Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Entertainment is a need.
    It's a want, a desire, not required to sustain life. It's fun, interesting, and elevates the mundane, but isn't needed in order to survive.

Good news is that he is dead, so no more Sadfang cinematics.
    Think Thrall and Anduin will pick up that mantle though.

it'll be worth it if we get to see an actual full length fight between sylv and tyrande in this style.

or between any two characters really, this would be great to show a good long fight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felnoire View Post
    It's a want, a desire, not required to sustain life. It's fun, interesting, and elevates the mundane, but isn't needed in order to survive.
    it is a need. I could sit here and spend 5 pages discussing the psychology of the brain but your melancholy makes it pointless.

on topic, the cutscenes added emotion. It was needed in order to get the point across. All of jaina's scenes in bfa I could see what she was feeling but the in-game pseudo-cinematics never got the "feels" across as well as the CG did.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    An unimaginable amount of development time would have gone into the suite of full blown Saurfang cinematics we've seen in the last year.
    Well, that's what the cinematics' division is for. They gotta justify their budget after all.
    That said, cinematics are like pet battles. They're part of the game, but they're not really core, just stuff that's there for you to enjoy or ignore at your leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    Nah, fuck you, troll. *takes ban*

Infracted: OK {MoanaLisa}
    o7

your sacrifice will be remembered.

As for the shallow bait thread itself, no it was not wasted. It was probably the highlight of the expansion so far, at least as far as narrative during anything surrounding the faction war goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    You missed the entire point. He never stood a chance...he knew he didnt stand a chance...he jumped to his death in hope something would happen...and it happened.
    If anything the cinematic has revealed the literacy of the average wow player it seems. That amount of people that can't even get the simple purpose of the cinematic, let alone the (simple) symbolic use within it, is frankly shocking. If people are pissed because their waifu didn't win, fine, that is just bad taste, but all these nonsenical complaints about things that obviously were never intended..

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    It isn't your resources being 'wasted' - so how you feel about it is irrelevant.
    Uhh, if a customer is satisfied with something .. is irrelevant?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Good news is that he is dead, so no more Sadfang cinematics.
    Think Thrall and Anduin will pick up that mantle though.
    Probably, I liked Saurfang personally, I think his death was a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The game is multi-media as much as anything. The cinematics team does what it does in support of story. No one has to like the story they are telling but that's Blizzard's choice and the pointless concerns about "resources used" is just that: pointless. If there is a suggestion here that the resources for cinematics could have been better used for a raid or something else my only reaction to that is 'give me a break.'

That's what that team does and they do it very well. It's always a pleasure to see what they come up with. This is thin stuff to be complaining about. "Oh, the cinematics team did their jobs. How terrible for everything else."

If the Saurfang story line is the pivot on which the faction war abates or even ends that's a lot more than a few quests.
    Oh boy here we go. If you read op again without your fanboy goggles you'll see he wasn't suggesting there should be less cinematics. Did you graduate high school with that level of reading comprehension?

Next up, the cinematic team 'comes up' with what the writers tell them to. While you accuse op of thinking the cinematic team can program raids, something op doesn't do, you seem to think they're writers.

He says their time and talent was wasted on a redemption story he didnt care about bc he didnt care about the characters. I disagree and think it was needed to give the horde direction.

Do you see what I just did? It IS possible to critique something HONESTLY without pretending they said dumb shit to fit your argument.

I liked it as a big story moment, a bit cringy, but otherwise good.

Would have preferred if Alliance got any story regarding Saurfang though. At least a mirror to the Saurfang escape quest Horde got, where we go around dismissing guards and and the end see Saurfang be ambushed by the Dark rangers, anything more substantial than him showing up at the very beginning of hte patch, and having the only other alliance relevant moment with him being Anduin showing up in his second cinematic, and the offhand mention by Shaw that "a prisoner" escaped the Stockades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    An unimaginable amount of development time would have gone into the suite of full blown Saurfang cinematics we've seen in the last year. And for what, a few quests and a quick 1 shot death?

