Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    He'll probably sacrifice himself and die in the arms of Sylvanas.

    And that will fuel Sylvanas to take up the mantle of Kerrigan.
    Let me fix that for you:

    He will die, hoping that Sylvanas will hold him. She will stand over him and spit on him before walking off, and his last moments will be filled with the realization that she did not deserve everything he had done for her.
    The NF list: Eschatological, Edge, Endus, Bodakane, Shinra1, Sunseeker, Ya Boy Kirk, Xangxu, Orbitus, Themius, Ambushinthedark, Justandulas

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "xavius masquerades as malfurion, runs about the forest screaming MY LOVE the forum is up in flames"

    "Cringeworthy self insert ends his monologue with MY LOVE and there is silence"
    Because they are putting themselves into Nathanos' shoes (much like danuser does) and are worshiping her.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    I really like Nathanos, mostly because he is as annoying as he is. I usually like cynical characters that keep being cynical and not turn out to be 'simply a hard shell with a good heart' after having talked to you.

    But I already feel really sorry for him, because he thinks he will be with Sylvanas in hell, but I really think he will be alone in death and in hell.

    And if one 'my love' is enough to be cringeworthy for a goodbye, then I don't know how you'd ever write a love-story. I mean, Tyrande and Xavius-Malfurion's "dialogue" was cringeworthy, even if it wasn't really between the lovers, but a taunt. But two words as the extent at which a love is acknowledged is really not too much.
    I mean, if he was actually written like that, he would be a good character. But he's an insufferable smarmy fuck (rather than bitter and world weary like he should be), especially considering he constantly survives the Alliance player through bullshittery and plot armor thicker than the main character in an anime.
    Do not ask questions for which you do not want the answers.

  4. #64
    I am Murloc! Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    5,725
    Theres worse characters, atleast hes consistant and fun.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  5. #65
    Why do incels and mgtow react so violently to Nathanos? Every single loser i know takes his existence personally.

  6. #66
    The Insane Thage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    17,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Let me fix that for you:

    He will die, hoping that Sylvanas will hold him. She will stand over him and spit on him before walking off, and his last moments will be filled with the realization that she did not deserve everything he had done for her.
    Indulging a meme for a moment here, but do you think he drinks her bathwater on the down-low?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!



  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Indulging a meme for a moment here, but do you think he drinks her bathwater on the down-low?
    Probably to wash down her toenail dirt, yeah.
    The NF list: Eschatological, Edge, Endus, Bodakane, Shinra1, Sunseeker, Ya Boy Kirk, Xangxu, Orbitus, Themius, Ambushinthedark, Justandulas

  8. #68
    Scarab Lord Maxrokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Zuldazar
    Posts
    4,928
    Danuser wants to know your localization
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

  9. #69
    The oceans literally split to ensure that guy is gonna "live" my dude
    you might be out of luck

  10. #70
    Herald of the Titans Minikin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Because they are putting themselves into Nathanos' shoes (much like danuser does) and are worshiping her.
    lol, i guess theres more than one nathanos self insert if you catch ma drift
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

  11. #71
    Scarab Lord Mister Cheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "xavius masquerades as malfurion, runs about the forest screaming MY LOVE the forum is up in flames"

    "Cringeworthy self insert ends his monologue with MY LOVE and there is silence"
    Where is this silence? From my understanding nobody likes Nathanos as a character to begin with anymore and him proclaiming Sylvanas as my love just more shit thrown on top of the pile.

  12. #72
    Bloodsail Admiral Evaddon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Shadowlands
    Posts
    1,095
    He's one of the few characters that actually kept his personality and hasn't changed because of dictation of the story. His relationship with Sylvanas always there, always hinted at. His devotion to the Dark Lady always has been there, his hate and anger has always been there, his annoyance with the living..has

    I don't know where this complaining about him came from but most of it is just complete bullshit because he's been brought to the forefront of the character roaster. None of comments hold ground other then personal subjective taste. The self insert comments make no sense in the slightest, because Nathanos has always been this way just more or less intense but he was never given screen time.

    So no...he's one of my favorite characters.
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2019-09-28 at 10:17 PM.

