other, with tighter and tighter timing. So bosses can be clusterfucks with very few things to do.

No because it was almost the Wrath Gate all over again, beat by beat (the beginning) SO now we now a lich queen is coming full circle.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    An unimaginable amount of development time would have gone into the suite of full blown Saurfang cinematics we've seen in the last year. And for what, a few quests and a quick 1 shot death?

I feel like these cinematics have been extremely disappointing and a complete waste of resources for a character that we barely even interacted with this expansion. That artistic talent would've been much better spent just about anywhere else. It's a real shame seeing talent like that wasted on such frivolous affairs.
    Who cares if they are or not? That team wouldn’t have been working on anything else, as it’s a different skill set. Blizzard aren’t short of cash, and so if they can employee people and give us stunning cinematics then why not. I for one enjoyed them, so I hope the continue giving us them in expansions in the future.

The problem with the BfA cinematics is that they don't fit into the player character storyline and are only viewed from an outside spectator view, making the cinematics feel out of sync with everything else. Sure they look cool, but it doesn't match the storyline.

For example, Saurfang and Zekhan at Undercity had a storyline, but the player character was not there. Saurfang breaks out of Stormwind, the player character is not there. Saurfang visits Thrall in Nagrand, the player character is once again not there.

BfA has two storylines, the War Campaign and the Saurfang cinematics. They do overlap occasionally but they aren't matching. That's the problem. It creates a sense of not being part of the story. Saurfang is the hero of this expansion, not the player character, the player character is only there for the ride. And what was it all for if Saurfang dies in the end? It feels like a waste of time and resources indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Yes it was a waste of resources and I said the same thing when the second one came out.

And I'm sure there are probably plebs on this thread arguing that "the people who work on cinematics don't work on gameplay"

Yes! That is true, however US dollars can go to more than one thing! It was a huge waste of money to make these cinematics when the game ain't fun. If the money had been spent on improving in-game systems, island expeditions, mythic dungeons, etc, perhaps they would have more subs.
    You know they don't stop paying their game developers when they need a cinematic made right?

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    The cinematics do not take as much time and resources as you think. They still do cost a lot, but many models and animations from this cinematic were reused from the previous ones.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    These cinematics are like the only good thing about this expansion, what do you mean wasted? They don't lack resources to make the game better, they lack vision.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Not going to lie, that was pretty funny.
    I had a mental image of MoanaLisa's avatar converted into the One Punch Man style "ok" meme. XD

If I worked there as part of the cinematic team I know I'd feel it was a waste that's for sure. Imagining the great artists that do the models, animation, vfx, pouring their heart and excellent skills into the work, all the while knowing what a festering piece of shit the written word behind it all actually is. But hey, they get paid don't they.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Yes it was a waste of resources and I said the same thing when the second one came out.

And I'm sure there are probably plebs on this thread arguing that "the people who work on cinematics don't work on gameplay"

Yes! That is true, however US dollars can go to more than one thing! It was a huge waste of money to make these cinematics when the game ain't fun. If the money had been spent on improving in-game systems, island expeditions, mythic dungeons, etc, perhaps they would have more subs.
    Except Blizzard isn't restricted by money, they're restricted by time and manpower. So freeing the money wouldn't do shit, since you'd still only have the cinematics team free to use it.

Waste of resources? Maybe the direction they go in due to the poor story is improperly handled but the cinematics themselves are well worth the money and result. Say what you will about the story, say what you will about the universe itself - the cinematic team at Blizzard is phenomenal and have always killed what they create. Even if what they make uses a craptastic basis, the result they give is always fucking stellar. I've never been disappointed with these cinematics, even if the premise or what they're making out of it could've been something better.

10+ Year Old Account
    An unimaginable amount of development time would have gone into the suite of full blown Saurfang cinematics we've seen in the last year. And for what, a few quests and a quick 1 shot death?

I feel like these cinematics have been extremely disappointing and a complete waste of resources for a character that we barely even interacted with this expansion. That artistic talent would've been much better spent just about anywhere else. It's a real shame seeing talent like that wasted on such frivolous affairs.
    Interesting opinion.

I disagree - as I found them to be quite good and suitable for the storytelling within the game.
    Hi

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang cinematics: waste of resources?
    Do we need a Classic relaunch?
    Will 9.0 even be announced at Blizzcon?
    Should Blizzard only make dungeons and raids?

So many questions, so little time....

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

you're complaining about a waste of resources (which it isn't - what else are the people who do cinematics going to do instead) yet a few days ago you started a thread calling for a Classic relaunch? I mean if you're trying to troll you're really, really bad at it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Saurfang cinematics: waste of resources?
    Do we need a Classic relaunch?
    Will 9.0 even be announced at Blizzcon?
    Should Blizzard only make dungeons and raids?

So many questions, so little time....
    90% of the time OP makes troll threads and then never replies to them. dude is a massive troll, but never crosses the line into "getting banned" territory sadly

All things that don't sustain a human via their needs is a waste of resources, so the cinematic is a waste of resources, the game is a waste of resources, this thread is a waste of resources, this reply is a waste of resources.
    Was this particular waste of resources entertaining? That's subjective, I didn't mind it though it didn't exactly blow me away. Graphical quality aside, the story followed the beats that were most obvious, and while that isn't a bad thing, I do like to be surprised more than see things go as expected.. in a story anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Felnoire View Post
    All things that don't sustain a human via their needs is a waste of resources, so the cinematic is a waste of resources, the game is a waste of resources, this thread is a waste of resources, this reply is a waste of resources.
    Entertainment is a need.