Page 1 of 28
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Personal Loot Feedback - Three Raids Later

There was a lot of complaints in these forums when Master Looter was removed and all raid loot was turned personal. Now, 3 raids later, what are people's opinion of the current loot system?

To GMs and Raid Leaders:
    - Is Personal Loot helping you with player retention by reducing loot drama?
    - Or is it making player retention harder since players are no longer invested in sticking around in the guild once they are loot capped?

To Raiders:
    - Has personal loot helped your raiding experience by reducing loot drama?
    - Do you feel interested in staying with a guild once the guild hits a major road block or do you just move on to higher progression guild for easier loot drops?
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

My guild has found it infuriating to not be able to give certain items to certain raiders; we had a 455 Azshara trinket drop for a fury warrior on our first heroic kill who has it in his bags just for the lols now and hasn't equipped it a single time - to the detriment of the 3 fire mages and numerous other specs it would have been useful for. Things like that have happened a lot for us and it gets more annoying every time; I'm still unsure why a guild group can't decide for itself which loot system it wants to use. Pugs being forced to use personal loot I am 100% for, but not organised raiding.

Similarly not being able to trade an item that is 5 ilvl higher than a current piece to someone who it would be a huge upgrade for (someone got Lure at 450 and had it at 445 but couldn't trade it to someone who had it at 430) is fucking horrible design imo and does more harm than good

I would much prefer either titanforging to be capped at +10 ilvl so it doesn't feel so bad when someone gets an insane item they can't trade to someone who it will be more beneficial to, which would also be less likely if items can't forge so many ilvl above base drop, or make it so we can use master loot again. Or, to be honest, both.
    Last edited by Gladeheart; 2019-10-02 at 04:46 PM.

The only "actual" problem i have with it is the speed of gearing and especially alts.

With basic luck and proper setup, all it takes is 3 M+ to skip everything, of course stars rarely align so lets say 10 M+.

There are moments where i enjoy the fact that i make a full Leather/Mail/Plate group or <Insert weapon needed> spec changed on everyone else to get what i want, but at the same time its too fast.

Now you could always not do that but ehhh, few 10-15s with friends boosting the alt, or hours and hours of cancerous pugs and actual LFR wipes, there is no actual middle ground at the moment and it somehow bothers me.

Cant really place it, i think its a sense of boredom from before you even start cause you know you are gonna get geared enough (~440) in no time with some luck, but you have to grind other irrelevant stuff.

A sense of dread having to grind non-items i believe!
    Last edited by potis; 2019-10-02 at 04:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm OK with it. I think benefits outweigh the problems, for one it ensures everyone is decently geared no matter their standing in guild or pug run.

In a proper guild it's pretty much same as Master Looter 3 weeks in anyway. There are occasional hiccups like WF item going to someone who can't benefit of it, but overall with all the torrential rains of loot it does not matter much.

I think it's dumb why not let the raid/ Guild choose? This has killed GDKP runs which I have had a blast doing in the past. Also I loved DKP so take that as you will, but have had the most luck in raids with just simple /roll on items. Then again I despise raiding after the death of 10mans.

It would be far better if the dumb Ilvl restriction was removed. Even then, I still prefer the old way of getting loot.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's annoying and stupid, and I don't like the principle behind it that seemingly suggests that we need Papa Blizzard to manage loot so people's fee fees don't get hurt. However, it's not much different after a few weeks than the old system, insofar as getting loot goes. Just more inefficient. It is a major piss off when someone gets a bound useless item, however.

5+ Year Old Account
    I really like personal loot, but then again, I have been in the same guild for a decade and am not here to get "loot capped"... also I'm not pushing top 100 world kills, so maybe that has some effect (but these people can just trade loot anyways?) The proponents of DKP seem to be missing that point.. or have no trust in fellow guild members or are overly concerned with loot control... or both?

It's complete rubbish. Makes guilds runs a pain when stuff drops and people can't trade it. We used to have a culture where everyone was offering loot pieces around, now it's just "oh look what dropped!" followed by "ffs I can't trade it!"

