Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    he needs to show up to defend her, and she turns on him draining his life or something ... and just show the look of betrayal on his face as he dies
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    It's literally one of the writers who is obsessed with Sylvanas and self-inserting through Nathanos.
    Nathanos has been the worst and most disgusting NPC for several expansions now.
    He really deserves to be killed off soon and forever. The writer is more than cringe-worthy...

- - - Updated - - -

Nathanos will be defeated by players, then raped to death by ogre gangs. His corps will be hang on the gate of Orgrimmar and permanently whipped by pandas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Blightcaller would have been 100 percent better as a silent enforcer who excutes the Banshee Queen's will instead of the smug self-insert we have.
    He's always been a smug asshole. When we first meet him in vanilla we're already pretty seasoned adventurers who have handled just about everything the world up to the Plaguelands can throw at us. You're already a respected and trusted soldier. And Nathanos shits on you, calls you names, sends you out on scut work he later admits he thought up simply because it was gross and he wanted to be able to laugh at you for doing it. And you deal with everything he throws at you, up to and including killing the powerful Scourge agent who killed him and the best you get from him is a promotion from imbecile to mentally deficient, first class.

He is a completely unneeded character. The sad role he's had so far could have been blended with an actually known and meaningful character. Very annoying to see him involved in anything. And why again is his hatred towards the Alliance or rather toward the living?
    Is he just a malicious hateful scum to impress Sylvanas?

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    He's always been a smug asshole. When we first meet him in vanilla we're already pretty seasoned adventurers who have handled just about everything the world up to the Plaguelands can throw at us. You're already a respected and trusted soldier. And Nathanos shits on you, calls you names, sends you out on scut work he later admits he thought up simply because it was gross and he wanted to be able to laugh at you for doing it. And you deal with everything he throws at you, up to and including killing the powerful Scourge agent who killed him and the best you get from him is a promotion from imbecile to mentally deficient, first class.
    You're absolutely right. However, at that point you're just some random adventurer, by the time we meet up with again for the BFA campaign, you've done more in service of the Horde than he ever could. He reminds me of all the wives of high ranking soldiers in the military. They actually think they're the same rank as their spouse and try to run shit. Blightcaller is where he is not on merit, but on his connection to Sylvanas. Not to say he's just some random, but he's nothing compared to the player character at that point.

Nathanos is a very obnoxious character, even if you put his character's affection and loyalty to Sylvanas aside.

It feels as if the fandom essence of all of Sylvanas' hardcore fans slowly precipitated and materialized in the form of Nathanos Blightcaller.

He is personification off Sylvanas fanboys.

He is overpowered because the narrative demands it, not because he is some super duper undead.

Even the most badass human ranger CAN NOT skip his limitations, for example, by classic fantasy tropes he would always be lex dexterous than best elven rangers (but probably would be better at this as most common elves).

But story demanded that he would fight Avatar of whatever the fuck Elune is so he do that and survived to tell the tale. He was ganked by Genn and player character at the Stormheim and nearly killed, but sure, empowered Tyrande just was his match.

He is still ONLY a ranger, even the best ranger in the world would get beaten to a pulp by any mid-high lvl mage, shaman, priest, druid. Player character would spit on him and break his neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    You're absolutely right. However, at that point you're just some random adventurer, by the time we meet up with again for the BFA campaign, you've done more in service of the Horde than he ever could. He reminds me of all the wives of high ranking soldiers in the military. They actually think they're the same rank as their spouse and try to run shit. Blightcaller is where he is not on merit, but on his connection to Sylvanas. Not to say he's just some random, but he's nothing compared to the player character at that point.
    You're not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    You keep asking for more humanized concept for Horde races that are supposed to be malformed or ugly. Seriously stop it.
    thats why like 60% of horde players are blood elves though,

The only thing I wanted from the BFA story was for Nathanos to die and be done with him. So yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hezar View Post
    I think malfurion is worse. He should be some kind of demigod yet all he does is whine and cry about tyrande and getting beat by pretty much anyone who bothers to slap him around. That quest in legion where you had to look for the whining idiot with tyrande was awful.
    goes to show how much you read during that quest. it was xavius masked as malfurion.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    goes to show how much you read during that quest. it was xavius masked as malfurion.
    Yeah. Xavius was so freaking petty. Kidnap your archrival and what do you do? Dress up like him and act like a 5 year old and succeed in making yourself look more like a child throwing a tantrum than a former royal advisor turned progenitor of a demon race turned eldritch abomination.

