Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TayFarr View Post
    So basically the main topic of the, discussion here is
    so far we've been Order Hall Leaders, Garrison Leaders, and Champions of Azeroth, and different sorts of titles
    and if Blizzard decides to go beyond that, no matter how dumb or impossible this sounds, would you go along with being the leader of your Faction if possible?
    Oh feck no.. At that point, I would have to leave the game..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

A murderhobo w/ an utterly broken moral compass becomes the next faction leader, what could go wrong? Oof...
    Last edited by ls-; 2019-09-30 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    "I want another world tree. Right there."
    "Sir, that's Orgrimmar..."
    "And?"
    Lol that's good stuff.

I'd start off by executing Nathanos if Horde Faction Leader, or if Alliance Faction Leader, I'd kick the Night Elves out of the Alliance and offer Lor'themar and the Blood Elves an invitation back into the Alliance.

was the op's intention to ask what you'd do as leader? the wording made me think he was asking if we'd want the position.

i guess as leader of the horde, my belf mage would seek to smooth relations between the elven kingdoms. maybe work together with mages of all other elven races to raise a very large island, somewhere off the northern coast of pandaria, central between eastern kingdoms and kalimdor. build a large city, dedicated to elven magical study, of all elven races. ren'dorei would be allowed their void studies, have a more natural area for the kaldorei. just a large place for all the elves to mingle and study.

other races could visit, but couldn't live there, and humans would have stricter entry requirements than all other races. they must have an elven chaperone.

my night elf druid would retake diremaul, like the other person said. could maybe see her working with my mage to work out horde withdrawal from feralas entirely, and then establish a full new society there. she'd be most interested in fixing the night elven naval problem, their complete lack of any real naval capability.

the rest of the alliance and horde could mostly govern their selves. these two don't really care about much else than the preservation of their people(belf is a bit of an elven supremacist, and thinks it's stupid for the elves to quarrel with each other at the behest of lesser races) and azeroth. i got many different characters that all behave mostly differently, so it'd be too long to write about them all.

Well, if i would become the god king of all gnomes, i would take back gnomeregan and make it the wonderful main captial of gnomish culture.

The game would have to become a SP game at that point.

I would crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and hear the lamentations of their women.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    was the op's intention to ask what you'd do as leader? the wording made me think he was asking if we'd want the position.

i guess as leader of the horde, my belf mage would seek to smooth relations between the elven kingdoms. maybe work together with mages of all other elven races to raise a very large island, somewhere off the northern coast of pandaria, central between eastern kingdoms and kalimdor. build a large city, dedicated to elven magical study, of all elven races. ren'dorei would be allowed their void studies, have a more natural area for the kaldorei. just a large place for all the elves to mingle and study.

other races could visit, but couldn't live there, and humans would have stricter entry requirements than all other races. they must have an elven chaperone.

my night elf druid would retake diremaul, like the other person said. could maybe see her working with my mage to work out horde withdrawal from feralas entirely, and then establish a full new society there. she'd be most interested in fixing the night elven naval problem, their complete lack of any real naval capability.

the rest of the alliance and horde could mostly govern their selves. these two don't really care about much else than the preservation of their people(belf is a bit of an elven supremacist, and thinks it's stupid for the elves to quarrel with each other at the behest of lesser races) and azeroth. i got many different characters that all behave mostly differently, so it'd be too long to write about them all.
    Nope you were corrected with the 2nd statement, in this sentence ''was the op's intention to ask what you'd do as leader? the wording made me think he was asking if we'd want the position.''

(I was asking if you'd all want the position.
    Last edited by TayFarr; 2019-09-30 at 03:36 PM.

"Hail, oh mighty Warchief of the Horde. Welcome to the mysterious island that was mysteriously hidden until <insert expansion starting event here>. Before I show you around, can you fetch me some bear asses? Also please kill 10 of that race you never interacted with before and that you have no reason to fight but that we don't like and hey, we talked to you first."

