Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It should be banned.
    indeed, lets just ban the asking of questions. who cares if the reason you'd ask seemingly googleable questions is if you want to figure out if you and the other person are on the same page about the same thing. Lets just assume they're using high-level, high investment psychological techniques to make you look bad.

jesus fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    This genuinely sounds more like a lack of desire to provide evidence/basis for claims you've made rather than dealing with bad apples. I mean telling people to just google it is a pretty weak stance to take especially when they don't actually know what you've read or used to base your claim on and not to mention how "helpful" google can be if you don't know what exactly to search for.

I mean it's not difficult to link something when you're discussing something if you need to back it up. I do it a lot.

Also thank you for helping me find this after I had no clue what sealioning was.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    This genuinely sounds more like a lack of desire to provide evidence/basis for claims you've made rather than dealing with bad apples.
    I am not the one who people have done it to. I am annoyed by seeing it go unpunished against others. I'll promptly call people out on their bullshit if they try to do it to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you read minds?

I know what triggered your posting here, and if the topic is important to you i can see how you would count it as "basic knowledge", but as i tried to explain it to you: Not everyone knows everything.

It was about a topic, and to be honest, i'm still not sure if my link pointed him to the right place, but he wasn't denying anything, he just didn't know. The topic was a bit vague for someone not living in the region and it being a topic that comes up regularely. How good is your knowledge about the Austrian civil war? For me and my country it is very important, but someone asking about it, not knowing isn't automatically sea lioning.

So let me ask you again: Can you read minds, and therefore be sure it was sea lioning?

Sometimes it helps to take a step back and not judge too fast. Or report it.
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2019-10-02 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Can you read minds?

I know what triggered your posting here, and if the topic is important to you i can see how you would count it as "basic knowledge", but as i tried to explain it to you: Not everyone knows everything.

It was about a topic, and to be honest, i'm still not sure if my link pointed him to the right place, but he wasn't denying anything, he just didn't know. You were a bit vague for someone not living in the region and it being a topic that comes up regularely. How good is your knowledge about the Austrian civil war? For me and my country it is very important, but someone asking about it, not knowing isn't automatically sea lioning.

So let me ask you again: Can you read minds, and therefore be sure it was sea lioning?

Sometimes it helps to take a step back and not judge too fast. Or report it.
    If I don't know something about anything in a discussion about something historical or political parties, I don't pester posters for it. I read up on it myself instead of pestering posters. If people truly are interested in reading up on it and are not knowledgeable, as claimed, that's what they should do because a forum is not the right place for a history class or a lecture on political parties.
    Last edited by Heran; 2019-10-02 at 08:43 AM.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    "People gots opinionz!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heran View Post
    If I don't know something about in a discussion about something historical or political parties, I don't pester posters for it. I read up on it myself instead of asking posters.
    Should he filter 3000 years of asian history to get a clue what you're getting at? i understand the problem of sea lioning, but you didn't even try in good faith. Post a link. If he continues to ask stupid question - well it might be sea lioning.

But you didn't do that, you jumped instantly to sea lioning. Either try it, or ignore it, but don't jump to conclusions that fast.

And maybe YOU don't ask, that's you. I like to ask in such a case to get a better idea what to search for, or even get a link so we have a common starting point for discussion. Not every person behaves like you, and thinking that anyone who doesn't is out to sea lion you... well, that's a bit paranoid.

Should he filter 3000 years of asian history to get a clue what you're getting at? i understand the problem of sea lioning, but you didn't even try in good faith. Post a link. If he continues to ask stupid question - well it might be sea lioning.

But you didn't do that, you jumped instantly to sea lioning. Either try it, or ignore it, but don't jump to conclusions that fast
    Because he claimed he couldn't find anything when searching. It's a simple google search: Japan Oppress Korea. You get thousands of hits specifically about that period.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're wasting your time. Feedback subforum is created mainly so people can shut you down.
    The whole mmo-champion site is a shit hole. The community is terrible.
    The reason why I'm here? It's the most active WoW forum. But because of that, it's the way it is. Tons of stupid shit is tolerated, tons of not so bad stuff is not tolerated. The mods here are some of the most senstive trigger happy mods I've ever encountered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because he claimed he couldn't find anything when searching. It's a simple google search: Japan Oppress Korea. You get thousands of hits specifically about that period.
    Yeah, but that's not what the original discussion was about. If i remember correctly it was about erasing korean culture. That is a borad topic. I can remember reading about japanese atrocities in Korea, so it was easy for me to google "Japanese Korean occupation" and link it to him, but that works because i have at least a little idea what you're getting at.

If someone tries to belittle it and asks constantly, call sea lion, no problem. But he aksed, and told you he cannot find it. Give him a link. If he continues you can start accusing, but right now you're a little fast in jumping to conclusions.

Yeah, but that's not what the original discussion was about. If i remember correctly it was about erasing korean culture. That is a borad topic. I can remember reading about japanese atrocities in Korea, so it was easy for me to google "Japanese Korean occupation" and link it to him, but that works because i have at least a little idea what you're getting at.

If someone tries to belittle it and asks constantly, call sea lion, no problem. But he aksed, and told you he cannot find it. Give him a link. If he continues you can start accusing, but right now you're a little fast in jumping to conclusions.
    He's lying. There's literally thousands of hits when you search for it. Even just searching Korea Japan will get you there, it's the first hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's lying. There's literally thousands of hits when you search for it. Even just searching Korea Japan will get you there, it's the first hit.

How do you know he is lying? I provided the link, he may (or may not) read it and didn't deny anything. It seems to me you are missing half of the sea lioning.

There is a bit of sea lioning in this forum, but seriously you are attacking one guy for asking one question.

I get that this is important for you, and that ignorance is hurting, but right now you are making one guy asking one question a big deal.

Seriously, calm down a bit.

Edit: my bad, Japan did come up, still think you're jumping to conclusion a bit too fast.
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2019-10-02 at 08:57 AM.

Edit: my bad, Japan did come up, still think you're jumping to conclusion a bit too fast.
    Nope, I've seen him do this in many threads. The two most recent weren't even framed in a different way, they were straight up the same framing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sea lioning? That's Zenkai in a nutshell.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I've seen him do this in many threads. The two most recent weren't even framed in a different way, they were straight up the same framing.
    Seems like you made up your mind

I don't see it that clearly, and that's the problem about moderation: To punish someone you have to take the posters intention into account. No one can read minds, and so its really hard to punish people as long as they're not extremly obvious in their doing, or admit to it.