  13. #73
    The "my love" part at the end was a bit much.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  14. #74
    Stood in the Fire Sharby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    446
    The problem with him is that it would be fine if he didn't 'worship' us (though why wouldn't you at this point we've done so much) if he actually held a candle to our power and accomplishments but he just seems so weak compared to the PC that it's just grating and annoying having him talk down to us.

    Also in regards to the PC, since we know that PC's aren't canon, all of his interactions with the PC are also non-canon BUT they are canon in the universe where our PC does exist, and in this universe it is the PC who saves the world over and over. So his disdain for us is completely unfounded and we could easily kill him if we wanted to.


    EDIT: He's hot though so hopefully he just gets lobotomized so he doesn't talk anymore and will just exist to be eye-candy.
    Honorary member of the Baine fanclub, the only member really.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    In Vanilla he didn't joke around. He killed you, unless you brought lots of people with you.
    The Heroes he shit talks have done more in their short time as adventurers than he ever will. We've toppled Demons, Old Gods, Titan Constructs, Titans.. We've killed some of the most powerful beings around. Azshara was supposed to be one of the most powerful Mages in existence and we took her to the brink of death. The only reason she isn't dead is because N'zoth came and rescued her.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I remember ol' Blightcaller as well as anyone who played Vanilla, and initially, I'd been kind of excited to see him develop as a character.

    But instead, he just comes off as a bland weeaboo to waifu Sylvanas.

    I just can't take him seriously in any capacity now. Not to mention, the whole bullshit of him going toe-to-toe with an *empowered* Tyrande (and don't give me that shit about "oh, the Val'kyr made him overpowered, too").

    I just feel like the character is worse than forgettable, he actively ruins scenes he participates in. Not to mention, talked mad shit to players during Legion, and now he's just openly referring to Sylvanas as "my love". Ugh...

    I mean, BFA has been a fucking travesty in almost everything it has attempted to do (other than Kul Tiras being a very well laid-out continent). But Nathanos just makes it a bit worse, just like he does everything else he's involved with.
    I always though he was a terrible character and the fact that you have to quest with him to do the war campaign on the horde side ruins for me. The whole "toe to toe" with Tyrande was laughable to me, Tyrande, especially in that state would have wiped the floor with him, she would have tore him up.

    I really find that he has no redeeming qualities as all. I almost see him as a robot type character.

  17. #77
    I'm a Nathanos fan.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Blightcaller would have been 100 percent better as a silent enforcer who excutes the Banshee Queen's will instead of the smug self-insert we have.
    Almost like The Mountain from GoT after he was brought back.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    The Heroes he shit talks have done more in their short time as adventurers than he ever will. We've toppled Demons, Old Gods, Titan Constructs, Titans.. We've killed some of the most powerful beings around. Azshara was supposed to be one of the most powerful Mages in existence and we took her to the brink of death. The only reason she isn't dead is because N'zoth came and rescued her.
    Yes, the heroes did that with an army and an Elite squad. When you get quests from him, you are just one person out of many. And I do think against just one hero he'd be holding his own, if you'd actually stoop as low as attacking someone just because he isn't being polite enough for your liking.
    I never said he didn't behave like an asshole, of course he does. As I also said, he's bitter, he's envious and probably jealous too. What I'm saying is, I like exactly that about him. He is not your warm-hearted maybe a little gruffy everyday questgiver and he's just one person out of all the world to be that way. Why do we want cardboard cutouts licking our boots all the time?

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Yes, the heroes did that with an army and an Elite squad. When you get quests from him, you are just one person out of many. And I do think against just one hero he'd be holding his own, if you'd actually stoop as low as attacking someone just because he isn't being polite enough for your liking.
    I never said he didn't behave like an asshole, of course he does. As I also said, he's bitter, he's envious and probably jealous too. What I'm saying is, I like exactly that about him. He is not your warm-hearted maybe a little gruffy everyday questgiver and he's just one person out of all the world to be that way. Why do we want cardboard cutouts licking our boots all the time?
    I don't need praise. I also don't need to get shit from a bootlicker either. My character has done their job and will continue doing their job long after he is dead. Which, depending on how the Sylvanas thing turns out, may not be far off.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •