Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    If everyone needs on everything because gold, then you don't have a problem.
    Let fate decide if you get something, and if not, someone else gets some gold and you get to try, try again.

Always kills me to see grown ass people bitch and moan at each other for 20 minutes because of some pixels.
    Shit's better than watching an episode of Maury.

Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    He's a cunt, and you should let people know. Name and shame.
    The solution, btw, is for everyone to start needing on everything if you have one cocksucker who thinks that's OK.
    This right here ladies and gentleman, this is why your "classic community" is a toxic Pitt of negativity. This is by far the most popular "solution" in here. You all only think of yourself. Only a few people pick the least harmful and troublesome path - finish the run, ignore the player, move on with life. Instead, nearly all of you want to create even more drama, and inconvenience as many people as possible.

Not once have you said "hey, I would quietly check with the other three players, and see what they wanted to do" nope, you all just want to remove the player, leave yourself, both of which massively impact the other 3 innocent players, or, just start behaving EXACTLY THE SAME.

Apparrantly, in the classic community, 2 wrongs make a right. "Good news everybody, someone is behaving like a prick, now we can AL behave like pricks and it's totally ok!!!!".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I have had things taken that should have been mine while tanking from a rando, so I shit on them in trade and LFG for 10 minutes, guess who I don't see in dungeons anymore? That person who took all the loot lol.

They either stopped playing or transferred off the server, either way I win.
    What utter bullshit - talk about delusions of granduar. Seriously you guys need to get your head out, this just isn't real - no one cares that someone got some shitty green you wanted. There is no "blacklisting" other than your pretty little ignore list of lost rolls.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    I did an SM group and the tank pulled too big and died early on.

After that, every item no one else NEEDED, he NEEDED cause he had to pay for his repair bill.

Last boss drops mail tank shoulders, which he needs of course. Again, to pay for his repairs.

Is this a new thing? Or was this guy just a self entitled dick?
    Kick him, make these people learn how to act with other human beings, they need to learn that their behavior is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    In one scenario, needing the item saves the group a lot of time. The other is just egoistic.

If you don't see the difference, there is no more reason to even discuss this.
    Broken bracers would not impact the run, at all. If you think broken bracers are suddenly going to make a run slower, you are delusional. Both situations loot was needed for gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Kick him, make these people learn how to act with other human beings, they need to learn that their behavior is pathetic.
    What if he is the party leader? Many would argue that adults throwing tantrums over loot in a video game is rather pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What utter bullshit - talk about delusions of granduar. Seriously you guys need to get your head out, this just isn't real - no one cares that someone got some shitty green you wanted. There is no "blacklisting" other than your pretty little ignore list of lost rolls.
    Nope, when someone needs a clearly tanking item because it was better than what they had and the tank needs it people are going to be notified. Especially when they were cunts about it afterwards.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    He's a self entitled dick. Would've kicked him
    Why do you all assume you are the party leader?

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, when someone needs a clearly tanking item because it was better than what they had and the tank needs it people are going to be notified. Especially when they were cunts about it afterwards.
    Never happened. No one cares. Seriously, when you all start crying in chat about a lost item, everyone mocks you, we all see it time and time again. No one cares.

What if he is the party leader? Many would argue that adults throwing tantrums over loot in a video game is rather pathetic.
    Not if gaming is your hobby and you ran it a bunch of times to only have it taken when it drops, it is great there are tons of people who do not have to work and can waste other peoples time but most of us work full time.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you all assume you are the party leader?

- - - Updated - - -

Never happened. No one cares. Seriously, when you all start crying in chat about a lost item, everyone mocks you, we all see it time and time again. No one cares.
    I am always the party leader if I am tanking or I don't join simple as that.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

3+ Year Old Account
    It's not about the loot, the situation here is not that he's ninja'ing or anything, OP clearly stated the guy needed on stuff no one else wanted, so technically this is not about loot. It's about being so bad at the game that you feel the need to make other people pay for your lack of intelligence. Running out of gold is a lack of intelligence, it doesn't "just happen". When you buy your mount don't just get your 90g flush and then run around with 36 copper to your name, buy your mount when you're at like 92 or something so you have a little left in case you get in a bad group that makes you wipe, etc. (or just don't go run a dungeon right after) That's just basic MMO knowledge everyone should have when playing a 15 years old game, it's more obvious than looking left and right before crossing the street.

If OP is not party leader then he could just leave the group or better yet, get everyone in the group to need on everything, the main goal is to make that idiot understand he's an idiot. A lot of people playing this game don't realize they are garbage people, they need to be told. Letting them be is enabling and that's how the community of this game became so bad.

Shit people need to have shit thrown at them, the tolerance for cancer in the gaming community is worse than any form of toxicity or "hurtful words".