I feel like these cinematics have been extremely disappointing and a complete waste of resources for a character that we barely even interacted with this expansion. That artistic talent would've been much better spent just about anywhere else. It's a real shame seeing talent like that wasted on such frivolous affairs.
    Blizzard's not really in dire financial straits, and giving the cinematic team something to do between launch trailers isn't exactly a bad thing. Just because you didn't like it, that doesn't make it a 'waste of resources,' and I really wish people would stop using that argument. It's incredibly egocentric. If anything, they need to be more willing to put resources into creative pursuits like these cinematics rather than constantly bottom-lining everything for corporate hyperefficiency.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by saeadeb View Post
    Do you see what I just did?
    Complain about other people's opinions? Yes, we did. You didn't critique anything, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    You missed the entire point. He never stood a chance...he knew he didnt stand a chance...he jumped to his death in hope something would happen...and it happened.
    More specifically, he did to Sylvanas what Durotan did to Gul'dan in the movie. He knew he was going to die, and made that death work for him by hammering his opponent's buttons until they exposed themselves and caused the Horde to turn on them. People who thought Saurfang was going to win, or this cinematic was going to be Gohan and Cell's final Kamehameha clash, haven't been paying attention to Saurfang's... honestly, just about every appearance he's made has had a big, flashing neon sign over his head reading "I'm dying at the end of this expansion." Coupled with Sylvanas's sudden surge in power, yeah, no, the mak'gora was secondary. He just needed an opportunity to get face-to-face with Sylvanas long enough to piss her off, knowing she'd do something stupid once she got pissed (like she always does) and then double down on it (like she always does).

edit: In short, he played her, and after dealing with the writers telling us (but never showing, of course) she's this 700-D chess master manipulator all expansion long, where everything went according to keikaku, having someone smart enough to notice her behavior patterns and use them against her to force her to come up with a new plan was refreshing.
    Last edited by Thage; 2019-09-28 at 12:37 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Uhh, if a customer is satisfied with something .. is irrelevant?

- - - Updated - - -

Probably, I liked Saurfang personally, I think his death was a waste.
    I realize its fun to pretend like everything Blizzard does with WoW requires our approval/blessing, but here's a fun fact for you: it doesn't. WoW is their game, it isn't yours or mine or the OP's.

And there's a big difference between being satisfied with something and arrogantly making a topic in which you declare a thing that you, singularly, dislike as a 'waste of resources'. "Iiiiiiiii didn't like this thing, so clearly it was a waste of time and money and priorities' - as if the game revolves around him and what he likes.

People need to get over themselves.

And the funny part is, many people have asked Blizz for years to do more of the high-end cinematics for story moments - now that they do, we have people crying about resources. Is there anything gamers won't whine about?
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2019-09-28 at 12:47 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    He was obviously written for the Alliance folks, so I guess we have to ask them if he was worth it.
    too busy farming mounts that the horde cant use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people cannot be satisfied. You give them candy and they complain they would rather have porridge... Preferably without sugar or milk.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I realize its fun to pretend like everything Blizzard does with WoW requires our approval/blessing, but here's a fun fact for you: it doesn't. WoW is their game, it isn't yours or mine or the OP's.

And there's a big difference between being satisfied with something and arrogantly making a topic in which you declare a thing that you, singularly, dislike as a 'waste of resources'. "Iiiiiiiii didn't like this thing, so clearly it was a waste of time and money and priorities' - as if the game revolves around him and what he likes.

People need to get over themselves.

And the funny part is, many people have asked Blizz for years to do more of the high-end cinematics for story moments - now that they do, we have people crying about resources. Is there anything gamers won't whine about?
    Everything will likely be whined about, but yeah, producers care about the opinions of consumers.

The cinematics were the best part of the expansion...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Some people cannot be satisfied. You give them candy and they complain they would rather have porridge... Preferably without sugar or milk.
    Hilarious way to put it, but yeah, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I mean, no one should even be giving this thread a serious response. A quick peer into the OP's post history will tell you why.

What development time was wasted ? the team that does cinematics only does cinematics. its not like the team working on cinematics are creating raids when not creating cinematics.