Poll: Would you like Anduin to become the bad guy?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

The boy-king serves at the master's table

We saw the comic where Anduin the future lead the army of light.
    We saw him heroic guy, who supposed to be anti-Arthas.
    And we know there is the mysterios line, said about the boy-king.

Who is that?

I dont know.

But what are the chances of mindblowing twist in the end of this or next expansion happehing - Anduin turns out to be villain, not brain-washed by Old Gods, who acts on his own all the way through BFA?

And this comic with army of light will turn out to be just one version of the future, that is always in motion.

Would you like this twist if Blizzard would manage to set everything up properly and not fuck it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    We saw the comic where Anduin the future lead the army of light.
    We saw him heroic guy, who supposed to be anti-Arthas.
    And we know there is the mysterios line, said about the boy-king.

Who is that?

I dont know.

But what are the chances of mindblowing twist in the end of this or next expansion happehing - Anduin turns out to be villain, not brain-washed by Old Gods, who acts on his own all the way through BFA?

And this comic with army of light will turn out to be just one version of the future, that is always in motion.

Would you like this twist if Blizzard would manage to set everything up properly and not fuck it up?
    Blizzard said in BfA that its just possible future.

10+ Year Old Account
    The boy king is magni, Il'gynoth confused him for a small human boy

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    The boy king is magni, Il'gynoth confused him for a small human boy
    Magni is already the Diamond King. It could be his daughter's son, though, although that one is a bit young to serve at anything.

Maybe it's Arthas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Magni is already the Diamond King. It could be his daughter's son, though, although that one is a bit young to serve at anything.
    every line is about magni, the circle of stars is his arsehole; it's his name for it

7+ Year Old Account
    It's no one. Just someone random a evil tree said.

If that turns him into a raid boss then yes.

I'd like Anduin and Sylvanas to die in a fire, they are both the epitome of cringe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Ngl, i wish boy king would toughen up, in the cinematic i felt like he was going to cry, and also his armor was way too weighty for him, like hed be better off in a robe looking like a bishop. If he got posessed by an old god or a void god i think it would be pretty amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    It's no one. Just someone random a evil tree said.
    All of cunttree's other lines have come true not sure why this one would be random.

I imagine it'll be that due to something Anduin does that will indirectly help the Old Gods over say being an actual servant of theirs.
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2019-10-01 at 08:25 PM.

I'll be honest, if this happens I'd be really surprised. Not because of the twist in the story, mind you, just that they can pry Anduin from Golden's hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    And let's be honest. Even if that comic was written INTENDING to be the canon future.

Blizzard drops plot threads and retcons things all the time.

People talk like they're now locked into making this future happen and we should assume it will. But that's not necessarily the case.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Magni hears titans, others hear old gods and void lords, maybe Anduin hears naaru and light lords? He may go the way of Arthas except to the other selfserving extreme with perfect order instead of perfect chaos.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2019-10-01 at 08:58 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

This is my prediction for a while, and if it happens I will bump the heck out of them, lol. If not, then I will not, and pretend I say nothing. So says the tree.

It works great to create continued divides within the factions, allowing for two new factions(temporarily replacing old ones) based on player choice to exist for a time(only in the new zones) next xpak.

Spoilers: Horde got a big heel turn, so alliance should too, and Tyrande wanting revenge is not a heel turn, it is Batman. This xpak has been about Anduin and Sylvanas. They are on the box. There should be some parity between them, that we have not seen. Something that once we discover it, we can look back at the artwork and the story and see things much differently. I believe there is a meaning to BFA that has not yet been revealed. I believe the war was planned and necessary for some malevolent end, and that both faction leaders were playing their part. Tyrande might not be entirely driven by rage, perhaps she senses something is afoot. She should trust no one. Same goes for the Horde leaders. Why Sylvanas burn Teldrassil down?
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-10-01 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    And let's be honest. Even if that comic was written INTENDING to be the canon future.

Blizzard drops plot threads and retcons things all the time.

People talk like they're now locked into making this future happen and we should assume it will. But that's not necessarily the case.
    Yeah thats pretty much why they said it was a possibility.

It's not gonna be some big twist where Anduin turns evil. At most, it will be that his naivety has indirectly been helping the Old Gods.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's just never addressed or it turns out Anduin wasn't the boy king in the first place, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    The whole damn comic was a red harring but saying they had the "possible future" answer already lined up would be giving blizzard writers too much credit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    The whole damn comic was a red harring but saying they had the "possible future" answer already lined up would be giving blizzard writers too much credit.
    Well metzen has being focusing on OW from the start and last thing from wow he worked on was bfa opening cinematic so they have plans pretty far as he worked on it before he did on OW.

I'm gonna die laughing when all of it really means nothing and was one giant joke this whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    This is my prediction for a while, and if it happens I will bump the heck out of them, lol. If not, then I will not, and pretend I say nothing. So says the tree.

It works great to create continued divides within the factions, allowing for two new factions(temporarily replacing old ones) based on player choice to exist for a time(only in the new zones) next xpak.

Spoilers: Horde got a big heel turn, so alliance should too, and Tyrande wanting revenge is not a heel turn, it is Batman. This xpak has been about Anduin and Sylvanas. They are on the box. There should be some parity between them, that we have not seen. Something that once we discover it, we can look back at the artwork and the story and see things much differently. I believe there is a meaning to BFA that has not yet been revealed. I believe the war was planned and necessary for some malevolent end, and that both faction leaders were playing their part. Tyrande might not be entirely driven by rage, perhaps she senses something is afoot. She should trust no one. Same goes for the Horde leaders. Why Sylvanas burn Teldrassil down?
    1. The expansion was about Saurfang; neither Anduin nor Sylvanas saw anything like him in terms of screentime
    2. Teldrassil was burned to show Horde characters feeling bad about themselves in expensive cinematics and update Tyrande's model to then never do something with her again for at least another 2 years.
    3. I will repeat what i said about the whispers before: When they were finished with them they realised "Of Fuck! We have 7 whsisper about Horde characters and jack shit nothing about anybody from that other faction which we only use as faceless victims in the background! Quick! Come up with something!"