Where do our souls come from? Old gods?

I’m curious on people thoughts about where our souls come from?

Yogg Saron created the curse of flesh, when then turned titan creations into what most of the players are now.

So my question, did the titan creations before the curse of the flesh got to them already have souls?

With all the talk about shadowlands, and death and souls, it made me wonder where all that even came from.

If Yogg is responsible for us being “alive” then don’t we have him to kind of thank for our souls? I mean he is the God of Death, and he’s literally caused so many huge moments in Azeroth I feel like, and it’s obvious in quests he’s going to make some sort of comeback.

Curious on your guys thoughts or if something about this is already stated.

The original "seed races" were alive before they turned to flesh. Stone, certainly, but alive nevertheless. There is no evidence that they did not have souls at that point already.
    A soul is certainly something a benevolent creator would create for the races he creates, and not something accidentally creeping in when turned to flesh.

Titanforged have limited free will but that doesn't necessarily mean they have no soul.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    The original "seed races" were alive before they turned to flesh. Stone, certainly, but alive nevertheless. There is no evidence that they did not have souls at that point already.
    A soul is certainly something a benevolent creator would create for the races he creates, and not something accidentally creeping in when turned to flesh.
    This, more or less. Titan creations have "souls" - think, for example, of Highkeeper Ra in Mists of Pandaria. He is purely a titan construct, not affected by the curse of flesh, but has clearly been mentally affected by his imprisonment by Lei Shen. A creature without a soul would not be affected like that.

I assume souls are the natural order of things and the Titans emulated that in their creations. Only thing that would explain both natural and titan made races having souls.

It definitely is not the Curse of Flesh because not every race is afflicted with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Souls are a manifestation of the Spirit (lore). While it is also used as a catalyst for shaman and the other elements, it is also the connection in all living beings to the rest of the living world.

Or at least that's been my understanding and interpretation of spirit.

creatures with souls exist on planets without a world soul or old god.

since death collects souls when life ends, and death is one of the 6 primal forces, i'm going to take an educated guess that the origin of souls is the Life primordial force. and there is probably some sort of balance between them involved.

also one of the primary reasons for the old gods creation was to eat stuff, including souls, already existing in reality.
    Last edited by horbindr; 2019-09-28 at 12:12 PM.

Mr Bigglesworth from Naxxramas. This is all part of his ultimate 15 year plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbwild94 View Post
    I’m curious on people thoughts about where our souls come from?
    I don't think Blizzard thought it through.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's a spark of the spirit of life.
    Every living being has it.

Formerly known as Arafal

Judging by Ulthalesh's special effect, even Naga fish tanks have souls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I would argue there's a taxonomic different between Spirit (the energy emanated by or inherent in a Soul) and the Soul itself, at least in the Warcraft cosmology. A Soul could be composed of many types of essences (Arcane, Void, Fel, just Spirit, Elemental, etc. etc.) either alone or in conjunction - but as long as the resulting being is alive and/or sentient, it will radiate with some degree of Spirit energy. The Titanforged entities were likely mostly Arcane energy tempered with Spirit (the same as most Titans themselves, apparently). Elementals are their core energy depending on the type of Elemental, along with Spirit and Decay energies (Decay if they're bound to a controlling force). Old Gods and their minions are predominantly Void energies tinged with some Spirit. Humanoids are primarily Spirit with perhaps a random tinge of the other essences, either naturally in some cases or a product of their vocations or circumstances of genesis (e.g. all Void Elves having Void essence in their makeup). Humans and Elves likely have a degree of Arcane in their essences - Humans due to being descended from the Titanforged and Elves due to being products of the Well of the Eternity's direct enhancement over time.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead