Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Here's a shameless plug to my post where I explain the likely intent behind BFA vis a vis it being a revision of Mists fixing what the writers thought was wrong with it. It's from a year ago but ended up being prescient because of how incredible predictable the story was. Tl;dr though is that while the writers had major issues with the Horde being a heterogeneous entity in Mists, and thus having every individual race have its own grounds for rebellion along with remaining heterogenous at the end since they only really decided one of the things they wouldn't be, namely orcish. But they had no issue with the Alliance as it was in Mists, Jaina aside. On the contrary, the Alliance was exactly where they wanted it to be - bland, safe, Anduinized in all but being led by the author's mouthpiece himself. Their only purpose in this one is to be a foil to the Horde, since Blizz is already done making them what they think they're supposed to be.

There's also BFA wanting to revert everything to WC3 factory settings, but only in the broadest strokes - the idea of everyone being buddies against a big bad, disregardign the circumstances that made it work, and the third biggest participant, that being the night elves. It shares in the imagery of WC3, but it fails because none of the conditions are there and the participants don't make sense in those role - blood elves talking about how they always looked up to a Warchief, Jaina and THrall talking about teaming up at Nordrassil without mentioning night elves while said night elves get to eat a fat one, etc.
    My largest gripe with that is how they want us to get over the Burning and be buddies again and all that but keep reminding us about this event and mock us with it while we couldnt do anything to stop it. Mocking people with a loss they couldnt prevent is just... low.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    You don't need much to tell if a story is trash, just look if it is consistent. If it isn't, then it is trash by default. Since consistency this time around is beyond atrocious that tells already more than enough.
    Explain how it's inconsistent, you can't just say something then not explain or even attempt to back it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magicon View Post
    What was nice about Vanilla, was that you made your own story.
    I mean literally not true at all, the story was all there, it was just in such fucking rambles and bits and pieces of. "Juhu now this person shoes up! Why? Cuz!" Like none of it connected to eachother, maybe really into day to net. But everything else? Nah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Too true. On one hand we have all that Male Human Paladin crowd, on another we have Edgelords Von Cucks crowd. As a result we have a shitshow. And night elf fans caught in the middle of it all. Well also Sylvanas being Kerrigan 2.0 is a given and she reminds me of Rey (if she was a Dark Side character) but even more poisonous to the franchise.

- - - Updated - - -

Also i dont understand what they want of us. Aka Alliance and night elfs. On one hand they push that Anduinized and sloppy “peace and forgiveness” narrative on another they keep trolling us with “lol Teldrassil burned” posts on Twitter and acting like they did something hilarious.
    I mean have you played BFA? The rest of the faction moves on, but Tyranids and Genn do not. As they want revenge on sylvanas, and do not trust the horde. You know. For the burning. And it makes sense. The rest of the faction was not there. That was not their home. To them it was another "horde being dumb dumbs, guess we will forgive them as long as it don't happen again" cause it's in their nature. Meanwhile Tyrande and Genn have had enough. And atleast Tyrande. Will be a large character in shadowlands apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Something Blizzard has never been able to recapture. We're always set on a linear narrative from start to finish in the new expansions and it gets old. A linear story doesn't work well in a game with no choice.
    What?
    "Games with liner story don't work unless there is choice"
    Excuse me? Every Zelda game ever, every Mario game ever, every pokemon game ever, every assassin's Creed, call of duty, earthbound, final fantasy, chronotrigger, etc etc. There is tons of games where literally the only choice is "your class" and that's it. The story is the exact or atleast mostly the same through every single playerthtough, hell even undertale really. As your supposed to play neutral then pacifist.
    What are you talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

