Poll: Archimonde vs Ragnaros

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Archimonde vs Ragnaros

Two big evil guys who tried to burn Hyjal and who have big hammers (although Archimonde’s hammer is not so impressive).
    Who will win the battle of 1x1? The battle in neutral territory (I don’t know, maybe Hyjal or Stormwind or any place where the area is not influenced by Fel or a certain element that could strengthen Ragnaros (fire) or weaken (water)).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Two big evil guys who tried to burn Hyjal and who have big hammers (although Archimonde’s hammer is not so impressive).
    Who will win the battle of 1x1? The battle in neutral territory (I don’t know, maybe Hyjal or Stormwind or any place where the area is not influenced by Fel or a certain element that could strengthen Ragnaros (fire) or weaken (water)).
    well both failed to attack hyjal.

both have died in raids twice

are we considering powers outside of what we see in game?

Quote Originally Posted by slavrix View Post
    well both failed to attack hyjal.

both have died in raids twice

are we considering powers outside of what we see in game?
    We consider their power in all lore, in books, in the Chronicles, and so on.

We consider their power in all lore, in books, in the Chronicles, and so on.
    Well wod dungeon journal "When Archimonde reaches 25% health remaining, he summons a massive meteor to destroy Draenor." As thats from dungeon journal meaning allknowing perspective so its unlikely that Ragnaros has anything to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    Well wod dungeon journal "When Archimonde reaches 25% health remaining, he summons a massive meteor to destroy Draenor." As thats from dungeon journal meaning allknowing perspective so its unlikely that Ragnaros has anything to compare.
    He can destroy Draenor, but still lost.

Archimonde stomps. He could effortlessly annihilate entire worlds, whereas Ragnaros was a continental threat at best.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Ragnaros can summon legs and feets. This ability is more useful if you ask me

He can destroy Draenor, but still lost.
    Well argus "End of All Things – Argus ends creation, killing everything" and still lost.

Deathwing "Cataclysm – Deathwing attempts to finish the job he started by bringing forth a second Cataclysm" and still lost so yeah.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Useful maybe more powerful no.

Well argus "End of All Things – Argus ends creation, killing everything" and still lost.

Deathwing "Cataclysm – Deathwing attempts to finish the job he started by bringing forth a second Cataclysm" and still lost so yeah.....
    Yes, and I don’t understand why people give this as an argument
    That is, these abilities do not give an automatic victory. Those who have this powers still can lose

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Why is summoning legs and feet useful if you already have legs and feet? What are you going to do with the extras?
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Good destroy Draenor and all that came with that horrible expansion

OP: Archimonde would win no doubt. Hes a commander and a strategist so Ragnaros might be a small threat to him but Archimonde would win.

Yes, and I don’t understand why people give this as an argument
    That is, these abilities do not give an automatic victory. Those who have this powers still can lose
    Well Ragnaros has no real way to invade twisting nether were as Archimonde has on firelands both can only die in their own realms meaning Ragnaros has no possibility to kill Archimonde were as Archimonde has on raggy.

Were as Archimonde first lose and failures was in war of ancients. Ragnaros has kept losing because he doesn't strategice in any way and other elemental lords abused were as WotA books said archimonde is a strategic master mind.

We have archimonde being more powerful and more intelligent and having only real way to kill the other so yeah archimonde would win in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Good destroy Draenor and all that came with that horrible expansion

OP: Archimonde would win no doubt. Hes a commander and a strategist so Ragnaros might be a small threat to him but Archimonde would win.
    Ragnaros participated in a long war against other elementals, and then against the Old Gods
    He also has experience in warfare.

- - - Updated - - -

Well Ragnaros has no real way to invade twisting nether were as Archimonde has on firelands both can only die in their own realms meaning Ragnaros has no possibility to kill Archimonde were as Archimonde has on raggy.

Were as Archimonde first lose and failures was in war of ancients. Ragnaros has kept losing because he doesn't strategice in any way and other elemental lords abused were as WotA books said archimonde is a strategic master mind.

We have archimonde being more powerful and more intelligent and having only real way to kill the other so yeah archimonde would win in most cases.
    I'm sorry, what? How can Archimonde pass into the Firelands?
    And I do not ask who can kill the other, I ask who will win 1x1, it is not necessary to kill the other forever (but we assume that both are in their prime)
    And Archimonde also continued to lose. War of the Ancients, Third War, Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Why is summoning legs and feet useful if you already have legs and feet? What are you going to do with the extras?
    I don't know, it seems quite powerful since it gives him back 35% of his life and extra damages.

It makes huge difference for Ragnaros where the fight takes place. His power in Firelands is on whole other level compared to his power outside of it (like Executus said, "but a shadow of his true self").

Considering that the 2 times Archimonde was defeated, he was facing foes of exceptional power, and Molten Core was cleared by what was back then an ordinary army, Archimonde should win against Ragnaros outside of Firelands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Ragnaros participated in a long war against other elementals, and then against the Old Gods
    He also has experience in warfare.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry, what? How can Archimonde pass into the Firelands?
    And I do not ask who can kill the other, I ask who will win 1x1, it is not necessary to kill the other forever (but we assume that both are in their prime)
    And Archimonde also continued to lose. War of the Ancients, Third War, Draenor.
    Elemental lords were getting their asses kicked by old gods even chronicles 1 said they didn't even cause real damage on black empire masses. Yeah he has experience but chronicles 1 said he didn't use any complex strategy and descriped every other elemental lord smarter than him raggy elemental war draw. War against old gods lose, war against titan forge lose, conflict over blackrock mountain lose and war for hyjal and firelands both lose he has just lost.

While WotA descriped that archimonde conquered unnumbered world well eredar to legion to WotA is atleast 20k years and taking account time moving in Twisting nether (Btdp year 8 legion year 32 meaning 24 years which was 1000 years 1000÷24=41.6667 so our year is 41.6667 in nether 41.6667×20000= 833 333.33 years) so archimonde has 833 333 military experience without failure and only victories.

Firelands were made like Sargeras made marduum and legion are experts on portal making meaning archimonde could easily open a portal there when he is in azeroth as he has the knowledge.

Yeah archimonde 3 losses with unnumbered victories over 830k years and chronicles also implied raggy wasn't so smart strategically which his war reccord proofs were as WotA called archimonde strategic genius and we have already proofed archimonde is stronger with power to destroy a world so raggy has no real chance.

It ends like Thanos vs The Hulk. Sure Rag has a lot of upfront power but comparatively, he's no strategist, his raw power doesn't massive eclipse archimonde enough to just purely overwhelm him, and I don't recall him having any particular martial prowess either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Ragnaros crisps his stupid bumbling ass.

world ending rituals take time to take effect, don't count them in a fast paced 1v1 brawl.

1v1, i think it'd be a serious fight, that archimonde wouldn't walk away from unscathed. the titan keepers couldn't 1v1 rag, the titan keepers are stronger than the wild gods(freya created them), and we've seen archimonde beat the strongest of the wild gods.

imo, i think rag could win. but archimonde pretty much makes magic use turn very bad for the person trying to use it against him, so it's hard to tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    It makes huge difference for Ragnaros where the fight takes place. His power in Firelands is on whole other level compared to his power outside of it (like Executus said, "but a shadow of his true self").

Considering that the 2 times Archimonde was defeated, he was facing foes of exceptional power, and Molten Core was cleared by what was back then an ordinary army, Archimonde should win against Ragnaros outside of Firelands.
    but in molten core, as we know, was "TOO SOON EXECUTUS, YOU'VE AWAKEND ME TOO SOON!"