It's not about the loot, the situation here is not that he's ninja'ing or anything, OP clearly stated the guy needed on stuff no one else wanted, so technically this is not about loot. It's about being so bad at the game that you feel the need to make other people pay for your lack of intelligence. Running out of gold is a lack of intelligence, it doesn't "just happen". When you buy your mount don't just get your 90g flush and then run around with 36 copper to your name, buy your mount when you're at like 92 or something so you have a little left in case you get in a bad group that makes you wipe, etc. (or just don't go run a dungeon right after) That's just basic MMO knowledge everyone should have when playing a 15 years old game, it's more obvious than looking left and right before crossing the street.

If OP is not party leader then he could just leave the group or better yet, get everyone in the group to need on everything, the main goal is to make that idiot understand he's an idiot. A lot of people playing this game don't realize they are garbage people, they need to be told. Letting them be is enabling and that's how the community of this game became so bad.

Shit people need to have shit thrown at them, the tolerance for cancer in the gaming community is worse than any form of toxicity or "hurtful words".
    And yet another person who's "solution" is to replicate the bad behavior, thinking that will in some way discourage bad behaviour. You talk about ensuring you have a buffer of gold at all times being even more basic than looking left and right before crossing the road, something we learn as kids, and yet you missed the part where two wrongs don't make a right? Behaving the same way doesn't discourage bad behaviour, it enables and encourages it.

- - - Updated - - -

I am always the party leader if I am tanking or I don't join simple as that.
    Why did you respond to a question directed at someone else? What a strange thing to do. So when someone is looking for a tank, you respond with "I will come, but I demand that I am group leader"? Sounds like you have SERIOUS control issues.

And yet another person who's "solution" is to replicate the bad behavior, thinking that will in some way discourage bad behaviour. You talk about ensuring you have a buffer of gold at all times being even more basic than looking left and right before crossing the road, something we learn as kids, and yet you missed the part where two wrongs don't make a right? Behaving the same way doesn't discourage bad behaviour, it enables and encourages it.

- - - Updated - - -

Why did you respond to a question directed at someone else? What a strange thing to do. So when someone is looking for a tank, you respond with "I will come, but I demand that I am group leader"? Sounds like you have SERIOUS control issues.
    Becasue it sounds like you are part of the problem and defending ninja looting, on PvE servers we don't put up with that shit.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Becasue it sounds like you are part of the problem and defending ninja looting, on PvE servers we don't put up with that shit.
    I'm saying it flat out is NOT ninja looting. Some of you want to run loot rules outside of the framework Blizzard provides. This is absolutely fine, and Blizzard even encourage it by providing a system for exactly this situation - masterloot. This allows you to decide what is/is not acceptable. Blizzard have outlined their stance on what is and is not considered ninja looting (which falls under griefing) and this falls well outside those limits.

As I have said, the sensible, level headed thing to do that causes the least inconvenience to the 3 innocent party members who also have time invested in the run, is to complete the run, if ore the player, and move on. Anything else is over dramatic and childish.

3+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Two wrongs don't make a right is just an expression, it's not a rule of life and in many cases it's not even a useful tip to give anyone. There's plenty of examples where doing something "wrong" can be the right things, such as fighting back against your bully, much more efficient than letting them beat you up just because you don't want to do the wrong thing. Enabling the bad behavior (letting people do the wrong things they do) is more problematic than teaching them not to.

By the way, I never suggested to REPLICATE the behavior. His behavior is not being good/smart enough to have the gold, or because of lack of evidence, making up bullshit story as an excuse to need on everything. I'm not saying people should do that. I'm saying people should do something to counter this bad behavior, that includes needing on items he needs to teach him a lesson, disrupt his selfish plans.

2 very different behaviors there. Replicating the behavior would be me saying people should start doing what this guy did the next time they run a dungeon with the excuse of "someone stole from me, I should stole from them".

It's true that replicating bad behavior is bad, but I never said people should, you just think the bad behavior is "needing on items" while it actually is everything around it or that lead to it.

If a burglar gets in your home the only thing you should give them is a broken jaw or a bullet in the ass, not your properties. Stand up for yourself, fight garbage people.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    The latter. Had a similar experience a few years ago when a hunter needed on a shield I needed just so he could vendor it. Some players are just dicks.
    Given that hunters haven't been able to roll on shields for about a decade+ in game, seems longer than a few years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    If people agree on it before the run, then sure. I guess there is an argument somewhere.

