Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Funny thing is, after playing wow pretty much since launch, I have almost never used the ignore feature.

I have only used it when people are spamming alot, I find that annoying. Beyond that, I dont really ignore. Yeah i've met alot of dickbags, but that happens in every walk of life so I dont really care about it. it happens. Ignoring someone in game dont really do much

Then people need to learn to stop spamming Thunderfury shit memes and LFG on /trade. Fuck em

I'd rather have a blacklist addon than resort to jsut ignore, so I get alerts of "bad" players joining my groups and deal with it accordingly. Anyone know of such an addon?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Did....did you seriously compare #MeToo to getting ignored?
    They're very comparable, yes. Both things are more than commonly used to wrongfully accuse and ruin someone's reputation.

I only ignore players who spam their "buying piece x for y silver" macro over trade, lfg and world every 5 minutes. Oh and one player who molested world chat for over an hour because some druid rolled for heal gear and he was tank in a level 40+ dungeon so he wanted all players to ignore him.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Funny thing is, after playing wow pretty much since launch, I have almost never used the ignore feature.

I have only used it when people are spamming alot, I find that annoying. Beyond that, I dont really ignore. Yeah i've met alot of dickbags, but that happens in every walk of life so I dont really care about it. it happens. Ignoring someone in game dont really do much
    Same here, and same here. I have used it a few times for ppl clogging up chat, and then every few weeks i clear it. Since a few expacs ago, that hasnt been an issue, and i pretty much dont ignore anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Did....did you seriously compare #MeToo to getting ignored?
    I think your definition of an "era" is different than mine lol.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

I'm going to ignore idiots and unfortunately the higher level I've got the more idiots there has been... I really am loving classic, currently a lvl 57 priest but the game really does seem to promote shitty play.

Waiting 15 minutes for a mob to respawn, right before it did a hunter comes in, refuses to group, tags it before me because I'm a priest and then proceeds to laugh at me.
    Another hunter running through a cave trying to get to a specific mob pulling everything, feigns death, all those mobs attack and kill me and then he proceeds to call me a twat.. errr.
    Mages stealing your mobs when they watch you dot it up and start to cast etc.
    A mage needing cloth with plus healing on because it had more Int on than his current item!

Quite frankly the ignore list isn't big enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukazor View Post
    I'm going to ignore idiots and unfortunately the higher level I've got the more idiots there has been... I really am loving classic, currently a lvl 57 priest but the game really does seem to promote shitty play.

Waiting 15 minutes for a mob to respawn, right before it did a hunter comes in, refuses to group, tags it before me because I'm a priest and then proceeds to laugh at me.
    Another hunter running through a cave trying to get to a specific mob pulling everything, feigns death, all those mobs attack and kill me and then he proceeds to call me a twat.. errr.
    Mages stealing your mobs when they watch you dot it up and start to cast etc.
    A mage needing cloth with plus healing on because it had more Int on than his current item!

Quite frankly the ignore list isn't big enough.
    Well all this are examples of why Blizzard has done several changes to retail.

Question is - will enough ppl in classic put up with this or just call it quits?

I would put OP on ignore, if he talked like that in game to me tbh.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    They're very comparable, yes. Both things are more than commonly used to wrongfully accuse and ruin someone's reputation.
    Wrong, bozo.

Also I am going to probably use ignore a lot more now thanks to this thread. A LOT more.

Today I ignored a guy who decided to name his character Dryhumping. Two days ago I ignored a guy who stole some loot items I needed for a quest then yelled at me when I reciprocated. A day before that I ignored a guy who mistakenly thought I was asking for help with some PvP and told me it wasn't his problem. A few days before that I ignored a guy who was on the same kill quest as me but refused to group up for it. I always report and ignore gold sellers trying to invite me to a chat channel. While writing this post I ignored a guy who whispered asking me if I wanted to buy a piece of equipment he had. The /ignore verb is how I filter annoyances out of my game play experience and I use it with reckless abandon.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    No, it's not. And no, that is not a thing. Jesus you lot are delusional. If you want to behave in that way, that's entirely up to you. But to expect every other player in the game to adhere to you completely pathetic "code of honor" is delusional at best.

Blizzard built in systems to decide who gets the chest - if you are in combat, you have no claim to the chest - it's honestly that simple. These other rules YOU have made up are entirely in your head.
    Sorry buddy, you're wrong. Depending on how many chests you have stolen, you're probably on at least one blacklist somewhere. Enjoy the notoriety, ninja.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WinningOne View Post
    Today I ignored a guy who decided to name his character Dryhumping. Two days ago I ignored a guy who stole some loot items I needed for a quest then yelled at me when I reciprocated. A day before that I ignored a guy who mistakenly thought I was asking for help with some PvP and told me it wasn't his problem. A few days before that I ignored a guy who was on the same kill quest as me but refused to group up for it. I always report and ignore gold sellers trying to invite me to a chat channel. While writing this post I ignored a guy who whispered asking me if I wanted to buy a piece of equipment he had. The /ignore verb is how I filter annoyances out of my game play experience and I use it with reckless abandon.
    Ignoring for that group thing is ridiculously silly. Seriously.

Also, you can block channel invites in the settings. People rarely use them and you're only torturing yourself not blocking them.

addons
    weakauras
    Lua Wall of Shame
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Well all this are examples of why Blizzard has done several changes to retail.

Question is - will enough ppl in classic put up with this or just call it quits?
    I mean I'm all for keeping classic as classic, I've not played retail in over 2 and half years and have absolutely no interest in it, but I'm also open to adding QoL features that actually make sense.

Who knows, maybe life at level 60 improves things.

I ignore idiots that spam An*l <insert something here> like 99% of the time

Or people should just grow up and use /ignore when they believe it is necessary, and not by some chat bickering - unless of course it is in the 'what the' category.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

If you are bothered that someone ignored you because someone else said so, then likely you don't want to deal with such a person anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It's an useful tool used at my discretion.
    And this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Sorry buddy, you're wrong. Depending on how many chests you have stolen, you're probably on at least one blacklist somewhere. Enjoy the notoriety, ninja.

- - - Updated - - -

Ignoring for that group thing is ridiculously silly. Seriously.

Also, you can block channel invites in the settings. People rarely use them and you're only torturing yourself not blocking them.
    /ignore

Quote Originally Posted by Lukazor View Post
    I mean I'm all for keeping classic as classic, I've not played retail in over 2 and half years and have absolutely no interest in it, but I'm also open to adding QoL features that actually make sense.

Who knows, maybe life at level 60 improves things.
    Its very hard for Blizzard to again walk down that road again with classic, adding QoL changes there too. There will always be people out there who wish QoL feature XY was in the game, and will create forum posts about them.

The question for us as a community and for Blizzard is - when is it enough and what QoL features would be accepted?