Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    yes

and they get banned...

every six months...

hence it's not aggressive banning, it's a biannual ban wave, which does nothing to deter the botters

---------------------

The title of this OP is "AGGRESSIVELY BAN" not "eventually ban"
    Good for you... keep it up... But that begs the question. What exactly do you want the rest of us to do about it? You've never told us.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Good for you... keep it up... But that begs the question. What exactly do you want the rest of us to do about it? You've never told us.
    I want more people to talk about it, expose it, report it. Raise hell about it.

Btw, this shit is arena too and plagues the 2.2-2.6k bracket (very skilled humans play better than 2.6k human-bot hybrids in small 2/3 man arena settings, but not in a 10 man teamfight setting, which is why the bot rbg teams HATE seething shore since it functions like 3 mini-arenas, LOLOLOLOL).

Banning them isn't enough, update the ToS and sue them irl.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want more people to talk about it, expose it, report it. Raise hell about it.

Btw, this shit is arena too and plagues the 2.2-2.6k bracket (very skilled humans play better than 2.6k human-bot hybrids in small 2/3 man arena settings, but not in a 10 man teamfight setting, which is why the bot rbg teams HATE seething shore since it functions like 3 mini-arenas, LOLOLOLOL).

Banning them isn't enough, update the ToS and sue them irl.
    Can only report the folks we see... When you say 'sue them'... for what, specifically?

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Can only report the folks we see... When you say 'sue them'... for what, specifically?
    Lost profits, since it deters the majority (legitimate) from playing high end PvP in arena and rbg's.

Even if they lose the case, it jams these people up with lawyer fees and inconvenience, and may even cause them to settle for $1000-$2000.

$1k-$2k isn't anyhting for Blizzard, but it's enough to hurt pleb John Smith and his $30,000 yearly income.

The moment there's a major financial and legal risk to hacking/boting/cheating/etc, it will stop in a heartbeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lost profits, since it deters the majority (legitimate) from playing high end PvP in arena and rbg's.

Even if they lose the case, it jams these people up with lawyer fees and inconvenience, and may even cause them to settle for $1000-$2000.

$1k-$2k isn't anyhting for Blizzard, but it's enough to hurt pleb John Smith and his $30,000 yearly income.

The moment there's a major financial and legal risk to hacking/boting/cheating/etc, it will stop in a heartbeat.
    So you want Blizzard to lose cases in court so you can feel better about getting thumped in pvp? That isn't even remotely going to happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Seriously wtf, this shit been going on FOR WAY TOO LONG (over two expansions). Now there are entire 10 man RBG teams using a BOT SYNC to ensure none of them overlap CC/stuns/kicks/etc
    TBH, Blizz has long been in denial about bots in their game. Although I rarely play PvP, I've seen plenty of botting in the game over the years, and have reported plenty in the past.

One of the problems is that the majority of Blizz support has the same attitude as you see in this thread. They just, by default, assume that you are butthurt with no curiosity or intention of actually trying to find out the truth. Even if that is true for 80% of the people who report botting, they don't seem to understand that it means that 20% of the reporting is accurate...they treat all reports as if they were the 80% (one of the most common failings of people who understand only the basics of statistics).

The other problem is their own belief that their systems are just *so* superior that no one could successfully figure out how to bypass their detection routines. This is a common problem with security across nearly all industries, so definitely not unique to Blizz. Their arrogance is what allows these bots and programs to exist for so very long before they get crushed...because Blizz simply doesn't believe in them until they run into them head on themselves that they finally recognize the reality of that one bot or program, but they immediately return to their arrogance believing that that particular bot or program was just an odd exception.

Finally, the last piece of the puzzle is that Blizz is spending extraordinarily little to maintain this game anymore. They literally don't have sufficient personnel assigned to support WoW to perform due diligence anymore. Profit above all else.

So you want Blizzard to lose cases in court so you can feel better about getting thumped in pvp? That isn't even remotely going to happen.
    A $2000 settlement is considered a win, not a loss, and provides further legal basis to penalize the perpetrator even worse if they are caught doing it again.

The only way Blizzard loses the case is if they go all the way to a jury trial and lose, which is likely enough for Blizzard to offer a settlement that still hits the perp in the wallet.

OP, you're going a bit far by decrying that Blizzard should actually legally litigate people for botting. It's just not going to happen, they wouldn't do that because it'd be very hard to do and it'd just make Blizzard look bad anyways. That said, the certain user you've been back-and-forthing with the last few posts here is, trust me, better left on your ignore list.

Blizzard is obviously super aware of botting services and they're probably taking their time to build up a strong legal case against them before they start to target them with cease and desists, specifically for the purpose of making sure they won't just pop back up a month later under different names (like carry services do). It could also be that they simply can't reach them legally (operating in countries where it's incredibly difficult to reach them).