But it should definitely not be the default that tanks can get all vendor loot.
    By joining a group you agree to all loot rules the leader decides to put into place.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Two wrongs don't make a right is just an expression, it's not a rule of life and in many cases it's not even a useful tip to give anyone. There's plenty of examples where doing something "wrong" can be the right things, such as fighting back against your bully, much more efficient than letting them beat you up just because you don't want to do the wrong thing. Enabling the bad behavior (letting people do the wrong things they do) is more problematic than teaching them not to.

By the way, I never suggested to REPLICATE the behavior. His behavior is not being good/smart enough to have the gold, or because of lack of evidence, making up bullshit story as an excuse to need on everything. I'm not saying people should do that. I'm saying people should do something to counter this bad behavior, that includes needing on items he needs to teach him a lesson, disrupt his selfish plans.

2 very different behaviors there. Replicating the behavior would be me saying people should start doing what this guy did the next time they run a dungeon with the excuse of "someone stole from me, I should stole from them".

It's true that replicating bad behavior is bad, but I never said people should, you just think the bad behavior is "needing on items" while it actually is everything around it or that lead to it.

If a burglar gets in your home the only thing you should give them is a broken jaw or a bullet in the ass, not your properties. Stand up for yourself, fight garbage people.
    You are not suggesting ppl fight back against their bully. You are suggesting ppl start to bully others as well. How can you not see the difference?

You are not suggesting ppl fight back against the burglar, you are suggesting they pinch the neighbours car.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2019-09-30 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    The latter. Had a similar experience a few years ago when a hunter needed on a shield I needed just so he could vendor it. Some players are just dicks.
    Back in time happened often.

If gold gathering was not so retardly difficult I bet that there would have been less greedy ppl around.

I'm saying it flat out is NOT ninja looting. Some of you want to run loot rules outside of the framework Blizzard provides. This is absolutely fine, and Blizzard even encourage it by providing a system for exactly this situation - masterloot. This allows you to decide what is/is not acceptable. Blizzard have outlined their stance on what is and is not considered ninja looting (which falls under griefing) and this falls well outside those limits.

As I have said, the sensible, level headed thing to do that causes the least inconvenience to the 3 innocent party members who also have time invested in the run, is to complete the run, if ore the player, and move on. Anything else is over dramatic and childish.
    Oh I agree, I finished the run and stayed quiet about it until it finished as I always do, but after that we all made it known not to invite this person as they would likely do it again which is 100% fair.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    By joining a group you agree to all loot rules the leader decides to put into place.
    This is correct, but beyond this, when joining a group, it is your responsibility to confirm loot rules when joining a group. Not correcting you, you are right, just another level many ppl do t seem to realise. It used to be very common to see ppl crying about loot, followed by "I joined on 2nd boss, and assumed it was Ms>os"

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I agree, I finished the run and stayed quiet about it until it finished as I always do, but after that we all made it known not to invite this person as they would likely do it again which is 100% fair.
    If people choose to complain in chat, that's entirely up to them. In my experience, and everyone I play with over multiple realms since early vanilla, it has little to no impact.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is correct, but beyond this, when joining a group, it is your responsibility to confirm loot rules when joining a group.
    Oh BULLSHIT. People don't explicitly talk about loot rules, we assume that it's the same rules people have lived by for years... Need if you need the item because it's an upgrade. Greed if it's not and you might just sell or DE it. These are common loot rules in WoW and have been for years. Sometimes I'll restate them (did last night when a group of 4 of us pugged a tank, just so he knew he was OK to Need on BoE greens dropping in SM Lib.)

Life is this way. You don't state common social rules every time you get together. Grabbing drinks with a friend? You don't say, before you order, "Now, we're splitting the tab, right?" you assume you're doing that. People state *exceptions*. "Hey man, just got a promotion, let's grab drinks and celebrate, my treat."

Needing for repairs is 100% a dick move. If you don't have the silver to repair, don't fucking run instances. Run a few quests, get some silver/greys to sell/etc. Needing for repairs is like showing up for drinks and expecting others to pay because you pissed away your money and it's not payday.

3+ Year Old Account
    You are not suggesting ppl fight back against their bully. You are suggesting ppl start to bully others as well. How can you not see the difference?

You are not suggesting ppl fight back against the burglar, you are suggesting they pinch the neighbours car.
    No. Stop being wrong, it serves no purpose. I specifically said they should need on everything to counter the stupid shit this guy is doing. Never said they should do that to other players. Your statement is absolutely wrong and I explained this in detail in the post you quoted even repeated myself in different words twice to make sure you understood.

Don't waste my time with your forum ego, learn that you are wrong and stop defending your lost cause.

It was this, any many other problems, that facilitated the creation of personal loot. It became a necessity. People needing for repairs, vendor trash, because they thought it was better, for an os or any other reason. People forgot about all of these because they want to complain about personal loot. Well, this is the alternative. Loot ninjas.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?