Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    Just like humans then. Shall we start purging Stormwind, before the situation gets out of hand? Hmm, Anduin even looks like Arthas.
    It already has got out of hand. How many leaders of the Cathedral have turned out to be twilight infiltrators?

  2. #42
    Herald of the Titans Tenebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Telogrus Rift
    Posts
    2,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It already has got out of hand. How many leaders of the Cathedral have turned out to be twilight infiltrators?
    Several. Though Stormwind had a bigger problem with Legion infiltration, since many guards (including the general) were corrupted by the Legion without anyone noticing.

    Point is, all mortals and even demi-gods are "ticking bombs". Those who wield cosmic forces can bend the minds of both mortals and deities to their will. The void elves' overexposure to the whispers is balanced by their knowledge and training, putting them in line with the other mortal races.
    "Remember, control demands sacrifice. Power never comes without a price. You risk losing those closest to you in order to save them. This is the bargain we have made."

    Void Elf player/Alleria fan.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    You are the one making logical leaps. We don't even know if they are actual void elves who used to be under Alleria, for all we know they are just Void-possessed high elves like Xal'athath, so high elves who were corrupted by the Void but are unrelated to the blood elves who followed Umbric and joined the Alliance. Or they could just be faceless ones taking on the guise of void elves to infiltrate mortal cities and spread the cult of N'Zoth.

    Why is it so hard for you to accept the fact that there CAN be units that ultimately gave in to the whispers and it's perfectly normal? What makes the void elves so special that a simple thought of some of them falling into the corruption seems to offend you? I really dont understand this obsession. Is their race as a whole a Mery Sue, impervious to stuff others are vulnerable, "for reasons"?

    And no, that potion makes you immune to the Void. That's how you save Ebonhorn. Magni even mentions how the knowledge Wrathion found will be critical in fighting N'Zoth.
    How convinient. A potion that makes you immune to one of the biggest forces. And its made right after the last old god is freed. Nothing suspicious. Who would have thought, a perfect counter to an ultimate enemy would be... a potion.

    You really believe it could be that easy?

  4. #44
    Herald of the Titans Tenebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Telogrus Rift
    Posts
    2,908
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Why is it so hard for you to accept the fact that there CAN be units that ultimately gave in to the whispers and it's perfectly normal? What makes the void elves so special that a simple thought of some of them falling into the corruption seems to offend you? I really dont understand this obsession. Is their race as a whole a Mery Sue, impervious to stuff others are vulnerable, "for reasons"?



    How convinient. A potion that makes you immune to one of the biggest forces. And its made right after the last old god is freed. Nothing suspicious. Who would have thought, a perfect counter to an ultimate enemy would be... a potion.

    You really believe it could be that easy?
    Funny, I thought you said you wouldn't reply to me again.

    I accept that some void elves can fall to the whispers, since even the gods are susceptible to them. It doesn't mean I should take those NPCs at face value, especially when we know that a high elf can look like a void elf if they are possed by Void energy (look at Xal'athath).

    Also, yes, the void elves are special. They are constantly training to hone their skills and knowledge on how to resist the whispers, and that's precisely why they chose Telogrus Rift as their home, because it contains key knowledge to combat the whispers. They are also led by the first mortal to defy the shadows' whispers.

    How convinient. A potion that makes you immune to one of the biggest forces. And its made right after the last old god is freed. Nothing suspicious. Who would have thought, a perfect counter to an ultimate enemy would be... a potion.

    You really believe it could be that easy?
    Given how that's literally what happens, you give the potion to Ebonhorn and the whispers subside, yes. "It can't be that easy" is not a convincing argument. Facts don't care about your feelings.
    "Remember, control demands sacrifice. Power never comes without a price. You risk losing those closest to you in order to save them. This is the bargain we have made."

    Void Elf player/Alleria fan.

  5. #45
    Pit Lord Amaterasu65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In your belly
    Posts
    2,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    I don't think this means anywhere. It's just like Xal'athath. The majority of those cultists are not void elves because Blizzard is planning some 5000iq Umbric corruption arc. It's because void elves are just thematically perfect as random mobs that serve an Old God. You're overthinking this, basically.
    This. Void Elves will be the standard mob type for Void enemies. I wouldn't pay any attention to it. We don't have any indication that VE have sided with the Old Gods yet. Besides, the fact that there are Void Elves in their ranks doesn't mean anything, we know Twilight's Hammer consisted of all kind of races. Even if Void Elves did go to N'zoth, they wouldn't be the first and it wouldn't make their void affiliation the sole reason for happening, as it's been happening for quite a long time already on every other race on Azeroth.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post