99% might be off by quite a bit, still the majority of the horde stood with Sylvanas until she decided to reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee out.
    That is not even true. There was alot of horde against her, and many still within orgtimmar when she did that ree, that were not standing with her. But within the walls because they could not join the resistance. Or were too scared to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZenmasterStar View Post
    BfA is not even reasonable anymore. I am very sure Sylvanas is the main issue. She is shown to be literally undefeatable. She fought the Lich King on her own and had no problem in defeating him without even a single scratch.
    With that in mind, why did she just leave Orgrimmar at the end of the War Campaign? Seeing just how powerful she was, it was not beyond reason if she defeated the entire army od the Alliance and Horde and submit them on their own.
    I am so glad i started rewriting World of Warcraft.
    1. She is detestable, but have you never read combat styles? The slow swinging brute loses to the fast agile rogue almost every time.
    2. "Didn't land a single hit" no. Because if he landed even a single hit with that hammer she woulda been fucking ripped in two, the point was not that she didn't take a hit once. The point was she almost got fucking blown up like a fucking watermelon MANY times, but was able to barely dodge it.
    3. Yes, idk if you know but major lore characters often fight and can beat other major lore charecters. Bolvar is many times weaker as the Lich King then arthas was, I could make a massive list here we to why, but only will if I need to, but short. He is literally nothing compared to the arthas Lich King.
    4. Sylvanas is also juiced up, she is being powered by the maw, and was literally standing at the entrance to the maw. Also sylvanas has always been powerful. Remember in warcraft where she was able to kill many just by screaming?
    5. And no, she could not have defeated the entire alliance army on her own. She is not that powerful, idk why you can't tell the difference between an army and a single dude who swings at 2 miles per hour.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    And of course, those defending it only have personal attacks against those criticizing it.
    "Only the people defending it throw insults!"
    I mean, not true, seem to be trying to make this a "us versus them" and make them "horrible people who name call!" But I mean. Look in this very thread. You have people attacking blizz and their employees with name calling, so nah, those attacking it really only have personal attacks against it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    That would have been so absurdly out of character for her that it would have been infinitely worse than what we got.
    That literally would have been danarys in s8 of got...

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Explain how it's inconsistent, you can't just say something then not explain or even attempt to back it up.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean literally not true at all, the story was all there, it was just in such fucking rambles and bits and pieces of. "Juhu now this person shoes up! Why? Cuz!" Like none of it connected to eachother, maybe really into day to net. But everything else? Nah.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean have you played BFA? The rest of the faction moves on, but Tyranids and Genn do not. As they want revenge on sylvanas, and do not trust the horde. You know. For the burning. And it makes sense. The rest of the faction was not there. That was not their home. To them it was another "horde being dumb dumbs, guess we will forgive them as long as it don't happen again" cause it's in their nature. Meanwhile Tyrande and Genn have had enough. And atleast Tyrande. Will be a large character in shadowlands apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

What?
    "Games with liner story don't work unless there is choice"
    Excuse me? Every Zelda game ever, every Mario game ever, every pokemon game ever, every assassin's Creed, call of duty, earthbound, final fantasy, chronotrigger, etc etc. There is tons of games where literally the only choice is "your class" and that's it. The story is the exact or atleast mostly the same through every single playerthtough, hell even undertale really. As your supposed to play neutral then pacifist.
    What are you talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

That is not even true. There was alot of horde against her, and many still within orgtimmar when she did that ree, that were not standing with her. But within the walls because they could not join the resistance. Or were too scared to.

- - - Updated - - -

1. She is detestable, but have you never read combat styles? The slow swinging brute loses to the fast agile rogue almost every time.
    2. "Didn't land a single hit" no. Because if he landed even a single hit with that hammer she woulda been fucking ripped in two, the point was not that she didn't take a hit once. The point was she almost got fucking blown up like a fucking watermelon MANY times, but was able to barely dodge it.
    3. Yes, idk if you know but major lore characters often fight and can beat other major lore charecters. Bolvar is many times weaker as the Lich King then arthas was, I could make a massive list here we to why, but only will if I need to, but short. He is literally nothing compared to the arthas Lich King.
    4. Sylvanas is also juiced up, she is being powered by the maw, and was literally standing at the entrance to the maw. Also sylvanas has always been powerful. Remember in warcraft where she was able to kill many just by screaming?
    5. And no, she could not have defeated the entire alliance army on her own. She is not that powerful, idk why you can't tell the difference between an army and a single dude who swings at 2 miles per hour.