Xavius was metaphorically and literally Malfurion's kryptonite. It took everything he had to free Cenarius from the corruption and he flat out told you he couldn't set foot in the Eye without immediately being lost.

And he spoils it. Though I will give him props for the Ysera booby trap. /cries

He is a disgusting lapdop, ready to commit any kind of atrocity for a pat on the head from his Dark Lady. Not to mention he is insufferable whenever he opens his mouth.

And yet, he is everything the Banshee loyalists hope to ever become and achieve

15+ Year Old Account
    Love is for the living and Sylvanas will sell his soul to Death. Don't Worry

I like Nathanos actually.As being Sylvanas's lover i doubt Blizzard will kill him (unlike Rhonin) because she is their waifu.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    He was before, but now he is a first-gen Death Knight, like Terron Gorefiend. A soul in the intact body of a human paladin.
    I am looking for this information and have not seen anything stating this.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    He was before, but now he is a first-gen Death Knight, like Terron Gorefiend. A soul in the intact body of a human paladin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I am looking for this information and have not seen anything stating this.
    that's not been stated anywhere.

the ritual that val'kyr used to make nathanos' new body hasn't been seen before this, that i know of. nathanos and his cousin stood opposite to each other, and when the ritual completed, only ash remained where his cousin was bound. the val'kyr was incredibly weakened by the experience, too.

the orc necrolytes gathered already dead bodies from the fields, ripped the souls from fellow orc warlocks, and shoved them into the corpses. necromancy played a part, but fel probably also played a part in the binding of the soul to the body. like gorebound wolves in WoD, demon souls shoved into the corpses of wolves and bound with fel energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I remember ol' Blightcaller as well as anyone who played Vanilla, and initially, I'd been kind of excited to see him develop as a character.

But instead, he just comes off as a bland weeaboo to waifu Sylvanas.

I just can't take him seriously in any capacity now. Not to mention, the whole bullshit of him going toe-to-toe with an *empowered* Tyrande (and don't give me that shit about "oh, the Val'kyr made him overpowered, too").

I just feel like the character is worse than forgettable, he actively ruins scenes he participates in. Not to mention, talked mad shit to players during Legion, and now he's just openly referring to Sylvanas as "my love". Ugh...

I mean, BFA has been a fucking travesty in almost everything it has attempted to do (other than Kul Tiras being a very well laid-out continent). But Nathanos just makes it a bit worse, just like he does everything else he's involved with.
    You do realise that Sylvanas Nathanos romance has being implied extremely long so giving straighforward answer is bad? Even vanilla times it was said that helf goverment didn't like nathanos gaining so much rank in silvermoon rangers and Sylvanas protected him from them and defied them. Heck sylvanas even then defied her own kingdom for him and later gave up her own life for her kingdom.

Later on sylvanas still goes out of her way to find him and reward him even giving up back from the death tickets ofc Nathanos would be greatly to her and would go out of his way to serve her combined that they loved each other in life.

So you like nearly every NPC being "Oh great champion only you can do this and save us" I was happy that not all character treat us like this great saviour. I like personally him being "do this and I hope you don't get us killed..." as it balances even a little bit the "oh great hero/champion" shit.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    No I don't think he's cringe at all.

not nearly as cringey as all these people that seem to think they're galaxy brains for stringing together a baseless theory from a few twitter posts that there's a writer on-board who uses him as a self-insert. Or that if that were the case, it would have absolutely anything to do with how interesting of a character he is.

He had potential to be a great character, loved his tcg artwork.

And then the writing was taken over by a team of Disney-obsessed basic white girls.