    I wonder if they're related to the Twilight's Hammer in any way.
    I'm not sure. I mean, they could be, TH was always aligned with Old Gods and we've seen them active a few times in Legion and at the beginning of BfA in Silithus. We've also seen them turn into non-mortal beings several times. What I think is different with those agents though, we never see them change into anything and if I had not used the purification beam I'd never have noticed that they are not humans/elves/whatever. And this is something we have not seen the Twilight Hammer do in the past.
    So, unless the TH learned some new tricks, my guess is more they are some actual Old God spawn, not recruited mortals and, I'd say, not Twilight Hammer.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    Given how that's literally what happens, you give the potion to Ebonhorn and the whispers subside, yes. "It can't be that easy" is not a convincing argument. Facts don't care about your feelings.
    What if it's only an illusion? What if the potion's purpose is to seem like something that can make you immune to corruption, only to corrupt you from the inside at the right moment?
    If all of the dragonflights drink this and then fall to the corruption at the right moment (say, 9.0), that would be a great addition to N'zoth's arsenal.

    It just really seems too easy and just dumb for a potion to make you immune to a powerful force. If it was possible, it would have been done long ago, to multiple forces.

  8. #48
    Herald of the Titans Tenebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Telogrus Rift
    Posts
    2,908
    What if it's only an illusion? What if the potion's purpose is to seem like something that can make you immune to corruption, only to corrupt you from the inside at the right moment?
    What if Azeroth is just a program created by the protoss to have fun in their free time? Theories with no solid evidence are irrelevant.

    Also, why would Wrathion create a potion that actually helps N'Zoth when he wants to defeat him?
    "Remember, control demands sacrifice. Power never comes without a price. You risk losing those closest to you in order to save them. This is the bargain we have made."

    Void Elf player/Alleria fan.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    What if Azeroth is just a program created by the protoss to have fun in their free time? Theories with no solid evidence are irrelevant.
    I would expect such statement from someone who's in Lore subforum for their first time, not you.
    It really looks like I struck a nerve by even suggesting some Void Elves can give in to the whispers. Oof.

    Also, why would Wrathion create a potion that actually helps N'Zoth when he wants to defeat him?
    Cause he's still corrupted.
    I mean, either this or the Old Gods / Void Lords are a fucking joke that can be dealt with through a potion or some red dragon cleansing an egg. This is how I expect the story to evolve because it all looks too easy considering how big of a force it is.

  10. #50
    Herald of the Titans Tenebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Telogrus Rift
    Posts
    2,908
    I would expect such statement from someone who's in Lore subforum for their first time, not you.
    It really looks like I struck a nerve by even suggesting some Void Elves can give in to the whispers. Oof.
    Then do tell me on what basis you claim that that potion, CREATED BY AN ENEMY OF THE OLD GOD, is actually deceiving the user into thinking they're free.

    You didn't strike any nerve. If anything, I was worried I did. Because, you know, you wanted to drop the debate (you explicitely said that) as we started it...
    Cause he's still corrupted.
    No. He is very much free and trying to act in Azeroth's best interests. This has been the case since MoP. He did not support Y'shaarj, he supported either the Alliance or Horde because he wanted Azeroth to stand united against whatever evil threat would come its way.

    Also, just because you can block the whispers of the Void doesn't mean the Void is not a threat any longer. Sargeras was the greatest threat to the cosmos and he didn't whisper jackshit to people. If the Void Lords find a way into the mortal plane, and they don't need whispers to do that, then let's see how useful Wrathion's little potion will be against a Void titan.
    Last edited by Tenebra; 2019-09-29 at 09:00 PM.
    "Remember, control demands sacrifice. Power never comes without a price. You risk losing those closest to you in order to save them. This is the bargain we have made."

    Void Elf player/Alleria fan.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    Shadow priests have been doing fine for 15 years. It's alright.
    Shadow priest aren't living embodiments of manifested void...

  12. #52
    High Overlord kaiba1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Nya'lotha is the SLEEPING city, not the sleepless. Which interests me as to why his agents are called sleepLESS: are they given the title when they are out of the city, and are therefore no longer sleeping, or is it some kind of caste system deal where they are lower ranking?
    Infracted.[/b]
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-09-29 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Received Infraction
    Kaiba, Vengeance Incarnate
    Level 120 Demon Hunter - Garona, US
    Havoc Specialization
    Level 31 Hunter - Mankrik, US
    Catch me live on Twitch.tv @Kaiba12

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    Then do tell me on what basis you claim that that potion, CREATED BY AN ENEMY OF THE OLD GOD, is actually deceiving the user into thinking they're free.
    Confirmed he made it or did we just find it on a shelf in a place we thought he might have been?

  14. #54
    Scarab Lord Maxrokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Zuldazar
    Posts
    4,924
    He heard the rumors of Anduin seeing a certain cow and now he is back to reclaim that blondie booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    we know Twilight's Hammer consisted of all kind of races.
    See, this is the thing. Blizzard has usually gone out of its way to make the Twilight's Hammer look very inclusive. Yet in this questline every mob is a human or void elf and every caster mob is a void elf except for one human in Kul Tiran uniform. Again I am obviously not saying this is proof of anything but we should not discount it either.