- - - Updated - - -

"Only the people defending it throw insults!"
    I mean, not true, seem to be trying to make this a "us versus them" and make them "horrible people who name call!" But I mean. Look in this very thread. You have people attacking blizz and their employees with name calling, so nah, those attacking it really only have personal attacks against it.
    So far Genn also forgave the Horde, he just pins it all on Sylvanas. And Tyrande portrayed as wrong, with “reasonable” Shandris as her counterpart. Plus her arch in Shadolands is her crisis of faith and most likely Elune being revealed as weak/evil deity. Plus they will whitewash and lionize Sylvanas in Shadowlands anyway, making her a NuKerrigan.

Getting angry at the writing of BfA is silly. WoW has had worse expansions. TBC and Warlords had worse writing than BfA in my opinion.

Also yeah, let's not turn Jaina into Daenerys 2.0 just because Horde fanboys are salty...
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-12-25 at 06:14 PM.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

The Draenei are one giant inconsistency for example, Illidans story arc, internal monologue that runs contrary to what they intend to do, the origin of the burning legion, the alternate timelines that were unstable, then again stable, back to unstable again, the Titans themselves, the old original old god lore etc.

The game is littered with inconsistencies some big and small, and if you really want to tell me Blizz is telling a consistent story we have nothing to say or discuss, I will put you on ignore and save us both the hassle of future interactions.

Sylvanas army was large enough to fight the horde and Alliance army combined it is adressed ingame several times, during the Anduin Saurfang cut-scene and in Razor hill with Alleria going so far to say that sylvanas has the only army on the globe that could fight and beat N'zoth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    So far Genn also forgave the Horde, he just pins it all on Sylvanas. And Tyrande portrayed as wrong, with “reasonable” Shandris as her counterpart. Plus her arch in Shadolands is her crisis of faith and most likely Elune being revealed as weak/evil deity. Plus they will whitewash and lionize Sylvanas in Shadowlands anyway, making her a NuKerrigan.
    Bolded- Yeah no, where did you get that idea? she literally did all of this so she could end all life, as "she made life her enemy"
    1. Genn is iffy towards the horde, but yes is still obsessed with killing sylvanas, he literally says "what was the whole point of this revolution if we were not going to kill sylvanas
    2. Because she is wrong, atleast in the ideal of the alliance, but what the alliance follows is not always the "right thing" that is why as they said "the world is full of morally gray choices" tyrande is angry, rightfully so, is it right for her to pin this on the current horde? well that depends, and there could be a whole discussion on that, on if they were forced to follow their warchief, etc etc
    3. wel we shall see.

Yes, TBC was probably worse lorewise, but blizzard should simply refrain to write an addon about alliance vs horde: one will always be the loser in this situation and then probably hate the game or everyone will be upset. Pulling up shitty pvp-expansions is the reason wow fell from it's grace. In the end: all addons that were thematically about alliance vs horde are a failure. This includes the iron horde, a way to make alliance vs horde without the horde-conflict. Didn't worked out and never will.

So yes, i really hope they finally understood that NOBODY WANTS THIS ALLIANCE VS HORDE-CRAP. WoW always was at it's best when it was against an universal evil enemy, had dragons, undead, had crafting, had things that counts, had lore and were not as much of an roller-coaster where on every end there needs to be something to do. Right now we have around nothing from it. You can add alliance vs horde bgs, open world like wintergrasp OK. Right now Shadowlands have 0% alliance vs horde-crap other than sylvanas being again the mastermind behind whatever. Hopefully we can kill her and move on. I really don't want to see her ever again.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Draenei are one giant inconsistency for example, Illidans story arc, internal monologue that runs contrary to what they intend to do, the origin of the burning legion, the alternate timelines that were unstable, then again stable, back to unstable again, the Titans themselves, the old original old god lore etc.

The game is littered with inconsistencies some big and small, and if you really want to tell me Blizz is telling a consistent story we have nothing to say or discuss, I will put you on ignore and save us both the hassle of future interactions.

