Thread: 8.3 soon™

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    You missed the boat just now. Check the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    I meant that part for the reputation. Tanaan was the first world quest-y slower grindy thing (which was a huge upgrade from nothing or mob grind that wod has had), Legion just continued on it with full on wq etc.
    World quests were added into the game in Legion. Tanaan was part of WoD. It featured daily quests. Just like we have had for many expansions. WoD and past expansions were also not "nothing or mob grind".
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    Ny'alotha is everywhere. It's through a thin veil all throughout Azeroth.
    Ny'alotha was the friends we made along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    World quests were added into the game in Legion. Tanaan was part of WoD. It featured daily quests. Just like we have had for many expansions.
    Wod, specifically Tanaan has had world quests. They were called "bonus objectives", but essentially they were the first iteration of world quests we saw from Legion. They had the little icon and the weird noise upon arrival and everything if I remember correctly.

Wod, specifically Tanaan has had world quests. They were called "bonus objectives", but essentially they were the first iteration of world quests we saw from Legion. They had the little icon and everything.
    Bonus objectives are not world quests and were part of the questing experience. They were not limited to Tanaan and were in all zones of WoD. You should stop before you make an even bigger fool by claiming something that is not.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

i liked chromie scenario, visions lookes like merging of mage tower and chromie scenario, hopefully they will give awesome transmog items just like mage tower did

Bonus objectives are not world quests and were part of the questing experience. They were not limited to Tanaan and were in all zones of WoD. You should stop before you make an even bigger fool by claiming something that is not.
    Lol.
    So this doesn't look like an early iteration of today's world quests? And then what are world quests? Aren't they an iteration of bonus objectives? They work the same, you go to an area, where objective pops up. you get it done, you get rewards. The difference between bonus objectives and world quests is that bonus objectives are more tedious.

lulz... All this no 8.3 bullcrap, literally laughing my ass off over here.

As expected, they tossed out 8.3 info now to focus on new expansion in Blizzcon.

Lol.
    So this doesn't look like an early iteration of today's world quests? And then what are world quests? Aren't they an iteration of bonus objectives? They work the same, you go to an area, where objective pops up. you get it done, you get rewards. The difference between bonus objectives and world quests is that bonus objectives are more tedious.
    I never said that there were no bonus objectives in Tanaan. Bonus objectives have nothing to do with Tanaan and everything to do with WoD where they first made an appearance as part of the expansion. Dailies are also precursor to World Quests. Much more so then Bonus objectives. As we do the same type of thing we did during normal quests which were also similar to dailies we have done since Burning Crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightforged View Post
    The 8.3 Announcement either happens this week or it is all being saved for Blizzcon, IMO.
    it... it already happened dude...

I never said that there were no bonus objectives in Tanaan. Bonus objectives have nothing to do with Tanaan and everything to do with WoD where they first made an appearance as part of the expansion. Dailies are also precursor to World Quests. Much more so then Bonus objectives. As we do the same type of thing we did during normal quests which were also similar to dailies we have done since Burning Crusade.
    Are you really this dense? I said the FIRST time we had this world quest type of rep gain was in Legion then I put Tanaan into brackets. Because Tanaan had bonus objectives that were essentially world quests. Tanaan rep was something new. It was a mix between old blue exclamation mark dailies and Legion type of world quest thing. This is why it was in brackets.......................
    Happy nitpicking.

Are you really this dense? I said the FIRST time we had this world quest type of rep gain was in Legion then I put Tanaan into brackets. Because Tanaan had bonus objectives that were essentially world quests. Tanaan rep was something new. It was a mix between old blue exclamation mark dailies and Legion type of world quest thing. This is why it was in brackets.......................
    Happy nitpicking.
    Tanaan rep was nothing new. We did bonus objectives for rep/xp/rewards all of WoD. Tanaan is also not part of Legion so putting it in brackets of legion is dumb. The bonus objectives are not a mix of World quests and ! dailies. They were just an extra to normal dailies. Tanaan was nothing revolutionary or new.

Tanaan rep was nothing new. We did bonus objectives for rep/xp/rewards all of WoD. Tanaan is also not part of Legion so putting it in brackets of legion is dumb. The bonus objectives are not a mix of World quests and ! dailies. They were just an extra to normal dailies. Tanaan was nothing revolutionary or new.
    Jesus christ you are hopeless. And desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by ralilioth View Post
    Maybe check the front page?
    8.3 isn't happening guys... oh wait
    pane, nutella e demon hunter

Jesus christ you are hopeless. And desperate.
    Says the one insulting and using a religious figures name. Bonus objectives were nothing new to Tanaan. Plain and simple. Blizzard may have took inspiration from Bonus Objectives and Dailies to make world quests but bonus objectives were still a core feature of WoD in at launch. The same WoD you said had nothing but mob grinding prior to Tanaan. Whose main draw was grinding mobs (the rares) rather then bonus objectives.

Says the one insulting and using a religious figures name. Bonus objectives were nothing new to Tanaan. Plain and simple. Blizzard may have took inspiration from Bonus Objectives and Dailies to make world quests but bonus objectives were still a core feature of WoD in at launch. The same WoD you said had nothing but mob grinding prior to Tanaan. Whose main draw was grinding mobs (the rares) rather then bonus objectives.
    I guess this is the point where you are so entangled in your own confusion as to why you started to nitpick my original comment and talk down to me that even you don't know anymore, but you just can't let it go. I'll just walk away. Brrr. :/

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    it... it already happened dude...
    That's what I get for randomly posting while doing my job!

8.3 still may not happen guys, maybe intern Todd will delete all data.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    8.3 still may not happen guys, maybe intern Todd will delete all data.
    xD Lets hope he stumbles on that 3PAR storage array shelf and takes everything with him.

And then again in the 15 other datacenters.

Well for once, I am happy that Blizzard is actually communicating with their customers again. Hope they keep the videos coming and not "one twenty minute chat every six months".

Holy crap, is that another one of Philip Zhang's gorgeous sky box matte paintings? Blizzard environmental art team continues to be the very best in gaming.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Druid / Steam / MyAnimeList / IMDB - - - - - - - - - - - -