Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Is Blizzard trying to destroy mythic raiding guilds?

So for raiding guilds which have already cleared the raid there is no point in raiding anymore.
    The gear you get in EP is useless with the next raid because the next season of m+ gear will have an ilvl of 460+, azshara drops no mount and the raid and classes are not that fun to justify raiding every week for the next 3-4 months.

The question is: Are raiding guilds forced to either suffer through the next months or to risk a guild disbandment? Because we all know that there are some players who will never come back online if they stay offline for too long.

Half serious question that is.

Also you may think things like: "nobody is forcing you to play" or "Lol, my ret pally is super fun to me."
    If this is the case I kindly ask you to go to the next thread. This is about mythic raiding and if you dont understand the basic rules of it then what are you doing here?

Is Blizzard trying to destroy mythic raiding guilds?
    Yes. Specifically yours.

How is this any different than what happened in Legion?

It doesn't matter what the next season of M+ gear will be. It caps for the start, and the cutting edge guilds will still want their advantage at the start.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're implying all a mythic raider does or want to do is raid.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    No.

Blizz is putting exactly as much effort into the game as they think will keep enough people subbed. They don't care about mythic raiders any more or less than anyone else filling Blizz coffers.

TBH, this is what so many people claimed to want. They didn't want to have to level characters through older content from the same expansion, you didn't want raids that took very long, you pretty much just wanted to get to the meat of the bosses...and you got precisely that.

Foolishly, you never considered what that actually meant. In other words, you failed to heed the advise of being careful of what you wish for...you just might get it.

And, thus, you have months of boredom waiting for the next content dump because you got what you asked for...

Does this not happen every single patch cycle though?

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    azshara drops no mount
    I thought Azshara was the mount. Aw man, this thread lied to me. https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...hara-hot/page3
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Well, before BfA, my gear from the last tier at least lasted for more than two days after the patch hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    You're implying all a mythic raider does or want to do is raid.
    All they do is raid raid raid no matter what.

I thought Azshara was the mount. Aw man, this thread lied to me. https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...hara-hot/page3
    Have you seen how many crappy "champions" she has? I doubt those got their position based on battlefield skill...

So for raiding guilds which have already cleared the raid there is no point in raiding anymore.
    The gear you get in EP is useless with the next raid because the next season of m+ gear will have an ilvl of 460+, azshara drops no mount and the raid and classes are not that fun to justify raiding every week for the next 3-4 months.

The question is: Are raiding guilds forced to either suffer through the next months or to risk a guild disbandment? Because we all know that there are some players who will never come back online if they stay offline for too long.

Also you may think things like: "nobody is forcing you to play" or "Lol, my ret pally is super fun to me."
    If this is the case I kindly ask you to go to the next thread. This is about mythic raiding and if you dont understand the basic rules of it then what are you doing here?
    So it sounds like your guild is having a bit of an issue but you are still farming mythic content which is nice that's okay

So the next raids mythic content will have and item level 460 like you said but the heroic content will b at the current mythic gear level also you want to make sure to farm enough gear because I have no doubt that some of your raiders don't have gear covering the benthic pieces that will be useless next tier

If you have players wanting to quit right now ask your raid leader if they think that now would be an appropriate time for a short break because that can save your guild

[/url]
    This is a new thing. In older expansions gear you got from the last raidtier was usefull for the next one. Sometimes even further than that. EP gear and especially
    Benthic items are completely worthless when the next m+ season comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    All they do is raid raid raid no matter what.
    I mean that's got to be a joke we have some mythic top World guilds currently taking a break until the next tier is at least announced

Mythic raiders is too small playerbase so blizzard dont rly care about this group.

Imagine thinking blizzard designs their game off the 1%, because that's exactly what the % is of guilds who clear mythic, 1%. The world first race was started by players, blizzard doesn't care. If every mythic player quit, blizzard would lose a very small % of their player base

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I mean that's got to be a joke we have some mythic top World guilds currently taking a break until the next tier is at least announced
    Mine was just an attempt at a parody of the song "all I do is win" by Dj Khaled.

This is a new thing. In older expansions gear you got from the last raidtier was usefull for the next one. Sometimes even further than that. EP gear and especially
    Benthic items are completely worthless when the next m+ season comes out.
    So you seem to forget that items from the eternal palace regardless of them not being 15 item levels higher or still pretty strong the ink pod and the razor Coral are two of them

Also if when you think about mythic raiding you're only thinking about the gear then you have an issue because it takes more than gear to clear a mythic raid

The 445 gear that you get from mythic is fine compared to mythic plus where you only get one really high item level piece per week if you raid simply for drops then farming is worth it but if your guild doesn't find it worth it then take a break man that is probably the best thing in order to keep the guild together

however if you are not the real leader or you are simply one of the players who is only motivated by gear and you figure since super high level dungeons will only reward you the only meaningful gear thus you should not do mythic raid farm even if you have alts that might need gear then maybe you shouldn't do it

and if you don't have alts then kindly move along to the next thread because this is about mythic raiding and if you don't know how it works then please move along

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Mine was just an attempt at a parody of the song "all I do is win" by Dj Khaled.
    yeah I kind of figured that but honestly with these forms you can never be sure

Gear is a means to an end. Granted, benthic was lame and took up several slots.

Go back and farm the Jaina one. No skip sucks, but it is what it is. KJ didn't have a mount either, and the game survived.

I went to camp one year. The camp was divided into teams. One day, we went rafting. Most of the group wanted to go down the river as fast as possible. I agreed that winning was the most important thing. The counselor wisely said, if we are the first down the river we will have to wait the longest time before the bus comes to pick us up. He said, we should have fun with the other groups while we go down river. That way, we don't have to wait the longest time for the bus.

Interesting thoughts. Maybe, you should have fun with other groups. That's one take away. Another one is you brought this wait upon yourselves. You defined that winning was completing the content as fast as possible. SO, you have to wait until "the bus comes."

Also if when you think about mythic raiding you're only thinking about the gear then you have an issue because it takes more than gear to clear a mythic raid
    So I have cleared mythic EP, right? Clearly I have all the things that it takes to clear that raid and gear is the only thing that needs constant refreshing with every patch.

The 445 gear that you get from mythic is fine compared to mythic plus where you only get one really high item level piece per week if you raid simply for drops then farming is worth it but if your guild doesn't find it worth it then take a break man that is probably the best thing in order to keep the guild together
    In the next season m+10 keys will give 460 loot baseline with forges up to 485 or something? After like 7-10 Keys you will have replaced most of that EP gear.
    Taking a break from raiding is killing most guilds so this is no option.

and if you don't have alts then kindly move along to the next thread because this is about mythic raiding and if you don't know how it works then please move along
    So my guild is at worldrank 119 without splitraids and with 3 raiding days and 3 days only. Thanks for teaching me how a raiding guild works but I think I am fine.
    Also alts are boring because BFA classes are boring and getting essences sucks.
    Last edited by Exkrementor; 2019-09-29 at 07:05 PM.