Sylvanas army was large enough to fight the horde and Alliance army combined it is adressed ingame several times, during the Anduin Saurfang cut-scene and in Razor hill with Alleria going so far to say that sylvanas has the only army on the globe that could fight and beat N'zoth.
    1. How are draenei one giant inconsistency? you cant just say something then not back it up with anything.
    I think you are inconsistent.
    2. Illidans story arc? again how
    3. Internal monologue? again what are you talking about
    4. What about the origin of the burning legion? Its been minor changes over the years of the game that really dont change much, none of it has really been retconned, only really expanded on.
    5. Holy shit, timelines and alternate realities changing between stable and unstable!? i have never heard of that oh wait, cause time travel and traveling across universes is something that is always unpredictable in media.
    6. What about titans? what about old god? stop just saying "this is bad" but literally saying ZIP about why.

7. Well then fucking use examples, you cant just say names, you have to ACTUALLY give examples.

8. The army within the city yes, but it was not sure how many actually followed her, and how many were forced to. She is talking about the power of her undead and their resistance to the void, why they are the "only arm on the globe that could fight and defeat nzoth" Becuase the dead are immune to the old gods. Which proves to be really important as we see in 8.3

Even internal monologues of characters are not valid sources for that character's motivations, plans and desires anymore in WoW and you're seriously going to pretend its story isn't inconsistent? People defending Blizzard are amazing.

Except for the part where Saurfang himself admitted few people joined him or the part where multiple characters said Sylvanas's forces outnumbered the Alliance and Horde's traitors combined and could have wiped them out had she so pleased.

1. How are draenei one giant inconsistency? you cant just say something then not back it up with anything.
    I think you are inconsistent.
    This one point alone is proof enough that you're only engaging in play pretend here, faking ignorance as a tactic to defend Blizzard. Because the Draenei retcon was so massive that Metzen felt it necessary to flat out apologize for it.

2. Illidans story arc? again how
    Him going crazy after his duel with Arthas only for a book to retcon it more than a decade later, just for starters.

3. Internal monologue? again what are you talking about
    The story about Sylvanas contradicting her own internal monologues.

4. What about the origin of the burning legion? Its been minor changes over the years of the game that really dont change much, none of it has really been retconned, only really expanded on.
    Minor changes like who corrupted Sargeras all the way to him not being corrupted by anyone at all but making the deliberate decision to start the Legion because of Void being spooky. Or "minor" things like whether Legion transcends all realities or not.

5. Holy shit, timelines and alternate realities changing between stable and unstable!? i have never heard of that oh wait, cause time travel and traveling across universes is something that is always unpredictable in media.
    Yeah, @Combatbulter was totally talking about the predictability of time travel as a concept and not the changing portrayal of the nature of timelines and how they work in WoW.

6. What about titans? what about old god? stop just saying "this is bad" but literally saying ZIP about why.
    You mean stuff like the amount of Old Gods or Titans to begin with? Or how many times did the Titans visit Azeroth. Or how they fought the Old Gods. Or whether the Titans visited Azeroth before or after the appearance of the Trolls.

8. The army within the city yes, but it was not sure how many actually followed her, and how many were forced to. She is talking about the power of her undead and their resistance to the void, why they are the "only arm on the globe that could fight and defeat nzoth" Becuase the dead are immune to the old gods. Which proves to be really important as we see in 8.3
    At no point does Alleria refer to the undead in that dialogue. Neither does anyone talk about being forced to obey Sylvanas. If you want to claim that to be the case ACTUALLY give examples of such dialogue.

Cheers for that link. Thanks to it I found the specific wording of Blizzard's remarks about how BfA's story will become their magnum opus once it is finished in my post there. Had trouble finding it recently without the specific phrase used.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

You know one thing I got mad about recently? There's that one quest where the Alliance sends spies to Warfang and they get mauled, so you have to rescue them. And I'm like "dude, you have a bunch of injured SI:7 dudes surrounded by peons... and no horde guy has the guts to kill them?!"

Why is it that they can't even bother to put those injured spies on hidden places, make them be two instead of five, and maybe even have one dying of injuries? Or have them locked in, you know, cages?No, we have to have five spies lying down in obvious places with workers and soldiers everywhere, and no, they can't put those guys down, nor they can put those spies in chains like the sort of top security location Warfang was supposed to be.