I guess it's cool when you're pugging with total randoms, but for our little guild, it has been nothing but a fucking nuisance.

As a raid leader, honestly less headaches now.

you win + you need it = you keep.
    you dont want it > /r0oll does that need it roll.

Getting items you can't trade that you don't need that someone else would get a benefit from and their your guildie? What could possibly be terrible about that?

Oh right, the sense of helping your friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    Getting items you can't trade that you don't need that someone else would get a benefit from and their your guildie? What could possibly be terrible about that?

Oh right, the sense of helping your friends.
    Yup.

I got a 455 caster DPS trinket from first boss rolling as balance on a resto druid. My resto trinkets are 450 and 445 and I only balance for questing and lols. But couldnt trade because personal loot doesnt let me to.

So now I have a close to BiS caster DPS trinket that I rarely use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    There was a lot of complaints in these forums when Master Looter was removed and all raid loot was turned personal. Now, 3 raids later, what are people's opinion of the current loot system?

To GMs and Raid Leaders:
    - Is Personal Loot helping you with player retention by reducing loot drama?
    - Or is it making player retention harder since players are no longer invested in sticking around in the guild once they are loot capped?

To Raiders:
    - Has personal loot helped your raiding experience by reducing loot drama?
    - Do you feel interested in staying with a guild once the guild hits a major road block or do you just move on to higher progression guild for easier loot drops?
    The real issue on this topic is not Personal loot vs Master loot. It's Personal loot + Master loot vs Personnal loot alone. Removing a feature that worked perfectly fine to force everyone into another feature that was already available is objectively not a solution to any problem. First of all, there was NO PROBLEM to solve, it was in Blizzard's head. Secondly, if people prefer personnal loot then they could still use it before, or today even if Master loot was still available.

Simply removign options from players, just like pruning everywhere else in the game. Straight up pointless, serves no purpose other than reducing the quality of the game in general.

It's worked out better than I expected. If your guild is on the same page (or can at least pretend to be) you'll find a way to work with it that works for your team.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I absolutely love personal loot systems. Sure there are times I wish people could trade an item they dont need. No more raid leaders taking whatever they want. The guild leadership cant just gear themselves first simply because they are "officers". Players cant "cuddle up" to officers or guild leader just gain favor. Less drama is amazing. Besides if tradable loot drops and that person doesnt need,in most cases they let others roll for it

All they have to do for personal loot is just remove the gear restriction. Get the loot you can do whatever you want with it regardless if it's an upgrade.

The fact that a majority of guilds still use ML with an add on speaks volumes to how pointless the addition of forced PL was. Oh, and go watch MethodJosh's video on how they prepared for BoD and tell me how that is somehow less bad for the game than the split runs forced PL was supposed to fix.

Just bring back ML. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sfoda View Post
    I absolutely love personal loot systems. Sure there are times I wish people could trade an item they dont need. No more raid leaders taking whatever they want. The guild leadership cant just gear themselves first simply because they are "officers". Players cant "cuddle up" to officers or guild leader just gain favor. Less drama is amazing. Besides if tradable loot drops and that person doesnt need,in most cases they let others roll for it
    It's adorable that you think loot drama doesn't exist with PL.

7+ Year Old Account
    removing master loot was so fucking dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    The real issue on this topic is not Personal loot vs Master loot. It's Personal loot + Master loot vs Personnal loot alone. Removing a feature that worked perfectly fine to force everyone into another feature that was already available is objectively not a solution to any problem. First of all, there was NO PROBLEM to solve, it was in Blizzard's head. Secondly, if people prefer personnal loot then they could still use it before, or today even if Master loot was still available.

Simply removign options from players, just like pruning everywhere else in the game. Straight up pointless, serves no purpose other than reducing the quality of the game in general.
    It's pretty simple. "Organised" raiding was full of ninja looting. It was that simple. When an item dropped it went to the GM or their friends first. We have already gone through this and it was proven that the majority of players preferred the idea of personal loot over getting ninjaed. All Blizzard did was remove the option of scamming others out of their loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

i dont mind personal loot, but master looter is way better for guilds