    As for void elves being the best NPC model to use for void users; you can apply the Voidform template to any race for similar effect tbh.

  16. #56
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    22,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    See, this is the thing. Blizzard has usually gone out of its way to make the Twilight's Hammer look very inclusive. Yet in this questline every mob is a human or void elf and every caster mob is a void elf except for one human in Kul Tiran uniform. Again I am obviously not saying this is proof of anything but we should not discount it either.

    As for void elves being the best NPC model to use for void users; you can apply the Voidform template to any race for similar effect tbh.
    I assume that the Void Elves would be uniquely vulnerable to the whispers of N'Zoth, being that they're already compromised by the Void and N'Zoth itself is a harbinger of the Void Lords. The fallen Tidesages who followed Lord Stormsong in joining Azshara likely share the same thematic riff. This will probably be a salient factor in 8.3.
    "The finest line of poetry ever uttered in the history of this whole damn country was said by Canada Bill Jones in 1853, in Baton Rouge, while he was being robbed blind in a crooked game of Faro. George Devol, who was, like Canada Bill, not a man who was averse to fleecing the odd sucker, drew Bill aside and asked him if he couldn't see that the game was crooked. And Canada Bill sighed, and shrugged his shoulders, and said, 'I know. But it's the only game in town.' And he went back to the game." -- Neil Gaiman, "American Gods"

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Nya'lotha is the SLEEPING city, not the sleepless. Which interests me as to why his agents are called sleepLESS: are they given the title when they are out of the city, and are therefore no longer sleeping, or is it some kind of caste system deal where they are lower ranking?
    Or simply because "all eyes will be opened". Now that N'zoth has awakened, his minions have too. Maybe he literally doesn't let them sleep, making them even easier to corrupt.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I assume that the Void Elves would be uniquely vulnerable to the whispers of N'Zoth, being that they're already compromised by the Void and N'Zoth itself is a harbinger of the Void Lords. The fallen Tidesages who followed Lord Stormsong in joining Azshara likely share the same thematic riff. This will probably be a salient factor in 8.3.
    Plus they are not twilight hammer. We know the remnants of the Hammer were in Silithus and we dealt with them yet again; what if this is an entirely new cult that started in Stormwind due to the Void Elf presence there (or was concurrent between Stormwind and Kul Tiras with the members joining forces as the nations did). If we ARE headed for a Stormwind raid, this can easily be the source of one or two raid bosses there (maybe a council fight even).

  19. #59
    Herald of the Titans Tenebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Telogrus Rift
    Posts
    2,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    See, this is the thing. Blizzard has usually gone out of its way to make the Twilight's Hammer look very inclusive. Yet in this questline every mob is a human or void elf and every caster mob is a void elf except for one human in Kul Tiran uniform. Again I am obviously not saying this is proof of anything but we should not discount it either.

    As for void elves being the best NPC model to use for void users; you can apply the Voidform template to any race for similar effect tbh.
    But why do that, when you can just use the new Void-corrupted subrace? It seems unecessary at this point to just apply the Shadowform effect to random blood/high elves.

    I'll be blunt. Joe does not give a shit about the story or the void elves, but Blizzard wants to tell Joe that the Void is the enemy now. So they use many mobs from the only void-infused race playable. I mean, you're Blizzard: if you have to choose which Void mobs put in the game, you wouldn't choose tauren, orcs, or gnomes... No. Now that you have void elves, just insert void elves as "generic void enemies", who are easily recognizable as void enemies by the casual player. You follow my logic?

    Again, I don't really think this is leading to anything relevant in the story and wouldn't overthink this.

    Plus they are not twilight hammer. We know the remnants of the Hammer were in Silithus and we dealt with them yet again; what if this is an entirely new cult that started in Stormwind due to the Void Elf presence there (or was concurrent between Stormwind and Kul Tiras with the members joining forces as the nations did). If we ARE headed for a Stormwind raid, this can easily be the source of one or two raid bosses there (maybe a council fight even).
    Is it really such a big deal? I mean, there have been secret evil cults hidden in Stormwind for ages. I don't feel like a few void elves starting a rogue cult is such a big deal, enough to have not one but two raid encounters.
    Last edited by Tenebra; 2019-09-30 at 12:26 PM.
    "Remember, control demands sacrifice. Power never comes without a price. You risk losing those closest to you in order to save them. This is the bargain we have made."

    Void Elf player/Alleria fan.

  20. #60
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Posts
    20,321
    Obviously the void elves forgot to tell the void and Nzoth how deep and enigmatic and mysterious they were, so they got corrupted.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •