Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Worst experience in Classic so far?

I just had my worst Classic experience yesterday...what was yours?

I decided to form a group for BRD Arena runs
    First arena try...we wipe
    Second try we die to trash mobs
    Someone leaves
    I get a lvl 51 healer replacement
    We die to trash mobs, he was too low level
    Leaves group
    Found a replacement, we get to the arena...i forgot to reset instance...go back...reset instance
    We FINALLY complete the arena
    A cloak with stamina and spirit drops and Tank rolls NEED on it
    instant DRAMA
    Our healer "counters" his need roll with another need roll of his own...and DESINCHANTS the item right in front of the warrior...warrior is pissed

At this point i tell them: "This was my worst Classic WoW experience so far...we better disband guys sorry"

Generally levelling as a Warrior. I hate it but love it.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    instant DRAMA
    Our healer "counters" his need roll with another need roll of his own...and DESINCHANTS the item right in front of the warrior...warrior is pissed

At this point i tell them: "This was my worst Classic WoW experience so far...we better disband guys sorry"
    Hahahaha. That is awesome. But how do you know that item was DEed? I actually don't know what text pops up. Still. Good story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Hahahaha. That is awesome. But how do you know that item was DEed? I actually don't know what text pops up. Still. Good story.
    He asked everyone to /roll for the shard D:
    Weird flex but ok...

I just had my worst Classic experience yesterday...what was yours?

I decided to form a group for BRD Arena runs
    First arena try...we wipe
    Second try we die to trash mobs
    Someone leaves
    I get a lvl 51 healer replacement
    We die to trash mobs, he was too low level
    Leaves group
    Found a replacement, we get to the arena...i forgot to reset instance...go back...reset instance
    instant DRAMA

I'd do the same thing if I didn't actually need the cloak simply because the warrior was trying to need on shit he didn't need.

He asked everyone to /roll for the shard D:
    Weird flex but ok...
    I guess it's probably likely that he did. Doesn't make sense that he would disenchant another item and have everyone roll unless shards are pretty cheap. I am satisfied.

My worse experience so far is joining a group for a dungeon only to find out that they are farming the first boss. Like comon guys. Let people know that it's a grind. Some of us just want to run the whole dungeon for fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I'd do the same thing if I didn't actually need the cloak simply because the warrior was trying to need on shit he didn't need.
    Sure, but there is no evidence in op that the warrior didn't need it. Stats seem a bit weird for 60, but ok for levelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I guess it's probably likely that he did. Doesn't make sense that he would disenchant another item and have everyone roll unless shards are pretty cheap. I am satisfied.

My worse experience so far is joining a group for a dungeon only to find out that they are farming the first boss. Like comon guys. Let people know that it's a grind. Some of us just want to run the whole dungeon for fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, but there is no evidence in op that the warrior didn't need it. Stats seem a bit weird for 60, but ok for levelling.
    .....It had spirit on it. Which means there is absolutely NO reason for the warrior to roll on it. Do you even play Classic?

- - - Updated - - -

It happears in chat he received the shard...i think. And we saw the ingame animation of desinchant.

The coak had stamina and spirit...nothing else.
    The warrior said in chat "i need, its better than mine!" several times.

I dont know if it was actually better, he had a stamina and nature resist cloak. But he at least believed it was better for him.
    For leveling maybe. I dont know.

Yep that's the authentic Vanilla experience.

couple things to point out here

its possible the cloak had more armor on it than his current cloak.

in regards to the spirit... spirit i believe enhances health regen out of combat for certain (unsure if that functions in combat like it does for mana in wow classic)

... if either was the case the warrior could have at that point asked if he could roll need on it.... based on the fact that it was DE'ed by the healer... sounds like it wasnt needed... by the healer

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    couple things to point out here

its possible the cloak had more armor on it than his current cloak.

in regards to the spirit... spirit i believe enhances health regen out of combat for certain (unsure if that functions in combat like it does for mana in wow classic)

... if either was the case the warrior could have at that point asked if he could roll need on it.... based on the fact that it was DE'ed by the healer... sounds like it wasnt needed... by the healer
    Spirit ONLY aids in mana regen.

Kinda right, but mostly wrong.

Spirit increases Health regeneration while out of combat and increases Mana regeneration while not casting spells. As there are many ways to regenerate Health, Spirit is usually picked as a way to regenerate Mana more often.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people, the social experience has changed from 15 years ago.

When a guy stole my chest.
    It was behind 2 mobs that I clearly pulled in order to kill and then loot the chest
    But the fucker just walked up to it while I was fighting and stole it
    I put him on ignore

Was in a group with another warrior tank. He got very shirty with a warlock because they were doing too much DPS. After some choice words the warlock left and we got a mage. Tank did exactly the same thing to the mage, but busted out a 2 hander and stopped tanking. I sword and boarded and tried to diffuse it but he left in a huff. I then tanked the rest of it and we completed the dungeon no problems.

Spirit is one of the best stats for a leveling warrior. With enough of it you can fully regen your health quickly in between pulls
    RETH

Nope.

All classes get health regen based on spirit as well. It varies per class. The worst class for spirit is a Warlock, which only receives (Spirit * 0.07 + 6) health every 2 seconds (tick is 2 seconds in Classic). The best is a warrior which receives (Spirit * 0.80 + 6) per tick. Warriors have no means to heal themselves out of combat (and a very limited in-combat heal as the 31 point talent in fury). Spirit sets are vital to smoothing out the leveling process for a warrior who has no main to provide them a steady stream of cloth/expensive food. Basic vendor food usually only covers around 30-40% of your health pool over a fairly long time as a warrior, so downtime can be massive without spirit sets.

My warrior has a spirit set that allows him to self-regen from around 10% to max in 20~ seconds, which helps a lot.

(Source)
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Spirit is great for leveling warriors.

In addition Spirit also regens hp in combat for trolls

This explains why I had a hellish time after wielding that 2h sword with negative spirit on my warrior. Blast!

Crowded servers, hands down. I played Vanilla on Proudmoore, one of the oldest and busiest servers then but it was capped at 2500 at that time, iirc.
    Classic is starting to finally mellow out a little, but the amount of players in the first 2-3 weeks in zones was just not enjoyable.
    I understand why they did things the way they did but since you're asking, that's my biggest gripe so far.