It's a writing so messy and terribly done in each and every level...

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    "I dont like thing, therefor it's bad", every time game X releases the number of hobby writers crying wRiTiNg bAd increases in unmeasurable numbers, suddenly every "Gamer" is a high art Connoisseur, newsflash Warcrafts Lore is aimed at 12 Year old's since ATLEAST Warcraft 3 in substance.
    He explained perfectly well why the story in BFA is bad and he is right.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHR View Post
    I just hope Sylvanas is actually evil, I don't think I could stomach another "MMMYEEES SHE WAS ACTUALLY GOOD ALL ALONG" twist
    Sylvanas has always been in it for herself. She's never gone off character and doubt she ever will. Whether that results in her saving everyone or wanting to end all creation, that's just fallout that doesn't concern her.

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    We begin with «Who attacked first» at blizzcon. They’ve villain batted the horde since the beginning of time, what a suprise they also attacked first... AGAIN. We could have had Jaina burning it down to frame the horde or have the alliance attack first for once but nooo...

No matter how much the Horde beat the Alliance they always just won anyway. Lordaeron plaguebombed and lost their entire army? Just summon jaina. She can suddenly remove blight and blast walls with a magic ship and teleport them anywhere.

Then they realised that their writers couldnt fucking write a morally grey story so they give the alliance straight up Purge squads to kill the Vulpera. Totally not out of character

Alliance didnt lose a single character while the horde lost 3, what a suprise

Sylvanas literally having the support of 99% of the horde and wins the mak’gora but they make her throw it the last minute because «We kinda writed outselves into a corner, time for plan B»

Fuck even Game of Thrones Season 8 is a literary masterpiece compared to this

Stop crying boomer, the writing is fine if you pay attention to the game at all. This was always the plan for the game, just get casuals who don't pay attention to the actual game and they get mad when the story shifts.

Sylvannis has been working on a "master plan" since the start of the game, we're 15 years into this story. There was not TWIST, we always knew she was pure evil, from a certain point of view.

Think about this for a second, MMO-Champion is filled with people who hate Classic because it was 1 of 2 things.

1. Wasn't true Vanilla....
    2. Isn't Retail

Pitpit plays retail, he got into an end game guild with people he has no history with, they got him his Mythic Azshara kill. But honeslty that kill means nothing now. Because retail is garbage compared to Classic.

Pitpit has a Mythic Azxshaara kill but couldn't get a charecter to 60 because he can't commit to the game. How can someone who think retail is the be all end all of wow fail so hard at understanding the game.

It is more important to get a mage blade in Classic then it is to get a Mythic Azshara kill because we know the story has already told us we're going back to lvl 60.

Make no mistake, all the people who suck to much to play Classic will be mad whene all the work in retail they did is made pointless in 1.2 years of raiding a pointless raid only to end up lvl 60

I'm already there kids,

LVL 60 is Retail,
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-12-27 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    The Dwarves and Gnomes: <Not existing in the plot>

This one annoys me so much, by all accounts the Dwarves should be one of if not THE most formidable force on Azeroth right now, they united their three clans, are much more defensive which means the last few wars (legion invasions for example) would have less effect on them than the other races, and they are technologically advanced compared to most of the other races.

and yet...they just don't fucking do anything, some dwarf NPCs are chilling but BFA would have you believe that all the races are incredibly small and even together they only form a small military (War in Zandalar and Arathi split the Alliance completely thin...sure)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Stop crying boomer, the writing is fine if you pay attention to the game at all. This was always the plan for the game, just get casuals who don't pay attention to the actual game and they get mad when the story shifts.

Sylvannis has been working on a "master plan" since the start of the game, we're 15 years into this story. There was not TWIST, we always knew she was pure evil, from a certain point of view.

Think about this for a second, MMO-Champion is filled with people who hate Classic because it was 1 of 2 things.

1. Wasn't true Vanilla....
    2. Isn't Retail

Pitpit plays retail, he got into an end game guild with people he has no history with, they got him his Mythic Azshara kill. But honeslty that kill means nothing now. Because retail is garbage compared to Classic.

