Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You should read posts you reply to. Like i said in my post that you quoted, the discussion point is clear -the majority of "classic players" in this thread believe that the appropriate response to bad behavior in game is to replicate that bad behavior and encourage others to do the same. This seems to go against the really strong community that was yapped on about for months where anyone who behaved poorly in any way was removed from groups IMMEDIATELY, kicked from guilds, unable to ever find a guild again, and often chased off the server altogether.
    If you came here to be annoying, its working.

this arkanon guy is so god damn butt hurt. why wont you just leave the classic forums mate? retail is there?

on topic, that guy was a plain dick. it is no excuse. 1 or 2 greens would cover his repair already. he wont be doing much with that attitude.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    I did an SM group and the tank pulled too big and died early on.

After that, every item no one else NEEDED, he NEEDED cause he had to pay for his repair bill.

Last boss drops mail tank shoulders, which he needs of course. Again, to pay for his repairs.

Is this a new thing? Or was this guy just a self entitled dick?
    never once had I heard that excuse, boggles my mind why i neer find players as gullible as you lmao

Fun thing. It's classic. You can out him as a ninja and he'll get less invites. The literal only advantage to no automated group finders.

Kick and ignore, why did u even continue the run?

And yet the poster directly above you doesn't agree - and Blizzard CERTAINLY dont agree. This is just another example of the Myth of "server identity" and "reputations matter!" - they never did, and never will. Reading through the thread you see just as many people who say "meh, just do the same thing and need everything" when compared to "this is ninja looting and this person should be put on ignore".

- - - Updated - - -

Basically, no, not at all; basically.

- - - Updated - - -

So you encourage people to ruin the dungeon and inconvenience 3 group members, because of the behavior of one?
    If you enjoy getting dominated in game by some neckbeard holding you hostage.. By all means, be his pet until the end

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and next time look for tank 4 hours instead 2

must be fun living in delusionville where people actually blacklist tanks and healers.
    Unless you are one of those obnoxious players that create groups with loots reserved something is really off if you have to wait that long to find a tank.

Ive had no issues whatsoever to fill my groups.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

He's a self entitled dick. Would've kicked him

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Pretty common. A very reliable way to make money in wow is just to vendor high value items.
    Its mostly grays, but weapons and plate armor vendor for a lot too.

Loot just is distributed poorly in Classic.
    Ideally, needing an item shouldn't even be possible if you can't wear it.
    A feature introduced later on.
    Or perhaps more ideal, personal loot.

No reserving. No needing for vendoring.
    No nonsense at all.

Its not what people think they want, but it solves a lot of problems and predatory behavior by people who think they are more important than the etiquette of the game.
    Ninja looting sucks but its part of the experience. 3 hunters all needing 1 item is part of the experience. It not only helps keep gear inflation down, but it feels good to see the gear drop rather then not. Personal loot you can go several dungeons without seeing anything. with group loot you at least see the gear drop, even if you might not win it.

Plus if someone is enough of a shit head to ninja, call them out and alert other guilds. Talk to thier gm too. Without Xrealm, there is more of a community, and ninja's will be blacklisted. If they are known to do stupid things, everyone will know about them.

I dont think slippery slope is a thing because it is not - and this has been proven time and time again. You can google it if you want to educate yourself on it. First off, from a purchasers pov, games exist to entertain - you can label that as "wasting time" if you like, but i certainly dont. The very suggestion that wow was designed to be an RPG is insulting - it was absolutely designed to be a streamlined, simplified, easier version of other MMO's on the market - so i hate to completely ruin your entire argument, but wow is what it is because it was always designed to be a streamlined game compared to its competition.

You also dont seem to understand how personal loot works, and seem to think duplicate items ONLY occurs in modern wow, and never happened in earlier iterations, which is fundamentally wrong. You also apply this standard where you feel it works for your argument, but not other parts of the same game. Does it make sense for a boar which CLEARLY has 2 eyes fall over dead, but suddenly have no eyes, and yet an identical boar drops 2? No. Does it make sense to get dragons in the mail? no. You cannot expect realism in a game were you run around riding dinosaurs and firing lightning bolts out of your hands - Killed the big bad boss? well done! oops, its Wednesday, hes back! See that big 2h sword the boss has been attacking you with? well, he just died, and 2 of them dropped! well done!
    I said use RPG as much as possible. You like shit games and liberal art trends go play retail. Bye.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd either:

1) Leave the group if the others are letting the tank do this
    2) As petty as it is, do the same
    3) Kick him and get a tank that doesn't think the world revolves around them

Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    yeah except, tanks are obsolete untill lvl 50. And no raid will bring a ninja tank. And since they only need 2-4, demand is lower than supply.
    This right here, so the "myth" lives. I have 6 guys so far on my ignore for either beign a ninja or misbehaving. Luckily it means I wont have to deal with them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I'd either:

1) Leave the group if the others are letting the tank do this
    2) As petty as it is, do the same
    3) Kick him and get a tank that doesn't think the world revolves around them
    DPS are a dime a dozen though, kicking the Tank and probbaly having wasted up to an hour or whatever forming the group, getting to the dungeon etc, over a couple gold is not a good use of time. Complete the run, block the Tank and move on.

He's a cunt, and you should let people know. Name and shame.
    The solution, btw, is for everyone to start needing on everything if you have one cocksucker who thinks that's OK.

Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    He's a cunt, and you should let people know. Name and shame.
    The solution, btw, is for everyone to start needing on everything if you have one cocksucker who thinks that's OK.
    You're a worthless dime a dozen DPS I take it?

Seriously though, shame all you want. No one actually cares. I've seen many cases of people scream NINJA when it actually wasn't. A Prot War taking a 2-hander when no one in the group wants it "but you're a tank! NINJA REEEEEE."

Grow a pair.
    Last edited by Reyuna; 2019-09-30 at 03:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was just being a turd. Probably saving for a mount. He just wanted that sweet sweet vendor money, but he chose to be an entitled duck about it. Not even a smart one, since it's absurdly easy to get the 60% mount (I got it at the end of level 40 even after raising all 5 professions to 300 skill cap and I didn't even farm a ton).
    As a hunter, I would have kicked his rear and pet-tanked the rest of the place. Screw people like that.

So needing on an item that you only want because you didnt repair before the run is different to needing on an item to pay to repair your items? In both scenarios, you are taking loot that could have gone to someone else.
    In one scenario, needing the item saves the group a lot of time. The other is just egoistic.

If you don't see the difference, there is no more reason to even discuss this.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Been playing Classic a lot since launch. If you're group isn't full after 5 minutes or less of looking that's absoultely a "you" issue, all these people pretending you have to kowtow to a player because he's a tank or a healer must have social interaction issues in game.

If you're DPS and you hit 60 without several reliable tanks and healers on your friends list you dun goofed. Likewise as the other roles. If you can't be arsed with that, by all means complain that no one wants to play with you or you have to spend 40 minutes in Ironforge spamming trade like an absoulte dipstick. The people with a modicum of charisma will enjoy their MMO and laugh at your incompetence.

SO yeah, some entitled tank starts needing for "repairs", call him out and go find a better group. I do forget sometimes that of course, all loot rules are "out of the window" as soon as something valuable drops, because 'reasons'. But other than that, it's pretty clear what "need" and "greed" are for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I have had things taken that should have been mine while tanking from a rando, so I shit on them in trade and LFG for 10 minutes, guess who I don't see in dungeons anymore? That person who took all the loot lol.

They either stopped playing or transferred off the server, either way I win.