Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Notdev View Post
    Dude I feel the same way. And I'm a hunter too.
    Leveling was a blast. I had a great time. The world is huge, the rpg elements are amazing, getting upgrades from quests was fun, etc.
    Hunter has by far the most engaging rotation in classic though, if you're playing optimally. You pretty much have to install an addon tracking your bow shoots so that you can weave your aimed and multi shots into your rotation without interrupting your autoattacks, which compared to the 1-3 button 'rotations' most specs get is far more involved.

I do agree that the pve dungeon/raid content is the weakest part of the game though. I understand now why I was mostly focused on PvP back in 2005 whereas I'm a passionate raider in 'modern mmos': there's so much unengaging tank and spank, and even when the difficulty is there (well kinda, Drakkisath can be a bit nasty if healers aren't awake and Onyxia's aggro can be kinda hectic at times) it's just not nearly as much fun as a modern encounter like Mechatorque or Gul'dan.

If some version of 'classic+' ever becomes a thing I hope they don't listen to the hardcore classic fetishists who have convinced themselves they like 1 button rotations and fights that require no movement but a lot of consumables and decursing, because this style of pve is pretty boring. MC got popularly called 'the Molten Bore' back in vanilla, and it's twice as boring now with 1.12 class balance, modern game guides and faster computers.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Why would I bother? I've already been there and done it all before.
    Ok, but then maybe you didn't have to play it to begin with. You had no obligation to buy into the hype. You knew what you were signing up for, and you knew the early vanilla raids had a lot of tank and spank fights that weren't all that interesting, with lots of trash in-between. And you knew pugging MC probably wasn't going to give you the best results as opposed to joining a more organized raiding guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    And you knew pugging MC probably wasn't going to give you the best results as opposed to joining a more organized raiding guild.
    Uh I mean MC is easily clearable by pugs?

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Uh I mean MC is easily clearable by pugs?
    Just because it's clearable by pugs doesn't mean it's the optimal way to do it. Pugging is always a gamble and a rough business.

Just because it's clearable by pugs doesn't mean it's the optimal way to do it. Pugging is always a gamble and a rough business.
    But not really. The people that are 60 early are more likely to be those that are more dedicated to the game, therefore more likely to have at least some semblance of a clue on how to do it. Our first attempt on Raggy was a 3% wipe. Only random melee deaths stopped us. We're on an RP server and pugs are clearing MC in just a few hours.

Fighting through a cave of mobs, getting to the end objective only to have the whole entire cave respawn on me. Not a few mobs in sequence, but literally the whole cave instantly. This has to be due to layering right?

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    But not really. The people that are 60 early are more likely to be those that are more dedicated to the game, therefore more likely to have at least some semblance of a clue on how to do it. Our first attempt on Raggy was a 3% wipe. Only random melee deaths stopped us. We're on an RP server and pugs are clearing MC in just a few hours.
    Ok cool. Well I'm sure even Naxx will be cleared some day by pugs. If you can stick with the same pug over and over, perhaps that's better. Then it becomes a static, and not a pug, though.

Alliance mages while leveling a warrior

Everywhere I go I see those sons of b****** and they just keep polymorphing me. One of those idiots kept polymorphing me for 30 minutes straight.

*random poly out of nowhere*

*rank 1 frost nova*

*poly*

*nova*

*poly*

*nova*

Idk how doing that is fun.

Now I'm corpse camping that idiot with my hunter whenever I see him.

Quote Originally Posted by kubaje View Post
    Alliance mages while leveling a warrior

Everywhere I go I see those sons of b****** and they just keep polymorphing me. One of those idiots kept polymorphing me for 30 minutes straight.

*random poly out of nowhere*

*rank 1 frost nova*

*poly*

*nova*

*poly*

*nova*

Idk how doing that is fun.

Now I'm corpse camping that idiot with my hunter whenever I see him.
    Greifing is something too many people find fun, I rember rouges just sapping for hrs, befor Finaly killing you. Its is one of the many reasons they added dr to the game.

But no changes imma right.

Must've been on launch day, took me like 6 hours to get to lvl 10, atleast i had a friend suffering with me. This was to be expected though

The few really bad groups, where the group does nothing but criticize each other and eventually someone gets pissed off enough to leave

Ok, but then maybe you didn't have to play it to begin with. You had no obligation to buy into the hype. You knew what you were signing up for, and you knew the early vanilla raids had a lot of tank and spank fights that weren't all that interesting, with lots of trash in-between. And you knew pugging MC probably wasn't going to give you the best results as opposed to joining a more organized raiding guild.
    I was complaining about very little of this. The Class I picked is boring and frustrating to play in a raid. No amount of content will fix that. It's just as boring in a pug or a guild group. Even switching to a different spec still yields the same results.

Am I doing a poor job putting this across? I thought I'd made that point clear without a hint of ambiguity. There have been two posters who have completely misunderstood the point and gone off on something completely different. I have to wonder if it's them at this point or me.

So this morning my friend and I found a group for uldaman. I’m a priest, my friend’s a mage, the other people in the group were 2 rogues and 1 warrior. The warrior didn’t know how to pull, the mage can just ot with 1 ice cone from the tank even after waiting for him to aggro. The tank also doesn’t pull the mobs that he didn’t get the aggro away from me so I keep dying. (For your reference never have I been overhealing since like level 10) But that was fine, I honestly isn’t pissed at the tank at all cuz i’ve seen worse. 1 of the rogue was taking the lead and telling us where to go and I was happy with that cuz honestly last time I did this instance was wayyyy back and I honestly don’t remember the way. Then we reach the boss and we keep getting wipes because of course the tank can’t tank.(Again for your reference as long as I don’t die other members in the team didn’t die) At first I stay in the middle circle(so I can see who have how many mobs’ aggro on them so I can heal and react better), and once the guardian awakes I run towards the tank if I get the aggro from any of them, but the tank just doesn’t pull it away so I keep dying. Then the rogue told me it’s okay I can just stack on the warrior or stay in the inner circle and it’ll be okay. So I thought if he’s so sure then maybe we can give it a try, but honestly I didn’t think any strategy is gonna work unless the tank know how to pull. Then the next run I stayed in the circle and tried my best to stack on the tank, of course not all the time cuz the tank keeps moving and I gotta gauge read so I can’t move all the time. But then the tank still didn’t get the aggro away from me and of course I died then the tank died and we wiped Then the tank just left the party. And what really gets me pissed was then the rogue start blaming us and said “I told you guys to follow one simple instruction and you can’t even follow”, “you really need to go read up on wow head” and blah blah blah as if he knows everything and at the time I was like Whaaaaaa? I mean ANYONE who didn’t play wow for nothing’s gonna know that a tank that gets OTed by a mage with like 1 ice coneeven after 5 secs of waiting ‘s got some problem, plus the tank was like 46 and we were 40-41 D:

Just WHY BLAMING US. Like, honestly I need someone to give me some advice here. Was it like REALLY my fault for some reason that I don’t know or something??? Like if you so “know it all” and taking the lead then WHY don’t you tell the tank to pull aggro away from me and not only the mage???