Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it’s good money then I’d play even superman 64 nonstop.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I couldn’t play a game I like all day every day for money. Being inside for two long makes me depressed which is why I got a job working out doors so I have a nice balance.

People are working in fast-food joints, people are sorting trash, cleaning sewers, there are all kinds of shitty jobs. Sitting in your cozy home, sleeping in each day, only work on days you like, playing a game you hate don't seem to be a bad job, especially if you can buy a house from it...

So, children, this is the definition of the term "first-world problems".

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the hate/pay ratio

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it depends on how much I actually hate the game (most people who say they hate X game doesn't really HATE the game, they are just fed up with it) and how much money I'd make playing it. You have to look at it like a job. A LOT of people "hate" their jobs, but they still go to work every day.

Its hard, like if i only had to play them and stream for 3-4hrs a few times a week i could prob do it, but not all day.

Isn't that basically the "pointless office drone" job that people complain about?

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    It depends on how much I'd be getting paid to play said game.

Even if it's a game I hate, I don't feel like it'd be a super stressful job. It'd just be boring and monotonous. If I'm getting the right pay for that, I'd be up for it. Would definitely leave my current job for it if it paid the same or more.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-10-14 at 01:25 PM.

Well, is a game, maybe if you played soon enough you will end it up loving it.

I feel this definitely describes Asmongold.

I myself could not.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I feel this definitely describes Asmongold.

I myself could not.
    I think thats more 'self destruction in a prison of your own design'. The living in a literal rats nest of filth is the signifying differential there i think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless if I hate it or not, I'd be getting paid everyday to play a video game. Sign me right up.

I spend all day in spreadsheets. I think some dude sitting at home playing a video game can suck it up and play the damn video game.

Judging by the Blizzard message boards and these forums I would say there's plenty of people who already pay to play a game they hate so I can't see how they would complain if they suddenly were able to make some money off it instead.

reminder to those of you who are going "I do __insert unpleasant job here__ all day every day" people. does your job involve being entertaining or you do not get paid? because doing something you dislike is one thing. doing it while being entertaining, so that you keep those views going or you do not get paid? is quite another. I've had my share of jobs i didn't like. but i didn't have to do a song and a dance to keep those jobs. probably the only job that comes close as a comparison - is working retail at a place that requires you to appear happy and engaged and enthusiastic while you are working. I've had one of those as well, I didn't last long. its exhausting. slinging heavy boxes all day was less exhausting then pretending to be happy and pleasant and polite to customers, day in and day out, no matter what they behaved like.

playing a game you don't like on your own is very different from playing that game for an audience. so be honest here.

A lot of people work in jobs they hate, but need the money... so probably.

As for me, no. Games are a hobby for me to be enjoyed.

I wouldn't play Dead by Daylight if you paid me, so no, I guess.

Some companies hire people to test game errors. Not everyone gets the job they want. I'm not really interested in turn-based games, I like action, RPG games on techbigs like Darkness Rises of Nexon but I need money to spend so it's ok.

If I could earn the same as my current job I'd happily sit on my arse playing video games for a living, even if I didn't like the game.

I did this for a living at one point. It was pretty bad actually.

It was less soul-sucking to work retail and at a pizza shop in high school than it was to work at playing a game all day. I worked as part of game QA, sales and development. The monotony and evacuation of all enjoyment from an act you normally enjoy is deadening.

Humans seek and thrive on new experiences. Even small variations such as seeing a different face at your register are enough to engage your brain passively. Games do not have that kind of variety generally. Especially if you are forced or required to play them 8+ hours a day. Not even enjoying the game but having all the monotony and lack of variance in experience- it's borderline psychological torture.