I do agree they should be stricter about bans/punishments, especially for repeat offenders. 6 month bans are meant to be a sort of "season ban" to make sure the offender can't even get back into the season after they're unbanned, and I really think that suffices for initial rule breaking and I don't agree with perm bans in general (as they're pretty much the equivalent of a death sentence, which I think is just stupid), but they can do more than just ban people. It'd be interesting if they permanently barred an account from participating in RBGs, or at least extended bans of the same nature.

The real issue with bans, though, is you're talking about banning a very, very niche type of player. A lot of these players will be pissed at a perm ban because it means they'll lose their account's historical achievements, but they'll have no real issue just making and boosting up a new account to continue their same behavior. These people aren't normally your average player, they're highly focused-content people (they do very little outside of Arena/RBG PvP, and involve themselves only minutely in communities outside of high level PvP culture). A ban for them means a lot less than a ban for an average player who actually has a lot of sentimental value for their WoW account.

10+ Year Old Account
    A $2000 settlement is considered a win, not a loss, and provides further legal basis to penalize the perpetrator even worse if they are caught doing it again.

The only way Blizzard loses the case is if they go all the way to a jury trial and lose, which is likely enough for Blizzard to offer a settlement that still hits the perp in the wallet.
    If this is what its going to take to untwist your knickers, then you very likely are going to have twisted knickers for an extremely long time.

Mind blown at how some people here defend or try to give reason for these cheats, I kind of understand, most of these "defenders" don't pvp, so it's a problem that they don't understand. They probably do there LFR and it's all good for the week ...

Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    op literally explained the issue in detail, there is not much else to explain about

if you dont understand it you probably havent experienced high rated combat yet and so maybe you should not be a part of this discussion, since it doesnt concern you anyways

Don't tell me you are so bad that you are losing to bots in arena.

LULZ

- - - Updated - - -

yes

and they get banned...

every six months...

hence it's not aggressive banning, it's a biannual ban wave, which does nothing to deter the botters

---------------------

The title of this OP is "AGGRESSIVELY BAN" not "eventually ban"
    Git gud. If your're losing to bots. Git gud.

Quote Originally Posted by Koken View Post
    Don't tell me you are so bad that you are losing to bots in arena.

LULZ

- - - Updated - - -

Git gud. If your're losing to bots. Git gud.
    i am not OP
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

If one of those routines you mentioned beats you - then you are the problem. These things are horrible. Any semi-decent beeing at 1800+ should be 10 times better than anyone using those routines.

"BUT MY RBG GROUP IS DESTROYED BECAUSE 1400+ mmr PEOPLE CAN ALL OF A SUDDEN SYNC THEIR CDS?!?!?" As posted above. Git gud.

i am not OP
    Buy you are confirming the issue, as if there was one. Hence you are as bad as OP losing to bots in PvP.

Ending up fighting bots is free win and free rating.

Buy you are confirming the issue, as if there was one. Hence you are as bad as OP losing to bots in PvP.

Ending up fighting bots is free win and free rating.
    If Bots always lose. So their win percentage is 0%. Why would anyone bother using the bots at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Geo9999 View Post
    If Bots always lose. So their win percentage is 0%. Why would anyone bother using the bots at all...
    The thing is, they don't always lose, they surely win vs noobs. Hence "git gud".

Interesting. I’m at a high rating and don’t seem to experience what you’re experiencing. At least, not noticeably or aggressively by any means. Maybe get better if you expect to be in high brackets? Yes, these bots exist, but I would personally estimate that I see 1 single player every 30 BGs, but even then, it’s incredibly difficult to tell the difference between what you’re calling a bot and a skilled player.

For example, I’ve been called a hacker and a botter from how I play. I assure you I’m not and Blizzard watching me all day, like you want, would easily conclude I’m not—just like a high majority/all of the people you’re complaining about. You should note a couple of things:
    - Practice makes someone appear “impossibly good.”
    - 20ms is low, but 10ms makes even more “impossibly” perfect timing with skills. Don’t discount latency.

This post is literally describing how a player is essentially struggling to deal with another player character that is being controlled by a bot with a set attack sequence.

For the sake of this conversation, we will refer to these "player characters controlled by bots" -- I dunno, let's call them NPCS. The NPC's, in conjunction with other NPC's, are chaining CC's and damage abilities in a pre-set order.

So these NPC's run up to you and your teammates with their 1-2-3 combo and it's stumping you? This sounds more like your issue and not blizzards.

Also, there is no way this is as wide spread as you think it is. Blizzard changed their detection methods for bots & characters controlled by programs years ago.

i.e - Google "honor buddy"

Source: Used honor buddy for years (not for PVP though - mostly leveling)

The thing is, they don't always lose, they surely win vs noobs. Hence "git gud".
    if only i could be so naive and dont understand why botters are a problem, what a nice world it would be to live in
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

if only i could be so naive and dont understand why botters are a problem, what a nice world it would be to live in
    You just need to git gud mr "expert". Then bots in PvP will be free rating for you.