Yeah, sounds fitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Not a bad idea. Silvermoon as the new capital of the Horde.

Think King Mechagon ... I'd be like the Lich King, or the Banshee Queen, except I'd be the Mechanical Monarch

Everyone is at least 50% mechanical or they are a goner.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by TayFarr View Post
    Nope you were corrected with the 2nd statement, in this sentence ''was the op's intention to ask what you'd do as leader? the wording made me think he was asking if we'd want the position.''

(I was asking if you'd all want the position.
    ah, that's what i figured, but everyone else was stating what they'd do.

i already said i'd rather be order hall leader, not alliance/horde leader.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    this is my point.

the lore will NEVER make sense if you say "player number 157932352, you're tasked to go kill anal'fissure the ball-dangler. report back to me with his head."

gameplay and lore will never match up, so there's no need to shit up lore with trying to spin it around gameplay to say there's 50bil champions. the lore is much better when it's focused on you in the singular.
    but the lore never focus on you in particular, but in the group, in lore it is always a group of champions/heroes who solve the problem, who kill the main villain, so on, champions/heroes who turned into their class hall leaders, but champions and heroes cannot become the leader of the faction is nonsense.

also, it's not just that the army was bigger than the army outside of the gates. it's that alleria specifically says that sylvanas is the only one with the army big enough to fight n'zoth, meaning the alliance, even with all of its forces, isn't strong enough to deal with n'zoth. alleria suggests leaving sylvanas alone until her army goes and kills n'zoth. that's why it's retarded, the alliance army should be bigger and stronger by this point of the story.
    Maybe it is because she have an army of undeads, but it will not be the first time blizzard is doing nonsense like that for the rule of cool, it is like they saying "thudnerbluff will burn"

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Swtor basically did this. I mean it's possible but swtor invested way more In the narrative side then wow.

My actual view is that this would be mistake. While I'm certainly not in the nameless adventurer crowd I dont think we should ever be given a lore position beyond a 'General' or a 'Champion'.
    I always liked the idea of the Class Order Halls having been made up of council leadership with the player being a council member. It allows the nameless adventurer quest approach, where you're free to go where you will and do as you feel is right outside of the politics of Horde/Alliance, it sets the player in a prestigious position, but it also keeps them from being the sole central figure of importance.

From the development standpoint, you could even have quest points where the player has to make a decision. Tally up all the player decisions on the server to determine the direction it goes in the next patch as what the council decided - sometimes with your choice, sometimes the council chose against what you thought. Different servers might wind up with different paths. Obviously nothing massive and game changing since you can't endlessly develop different plot threads. Or it could just be across all servers determines which way the council goes for less complicated development work.

Of course, small choices could allow branching quests now and then as well.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Horrible idea, I freely admit I would be overly bias and all horde cities starting in Kalimdor would be ash within seconds of coronation.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Undead are to be executed on sight, we give the rest of the horde a pass as long as they stay on kalimdor and leave the goats alone, and in exchange we will leave the blood elves be and stay in the eastern kingdoms. Boom. Peace handled.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

I will make peace with the alliance and devote every resource of the horde into fight those bastard who keep popping here and there.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

I'd start by completely destroying Orgrimmar and Thunder Bluff, and reclaiming Silvermoon and Suramar for the Alliance. Execute all Horde leaders (with the exception of maybe Thalyssra and Lor'themar, but not Liadrin, she can choke) and dismantle their entire army. The civilians can live out the rest of their lives in their deserts. Some Horde races (Blood Elves, Nightborne and maybe even Forsaken) may be given the chance to join the Alliance.

On a second thought, I'd just banish all Orcs back to Outland and completely close of every portal to said planet. They've always been proven to be a savage and bloodthirsty race and Azeroth's better off without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    It would take 3 hours to make sylvanas look like saint.
    holy shit this made me laugh waaaaay too hard !!

Redirect all the Alliance's forces to reclaiming Gilneas. All of them.