Pitpit has a Mythic Azxshaara kill but couldn't get a charecter to 60 because he can't commit to the game. How can someone who think retail is the be all end all of wow fail so hard at understanding the game.

It is more important to get a mage blade in Classic then it is to get a Mythic Azshara kill because we know the story has already told us we're going back to lvl 60.

Make no mistake, all the people who suck to much to play Classic will be mad whene all the work in retail they did is made pointless in 1.2 years of raiding a pointless raid only to end up lvl 60

I'm already there kids,

LVL 60 is Retail,
    What the hell are you on about? You talked about a point related to the OP for two little blocks and then started talking about Classic and non story related things.
    What?
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

And the terrible writing is continuing into Shadowlands. They've already retconned so much shit just to fit the new narrative. Everything I've read reeks of Christy Golden's terrible writing influencing the current writing team. They were already doing terrible and the addition of Christy Golden has put a nail in the coffin for Warcraft. I used to love the lore but after BfA and what I've read of Shadowlands.....I've lost all fucking faith in the future of the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    We begin with «Who attacked first» at blizzcon. They’ve villain batted the horde since the beginning of time, what a suprise they also attacked first... AGAIN. We could have had Jaina burning it down to frame the horde or have the alliance attack first for once but nooo...
    Jaina was perfect to get villain-batted. Either to make faction war or to be raid boss in full N'zoth expansion.
    No matter how much the Horde beat the Alliance they always just won anyway. Lordaeron plaguebombed and lost their entire army? Just summon jaina. She can suddenly remove blight and blast walls with a magic ship and teleport them anywhere.
    When we learned who burned the tree, I knew we will lose. That's the childlish WoW writing.
    Then they realised that their writers couldnt fucking write a morally grey story so they give the alliance straight up Purge squads to kill the Vulpera. Totally not out of character
    They removed it so Alliance players stop complaining.
    Alliance didnt lose a single character while the horde lost 3, what a suprise
    And Tyrande got a buff. However, Alliance will cry that they lost more.
    Sylvanas literally having the support of 99% of the horde and wins the mak’gora but they make her throw it the last minute because «We kinda writed outselves into a corner, time for plan B»
    Not exactly, Horde leaders all started loving Anduin in 8.1.5.
    Fuck even Game of Thrones Season 8 is a literary masterpiece compared to this
    Yes. At least Season 8 got super shitty only in two last episodes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    This one annoys me so much, by all accounts the Dwarves should be one of if not THE most formidable force on Azeroth right now, they united their three clans, are much more defensive which means the last few wars (legion invasions for example) would have less effect on them than the other races, and they are technologically advanced compared to most of the other races.

and yet...they just don't fucking do anything, some dwarf NPCs are chilling but BFA would have you believe that all the races are incredibly small and even together they only form a small military (War in Zandalar and Arathi split the Alliance completely thin...sure)
    For Blizzard there are four races: humans to love, orcs to hate, undead to give humans casus belli against orcs and elves(no differentiation) to look pathetic next to humans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    And the terrible writing is continuing into Shadowlands. They've already retconned so much shit just to fit the new narrative. Everything I've read reeks of Christy Golden's terrible writing influencing the current writing team. They were already doing terrible and the addition of Christy Golden has put a nail in the coffin for Warcraft. I used to love the lore but after BfA and what I've read of Shadowlands.....I've lost all fucking faith in the future of the franchise.
    We can only hope for them to fire her as their scapegoat. However, I think Shadowlands will get better. Retcons(although it is still salvageable with good choice of words) aside, I think it will be less warped by personal biases, as faction wars are magnets for bad writing.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Stop crying boomer
    I'm already there kids

the writing is fine if you pay attention to the game at all.
    not in any account, writing of bfa is shit revolved around the rule of cool, and bending characters to fit the rehashed crap plot

snip
    You are not worth my time, so bye.

7+ Year Old Account
    You are not worth my time, so bye.
    "You asked me to explain my feelings, instead of just letting me use my buzzwords, therefore you are not worth my time"
    funny.